Type keyword(s) to search

Carole Radziwill: She's a Real Princess!

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Or are just confident and secure.

Then they wouldn't need outside validation. Security comes from within, not other people and their opinions.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

Security comes from within, not other people and their opinions.

And (to me) it's unhealthy to use a self-compliment to constantly reinforce the idea that women = their looks. Compliment yourself on your writing, your character, your ability to survive, etc  -- enough with the "great ass" and "best tits" lines  -- women aren't their asses and tits. 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

Then they wouldn't need outside validation. Security comes from within, not other people and their opinions.

Ageee to disagree and mileage varying and all that. I guess I should have just added imo to the end of my opinion as well...

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

I agree. 

Some women are taught to be modest about their good qualities, accomplishments, etc.  But so have some men.  If a man said to me, "My abs are effing unbelievable", he'd get the same side eye as a woman who said the same. 

It's not a "women were taught not to compliment themselves" thing for me.  It's a "some things just don't need to be said unless the sayer is seeking validation" thing.  I understand MMV but it's the way I was raised, too.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, film noire said:

And (to me) it's unhealthy to use a self-compliment to constantly reinforce the idea that women = their looks. Compliment yourself on your writing, your character, your ability to survive, etc  -- enough with the "great ass" and "best tits" lines  -- women aren't their asses and tits. 

What happens when the looks go and you're left with...?  

Relying on or wanting praise about your looks when you're young is comical but when you're elderly it's tragic....

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 2

Compliment yourself on your writing, your character, your ability to survive, etc  -- enough with the "great ass" and "best tits" lines  -- women aren't their asses and tits. 

Shouldn't people - men and women - be free to compliment themselves about whatever suits them?

Being in your 50s is elderly now? Ouch.

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

trendy-is-the-last-stage-before-tacky-ka

Funny you should post this today because last week when we were talking about Carole's high tops, I came across this picture and wondered...If everyone is wearing aviator frames and torn jeans and long hair parted down the middle, why are they considered trendy?  To me, it just makes them like everybody else who is wearing the same thing. Another reason why Linda Rodin kind of stands alone in her uniqueness.  She doesn't seem to adopt 'trends'.

3DA28A9A00000578-0-image-a-132_148800296

• Love 3
1 minute ago, ryebread said:

Funny you should post this today because last week when we were talking about Carole's high tops, I came across this picture and wondered...If everyone is wearing aviator frames and torn jeans and long hair parted down the middle, why are they considered trendy?  To me, it just makes them like everybody else who is wearing the same thing. Another reason why Linda Rodin kind of stands alone in her uniqueness.  She doesn't seem to adopt 'trends'.

3DA28A9A00000578-0-image-a-132_148800296

love the Lagerfeld quote!  Can't decide who looks worse here.  Both are wearing ridiculous shoes - Carole - you are not in the NBA, Kyle,  dark red, apparently velvet, too high heels look stupid with the jeans.  Then there's the rolled up part, so we can see the ugly shoes?

I'll go with a tie.  I have always hated the "pre-ripped, let's charge high prices for jeans that look like they are on their last legs", "trend."

The aviator shades don't bother me, though they are too big on both of them (wahh, I wish I could wear contacts again and get back to real sunglasses).

• Love 6

Someone with all of Carole's supposed accomplishments should be able, at this stage of the game, to rest on her laurels. Instead she seeks validation through her looks and by cutting down the other women. I have the best breasts, I have the best ass, I'm more informed and smarter than the other HW's, they have fake breasts...It's a bit tedious at this point. When she came on she was supposed to be the intellectual and accomplished HW, I have yet to see any of that side to her.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Ki-in said:

Someone with all of Carole's supposed accomplishments should be able, at this stage of the game, to rest on her laurels. Instead she seeks validation through her looks and by cutting down the other women. I have the best breasts, I have the best ass, I'm more informed and smarter than the other HW's, they have fake breasts...It's a bit tedious at this point. When she came on she was supposed to be the intellectual and accomplished HW, I have yet to see any of that side to her.

But...but....but her sweater in the picture above says, "Don't believe the hype". 

So does she want us to believe she has the best breasts and ass and is the most informed? Or not? ;-)  See? Told ya.  She's a complete contradiction.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Shouldn't people - men and women - be free to compliment themselves about whatever suits them?

Being in your 50s is elderly now? Ouch.

Sure they can.  But some people would find it in bad form.  We know someone who loves to talk about how much his car, homes, and jewelry costs.  He's a hard worker and absolutely deserves to talk about his good stuff but it just seems wrong, somehow.  Like, why you gotta be like that? I can see your car costs $90.000.  And good to know you spent $35,000 on your wife's engagement ring....  He's also realllllllly good looking which he's not afraid to talk about, either.  But he'd be so much moreso with a little humility. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Ki-in said:

Relying on or wanting praise about your looks when you're young is comical but when you're elderly it's tragic....

ramona-singer-gif-what

• Love 5

Nothing wrong with being proud of one's accomplishments. If anything, to me, it speaks more to the insecuritities of those who are rankled by such statements.

Just me, but someone I dislike is bragging, I just shrug my shoulders and move on to something more interesting. Or, something more substantial to snark on ;) but to each their own...

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Nothing wrong with being proud of one's accomplishments. If anything, to me, it speaks more to the insecuritities of those who are rankled by such statements .

I wouldn't say rankled.  Although I know some of our group is struggling financially and it hurts them to be reminded so often that their wallets aren't as fat as John's (by John).  So maybe they're rankled.  And yes, they are insecure about their futures which has probably made them insecure about themselves. :-(

For me, again, it falls back to how I was raised.  I never knew how much money my dad earned.  Or even what party he voted.  There were just certain things that didn't need to be talked about.

29 minutes ago, steelcitysister said:

ramona-singer-gif-what

LOL.  Yup.  In Ramona's case, it is kind of tragic.

My BFF is a nurse.  She was suggesting to her 100 year old patient to let her help her get to the bathroom.  Nope nope nope. 

"Well, let me get you a walker, then." 

"Walkers are for old people."  Made my friend chuckle because everyone has a different interpretation as to what old is.  My hubs is older than me and I remember when he hit 40.  My god, I thought that was SUCH a milestone into old age.  LOL.  Now, I think 83 is elderly.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Or the sweater is meaningless and she just thought it looked nice on her  ;)

Perhaps.  I know she likes to wear statement shirts, "You had me at Merlot", "TROUBLE", "Happy", "Loved", "Wanderer".  Things she wants us to know.

And then there are her statement pillow cases.  One side says "Sleep", the other side, "Fuck".  So there are things she wants us to know and things I'd rather NOT know. Hee.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, BBHN said:

I'm not even sure Carole takes all of it literally...

So we shouldn't believe the hype?  LOL.  Just kidding.  Carole is just Carole.  Can't say I like her much but she's interesting to me.  Which tells me all is not lost because housewives like Ramona and Vicki interest me not at all.  Carole is snark inspiring.  Whereas those other two I can't even be bothered to contemplate.

Don't you have a HW you love to hate?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ryebread said:

The pictures posted here of Linda Rodin showed some trendy items including high top sneakers.  I don't think Carole is following any trend here but it is awful.  I'm pretty sure those are Hollister Overalls.  I don't know why she would want to wear those.  Luanne had on an American Eagle pair of shorts once.  Why?  I doubt they were her daughters, they aren't the same size.  

39 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Don't you have a HW you love to hate?

I only watch New York but I think of them all equally except Ramona.  I don't hate her but I don't think she's a good person either.  

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Ki-in said:

I just don't see Carole as someone who is relying on praise about her looks. Not at all. She seems very comfortable in her own skin, her own clothes, her own apartment, her own relationship, and she doesn't seem to give two shits about what others think of her, or any of the other stuff. I loved at her b-day party when she was proud to be turning 50 and spoke of how sad she thought it was that others thought it not something to celebrate. You go girl.

• Love 7
On 8/8/2017 at 2:07 PM, Ki-in said:

I was looking forward to having a more intellectual woman in the group, and maybe Carole is smart - but she seems as spiritually stunted as the worst of them, and comes off as shallow and empty. 

On edit, maybe that was a bit harsh :/

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 2

Ok.  I don't have a problem with Carole complimenting her rear or her breasts.  They're both are great.  And yeah, her breasts maybe considered small by some, but they looked great in those paintings.  And her tush, maybe it's not huge or 'in' by some today's standards, it's hot.  Mileage may vary.  I'd rather have her tush than a 'Kardashian' tush any day of the week.  But that's just me.

• Love 7

I just don't see Carole as someone who is relying on praise about her looks. Not at all. She seems very comfortable in her own skin, her own clothes, her own apartment, her own relationship, and she doesn't seem to give two shits about what others think of her, or any of the other stuff. I loved at her b-day party when she was proud to be turning 50 and spoke of how sad she thought it was that others thought it not something to celebrate. You go girl.

Exactly. She is doing her thing and seems happy and confident in who she is.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, nexxie said:

I was looking forward to having a more intellectual woman in the group, and maybe Carole is smart - but she seems as spiritually stunted as the worst of them, and comes off as shallow and empty. 

Exactly. 

Carole also seems quite intellectual to me. "Et tu, broo-tie" notwithstanding (lol. I cringe any time Dorinda says that), Dorinda seems pretty intellectual. I'm just not sure (1) how that's expected to sustain a Real Housewives franchise and (2) how it's meant to even be incorporated on the show. (I mean, are the women meant to film in the stacks of the New York Public Library? Meant to film a dinner with Noam Chomsky? Christiane Amanpour?)

I'm also curious about how "intellectual" shows up as an action. Is there only one way to be intellectual? You can't drink or have fun because you read The Important Books? No ribald humor because Intellectuals (capital "I") are staid and only want to talk about operas or symphonies or debate whether Jonathan Franzen is a douche*...though I suppose an "intellectual" would forego use of the word "douche" altogether?

*My vote is for yes.

• Love 6

Carole often sounds like she's bragging to me, not enjoying/paying herself a compliment. 

She does come off as boasting and it's not a good look, especially when - as mentioned - she does it at the expense of dissing others. Personally, I don't think Carole is insecure as much as she just has a big ego that needs to be stroked, even if she has to do it herself.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, jaync said:

She does come off as boasting and it's not a good look, especially when - as mentioned - she does it at the expense of dissing others. Personally, I don't think Carole is insecure as much as she just has a big ego that needs to be stroked, even if she has to do it herself.

Maybe my memory is off, but was Carole the one to originally label her ass as "great"? I could have it slightly wrong, but I thought it was Sonja who made the comment, followed by "no wonder George Clooney did her". Then it became a thing. Folks were talking about her great ass. Over here, we talked about her great ass. Folks on the Bravo blogs talked about her great ass. We talked and wondered about Clooney, though she didn't sit around talking about it. She might have answered a question or two, but she was hardly running around bragging. So then the next season she talked about her great ass in her tagline. Because it had kind of been decided that this is indeed what she had. I certainly didn't see a situation where Carole was running around desperately trying to convince the world her ass was great to appease her giant ego. But going along with running commentary. 

• Love 11
21 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

But she did brag about her boobs and say they were better than the other women's. Very rude and bitchy..aka typical Carole

Clearly, it's just a preference on female empowerment. Personally, I would love to imagine the world if more 53 year old women were able to say "I have great boobs and I love them. I think they are perfect". Especially 53 year old women who had their own, natural boobs. Or loved their ass. Or their legs. Or their hair. And they were not afraid to be able to say that they loved something about themselves. Instead we live in a world where women lament every perceived flaw. Measure themselves against impossible standards and feel "less than" because of them. I don't want people running up to me in the street to tell me how great whatever they have is. Or starting every conversation with it. Or reminding me about it constantly. But I would love to know they think it and aren't afraid to say it out loud for fear of what society might think of it. Because women should keep quiet about being proud of themselves. 

I would kill to hear my beautiful daughter, who struggles so much with her weight (and always has) and feels badly about herself in every conceivable way, tell me just one time that she loves any one thing about herself. That anything she has is perfect. Or the best in the world. That she believes she has the best smile. Or the best skin. Or the best hair (she does have the best of all of those things). I would cry tears of happiness if just once she would say any of those things, and hope that someday she can be confident and strong enough to do just that. 

• Love 11

Saying you like yourself is one thing. Saying you are/look better than others is another. Completely different. This is what Carole does. 

Carole states opinions as facts. It's not a fact that she has the best boobs, it's merely an opinion. And she cuts the other women down as she brags on herself and sells them out. Do we know for a fact that all of their breasts are enhanced or was it just a push up bra? And if they were fake breasts who is Carole to out them? Isn't that personal business that if Carole is privy to she should be keeping her mouth shut about? She is not women empowering or a "girl's girl". 

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 6
On 8/8/2017 at 1:19 PM, Ki-in said:

Looks are subjective, a great ass in the '70's-'90's would be considered a flat pancake butt where a great ass these days would have been considered a lard ass back then. People, like Carole, who troll for compliments or toot their own horn seem insecure and desperate for attention/validation. imho

Carole needs some Coco advice for when she decides to hit the Forever 21 shops.

f644bd89ec48d55dcd1ac3f1495929b8--older-

And for when she decides mosquito netting and gym clothes are on trend

trendy-is-the-last-stage-before-tacky-ka

I'm not inclined to pay attention to anything from Coco Chanel or Karl Lagerfeld. Chanel was an anti-smite, Nazi sympathizer, and Nazi spy. Lagerfeld is notoriously misogynistic with a history of saying shitty things to and about women.

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

Saying you like yourself is one thing. Saying you are/look better than others is another. Completely different. This is what Carole does. 

Carole states opinions as facts. It's not a fact that she has the best boobs, it's merely an opinion. And she cuts the other women down as she brags on herself and sells them out. Do we know for a fact that all of their breasts are enhanced or was it just a push up bra? And if they were fake breasts who is Carole to out them? Isn't that personal business that if Carole is privy to she should be keeping her mouth shut about? She is not women empowering or a "girl's girl". 

That is the way these things work. It is all opinion. When George Clooney was deemed the Sexiest Man Alive by People way back in the day, it wasn't a verifiable fact that this was the case. When they name the 50 most beautiful people in the world, this hasn't been confirmed as the truth. I doubt that Carole believed she was stating a fact that had been backed up by science.  I think she was saying that it is a fact that she believes she has the best boobs of the group. 

• Love 7

I'm just not sure (1) how that's expected to sustain a Real Housewives franchise and (2) how it's meant to even be incorporated on the show

I suppose we could have scenes of them debating the merits of Chaucer vs Shakespeare's best works as visionary allegories for modern society right after they've watched documentaries about the sociological impact the Cold War has had on industrial nations via the modern military industrial complex, because that's what people want from this show?

Carole states opinions as facts

Well, then she would fit in perfectly here...

Saying you like yourself is one thing. Saying you are/look better than others is another.

I guess mileage varies on that...

Because women should keep quiet about being proud of themselves. 

While you're keeping silent, get back in the kitchen and fix me a sammich. ;)

• Love 7
2 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Maybe my memory is off, but was Carole the one to originally label her ass as "great"? I could have it slightly wrong, but I thought it was Sonja who made the comment, followed by "no wonder George Clooney did her". Then it became a thing. Folks were talking about her great ass. Over here, we talked about her great ass. Folks on the Bravo blogs talked about her great ass. We talked and wondered about Clooney, though she didn't sit around talking about it. She might have answered a question or two, but she was hardly running around bragging. So then the next season she talked about her great ass in her tagline. Because it had kind of been decided that this is indeed what she had. I certainly didn't see a situation where Carole was running around desperately trying to convince the world her ass was great to appease her giant ego.

I think you are correct about how it started.  The only place I see her running around desperately trying to convince her ass is great to appease her giant ego is on social media. 

57 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Well, then she would fit in perfectly here...

Now why you gotta be like that, BBHN? 

• Love 1

I'm grateful there are rules against that type of "keeping it real".  Or else this board would just become a bunch of insults hurled at each other. 

Why are our opinions so hurtful that you're stooping to insults?  No matter what you think about some of us, we still hate Carole. Shrug.

• Love 3

I'm sorry if you saw that as an insult, since it wasn't. Just stating my opinion.

Why are our opinions so hurtful that you're stooping to insults?

Way harsh, Tai.

Also, who said they were hurtful? Also, who said they were insults?

we still hate Carole

I hadn't noticed.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 7
On 8/8/2017 at 1:03 PM, ryebread said:

Perhaps.  I know she likes to wear statement shirts, "You had me at Merlot", "TROUBLE", "Happy", "Loved", "Wanderer".  Things she wants us to know.

And then there are her statement pillow cases.  One side says "Sleep", the other side, "Fuck".  So there are things she wants us to know and things I'd rather NOT know. Hee.

I apologize if this offends anyone.  I LOATHE, as in LOATHE with every fiber of my being, shirts that say stuff.  I'm not sure why.  Maybe its the Hot Stuff shirt I got as a 3rd grader from my Aunt that thought it was funny.  I was too young for THAT message but I even hated words on shirts then.  I generally do like her style though.  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Ki-in said:

But she did brag about her boobs and say they were better than the other women's. Very rude and bitchy..aka typical Carole

She was right about having the best boobs.  The other women can't compete.  They would have to compete on who had the best surgeon.  

3 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I apologize if this offends anyone.  I LOATHE, as in LOATHE with every fiber of my being, shirts that say stuff.  I'm not sure why.  Maybe its the Hot Stuff shirt I got as a 3rd grader from my Aunt that thought it was funny.  I was too young for THAT message but I even hated words on shirts then.  I generally do like her style though.  

I actually like other people wearing T-shirts with writing or comments or statements on them.  Keeps people watching interesting.  I don't wear them myself but applaud people who have the courage to wear some of ones I've seen.  

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Lemons said:

She was right about having the best boobs.  The other women can't compete.  They would have to compete on who had the best surgeon.  

Did Lu have hers 'done'?  They look pretty natural to me. 

And even if they aren't, it's possible to have excellent breasts with implants.  Not that you would know it from these HWs.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, BBHN said:

Kudos to her! May we all be that happy at that age.

Right??!!  I think her life looks pretty good.  Do whatever you want with little to no responsibility.  That is how I view my retirement!  I do think she basically is retired.  She has this gig as a mad money maker and gets to take good trips on someone else's dime, write off all her clothing as a work expense, hang out with friends, etc.  She may not have the most $ or the drive of the other women but that tells me she has nothing to prove to anyone and is pretty darned satisfied.

• Love 7
Just now, ryebread said:

Did Lu have hers 'done'?  They look pretty natural to me. 

And even if they aren't, it's possible to have excellent breasts with implants.  Not that you would know it from these HWs.

Luanne had hers done.  I think hers are matronly looking but they go with her body type.  I'm not sure about Tinsley, so maybe Carole does have competition.  Yes, you have definitely have excellent breasts with implants but it's with the help of a surgeon so it's not fair for them to compete with natural ones.  I can't believe I'm writing this. 

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Lemons said:

I actually like other people wearing T-shirts with writing or comments or statements on them.  Keeps people watching interesting.  I don't wear them myself but applaud people who have the courage to wear some of ones I've seen.  

I think I am kinda weird about the shirts with words.  Its  like my hatred/fear of mayonnaise.  Makes no sense at all.  But I am keeping it real ;).  HA!

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

LOL. I had a kindergartner that showed up to class in a tee shirt that said, "Player" on the front.  Really, mom and dad?  He's 5.

I bought one in 10th grade that said, "Brown Sugar".  I am an olive skinned brunette that loves the Rolling Stones so somehow I thought it was appropriate.  My dad educated me real quick on the stupidity of that particular shirt and it was the last statement tee I've ever owned. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Natalie68 said:

I think I am kinda weird about the shirts with words.  Its  like my hatred/fear of mayonnaise.  Makes no sense at all.  But I am keeping it real ;).  HA!

I hate mayonnaise too.  I don't fear it however.  I also hate ketchup and mustard.   

• Love 2
Just now, ryebread said:

LOL. I had a kindergartner that showed up to class in a tee shirt that said, "Player" on the front.  Really, mom and dad?  He's 5.

I bought one in 10th grade that said, "Brown Sugar".  I am an olive skinned brunette that loves the Rolling Stones so somehow I thought it was appropriate.  My dad educated me real quick on the stupidity of that particular shirt and it was the last statement tee I've ever owned. 

This made me laugh!  I am not sure how old you are but in the 70's these types of shirts were everywhere.  AWFUL!  My Hot Stuff shirts was ALMOST as bad as the Donny Osmond shirt my grammy got me about the same age.  I never wore it without a jacket over it.  I was WAY too embarrassed.  Was not a fan of DO.  These family members of mine really tried to make me look fashionably challenged.  

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, ryebread said:

I'm grateful there are rules against that type of "keeping it real".  Or else this board would just become a bunch of insults hurled at each other. 

Why are our opinions so hurtful that you're stooping to insults?  No matter what you think about some of us, we still hate Carole. Shrug.

But is it an insult to just point out the obvious - that for the most part the forums are fun because folks are posting their opinions about whatever the gals are doing. Most of us don't have any facts. We have opinions. So yes, it is just a fact that the gals on the show, who also tend to give their opinions, would fit right in among us. Just like the gals that are good at snark would fit in. And the gals that are judgmental would fit in. Those are the things we are all really good at (and I am not judging because I am as opinionated, snarky, and judgmental as any you will find) and some of them are as well. 

• Love 7