Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

^^Yeah *all* that plus the right/wrong. Affairs bother me. But I accept them on soaps. This one is off for all the reasons you mention.

But also we watched Jack beaten and starved because he would not disavow his love for Phyllis. WATCHED IT. We watched him swallow $500-million for Phyllis. Saw him forgive Billy for the billionth time after Coma week.

He loves Phyllis. He loves Billy. This is driven home constantly. He's a good man. He has done nothing to deserve this from either. Even haters would agree. 

And he has asked both straight up about their relationship. They LIE to his face and make him feel guilty for questioning their fidelity. They attack him for not supporting THEM.

Morality is part of storytelling. That's why the audience balked at Victor and why it was such a fail. People will not cheer for the villain unless you can write a Breaking Bad type of show and even then it's complex. In any case, that ain't soaps.

In terms of characterization and storytelling it's terrible. It's like watching a puppy get kicked. There is no emotional satisfaction.

Its a Pratt stunt - equivalent to the Newman fire. And it is a vehicle to push FOJ's. I think it is what finally got JFP and Pratt fired.

It has to play out. It's the sweeps story and they can't rewrite this fast.

I'll just ride it out.

• Love 11

They attack him for not supporting THEM.

And that's the other thing. Philly having the audacity to behave like victims and act like Jack is the bad one. It's so warped, especially on Billy's end. And even though Phyllis has had lines about Jack being a good man, she's still treating him like she's been dating him for two weeks and Billy is her real love. It's all just so unbelievably hollow.

• Love 5

I think after reading this board, and it taking over three hours to get home from work due to the metro being down, I will pass on watching tonight. I just can't. I'm emotionally exhausted.

Instead, I will watch episodes 7 and 8 of "Game of Thrones."

Fuck you Pratt, Jill, Phyllis and Billy. May you all rot in hell.

• Love 9

LOL  so, there was no accident, sharon was dreaming about herb haunting her when mariah came in and said she had to call 911...then she woke up and dylan was there.  she had been talking in her sleep so she just said she had been dreaming about herb.

7 minutes ago, miamama said:

Has there ever been a regime that used dreams/fake outs for previews/promos more than this one? FFS.

Seriously. However......I woke up delusional today because I was annoyed about the Phyllis/Jack one, but then I realized it means Jack will probs find out about the affair on his own or from someone other than Philly and I got excited. Ooh, and what if he finds out and acts like he doesn't know to fuck with them? I got excited again.

• Love 4

^^lol. I love you HeatLifer

I try to "take away" from their choices as well and am positive Jack will not be "told" by Phyllis or Billy in a remotely compassionate way. Although now that they have reached the lowest depths of any cesspool there could be no compassion coming from them in any form.

So he'll see them or it will be outed in public. I'm hoping public so everyone can express their many levels of disgust AT THE SAME TIME. If he fucks with them, that could be good because PB would sell it so magnificently. However, it would be a tough one to buy because I think he would be so completely wrecked by this betrayal that he wouldn't be able to hide it. And you'd think since they had Phyllis do it with Kelly and Jack, they might shy away. And Neil did it too. But it would be a great way to re-introduce BADASS JACK ABBOTT to canvas. My favourite Winters scenes post-Dru were when Neil outed the cheaters on the airplane, clutching the Briefcase of Doom. Peter would of course not present it at all comically (as KSJ unintentionally did). But it would be riveting soap.

Saw a spoiler

Spoiler

that someone crashes Philly's weekend getaway. Could it be Jack? I'm thinking the fake out means it won't be Jack. It's a bit too close to the "fake reveal" and sweeps are just around the corner. Makes no sense that they won't wait until at least the eve of sweeps to have the reveal to Jack. So then someone else (Luca? Bethany?) catching them means Jack likely won't.

Would love it if Luca has a slideshow or giant puzzle (a la Katherine) or GC Buzz-worthy video or pics. Poor Jack will be humiliated either way but the former Restless Style scumbag cheaters would be publicly outed. 

Mostly I want it to be soon. If they drag it through sweeps we will have to watch the same whispering stupid ass conversation and Jack play an idiot even longer. 

#JackIsAlmostFree

• Love 5

Philly being outed in public would make for a delicious reaction from several characters, so I'm down for that, too.

A part of me would also like Jack to initially have no reaction at all; kind of like he's not surprised, like he expected it. Philly don't deserve for him to have a breakdown over them. They deserve to realize they're not even worth it.

• Love 5

^^Yes, I have a fantasy of Jack just walking away from them without a word -- especially since Billy is so sure he will abuse wee Phyllis. lol. But at the same time I want them to face the pain they have caused. If he's cool and moves on without a care, they'll be absolved. And I'm not having any of that. I want him to be ruthless and cold with his revenge (he needs to destroy Billy's livelihood, somehow push Esther or Devon to fight for that house; throw Phyllis out of the invisible Abbott house and Jabot etc.) but he needs to let rip and spell out exactly how disgusting they have been and how deeply they have hurt him, since apparently they don't give a shit. 

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, miamama said:

^^Yes, I have a fantasy of Jack just walking away from them without a word -- especially since Billy is so sure he will abuse wee Phyllis. lol. But at the same time I want them to face the pain they have caused. If he's cool and moves on without a care, they'll be absolved. And I'm not having any of that. I want him to be ruthless and cold with his revenge (he needs to destroy Billy's livelihood, somehow push Esther or Devon to fight for that house; throw Phyllis out of the invisible Abbott house and Jabot etc.) but he needs to let rip and spell out exactly how disgusting they have been and how deeply they have hurt him, since apparently they don't give a shit. 

All this is good, too. There are so many options. I guess the only way I don't want this to go is Jack has this severe meltdown and starts drinking and Phyllis has to leave her "true love" Billy to take care of Jack out of her guilt. I'm not interested in another round of poor, torn apart lovers. Jack needs to be the strong one (in a sense) in the aftermath who leaves their asses shocked.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

All this is good, too. There are so many options. I guess the only way I don't want this to go is Jack has this severe meltdown and starts drinking and Phyllis has to leave her "true love" Billy to take care of Jack out of her guilt. I'm not interested in another round of poor, torn apart lovers. Jack needs to be the strong one (in a sense) in the aftermath who leaves their asses shocked.

That is a horrifying scenario. However, this buildup of good loving Jack vs disgusting pig Phyllis has to be so Jack throws her out on her ASS (she may "choose" Billy but Jack will have the pleasure of ending the marriage since she's a coward). I just don't see him wanting to touch her, even if he still "loves" her. That fake out reaction was a clue. Jack will pull out every shitty thing she's done to him. And even with Phick he dumped her. He didn't beg for her. 

As well the HiJack bed is being prepped. Hilary is all over him. The Hevon marriage is fizzling. They even mentioned HiJack's Valentine's Day kiss of two years ago. Jack is all "I'm a happily married man" and back then he was in love with comatose Phyllis. So if his loyalty to Phyllis is the only reason he has not moved onto this hot young woman....and why not? He won't give a crap about "love" any more after he learns how deeply he was betrayed. So he'll have fun and find comfort in Hilary, not giving a shit that she's using him for "social standing."

I do think he will succumb to his addiction. I think that was the point of the Foundation, frankly. But I'm hoping only so that he can be a complete asshole to everyone but his bae Hilary, lol. And I miss Jack with a drink.

I truly don't know where they go with Philly in the longer term. But my guess is they'll play with a bunch of pairings for awhile. Phyllis will be pissed about Hilary and Jack. Billy will be pissed about this Travis guy and Victoria.

If MY is smart he'll just see what chemistry exists and what doesn't and go from there. The best and most just scenario would be Philly realize they were in lust, totally be disgusted with each other and become pariahs (alone and apart). They can then pine for Jack/Victoria respectively and are back burned for months and months and months.

My biggest fear would be Jack has a stroke or something when he finds out -- like they used to do with John. And so the whole story is Philly pain/guilt while Jack is unconscious. That would be the end for me. But with all this set up for HiJack. I don't see that. Plus JFP is gone. 

• Love 6

My biggest fear would be Jack has a stroke or something when he finds out -- like they used to do with John. And so the whole story is Philly pain/guilt while Jack is unconscious.

Jack is practically unconscious right now, so yes, him literally being unconscious would be a cop-out. I'm just tired of this being about Philly, in general. Like, if I have to watch ONE more scene where Jack is talking to Billy and Billy is either insulting him to his face or sneakily talking about Phyllis, I swear. :/ It's truly disgusting. I don't even remember the last time I watched a story like this and the CHEATER has the balls to behave like this and is NOT seen as nasty. It's time for the story arc to change. It's time for Jack to have his side of the story heard.

• Love 5

If--if--Jack is going to have any sort of meltdown, and I hope that's not the case, I want him to do two things first:

1. When he finally finds out (probably by overhearing about or seeing Billy and Phyllis together), he does indeed take miamama's advice and just walks off.
  2. He then goes home and pulls a Gloria with Phyllis--she gets home and her clothes are in a bunch of garbage bags on the front steps.  This, and only this, is where he gets to go completely the fuck off on her for everything--and I mean everything.  Give me this much, show, and I may actually be okay with anything you do after that.
  • Love 11
51 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Jack is practically unconscious right now, so yes, him literally being unconscious would be a cop-out. I'm just tired of this being about Philly, in general. Like, if I have to watch ONE more scene where Jack is talking to Billy and Billy is either insulting him to his face or sneakily talking about Phyllis, I swear. :/ It's truly disgusting. I don't even remember the last time I watched a story like this and the CHEATER has the balls to behave like this and is NOT seen as nasty. It's time for the story arc to change. It's time for Jack to have his side of the story heard.

EXACTLY! That's why Jack being "unconscious"  - literally - would be my breaking point with show. It has all been their perspective. Jack was shafted with the Marco story and if it happens again...

Since GT and JT are not EB, one would hope Jack will get his time and his moral victory. But he had better get screen time and material to play.

• Love 5

wtf is up with Sharon Case and her fucking bug eyes.. she looks like she has been popping pills again.

Jack needs to be the strong one (in a sense)

Jack be strong? bwhahahahah he is a ball-less wimp.

3 hours ago, crosby777 said:

wtf is up with Sharon Case and her fucking bug eyes.. she looks like she has been popping pills again.

LOL  I think she calls that acting but honestly her eyes are the only thing left on her face that can move!!!  "fill 'er up!"

And does she get her hair highlighted like every other day?!?

• Love 1
17 hours ago, miamama said:

If he's cool and moves on without a care, they'll be absolved.

I don't think it will absolve them.  I think it will just underline how trashy they both are.  Jack has class and he would not lower himself to a public display.  I heartily agree that he needs to serve up the cold revenge and destroy everything these two losers have.  Starting with: no jobs (Jabot, Passkey, Wendy's), meandering on thru relationships with family-bye bye Summer, Daniel Traci and Ashley, and ending with depletion of any and all bank accounts, trust funds, alimony, etc. and maybe calling Gil the Bookie. Then invite them to Rexx Rugs while Chlot (sic) or Drinnki/Kneel is on the road.

• Love 7

I don't think it will absolve them.  I think it will just underline how trashy they both are.

This. Especially after watching today's episode. They don't deserve to see Jack fall apart to a point where it literally and figuratively destroys him. They deserve to be treated like they treat him. Like they mean nothing.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

This. Especially after watching today's episode. They don't deserve to see Jack fall apart to a point where it literally and figuratively destroys him. They deserve to be treated like they treat him. Like they mean nothing.

Can you give me quick rundown? Hurts too much to watch.

(edited)
26 minutes ago, miamama said:

Can you give me quick rundown? Hurts too much to watch.

First Billy/Phyllis had an asinine picnic on his floor where he talked about Brash&Sassy and she giggled like a 12-year-old.

Then he kissed her and Phyllis had her obligatory "I dunno...is this worth it?...I should go....this is dirty and cheap...I should go to my husband" lines while Billy gave Romantic Gagworthy Speech #200 about how he wants to get to know her better, he wants to wake up next to her, they're in a fairytale, she's beautiful, blah, blah, blah. You know that gets Phyllis all hot and bothered.

Ashley's voice is at his door while they're making out on the couch in the previews, I believe.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, HeatLifer said:

First Billy/Phyllis had an asinine picnic on his floor where he talked about Brash&Sassy and she giggled like a 12-year-old.

Then he kissed her and Phyllis had her obligatory "I dunno...is this worth it?...I should go....this is dirty and cheap...I should go to my husband" lines while Billy gave Romantic Gagworthy Speech #200 about how he wants to get to know her better, he wants to wake up next to her, they're in a fairytale, she's beautiful, blah, blah, blah. You know that gets Phyllis all hot and bothered.

Ashley's voice is at his door while they're making out on the couch in the previews, I believe.

Thnx, man.

What a couple of vile pigs. A picnic and new love while betraying Jack. Are they serious with this??? They need to fuck off and die.

Ashley, huh. I did not see that coming. They cannot do another hide Phyllis can they?????? So Ashley will know and keep it from Jack. Nice. 

This show.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, miamama said:

Thnx, man.

What a couple of vile pigs. A picnic and new love while betraying Jack. Are they serious with this??? They need to fuck off and die.

Ashley, huh. I did not see that coming. They cannot do another hide Phyllis can they?????? So Ashley will know and keep it from Jack. Nice. 

This show.

The way they're writing Billy STILL gets me, though. He is pushing and pulling Phyllis into this like a freaking politician. She makes her own decisions, obviously, but the way Jack is irrelevant to Billy is sociopathic.

• Love 4
Just now, HeatLifer said:

The way they're writing Billy STILL gets me, though. He is pushing and pulling Phyllis into this like a freaking politician. She makes her own decisions, obviously, but the way Jack is irrelevant to Billy is sociopathic.

Yet he pushed her to TELL POOR JACK the other day, right?

lol. Whatever, show.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, miamama said:

Yet he pushed her to TELL POOR JACK the other day, right?

lol. Whatever, show.

Clearly one of the writers got out of hand and was promptly fired because minus that ONE episode where he displayed a modicum of remorse, he's been all about getting Phyllis in his bed.

• Love 6
(edited)
6 hours ago, MollyB said:

I don't think it will absolve them.  I think it will just underline how trashy they both are.  Jack has class and he would not lower himself to a public display.  I heartily agree that he needs to serve up the cold revenge and destroy everything these two losers have.  Starting with: no jobs (Jabot, Passkey, Wendy's), meandering on thru relationships with family-bye bye Summer, Daniel Traci and Ashley, and ending with depletion of any and all bank accounts, trust funds, alimony, etc. and maybe calling Gil the Bookie. Then invite them to Rexx Rugs while Chlot (sic) or Drinnki/Kneel is on the road.

My concern with Jack being IDGAF is how the show presents it. He didn't give a fuck about Victor and was the better person, but show had everyone calling him a coward and his wife using this as a reason to fuck his brother.

If the show actually wasn't a complete fucking bizarro world then yeah, Jack should walk away and not look back.

My fantasy: put some disinfectant on after Phyllis touches him one more time, have her shit thrown out in trash bags a la Gloria, sue her and Billy for unleashing Paragon 2.0 on Jabot and completely destroy Billy's life and business, which should be very easy because he's an idiot. This would involve having him removed from the Jabot board.

Also he should hire someone to prepare an expose on Phyllis and ALL her past crimes and sins -- a documentary style thing that would have interviews with the likes of Sharon and Cricket and a relative of Sasha Green and Danny and the family of Daniel's real father, perhaps Summer and Daniel could talk about their individual experiences catching their mother fucking a man who was not her husband, etc. -- as well as a book. Perhaps Leanna Love could be hired? 

Edited by miamama
so many typos
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, miamama said:

My concern with Jack being IDGAF is how the show presents it. He didn't give a fuck about Victor and was the better person, but show had everyone calling him a coward and his wife using this as a reason to fuck his brother.

If the show actually wasn't a complete fucking bizarro world then yeah, Jack should walk away and not look back.

My fantasy: put some disinfectant on after Phyllis touches him one more time, have her shit thrown out in trash bags a la Gloria, sue her and Billy for unleashing Paragon 2.0 on Jabot and completely destroy Billy's life and business, which should be very easy because he's an idiot. This would involve having him removed from the Jabot board.

Also he should hire someone to prepare an expose on Phyllis and ALL her past crimes and sins -- a documentary style thing that would have interviews with the likes of Sharon and Cricket and a relative of Sasha Green and Danny and the family of Daniel's real father, perhaps Summer and Daniel could talk about their individual experiences catching their mother fucking a man who was not her husband, etc. -- as well as a book. Perhaps Leanna Love could be hired? 

yes, like she did on adam with her "satan's understudy" expose in useless pile...

they could dress her like a kardashian on the cover like she had adam sporting devil horns.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, valleycliffe said:

yes, like she did on adam with her "satan's understudy" expose in useless pile...

they could dress her like a kardashian on the cover like she had adam sporting devil horns.

lol. I think they should morph her into a snake for the cover.  Or Komodo dragon (for peaches). 

• Love 5

So did Billy actually say to Phyllis: "I want to get to know you?" Is this actual dialogue from today?????

They have known each other for years and years. They WORKED together every day at Restless Style. They have been in each other's families for decades and the writers are giving us this garbage???

This is so silly I'm floored.

• Love 11
13 hours ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

LOL  I think she calls that acting but honestly her eyes are the only thing left on her face that can move!!!  "fill 'er up!"

And does she get her hair highlighted like every other day?!?

she was a pretty girl at one time.. but too much fillerup is not a good look for her.. and you are right.. her bug eyes are the only thing that move on her.. I would say yes to lightened every other day.. along with her extensions.

• Love 2

Right, miamama? Also how insulting is it to hear "I want to get to know you" from the guy who has been all up in your lady parts for weeks? 

Really, the only thing Billy ever needed to know about Phyllis is that she's married to his brother.

• Love 8

So upon reflection I figured Ashley won't see Phyllis, who will hide in the closet in her underwear like the piece of scum she is. Ashley will be there all a flutter about Hilary and Jack. So Phyllis can stand there hearing how a younger hotter woman is making a play for her husband. 

Sweet.

Also, Billy blew off his KID to fuck his SIL????? And people like this shit?

• Love 7
48 minutes ago, miamama said:

Also, Billy blew off his KID to fuck his SIL????? And people like this shit?

Well, mm, upon more intense reflection... What woman, wealthy, intelligent, powerful [?] wouldn't enjoy a tempting pickanick on a crappy looking rug on the floor of what seems to be the living room? What woman wouldn't swoon for supermarket strawberries as romantic foreplay? What woman wouldn't fall like over-ripe fruit for "I want to get to know you" without a shout-out to Spanky and Our Gang? What woman wouldn't swoon into the arms of her dried-up mannequin of an inamorato when he utters more deathless lines that are straight out of the Walmart Guide for Adulterous Afternoons?

Jeez, that was unwatchable. They really need to pull up short on this one and spend a little money on re-shoots, fast.

I snorfled sadly seeing a few moments of my silvery cherub, MEK, and did recognize the gusto that MM is bringing to Hilary, but the rest of it...oh, dear lord...

• Love 10

I watched like maybe two seconds of it and FFd through. It's utterly ridiculous. Phyllis LIES TO JACK and blows off a trip to BARBADOS for THIS? What are the writers trying to do? I seriously don't get it. The fact that they had an emotional affair was bad enough, that they kissed, that they fucked, that they fucked again.

But this latest shit with the two of them shown to be so callous and selfish to a loving husband and an innocent small child is WTF? Is this supposed to show how much they love each other?

I am legitimately confused. 

Neither of the situations were necessary. They could have come up with a clever way to escape "out of town" that did not involve being such utter and complete assholes. But show felt the need to throw this in.

wow.

• Love 11

Oh wait, I guess I repressed this while in the dreamy grip of the pickanick... Beware of the rant that follows.

YoudisgracethenameofBilly, while describing the gastronomic delights being purveyed as floorfood [an expression I use with the cats, as in "GirlCat, no eating floorfood!"], showed off his urbanity, his je ne sais quoi, his debonairitude, when he mentioned "Fo gras."

Ooookay, I accept the actor mebbe speaks no French. I accept he may have only seen the word "foie" once or twice in the blurb for a cooking show. I accept that most eastern Canadians like me take French from kindergarten onward, so even if we don't speak it much, we know how to pronounce words. But Show, you've got dialogue people, and some of them can pronounce, say it with me here, "FWAH." That's "fwah," as in liver--you have one inside you. Show, you're filming in LA where there are fancy restaurants, so you know this.

But that greeby little fcuk of an actor has all the polish of an old gym shoe.

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, pearlite said:

Oh wait, I guess I repressed this while in the dreamy grip of the pickanick... Beware of the rant that follows.

YoudisgracethenameofBilly, while describing the gastronomic delights being purveyed as floorfood [an expression I use with the cats, as in "GirlCat, no eating floorfood!"], showed off his urbanity, his je ne sais quoi, his debonairitude, when he mentioned "Fo gras."

Ooookay, I accept the actor mebbe speaks no French. I accept he may have only seen the word "foie" once or twice in the blurb for a cooking show. I accept that most eastern Canadians like me take French from kindergarten onward, so even if we don't speak it much, we know how to pronounce words. But Show, you've got dialogue people, and some of them can pronounce, say it with me here, "FWAH." That's "fwah," as in liver--you have one inside you. Show, you're filming in LA where there are fancy restaurants, so you know this.

But that greeby little fcuk of an actor has all the polish of an old gym shoe.

lol. Glad I FFd through that. JT makes some gross grammatical errors in his speech, as well -- and writing apparently with the "What do woman want" -- though that might have been a prop person (but didn't he catch it and fix it?).

"Floorfood" is now part of my vocabulary. ;) Thnx!!

• Love 6

Floorfood reminds me of the Friends episode where Rachel and Chandler kept stealing the neighbor lady's cheesecake and ended up dumping it on the floor, they were eating it off the floor and Joey walks up, pulls a fork out of his shirt and asks "what are we having?"

• Love 7

I'm at a loss of words with Philly at this point. I can't even appropriately discuss the ridiculousness that was today's episode. They're writing this as some comedy filled with hijinks (Billy tapes up their phones in a box! Har har!; Billy kisses Phyllis while Ashley is in the living room!). And on top of that, more fairytale and love story talk! Instead of actually showing genuine love or chemistry, this show just writes it into the script. So lazy.

And Phyllis again with her "I'm scared to get caught" POV.  These two don't give one IOTA about Jack's feelings. THIS is why I don't want a huge Jack breakdown. What's the point?

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, basiltherat said:

Is NeverBilly too cheap to spring for a room at the Cheap Motel on the Outskirts of Town?  Fie!

the no tell motel she met up with ronan (or was it deacon?) would suit them much much better.

• Love 4
Just now, HeatLifer said:

I'm at a loss of words with Philly at this point. I can't even appropriately discuss the ridiculousness that was today's episode. They're writing this as some comedy filled with hijinks (Billy tapes up their phones in a box! Har har!; Billy kisses Phyllis while Ashley is in the living room!). And on top of that, more fairytale and love story talk! Instead of actually showing genuine love or chemistry, this show just writes it into the script. So lazy.

And Phyllis again with her "I'm scared to get caught" POV.  These two don't give one IOTA about Jack's feelings. THIS is why I don't want a huge Jack breakdown. What's the point?

yeah. I'm there with you now. Let him just move on. I read recaps. Looks like Ashley will work with Phyllis and more hilarious hijinks will ensue.

Phyllis says "she can't lose Billy now" she's too far gone. It's nonsensical writing. It really and truly makes no sense. If you are so into Billy, end your marriage. Why is she not leaving Jack? She is concerned about the "family" when Billy has no fucks to give about his brother? If you are emotionally torn between the two men, show us this. Let's see more of what we saw the other day when for five minutes they both gave a shit about Jack's feelings. Not humour and "we might get caught" as the only reason for angst.

It's mind-numbing how tone deaf the writers are.

It's 100% unwatchable now. Well, I'm not watching Philly already. But if this doesn't end in a couple of weeks I need a long hiatus. It is bringing anti-pleasure to my life. lol.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, miamama said:

yeah. I'm there with you now. Let him just move on. I read recaps. Looks like Ashley will work with Phyllis and more hilarious hijinks will ensue.

Phyllis says "she can't lose Billy now" she's too far gone. It's nonsensical writing. It really and truly makes no sense. If you are so into Billy, end your marriage. Why is she not leaving Jack? She is concerned about the "family" when Billy has no fucks to give about his brother? If you are emotionally torn between the two men, show us this. Let's see more of what we saw the other day when for five minutes they both gave a shit about Jack's feelings. Not humour and "we might get caught" as the only reason for angst.

It's mind-numbing how tone deaf the writers are.

It's 100% unwatchable now. Well, I'm not watching Philly already. But if this doesn't end in a couple of weeks I need a long hiatus. It is bringing anti-pleasure to my life. lol.

If I had never watched this show until today and watched the Philly scenes, I would have no idea that Billy was sleeping with his BROTHER's wife and that Phyllis' longtime love was her HUSBAND Jack. I would have no clue. There are no torn feelings and there are no feelings that they are breaking Jack's heart. This is all about the ~Grand Philly Love Story 2016~

To have Phyllis say she's come too far to lose BILLY? It's been a few MONTHS. Shouldn't the fear be losing Jack? But, again, this is the ~Grand Philly Love Story 2016~

• Love 3

I was just at Y&R's official FB page (where older fans go to comment IMO). Show posted a link to today's U.S. -- and the Grand Philly Love Story 2016 -- and Every Single Comment expresses disgust with this stupid storyline. Not just moral outrage (there is a ton of that) but stuff like WTF is Billy acting like he just met this woman?

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, miamama said:

I was just at Y&R's official FB page (where older fans go to comment IMO). Show posted a link to today's U.S. -- and the Grand Philly Love Story 2016 -- and Every Single Comment expresses disgust with this stupid storyline. Not just moral outrage (there is a ton of that) but stuff like WTF is Billy acting like he just met this woman?

That doesn't shock me at all. Regardless of where a fan stands on likes/dislikes, I think most longtime viewers know this story makes absolutely no sense and is hitting ALL the wrong beats.

• Love 7

I watched three eps in a row today. Sober. Way too much Billy and Phyllis. The show is writing them like they have zero history together. Billy keeps talking about wanting to get to know her, etc. You're supposed to have known her for years, asshat. If I was a first time viewer, I think I could buy their lust for one another. But, as a long time viewer, none of this is making any sense to me.

Also, Sharon is getting on my nerves and I really wanted Mariah to tell Kevin. But I'm also mad that while at first Mariah was rightfully telling Sharon off for keeping the Sully secret, she now seems to want Sharon to keep said secret and even yelled at her when she almost opened up to Nick. WTF, Mariah. You're supposed to be the sane one!

• Love 10

The show is writing them like they have zero history together.

Wait! So maybe Billy doesn't know she's Jack's wife!? ;)

I just can't with it all. They're so forced and cheesy on top of making no sense.

• Love 10