Type keyword(s) to search

Carole Radziwill: She's a Real Princess!

• Start Topic

Yes, I, also, understand when Carol is joking or making an attempt at joking. I feel tinges of surprise when comments are...She said...and I'm thinking--"Okay, but she's joking". I do believe that she thinks she is funny(ier) when that may not be the case. And, at times, some of Carol's jokes are a bit passive-aggressive.

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 7

Count me in on the "But she was clearly joking" train of thought.  Truthfully I find Carole's sense of humor much more in line with mine than I do any of the other housewives.  There tends to be a thread of meanness in most of the others' jokes, IMO at least.  Not that Carole hasn't been catty a time or two, but I find it happens more often in some of the others.

• Love 4

I am also pondering the need to specify that vegan is "plant-based". Heck, if there is a "steak-based" form of veganism I am all for calling myself a vegan, it's so cool!! Has Carole ever indicated she is a vegan? Sounds like she is just following his habits, something I really dislike in a supposedly self-confident person.

Following his habits -- such smoking because your young boyfriend does? Yeah, that one gets a big UGH from me. I want to like her but things like that remind me I just can't.

I get Carole's jokes, it's just that I think only 5% of them are funny.

• Love 4

Following his habits -- such smoking because your young boyfriend does? Yeah, that one gets a big UGH from me. I want to like her but things like that remind me I just can't.

I get Carole's jokes, it's just that I think only 5% of them are funny.

She told Aviva last season or the one before that she smoked cigarettes, it has nothing to do with Adam. Also, we now know that LuAnn smokes as well but she tries to hide that fact from viewers, Carole never tried to hide it.

I finally - FINALLY - realized who Carole reminds me of.....Irene Forsyte from The Forsyte Saga (miniseries version)!

They both have a muted-aquiline quality -- aesthetically speaking. They're both committed hipsters (Irene was TOTALLY a Victorian hipster!); And even though Irene's first husband didn't die, her first real love died -- just like Carole. All the mens swoon over Irene; and, like her or not, let's not pretend that Carole lacks for male attention.

And they both walk in a sort of humble arrogance, which is probably what makes them exceedingly attractive to men. That coupled with their waif-like figures, which some men find irresistible.

Carole and Irene are like....like....grunge versions of the manic pixie dream girl prototype -- different centuries, of course.

• Love 2
She told Aviva last season or the one before that she smoked cigarettes, it has nothing to do with Adam.

Not to mention, it'​s not for sure that Adam even smokes cigarettes. (That looks like a joint, to me.)

• Love 1

We poke fun at Sonja and Doris for their gobbledygook all the time.  If this isn't nonsense, I don't know what is. "It's like global warming."

(The little girl voice coming out of this accomplished woman's mouth saddens me deeply.) 

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season/episode-516/videos?clip=19238725

I don't know, IMO, it is an act. Her comment about the studio suing her when she was a "sitting duck" is a prime example of her acting. She played a game with the studio, she knew full well she did not have the money she claimed she did before she signed the contract. I don't think Sonja loved her ex like Ramona claimed but loved his money and status more than him. JMO

• Love 2

I don't know, IMO, it is an act. Her comment about the studio suing her when she was a "sitting duck" is a prime example of her acting. She played a game with the studio, she knew full well she did not have the money she claimed she did before she signed the contract. I don't think Sonja loved her ex like Ramona claimed but loved his money and status more than him. JMO

I think the wrong video loaded, WW.  It's supposed to be the one of Carole and her pink cigarettes.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season/episode-516/videos?clip=19238718

I think the wrong video loaded, WW.  It's supposed to be the one of Carole and her pink cigarettes.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season/episode-516/videos?clip=19238718

Yes, they were very different videos. LOL I thought Carole was joking around with Aviva but Aviva did not realize it was a joke. Aviva over reacted while she clutched her blouse as if someone was trying to snatch it away! LOL

We poke fun at Sonja and Doris for their gobbledygook all the time. If this isn't nonsense, I don't know what is. "It's like global warming."

(The little girl voice coming out of this accomplished woman's mouth saddens me deeply.)

Ryebread...Carole is sickening here...how awful, after her husband suffered from cancer. Telling the audience, especially children that might be watching that pink cigarettes are OK. Shame on her acting like such a dope. Maybe she's promoting these cigarettes for someone she knows. I think she included a pic and link to their site somewhere. No excuse Carole for pimping pink cigarettes as safe. I don't know what to make of her anymore. She's not level headed or on something that clouds her judgement!?! :(

By the way Carole knows she's on a TV show promoting smoking...find a healthy habit stupid! Carole was NOT joking IMO. These ladies must be called out equally.

Edited by talula
  • Love 1

Ryebread...Carole is sickening here...how awful, after her husband suffered from cancer. Telling the audience, especially children that might be watching that pink cigarettes are OK. Shame on her acting like such a dope. Maybe she's promoting these cigarettes for someone she knows. I think she included a pic and link to their site somewhere. No excuse Carole for pimping pink cigarettes as safe. I don't know what to make of her anymore. She's not level headed or on something that clouds her judgement!?! :(

By the way Carole knows she's on a TV show promoting smoking...find a healthy habit stupid! Carole was NOT joking IMO. These ladies must be called out equally.

I'm pretty sure she was joking about them being safe. I think it's fine to think that it's not a funny joke. I think it's fine to call it out as a particularly tasteless joke in light of the fact that her husband died from cancer. I think she's an occasional smoker and there are a lot of people out there who are (President Obama and half of Hollywood) and she, Carole, thought it would be funny to make a really bad dumb joke. It was clearly a joke. I'm not saying don't call her out. Just call her out on her bad dumb irresponsible joke.

• Love 6

I'm pretty sure she was joking about them being safe. I think it's fine to think that it's not a funny joke. I think it's fine to call it out as a particularly tasteless joke in light of the fact that her husband died from cancer. I think she's an occasional smoker and there are a lot of people out there who are (President Obama and half of Hollywood) and she, Carole, thought it would be funny to make a really bad dumb joke. It was clearly a joke. I'm not saying don't call her out. Just call her out on her bad dumb irresponsible joke.

First, thank you Ryebread for bringing this Bravo video to our attention:

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season/episode-516/videos?clip=19238725

TV has influence and Carole is aware of this. She has even worked as a TV reporter. As a 50-year old woman I expect more of her then saying her pink cutesy cigarettes are safe and actually promoting them. I realize LuAnn and Adam both smoke but they don't promote them and bring them out on national TV and continue talking about harmless smoking.

Carole enjoys going on-line and researching info about for instance Ramona's date Peter for the Dorinda's B-Day party upstate. Oh she discovered gossip which gave her great joy. Well a person with half a brain could go on-line and find out a possible link between smoking and cancer. This is something she might care about especially given the bully pulpit RHONY has given her. But no some think it's just her way of showing her humorous side.

Judge for yourself...I see a wasted opportunity to educate with truth instead of joking around with lies...maybe saving a few lives along the way.

I am not in the medical field and have no knowledge about the validity of this info:

Prostate Cancer is Worse in Men Who Smoke

http://urology.jhu.edu/newsletter/prostate_cancer612.php

Edited by talula
  • Love 1

I wished they had frozen TWoP. I'm curious as to what my posts were about the pink cigarettes. I'll admit that I was neutral about the new women and I didn't like and still don't Carole's tendency to Carrie Bradshaw. I'm just curious about what I posted then. I do think that Carole's pink cigarette nonsense is farcically stupid.

• Love 3

She put this on her Twitter feed 2 weeks ago.  Check her hashtags.

https://instagram.com/p/5fI-oUDQU8/?taken-by=caroleradziwill

If Carole had lost Anthony to a house fire, would her humor, if she were making jokes about playing with matches, be funny?  What if he died in a bicycle accident in NYC, would she have the smarts NOT to put up the idiotic pictures of her on the handlebars?  Questionable.

I fully expect to be called out on that analogy but I'm just questioning her judgment, folks.  She so often is called the most sensible, down to earth, funny, compassionate, likeable HW.  I think she's a dumbass and is on a journey to Sonja's Delusionland. She's halfway there.

• Love 3

If Carole had lost Anthony to a house fire, would her humor, if she were making jokes about playing with matches, be funny?  What if he died in a bicycle accident in NYC, would she have the smarts NOT to put up the idiotic pictures of her on the handlebars?  Questionable.

I fully expect to be called out on that analogy but I'm just questioning her judgment, folks.  She so often is called the most sensible, down to earth, funny, compassionate, likeable HW.  I think she's a dumbass and is on a journey to Sonja's Delusionland. She's halfway there.

I work on health policy. My office used to be papered in terrible old ads of kids smoking and babies drinking coca cola. It's a bit of gallows humor. I don't think that Carole is in a similar situation that individuals would know that her sense of humor is wry and dry and would know to discard her offensive jokes. I feel like she needs to stop tweeting because if her purpose was ironic, she clearly failed.

• Love 4

I don't remember reading any post here that describes Carole as the "most sensible, down to earth, funny, compassionate, likeable HW". LOL Yes, people like her, yes, people get her odd sense of humor, yes, people get that she doesn't take herself too seriously but not to the degree you have stated. Was the tweet questionable, maybe, but then again, I don't take everything she says/does/tweets seriously, at least any more seriously than I do other odd ball tweets by any other HW and they all make them. LOL

• Love 5

Well, the internets were swooning over her compassionate letter to Bravo viewers after the urn episode. The letter she was magically allowed to write after not blogging all season because she was put in the Time Out chair by her publisher.

By our votes, she is the most favorite, least wanted to go of the season.

So why does everybody like her so much if not for her compassion, humor and sensibility? It can't be only because she rides on the handlebars of a bike in NYC traffic and only smokes the pink ones.

• Love 2

Well, the internets were swooning over her compassionate letter to Bravo viewers after the urn episode. The letter she was magically allowed to write after not blogging all season because she was put in the Time Out chair by her publisher.

So why does everybody like her so much if not for her compassion, humor and sensibility? It can't be only because she rides on the handlebars of a bike in NYC traffic and only smokes the pink ones.

I can only speak for myself, but I like her because she has experienced overwhelming grief and loss and was able to get through it gracefully and come out on the other side to rebuild a fabulous second act for herself. Which is why the letter she wrote after the trip to retrieve Anthony's ashes was swooned over....because grief and loss is such a shitty place to be and anyone who has been there can appreciate the sentiments Carole expressed. It was a nice change of pace from the usual HW crap.

I think personally, if I had not read What Remains, I wouldn't have the same opinion of her. It evens puts her handlebar riding in a different perspective to me. Carole has experienced so much pain and grief and loss in her life, if riding on her boyfriends handlebars bring her joy, I say get it Carole! She earned it.

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 11

Which is why the letter she wrote after the trip to retrieve Anthony's ashes was swooned over....because grief and loss is such a shitty place to be and anyone who has been there can appreciate the sentiments Carole expressed. It was a nice change of pace from the usual HW crap.

I agree that is was a nice change of pace.  But I couldn't swoon because I knew that she had left out an important fact - that she had already spread the ashes, or some of the ashes in the ocean.  She left that out in the book, interviews and in the episode.  Maybe it's because she's earned my side eye in 10,000 other different ways but I find that very disingenuous. I felt a little used after reading her letter because she chose to omit that fact. Or lied altogether about there being ANY ashes in that urn.  Or something.  We'll never know.

From her book:

I follow the pallbearers down the aisle and sit silently in the pew at the front of the church.

We scatter Anthony's ashes from the beach into the ocean in front of his mother's house.  I stay for two days and then go home.

From a People Magazine article she did in 2005:

Three days later he checked into New York Presbyterian Hospital, where he died within hours. The following Friday, loved ones met at dusk on an East Hampton beach and, as others had done so recently for his best friend John, cast Radziwill's ashes into the sea.

• Love 1

There's this too! I admire how Carole has rebuilt her life on her terms. Rebuilding didn't necessarily mean snagging a new husband and popping out babies.

People snark on her "Sex and the City" nonsense but I love it because Carole is living for Carole. She cannot help it if people want to throw their own inadequacies and/or issues on her, and quite frankly I don't think she cares.

I am in no position to judge anyone for their SATC references (as evidenced by my screen name), but I think it's funny that Carole gets called out for this while Kristen is literally recreating herself as Carrie Bradshaw http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/kristen-taekman-takes-on-carrie-bradshaw-sex-and-the-city-iconic-look

I feel like Carole lives like a single, carefree woman in her thirties because she spent her actual thirties/forties living a life that most people don't experience until their fifties/sixties. Most people (generally speaking) experience the protracted illness and death of a spouse and loved ones much later in life. Carole's life has kind of been a flip of what we experience as typical, which is, IMO, why she doesn't 'act her age' as a typical woman in her fifties.

• Love 7

I think personally, if I had not read What Remains, I wouldn't have the same opinion of her. It evens puts her handlebar riding in a different perspective to me. Carole has experienced so much pain and grief and loss in her life, if riding on her boyfriends handlebars bring her joy, I say get it Carole! She earned it.

I haven't read What Remains and I love her.  I know enough about her history from the little she has talked about it on the show to know that she has experienced great loss in her life.  She has handled it with much more class and dignity than I think I would.  Her carefree laissez-faire way of life I think is a direct response to the tragedies she has experienced in losing her best friends in a sudden and tragic death and then her husband to cancer.  She understands better than most that life is short and the best way to live it is to live it to it's fullest.  If that means riding on the handlebars of her 30 year old boyfriend, good for her!  I admire her for her approach to life.

• Love 6

I am in no position to judge anyone for their SATC references (as evidenced by my screen name), but I think it's funny that Carole gets called out for this while Kristen is literally recreating herself as Carrie Bradshaw http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/kristen-taekman-takes-on-carrie-bradshaw-sex-and-the-city-iconic-look

Ohfercryinoutloud, shoegal.  Why'd ya hafta bring that to my attention?  There are only so many hours in my day. LOL

I agree that is was a nice change of pace. But I couldn't swoon because I knew that she had left out an important fact - that she had already spread the ashes, or some of the ashes in the ocean. She left that out in the book, interviews and in the episode. Maybe it's because she's earned my side eye in 10,000 other different ways but I find that very disingenuous. I felt a little used after reading her letter because she chose to omit that fact. Or lied altogether about there being ANY ashes in that urn. Or something. We'll never know.

From her book:

From a People Magazine article she did in 2005:

Having experience with the ashes of a loved one, I can say that it's not uncommon to split up some of the ashes between locations, even family members. I don't doubt that Anthony's ashes are in the urn, perhaps they decided to scatter some at sea with his mothers side of the family (the death of John surely being the catalyst for this) and some were taken to be with his father/family at the church.

Do you think the priest/church went along with a fake story for the Real Housewives?

ETA: Carole addresses this on Twitter, the ashes were split and there were two ceremonies:

Bonnie Ryan on Twitter: "@CaroleRadziwill In your book you said that Anthony's ashes were scatter in the ocean? Were the ashes split between the ocean and the urn?"

Carole's response: "Yes we had two ceremonies. He grew up in London."

I guess we do know.

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 5

I'll try to stop bagging on Carole because I understand she has fans and I'm not out to change anyone's mind.  But I admit I feel mildly irked that she's viewed in such glowing terms when I believe in my soul, man, that she's as loony as Sonja and as snakey as Luann.  And she makes me sad because she once had an amazing career that, maybe she'll have again, but for now all I see is regression, denial and occasionally baby talk. 

It will be interesting to see her without Heather next season.  Because we have seen Heather stop Carole mid-sentence and now I wonder if that's not so much Heather being bossy but Heather trying to protect her friend because she knows Carole.  And some of the stuff that comes out of her mouth....

Carole Unplugged next season might be fun.

• Love 6

Do you think the priest/church went along with a fake story for the Real Housewives?

I don't know.  Even the church didn't look like a church. ;-)  

I'd look up the priest's credentials but Carole called him Father Damien, Bravo called him Father Darius.  Maybe his real name is David: Screen Actors Guild Member since 1977.

Like I said earlier in some other thread, nothing is sacred in HWland.

• Love 2

I'll try to stop bagging on Carole because I understand she has fans and I'm not out to change anyone's mind.  But I admit I feel mildly irked that she's viewed in such glowing terms when I believe in my soul, man, that she's as loony as Sonja and as snakey as Luann.  And she makes me sad because she once had an amazing career that, maybe she'll have again, but for now all I see is regression, denial and occasionally baby talk. 

It will be interesting to see her without Heather next season.  Because we have seen Heather stop Carole mid-sentence and now I wonder if that's not so much Heather being bossy but Heather trying to protect her friend because she knows Carole.  And some of the stuff that comes out of her mouth....

I'm an "on the fence" Carole fan and so agree with this.

• Love 2

I'd look up the priest's credentials but Carole called him Father Damien, Bravo called him Father Darius.  Maybe his real name is David: Screen Actors Guild Member since 1977.

While I tend to agree that nothing is sacred in HW land, I think that in this case, Anthony is sacred to Carole. I can't imagine that she faked a trip to a fake church to pick up fake ashes. It seems more likely to me that she either got the Fathers name wrong, or there is more than one Father involved. Either way, I believe there is an explanation other than it was faked.

I appreciated that Carole allowed this to be filmed, although I might not have made the same choice. I'm sure she understood that it opened her up to criticism and scrutiny, but I'm glad she did it. Loss is a part of life that people tend to want to bury and ignore and push out of view, I appreciate that Carole is willing to expose it.

• Love 6

Having experience with the ashes of a loved one, I can say that it's not uncommon to split up some of the ashes between locations, even family members. I don't doubt that Anthony's ashes are in the urn, perhaps they decided to scatter some at sea with his mothers side of the family (the death of John surely being the catalyst for this) and some were taken to be with his father/family at the church.

ETA: Carole addresses this on Twitter, the ashes were split and there were two ceremonies:

Bonnie Ryan on Twitter: "@CaroleRadziwill In your book you said that Anthony's ashes were scatter in the ocean? Were the ashes split between the ocean and the urn?"

Carole's response: "Yes we had two ceremonies. He grew up in London."

I guess we do know.

Cool.  I still don't understand why she omitted this information, verbally and in writing, for the past 15 years. And why she only told us after the storyline and after someone asked.

• Love 2

Here's a highly one-sided and emotional article about Fawley Court, where the chapel that once housed the Radziwill remains was located.

http://www.rogalinski.com.pl/fawley-court-campaign-for-your-freedom-and-ours/

And another:

http://www.fawleycourt.info/index.php?l=1

I've read What Remains recently. I've always enjoyed Carole and her fey wit but reading her book was a searing experience. I can imagine what it was like to live through. If she coped by keeping most people at arms length and deflecting with lightness or silliness, I get it.

• Love 6

Cool.  I still don't understand why she omitted this information, verbally and in writing, for the past 15 years. And why she only told us after the storyline and after someone asked.

I don't think she omitted it. Those are Anthony's ashes, the ashes that were scattered are gone. Should she refernce the urn from now on as 'half of Anthony's ashes, missing the part of his ashes that we scattered at sea'? I believe there was a considerable amount of time between when the ashes were scattered and when Carole took the remaining ashes to London, around a year between the two. Based on my personal experience with traveling ashes, none of this seems weird or suspect to me.

• Love 8

Here's a highly one-sided and emotional article about Fawley Court, where the chapel that once housed the Radziwill remains was located. http://www.rogalinski.com.pl/fawley-court-campaign-for-your-freedom-and-ours/

And another:http://www.fawleycourt.info/index.php?l=1

I've read What Remains recently. I've always enjoyed Carole and her fey wit but reading her book was a searing experience. I can imagine what it was like to live through. If she coped by keeping most people at arms length and deflecting with lightness or silliness, I get it.

Carole should investigate this issue and write her next book about it especially since it involves the founding of the church/school by her father-in -law. I found this interesting if not confusing:

Meanwhile, further criminal offences were reported to take place at Fawley Court. Thames Valley Police were informed in 2010 of missing funds collected for the Apostolate Building (never erected), the removal and illegal disposal of some of the museum’s artefacts and the illegal removal of urns from St Anne’s Church, conducted without licence. The requests for an investigation were stonewalled, with the British police and Ministry of Justice stating: ‚no crime was committed’.

Contrary to the Marian Fathers assertions that all exhumations were conducted in accordance with appropriate rites, during the criminal trial in High Wycombe Magistrate Court, in October 2012, Ms Hersham’s bodyguard, Mr Eric Sekwalor, charged with racially assaulting Polish protesters on Whitsun in 2011, admitted being asked by the priests to remove the urns with human remains from St Anne’s Church. This was done without the exhumation licence, which makes it a criminal offence. Mr Sekwalor, when asked for his current occupation, stated he had been supervising the trade of the assault rifles, AK47s, in the South Pacific.

Edited by talula

I am curious about this, because her main friend will be Bethenny? The times I've liked Carole have been when she's with Heather, I really enjoy their friendship. Carole and B, I don't like so much.  It'll be interesting. 

• Love 3

Meh. I believe in my soul that Carole shouldn't be held to some arbitrary standards of what a widow should do (long) after the death of her spouse. If she's OK with gallows humor about cancer--being the widow of a spouse who passed on from cancer--then that's how she deals. 

Tig Notaro talks about her own cancer and recovery in her stand-up. However she (and Carole) chooses to work through these heavy issues is what makes sense for her.

• Love 8

Where are Prince Stanislaw Radziwill's remains? Answer: the eldest son John Radziwill would be responsible for his father's remains.

John Radziwiłł, the son of prince Stanisław Radziwiłł has filed a lawsuit in the District Court in Warsaw against the Polish Province of the Marian Fathers for breach of trust. In the lawsuit, he contends that the Marian Fathers have betrayed the will of prince Stanisław Radziwiłł, the founder of the Church of the Blessed Virgin Mary and St Ann at Fawley Court, through the deconsecration of the church and are forcing him to remove the remains of his father from the crypt in which he rests...

From the second link:

http://www.fawleycourt.info/index.php?l=1

Father Jarzebowski died in 1964, being considered a saint, and received a state funeral attended by thousands including heads of state and church. He chose his own spot at Fawley Court for his grave. The Polish Community claim Father Jarzebowski as their public figure and wish to protect the permanence of his grave, next to which Prince Stanislaw Radziwill erected a church and was himself buried in its crypt. Prince Radziwill was married to the sister of Jacquline Kennedy , Caroline Lee Bouvier.Their son Antony was buried in the crypt of st. Ann Church at Fawley Court along side of his father. Prince John Radziwill older son of prince Stanislaw Radziwill has opposed the application made by Marian Fathers to exhume his father and MoJ refused to issue a licence. Matters relating to the sale of Fawley Court were recently widely reported in the press because of a £5 mil court dispute between the buyer Aida Hersham and the winner of the tender Richard Butler-Creagh.

Edited by talula

Meh. I believe in my soul that Carole shouldn't be held to some arbitrary standards of what a widow should do (long) after the death of her spouse. If she's OK with gallows humor about cancer--being the widow of a spouse who passed on from cancer--then that's how she deals.

Tig Notaro talks about her own cancer and recovery in her stand-up. However she (and Carole) chooses to work through these heavy issues is what makes sense for her.

Saying smoking cigarettes is not harmful when breathed through your lungs because her cigarettes are pink is not working through an issue...it's asinine. Giving Carole excuses for spreading lies about the harmful effects of smoking is like enabling an addict. She and Kim Richards formerly of RHOBH should get along fabulously. Edited by talula
  • Love 3

Where are Prince Stanislaw Radziwill's remains? Answer: the eldest son John Radziwill would be responsible for his father's remains. John Radziwiłł, the son of prince Stanisław Radziwiłł has filed a lawsuit in the District Court in Warsaw against the Polish Province of the Marian Fathers for breach of trust. In the lawsuit, he contends that the Marian Fathers have betrayed the will of prince Stanisław Radziwiłł, the founder of the Church of the Blessed Virgin Mary and St Ann at Fawley Court, through the deconsecration of the church and are forcing him to remove the remains of his father from the crypt in which he rests...

From the second link:http://www.fawleycourt.info/index.php?l=1Father Jarzebowski died in 1964, being considered a saint, and received a state funeral attended by thousands including heads of state and church. He chose his own spot at Fawley Court for his grave. The Polish Community claim Father Jarzebowski as their public figure and wish to protect the permanence of his grave, next to which Prince Stanislaw Radziwill erected a church and was himself buried in its crypt. Prince Radziwill was married to the sister of Jacquline Kennedy , Caroline Lee Bouvier.Their son Antony was buried in the crypt of st. Ann Church at Fawley Court along side of his father. Prince John Radziwill older son of prince Stanislaw Radziwill has opposed the application made by Marian Fathers to exhume his father and MoJ refused to issue a licence. Matters relating to the sale of Fawley Court were recently widely reported in the press because of a £5 mil court dispute between the buyer Aida Hersham and the winner of the tender Richard Butler-Creagh.

Great find! So, according to the lawsuit filed by Anthony's step brother, Anthony's ashes were in fact in the crypt at the church with his father.

ETA: holy crap, this is a crazy twisted story! I agree with Bethenny and others that Carole needs to write about this! From an article about the selling of the church: http://www.nowyczas.co.uk/news.php?id=992

The St Anne’s burial ground, Fawley Court, according to Thames Valley Police, should contain the remains of nine deceased; Prince Stanislaw Albrecht Radziwill, (his son) Prince Antoni Radziwill, Father Jozef Jarzembowski, Jerzy Grabalowski, Piotr Kaminski, Henryk Franciszek Lemanski, Henryk Jan Lipinski, Aniela Wiktoria du Puget Puszet and her husband baron Edward du Puget Puszet.

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 2

Saying smoking cigarettes is not harmful when breathed through your lungs because her cigarettes are pink is not working through an issue...it's asinine. Giving Carole excuses for spreading lies about the harmful effects of smoking is like enabling an addict. She and Kim Richards formerly of RHOBH should get along fabulously.

But you actually don't get to decide for someone else what it means to work through or how that person should work through an experience.

Carole made the comment about pink cigarettes then grinned afterward (which said to me that she was being facetious. For some folks, like Aviva, they took her seriously). Carole later posted a picture of the cigarettes container, which has a very clear Surgeon General's warning on it. That's Carole's humor. If she's OK with it then oh well.

Like, if in 2013 (or whatever year that scene with Aviva was filmed) someone believes that cigarettes aren't harmful (despite Surgeon General's warnings for the past four decades) because Carole Radziwill grinned and said that cigarettes wrapped in pink paper makes the contents less harmful...well...then...yeah. 

ETA: Because I mentioned Tig Notaro in the previous post. Here she is on Conan O'Brien.

https://youtu.be/WwFiFJn-v5w?t=2m56s

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 9

Great find! So, according to the lawsuit filed by Anthony's step brother, Anthony's ashes were in fact in the crypt at the church with his father.

You can thank STINKOGINGO for bringing this info to us. The original post is above. Yes John Radziwell filled a law suit to try to keep his father's remains at the church. I guess the lawsuit failed because the huge estate and church were sold. Of course Carole had the responsibility of picking up her husband's ashes.

Edited by talula
  • Love 1

But you actually don't get to decide for someone else what it means to work through or how that person should work through an experience.

Carole made the comment about pink cigarettes then grinned afterward (which said to me that she was being facetious. For some folks, like Aviva, they took her seriously). Carole later posted a picture of the cigarettes container, which has a very clear Surgeon General's warning on it. That's Carole's humor. If she's OK with it then oh well.

Like, if in 2013 (or whatever year that scene with Aviva was filmed) someone believes that cigarettes aren't harmful (despite Surgeon General's warnings for the past four decades) because Carole Radziwill grinned and said that cigarettes wrapped in pink paper makes the contents less harmful...well...then...yeah.

ETA: Because I mentioned Tig Notaro in the previous post. Here she is on Conan O'Brien.

https://youtu.be/WwFiFJn-v5w?t=2m56s

Yes Carole made her decision about the issue on TV and in the social media. It will resonate with some as funny and others as shameful. I don't find the object of her humor very funny and I get to decide that.

By the way I enjoy Tig's humor. She's a terrific comedian...Carole not so much. I don't see the comparison at all.

Edited by talula
  • Love 1

The comparison is simply about people being bothered that Carole dared to joke about smoking (because cancer) since her husband passed away from cancer. Because cancer is serious and you shouldn't joke (not even tangentially) about it, full stop. So, I mentioned Tig Notaro who had serious cancer and uses that fact in her own stand up. That's all. I think the comparison is apt. 

• Love 3

I've always thought that taking the high road didn't necessarily accomplish much, and there is a good example of that this season.

This is why I feel the way I do about the so-called high road and expecting people to take it. I don't know what is so gracious or wonderful about not speaking up for yourself in the face of someone being an ass to you. It's like, "Oh, look how great that person is for taking such verbal assault." Excuse me?

motorcitymom, I had to revisit this because I had a nice thought about Carole this afternoon for a change.  I know people disagree with me about taking the high road and what it accomplishes.  I've tried to explain before but I'm going to use what Lu said the other night as an example.

On Carole's twitter this a.m., fans were telling her she should have spit on Lu.  Or slapped her.  Carole said she could have thrown her drink on Lu but she didn't. Imo, she took the high road by not doing any of the above.  Did she look weak for doing so?  Absolutely not.  Lu looked like the evil bitch that she is and Carole looked stunned yet remained composed.  It appears she's got the full support of cast and Andy and the viewers.  Including me and several who generally aren't fans.

Had she started spewing about Lu's sluttiness or grabbed her face or thrown a drink, a portion of the viewers would have something negative to say about that in addition to what Luann said.(Hi!)  Imo, Carole reacted exactly as she should've and let Luann's rotten core be exposed.  There will always be the ones that think Carole should have spit or slapped or called her a slut or gone BSC but that would only make Carole look bad. Again, imo.  She came out of this smelling like a rose.  Ain't nobody got nothing they can say about her behavior after Luann's onslaught. 

Do people who didn't like her before give her a bunch of props for this? Is she suddenly more popular because she has just taken this beating?

It probably doesn't matter to you but I do. 

• Love 4

I don't remember reading any post here that describes Carole as the "most sensible, down to earth, funny, compassionate, likeable HW". LOL Yes, people like her, yes, people get her odd sense of humor, yes, people get that she doesn't take herself too seriously but not to the degree you have stated. Was the tweet questionable, maybe, but then again, I don't take everything she says/does/tweets seriously, at least any more seriously than I do other odd ball tweets by any other HW and they all make them. LOL

People get Brandi's sense of humor as well and it doesn't make Brandi or Carole any more likable or funny.  Just because I understand the joke doesn't make it funny.  Cigarette thing not funny not for any particularly nefarious reason just not humorous,

• Love 3

She is liked more in comparison to the other HWs, like Ramona, Sonja and LuAnn, which have set the bar pretty low IMO. LOL

Most RC Church's have more than 1 Priest, especially those in large cities. She wrote of speaking with Father Damien on the phone arranging picking up Anthony's Urn and when she went to the church itself, she met and spoke to Father Darius in person. 

People get Brandi's sense of humor as well and it doesn't make Brandi or Carole any more likable or funny.  Just because I understand the joke doesn't make it funny.  Cigarette thing not funny not for any particularly nefarious reason just not humorous,

Brandi's humor by and large is aimed at someone else to cause pain and embarrassment, not so much with Carole.

• Love 3

Karma...Carole's righteous indignation talking about Sonja in a TH! Now she's reaping what she sowed in 2014, lol!

tumblr_makcma7EMn1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

carole-radziwill-rhony-i-didnt-know-whet

In door #2, who was the Princess referring to here? Oh yeah Sonja again. I'd say RUDE!

200_s.gif

Behind Door # 3, there Carole goes again this time it's LuAnn she's talking about...oh my!

oOKK5.gif

Edited by talula
  • Love 4

Why didn't Carole just grab the Countess by the face during the finale . . . and then call Alex, Jacques, the naked Scotsman, and every trick Lu's picked up to tell them, "your ex/former wife/one-time slam piece is not a good person"?

• Love 3
But I admit I feel mildly irked that she's viewed in such glowing terms when I believe in my soul, man, that she's as loony as Sonja and as snakey as Luann.

LOL​, why be irked that strangers on the internet have a differing opinion on a reality tv show star? Ease your soul, man...it ain't serious business.

Carole later posted a picture of the cigarettes container, which has a very clear Surgeon General's warning on it.

And, the warning was only directed at pregnant women, anyway. So puff them pinkies, Radzi!

• Love 1

LOL​, why be irked that strangers on the internet have a differing opinion on a reality tv show star? Ease your soul, man...it ain't serious business.

Of course you're right, jacny!  Thank you for always taking the time to read and comment on my posts and bringing me back down to earth. Because I know there isn't anyone besides me that gets irked here.  Bahahahaha

But seriously, I'm glad many of us have differing opinions - else we'd all be sitting here agreeing, drinking our SkinnyGirls, ordering our Yummies and lighting candles to our Patron Saint of Handlebars and Blowies. I'd hate to see this become a fan site.  Like Kardashianpedia or the ones set up for the Beliebers.  'Twould be a sad day, indeed.  I like that we all can have civil discourse.  Most everyone is real nice about it.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 7