Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E08: The Solution to Everything

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Severide lands in grave danger when Firehouse 51 battles a risky structure fire; Casey lends another helping hand to Naomi, the investigative reporter; Herrmann, Mouch, Otis and Cruz search for a tantalizing memento from Boden's past.

Firehouse 51 is called in to take on a dangerous structure fire, which puts everyone at risk; Severide ends up making a big personal realization; Casey offers to provide more assistance for Naomi, who is an investigative reporter.

• Love 1

According to IMDb, Chloe (played by Kristin Gutoskie) will be in the next 2 episodes. Hopefully, this relationship really will go somewhere for Cruz instead of quickly disappearing and he pines for Brett again. The reports were she did sign on to be a recurring character this season. And I'm hoping Matt gets over Gabby and takes the leap with Naomi. 

• Love 7
18 hours ago, WinJet0819 said:

According to IMDb, Chloe (played by Kristin Gutoskie) will be in the next 2 episodes. Hopefully, this relationship really will go somewhere for Cruz instead of quickly disappearing and he pines for Brett again. The reports were she did sign on to be a recurring character this season. And I'm hoping Matt gets over Gabby and takes the leap with Naomi. 

It would be great to see Cruz have a regular GF even if she isnt on screen every episode. Dont want to see him pine for Brett ever again. That's old and done with. Speaking of which, Casey needs to move on, divorce Dawson and change his life with a new lady who will give him the family he so wishes for, whether that is Naomi or someone else. Dawson dumped him so he needs to reciprocate. Dont know if the show is up to this though as they are still pining for Gabby to come back to the show. Let's hope she doesn't. Even Monica has said that her leaving the show presents the writers with the chance to give 'her friend Jesse' fresh new story lines so let's see if they listen to her cos so far they havent listened to the fans and Casey is just getting pushed into the background so far this season. Sad.

• Love 3

Divorce papers have been signed. Celebration at Molly's for a week!

That was obnoxious of Kidd to tell Matt to basically don't give her orders (sleep or no sleep). Good for Matt to point out what she did in the high rise fire.

Cruz came through. I didn't think Kelly would be able to walk after having a chimney fall on him.

A man has a dart stuck in his head and asks is it that bad. Is it fire department's  job to handle crowd control or the police?

The Kelly/Foster/Kidd story was ambiguous. Was Kelly making a move on Foster or just being genuine with his grief? Did Foster pick up wrong signals from Kelly and pointed him to Kidd's direction? Kidd thinks they were sharing grief/nothing more but acted weird to Foster in the locker room (is she hiding jealously). Why was Kelly pushing Kidd away?

What was the point of the toy Matt step on?

I hope Naomi doesn't die.

Mouch! How long have you been old?

Keep digging. You'll find that calendar.

• Love 4
On 11/11/2018 at 6:59 PM, WinJet0819 said:

I fully expect Brett to declare her love for Cruz as soon as he and Chloe get really serious. I honestly think Brett and Cruz are endgame unfortunately.

4 hours ago, mxc90 said:

What was the point of the toy Matt step on?

Maybe a chew toy for the dog?   If there's a problem, Tuesday can stay with me.

I thought the same thing about the aid call to the bar.  If Kidd had gone to the hospital for the jaw injury, paperwork and billing would have occurred.  Then someone (Gorsch! Dun dun dun) would ask "How did she get injured?  Why was the truck requested instead of PD?"

Ever since Hermann got on Engine, water has been flowing.  It's too bad that most of the fire was on the second floor.  If only they had a fire apparatus with a ladder on it....

I'm glad they gave Boden the line about the two of them going to dinner.  I was looking at her and thinking, that's a bit over dressed for lounging around. 

Was that a cool picture of the basketball team, or what?  "Mouch, how long have you been old?"

• Love 5
6 hours ago, doLLish said:

I fully expect Brett to declare her love for Cruz as soon as he and Chloe get really serious. I honestly think Brett and Cruz are endgame unfortunately.

Don't dismiss Brett and Casey might happen. Those drunk eyes were telling. 

5 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

If only they had a fire apparatus with a ladder on it....

If only. The chief probably forgot where it was parked.

25 minutes ago, Xantar said:

So was that a picture of young Eamonn Walker?

My guess: only the head.

This is a Dick Wolf production so of course we have a profiteering corporate criminal who is going to physically harm the intrepid reporter and hero firefighter. When the fact of the matter is that these things happen because of incompetence not malice. A big corporation just pays a settlement. They don’t hurt people with shadowy thugs tailing reporters.

Just another shoddy attack on capitalism.

This show should be recalled.

• Love 1

So was that a picture of young Eamonn Walker?

Eamonn Walker is 56 years old. Assuming his character is roughly the same age he would have been 28 in that calendar photo. He didn't look that much younger than he does now - certainly not as young as 28. I'm guessing there was some Photoshopping going on.

• Love 1
On 11/12/2018 at 11:03 AM, belletane said:

It would be great to see Cruz have a regular GF even if she isnt on screen every episode. Dont want to see him pine for Brett ever again. That's old and done with. Speaking of which, Casey needs to move on, divorce Dawson and change his life with a new lady who will give him the family he so wishes for, whether that is Naomi or someone else. Dawson dumped him so he needs to reciprocate. Dont know if the show is up to this though as they are still pining for Gabby to come back to the show. Let's hope she doesn't. Even Monica has said that her leaving the show presents the writers with the chance to give 'her friend Jesse' fresh new story lines so let's see if they listen to her cos so far they havent listened to the fans and Casey is just getting pushed into the background so far this season. Sad.

Meh episode. I guess the only people who survive and walk out after getting crushed is Severide. I would have expected him to be in the hospital a few days at least. 

I like what Matt said to Kidd but this is one reason why bf/gf or husband/wife should never work the same fire house. 

Regarding the bolded text, I had wondered if maybe Monica didn't like how people acted towards her and Jesse but its nice to see that she was looking out for Jesse. 

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, Waterston Fan said:

I like what Matt said to Kidd but this is one reason why bf/gf or husband/wife should never work the same fire house. 

I guess she just went all 'Stella Kidd' on Casey...it was just a homage to Dawson wasn't it. He needed to tell her the next time she questioned his orders she could find another firehouse.

I like Kidd, but don't like her with Severide because of this type of crap and if they are going to turn her into a pathetic weeping woman because her man is in danger it's just a rehash of any already tired storyline and needs to be nipped in the bud.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Waterston Fan said:

Meh episode. I guess the only people who survive and walk out after getting crushed is Severide. I would have expected him to be in the hospital a few days at least. 

Regarding the bolded text, I had wondered if maybe Monica didn't like how people acted towards her and Jesse but its nice to see that she was looking out for Jesse. 

9 hours ago, Guildford said:

I guess she just went all 'Stella Kidd' on Casey...it was just a homage to Dawson wasn't it. He needed to tell her the next time she questioned his orders she could find another firehouse.

I like Kidd, but don't like her with Severide because of this type of crap and if they are going to turn her into a pathetic weeping woman because her man is in danger it's just a rehash of any already tired storyline and needs to be nipped in the bud.

Couldn't agree more. Kidd's reaction is the exact same symptom that we see in all the time with two people who work in the same firehouse or unit. They lose all rational thought about their job and only have tunnel vision on their loved one. Stella was really going to let Otis carry an unconscious victim alone in fire-filled home just to stay with her man? I bet you all firefighters were shaking their heads when they saw this. It's just maddening. I'm glad Casey told her, point blank, that she can't stay focused when it comes to Severide being in danger, and would make the decision again.

That's why it would be nice to see Cruz and Otis carry on their relationships with women outside of the firehouse. It means a lot of it will be kept off-screen and the drama will be to a minimum. Just look at how it's working for Boden with his wife. The Donna character hadn't been seen since last March before this episode, and Boden is still happily married.

Edit: I hate what I think they're showing in the fall finale promo. DO NOT DO THAT TO JOE!!!

Edited by WinJet0819
  • Love 7

You know what would be really interesting? A love triangle with Severide, Stella and the new girl.

Only have the new girl hit on Stella one drunken night at Molly’s and let Stella be into it because she is tired of Severides bullshit Lets see how he feels when it happens to him.

Of course Dick Wolf is too much ch of a hack to do anthing different. What a useless hack.

• Love 3

The ridiculousness of getting a high-ranking firefighter to stick his neck out for you (multiple times) aside, I just don't like Naomi. She smiles and throws herself at Casey, but IMO she wouldn't hesitate to throw him and 51 under the bus if it served her career.