Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: Naughty Monkey Kicks at Tree

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

Not a strong episode.

I must admit: that was slick mob style take out from Zapata (didn't see that coming). 3 shots in to Claudia and she was still standing as if the director forgot to tell her to fall down (she needed a little push from Audrey Esparza). 

After Scythe is arrested somewhere in the tri-state area, he is brought to the FBI office and is still fighting with Weller, Jane and another agent in the elevator. Did they take off his cuffs in the elevator? 

That was a ridiculous exchange of gun fire at the pier! Jane got over her back spasm pretty quickly.

Weller looked like he had trouble raising his leg to kick that guy on the ground.

Edited by mxc90

I wonder if Weller realizes Remi is up to no good or if he thinks she's trying to find a cure on her own. Probably the latter, he's a doofus when it comes to her. It seems like she might be softening on him, like she might not be able to kill him when the time comes. Probably helps that mind!Roman's not screaming at her to do it all the time. Why did she say she still needs Weller alive? I'm not looking forward to seeing Shepherd but if it'll move this evil!Jane thing along, fine. Also, I wonder why she cut her hair a few episodes into the season. Was the actress filming something else?

I really don't get Zapata's plot, and I don't see how she can be redeemed, unless she really is deep undercover and/or produces some incredible intel... and even then, it'll be a tough sell. It seemed like Reade had her number for a bit but her explanation about being burned also seemed plausible. I'm thinking Zapata forged some documents so she could get that crazy assassin off her back. Pretty pimp move, killing her like that, though the other actress had zero reaction to it. Poor Reade. Patterson's been really good with him these past few episodes, almost makes me want them together.

I was a little sad about Keaton but they said he's in a coma, so there's a possibility he can come back. Actually, now that I think about it, maybe that's so he can explain that Zapata was undercover for the CIA.

I enjoyed Rich in this episode, and a Rich/Weller pairing is always a good time. I wish there had been a follow-up comment on his phone call for help ("the only thing that got fired today was Ms. So and So from AAA").

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 2:52 PM, blackwing said:

Please someone else tell me that they too found themselves instantly singing "kookaburra sits in the old gum tree" upon seeing this episode's title.  If not, then I am truly old.

I guess it has something to do with whatever the season titles' puzzles is this time around.

1 hour ago, omgsowicked said:

I was a little sad about Keaton but they said he's in a coma, so there's a possibility he can come back. Actually, now that I think about it, maybe that's so he can explain that Zapata was undercover for the CIA.

I was thinking the opposite, with Keaton in a coma, there is no one that can confirm that Zapata was working undercover when it is time for her to come back.

I was thinking the EMP should have fried the electronics in the truck they were driving and the ONSTAR phone that Rich used to try to contact the FBI.

Note to Rich:  A scythe is not a sickle.  They are two completely different tools, but I did like his reference to the old Communist Party symbol, which nobody got.

How many times did they shoot Scythe on that pier?  Again, points to Rich for saying "C'mon, you've seen Cops, you know how it goes."

Too bad Rich went with the terrorist plot line to Onstar.  If he had said "I've been in a bad accident and I don't know where I am, call the police", at least Onstar would have responded.  That's what their commercials say, anyway.

ETA:  I know this was filmed sometime back, but the reference to the Northern California wildfires of last spring couldn't have come at a worse time.

Edited by Dowel Jones
5 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Too bad Rich went with the terrorist plot line to Onstar.  If he had said "I've been in a bad accident and I don't know where I am, call the police", at least Onstar would have responded.  That's what their commercials say, anyway.

Yeah, he should've made it more believable to get their attention.

Jaimie Alexander is a gorgeous woman and her make-up in this episode was spectacular. I've come to accept Jane being great with eyeliner and putting on false lashes early in the morning before she goes out there foiling terrorists and kicking ass but that golden eye shadow (which stayed on during her spinal tap) took things to a whole new level. But then evil torture lady was also not sporting subtle eye make-up. I was still trying to figure out if I like her look or not when Zapata rudely put an end to my beauty musings.

Rich I love you, but those man-sandals have to go!!!

Hmm, thoughts on make-up and wardrobe seem to be all I took from this episode. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, MissLucas said:

But then evil torture lady was also not sporting subtle eye make-up. I was still trying to figure out if I like her look or not when Zapata rudely put an end to my beauty musings.

Funny, when I saw a close up of her in the mask, my first thought was she should be wearing an "I Dream of Jeannie" costume.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, MissLucas said:

Rich I love you, but those man-sandals have to go!!!

Don't be too hard on Mr. DotCom. In order to sell his undercover ID to ultra-ecoterrorists, he couldn't be wearing anything manufactured using animal skin. Or from living trees. 

• Love 2

I've loved Rich Dot Com since the very first time he appeared on the show. He's just awesome. Love his interactions with Patterson. And with Weller, his slave. LOL

WTH is going on with Zapata? I do not like this plot line at all. Gotta say tho, killing that other woman in front of her boss was pretty bad ass.

On 11/11/2018 at 9:31 PM, Free said:

Probably to get Madeline's trust hence killing that woman in front of her as a show.

Yeah, except that she willingly went bad with Blake sometime during the summer break.  If she was really deep undercover somebody like Keaton should know about it.

Still don’t really care about her or Reade.

I didn’t like this episode much... no cool puzzles to solve.  But on the plus side, Rich was awesome as usual.  Jane was less annoying.  

On 11/11/2018 at 4:23 PM, Beatrice said:

I wouldn't mind if Weller left the show. I don't see that happening though. 

I have a lot of residual like for Sullivan Stapleton because of his fantastic portrayal of the carefree Damien Scott on “Strike Back”.  Even sat through the horrible 300 prequel.  So I don’t mind Weller.

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 11:19 PM, blackwing said:

Yeah, except that she willingly went bad with Blake sometime during the summer break.  If she was really deep undercover somebody like Keaton should know about it.

Still don’t really care about her or Reade.

It's like what Reade said, she's gone too deep in, it was a lot easier to handle Blake than Madeline.