Type keyword(s) to search

Arrow Stars in Other Roles

• Start Topic

Lexa Doig is currently also in a show called The Arrangement where she plays Michael Vartan's wife.  I tried it out for the two of them and they're good but the show is mostly about a super star guy who arranges a marriage with a struggling actress and the younger couple with the promo'd Sex! Scandal! turned out to be totally snooze-worthy.

For the trope, I much prefer geneeste and MachaSWicket's Our Version of Events.

• Love 1

Bex Taylor-Klaus' time on MTV's Scream looks to be over.  From Deadline:

The upcoming 6-episode third season of MTV’s series Scream will be hitting the reset button. I hear that the network and producing company, Dimension TV, are looking to reboot the show, based on the hit teen movie franchise, with a new storyline and new cast.

I hear the cast of the series had been quietly given permission to take other jobs, and star Willa Fitzgerald just booked a series regular role on the Fox pilot Behind Enemy Lines in first position.

6 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Lexa Doig is currently also in a show called The Arrangement where she plays Michael Vartan's wife.  I tried it out for the two of them and they're good but the show is mostly about a super star guy who arranges a marriage with a struggling actress and the younger couple with the promo'd Sex! Scandal! turned out to be totally snooze-worthy.

For the trope, I much prefer geneeste and MachaSWicket's Our Version of Events.

Isn't that the show that's totally about Scientology and Tom Cruise's arranged marriages, but everyone involved in the show is pretending it isn't because Scientology likes to sue people?

I kinda wanna watch it, but I might wait for a full season to binge. Because crazy cults fascinate me.

• Love 3

It may be better binged.  Michael Vartan is suitably creepy as the cult leader but there's too little of the cult and too much of the young actress in gorgeous dresses, getting teary-eyed when she sees his latest film at the Venice film festival and gets photographed, getting jealous as her arranged boyfriend gets his picture taken with his ex, the shock as a scandalous video of her surfaces at a party they're having.... too little cult and too much CW from what I saw before I changed the channel.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

Sounds like joking to me.

I don't watch Chicago Med, but the local station that runs it puts together promos that focus on CD's character roughly 70% of the time. Does it reflect the scope of his role on the show?

His character is a fan favorite but not a show-runner favorite so I personally feel that he gets too little time on the show.  Maybe 15%.

ETA:  At first I thought the Lestat idea was silly.  But then I started wondering why  would SA put on that wig and post the picture ....

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

This isn't the first time Anne mentions him for Lestat, and every time she has SA has been very positive about it. So at this point, I'm scared. I love Lestat and both time he's been in live action have been awful. SA is not who I'd want for the role. ?

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 3

I work in a hospital, so it takes a special show to make me break my no hospital shows on my free time. But I loved CD, so I tuned in - but there just wasn't enough of him to sustain me. Glad for him the show is doing well.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, kismet said:

I work in a hospital, so it takes a special show to make me break my no hospital shows on my free time. But I loved CD, so I tuned in - but there just wasn't enough of him to sustain me. Glad for him the show is doing well.

Kismet does the medical mumbo jumbo annoy you? Do they get it right or wrong?

I have no idea so I just accept whatever dialogue but if you know how things are supposed to be I imagine it would be annoying?

The Flash’s Grant Gustin Draws ‘The Last Full Measure’
by Mike Fleming Jr  March 28, 2017 5:06pm
http://deadline.com/2017/03/the-flash-grant-gustin-the-last-full-measure-william-pitsenbarger-1202054385/

EXCLUSIVE: Foresight Unlimited has set The Flash star Grant Gustin to join The Last Full Measure, the political drama that Todd Robinson will direct from his script. Shooting on the film begins this weekend in Atlanta and Costa Rica. Gustin will play actual Medal of Honor recipient William Pitsenbarger, a special forces Para-rescue Jumper who is pivotal to the plot. He joins Sebastian Stan, Christopher Plummer, William Hurt, Samuel L. Jackson, Bradley Whitford, Michael Imperioli and Linus Roache.

Stan plays the lead role of a young Pentagon investigator Scott Huffman as he battles the political machine in Washington. He reluctantly teams with veterans of Operation Abilene to convince Congress to award the Medal of Honor to a courageous Air Force medic, Pitsenbarger (Gustin), who is seen saving the lives of over 60 Marines ambushed in one of the bloodiest battles of the Vietnam War. As the battle waged on, and after the last helicopter left, the soldier kept saving lives until he lost his own.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I was channel flipping and came across Kacey Rohl in a pretty bad one season sitcom called Working The Engels with Andrea Martin and Azura Skye.  I'd seen the show before but didn't know Kacey Rohl was in it.

Hee!  I was just crazy for Annie when I was a kid.  Listened to the score of the play over and over.  (Pre-movie)  This was hilarious.  Only complaint, Colton skipped the bald cap.  Boo.  

• Love 1
(edited)

Exclusive: Prison Break’s child star Christian Michael Cooper on acting, superheroes and Season 5
4th April 2017 by Ian Cullen
http://www.monstersandcritics.com/smallscreen/exclusive-prison-breaks-child-star-christian-michael-cooper-on-acting-superheroes-and-season-5/

M&C: One of your many roles had you acting alongside the likes of Josh Dallas, Emily Bett Rickards and Tom Cavanagh from Arrow and The Flash in the award-winning Sidekick? What were they like to work with and, for those not in the know, what was Sidekick about?
CMC: They were just amazing to work with. They’re so down to earth and really make you comfortable working with them.

The story of Sidekick is about a family and the dad gets diagnosed with cancer.

He doesn’t know how to tell his kids. So he uses a bedtime story with superheroes, and he had us all as the heroes of the story.

So dad was Captain Strong and I was the sidekick Shockwave and we had to rescue the princess.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
(edited)

SQUEEE!!!!!!!

Watching the second season of Blue Bloods with the parents while recuperating and OMGEEEEE!!!!??????

It's Mayor Diggle!!!! Yep, David Ramsey played Mayor of NYC in the second season, and a much more competent one than Oliver Queen!??

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

SQUEEE!!!!!!!

Watching the second season of Blue Bloods with the parents while recuperating and OMGEEEEE!!!!??????

It's Mayor Diggle!!!! Yep, David Ramsey played Mayor of NYC in the second season, and a much more competent one than Oliver Queen!??

DR is the reason I started watching.  I love his later seasons when his biceps are about bursting out of his suit coat. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

DR is the reason I started watching.  I love his later seasons when his biceps are about bursting out of his suit coat. 

I normally don't do this, but what did you think of that video?? Did you seeee how his gaze lingerrrrrred?????

(edited)
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I normally don't do this, but what did you think of that video?? Did you seeee how his gaze lingerrrrrred?????

Oops, didn't see the video you sent me.  I didn't get the alert.  :(  See it now!

Edited by BkWurm1

Sorry but that promo looks like a bad parody of an MTV show. It definitely reminded me of the Hills intro.

I have no idea whether the film is good or not, for EBR's sake I hope it get distribution, she generally has good taste, so fingers crossed. But I also hope it gets a better promo, because I can't imagine that bringing the masses into theaters.

• Love 2

Watch the full length reveal trailer for Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II from Star Wars Celebration.

Live the untold Star Wars story of Iden, an elite Stormtrooper, in an original single-player story. Battle on land and in space in an expanded multiplayer experience with iconic heroes and villains, thrilling space battles, and a deep progression and customization system.

Release Date: November 17, 2017

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/04/15/star-wars-battlefront-2-release-date-first-story-details-revealed

While the full cast of Battlefront II wasn't revealed, EA confirmed on-stage that Janina Gavankar (True Blood, Halo 5) will play Iden Versio, and Paul Blackthorne (Arrow) was briefly shown in a behind-the-scenes video, though his specific role is currently unknown.

https://www.ausgamers.com/features/read/3573143

The protagonist’s name is Iden Versio and her voice/likeness/mocap is provided by American actress Janina Gavankar of True Blood, The League, and Sleepy Hollow fame. I also spotted Paul Blackthorne (Quentin Lance in Arrow) as another potential member of Iden’s Inferno Squad. Motive, it seems, has taken a leaf out of ahead-of-its-time sci-fi space drama Space: Above and Beyond, and created a type of Imperial soldier that is both ace pilot and gun soldier. 

Edited by tv echo

Peter Jackson's 'Mortal Engines' Adds Trio (Exclusive)
APRIL 20, 2017 11:16am PT by Borys Kit
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/peter-jacksons-mortal-engines-adds-trio-995887

Game of Thrones actor Patrick Malahide, Arrow actor Colin Salmon and Rege-Jean Page (Roots) have joined the cast of Mortal Engines, the Peter Jackson-produced adaptation of the YA book series by Philip Reeve.
The plot centers on a teen named Tom Natsworthy who, along with a young woman from a territory known as the Outlands, uncovers a mystery that could change the world order.

I didn't realize that David Ramsey was still on Blue Bloods.

Blue Bloods (Season finale): Mayor Poole (guest star David Ramsey)

Spoiler

confides in Frank that he has unexpected plans.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/5/2017 at 10:25 PM, Sunshine said:

He's not anymore. He told Frank he's resigning.

Just watched Blue Bloods.  His resignation made no sense. If they were going to write him off, why a vague reason like...what?  He didn't feel very hopeful? The show had him win the election this season.  Why do that if they were just going to get rid of his character?  Nice to know crappy writing abounds everywhere.  

Edited by BkWurm1
9 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Just watched Blue Bloods.  His resignation made no sense. If they were going to write him off, why a vague reason like...what?  He didn't feel very hopeful? The show had him win the election this season.  Why do that if they were just going to get rid of his character?  Nice to know crappy writing abounds everywhere.  

Yeah. Seemed like a strange way to go.  I wondered if maybe they want a mayor for Frank to have more skirmishes with and David's availability is limited.  A couple of weeks ago there was an episode where some strange little man was acting as a go between for the mayor and Frank.  It was silly which made me think they wanted to use the mayor but David was unavailable.  

(edited)
1 hour ago, Sunshine said:

Yeah. Seemed like a strange way to go.  I wondered if maybe they want a mayor for Frank to have more skirmishes with and David's availability is limited.  A couple of weeks ago there was an episode where some strange little man was acting as a go between for the mayor and Frank.  It was silly which made me think they wanted to use the mayor but David was unavailable.  

Could be, but the only way they could lock an actor down is if they added them as a regular, otherwise they'd be taking the same gamble on availability, right?  

DR is the reason I started watching the show.  I'll miss seeing him in suits that are too short at the wrists because they are all bunched up over his muscles.  His guns kept getting bigger but his wardrobe didn't, lol. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1
(edited)
13 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

His guns kept getting bigger but his wardrobe didn't, lol. 

I don't see the problem? ??

Diggle vs Clothes are my favorite action sequences. ?

#shallow#objectificationiswrong#buttanktops

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 3

I'm sad for Janina G losing the role but I think Sleepy Hollow had run out of steam.  (Also I am upset that Rosewood was cancelled since I think it's a better show.)

18 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Chicago Med was renewed. 

I love that they used CD's photo. Is he the "lead"?

He's not the lead but he's one of the most popular characters.  Good for him for getting a third season on the show.

I really like that they've had Patti Murin, CD's wife, as a recurring character this year. Sadly she's only there to stall the OTP because she made Will Halstead more likable than when he is with Manning so she'll probably not be back next season, especially as she's been cast as Anna on Frozen heading to Broadyway.

5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I'm sad for Janina G losing the role but I think Sleepy Hollow had run out of steam.  (Also I am upset that Rosewood was cancelled since I think it's a better show.)

He's not the lead but he's one of the most popular characters.  Good for him for getting a third season on the show.

I really like that they've had Patti Murin, CD's wife, as a recurring character this year. Sadly she's only there to stall the OTP because she made Will Halstead more likable than when he is with Manning so she'll probably not be back next season, especially as she's been cast as Anna on Frozen heading to Broadyway.

Good for CD but that bad for the chances of Tommy flashbacks/dreams/ect.  At this point I probably also need to put the past in the past and stop wanting another visit from Tommy.  

• Love 2