Type keyword(s) to search

Kevin Buchanan is very sorry for this thread: Nicknames and history lessons

• Start Topic

This is where we can bring on nicknames and abbreviations.

RoHo, RH, Real Todd, Original Crispy Todd-Roger Howarth

Fodd, Victodd, Special Needs Victor- Victor Jr or the character Trevor St John played for 8 years

McBangMe, Captain Save a Hoe- John McBain

Hoes Vs Moes- the epic, never ending battle of Stacy/Kim vs Fish/Kyle

Kish- OLTL's first gay couple, awesome, but taken away by Frons

Sierra Mist- love child of Stacy/Kyle

• Love 1

Team Hater: Tea and John who were set on exposing Todd for 'killing' Victor... even though he wasn't really dead.

T&B - Todd and Blair

Rapemance/The Grossening -- Not!Todd's wooing of amnesiac Marty

Rossening (or: Getting Rossened) -- When Ross Rayburn got torched for daring not to be Todd (who actually wasn't even Todd himself) which turned into a situation where any character go thrown under the bus to make another who was definitely worse look better

The One Hat - Dorian's hat that she wore to take over BE. It was epic.

• Love 2
(edited)

Sierra Mist- love child of Stacy/Kyle

I'm sure you knew this, but Sierra Mist is actually Fish's biological daughter, although Kyle is without a doubt a father to her both in spirit and legally at this point. #showinmyhead

When I was looking up old quotes before, I had completely forgotten that Fish's first name was Oliver.    When he lived with Chris and Layla, their apartment was sometimes referred to as Casa LOC, and I think also FLOCK

Siiigh...LOCK.  I also remember that, at various points, we wanted both Schuyler and Blair to join their little group so they could be BLOCKS.

We also can't forget the WE NEVER CARED designation for Caitlyn Fitzgerald, John McBain's dead off-screen fiance about whom we...sing it with me...NEVER CARED.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
I'm sure you knew this, but Sierra Mist is actually Fish's biological daughter, although Kyle is without a doubt a father to her both in spirit and legally at this point. #showinmyhead

Sierra's middle name was actually Rose, wasn't it?  Although Sierra Mist would've been awesome. ;P  Also, if that show in your head ever makes its way to fic, please let me know.  I miss Kish.

Oh, topic, right.  Cayla - Cris and Layla, which I liked, and then they went and spoiled it (and Layla in the process).

Sierra's middle name was actually Rose, wasn't it?  Although Sierra Mist would've been awesome. ;P

Yes, Sierra's middle name (or second part of her first name, I was never 100% clear on that) is actually Rose.  On the show, she's named after childhood dolls of Stacy's (Sierra) and Gigi's (Rose) that were the only good memory the sisters had of growing up together.  In real life, I think I read somewhere that Ron Carlivati named the baby after his own goddaughter.

(edited)

M&G--The Couple. What more do I need to say?

Max & Gabrielle, for those of you who don't know. :)

The Bingham Inn--where Max & Gabrielle spent the night after Max kept her from becoming a nun (and where they got married later on).

The Amazing Gabrielle Medina , because you know it's true.

Lunatic Moodswing--Luna Moody, the plague of my life that tried to erase Gabrielle from Max's brain.

Crisalie--Cristian & Natalie. My thirteen year old self in 2002 is still a little sad they didn't end up together.

Edited by UYI

Haha I can't believe I screwed that up.

McDeadtome- McBain's name after he got annoying.

Chandy- the chandelier that killed Ford. After winning an Emmy, Chandy retired, it's duties finally done.

Mt Natterest- Natalie's mammary glands, always on display

(edited)

Haha I can't believe I screwed that up.

McDeadtome- McBain's name after he got annoying.

Chandy- the chandelier that killed Ford. After winning an Emmy, Chandy retired, it's duties finally done.

Mt Natterest- Natalie's mammary glands, always on display

I always preferred referring to Natalie's...um...assets...as the Natterhorn.

And Chandy needs to come out of retirement and start knocking off some people on GH.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

Actually McDeadtome was the name of the couple McBain and Evangeline after most declared Evangeline dead to us for her treatment of RJ

"EvEli", I can't remember how it was spelled, for when all around good guy Eli inexplicably became responsible for all the bad deeds that had recently happened, although his worst deed for me was leaving Rex alive when he could have killed him. 

Eli's biggest failure as an evil dude was not killing anyone. He didn't kill Rex OR Ford when he had the chance and that's the biggest tragedy of all.

I wasn't remotely sorry about the Marty push... and even with that, I knew that Blair couldn't possibly be with him after he was responsible for killing Marty's baby but that didn't stop me from hoping they could find a way just the same. I loved him that much.

• Love 2

Eli's biggest failure as an evil dude was not killing anyone. He didn't kill Rex OR Ford when he had the chance and that's the biggest tragedy of all.

Ugh, I HATED the episode where he knocked or drugged Rex unconscious and then just stood there for the entire episode going on and ON about his evil scheme, with every retcon that passed his lips more ridiculous than the other before.  And then leaving without even stepping on Rex's windpipe?  Unforgivable! 

• Love 2
(edited)

Ron Carlivati loves to do the scenes where the villain goes on and on about their scheme in pure, clunky monologued exposition, often without revealing their true aims, and he did it over and over on both OLTL and GH. It can rarely be delivered well by any actor. Tony Geary actually did a half-decent job of that same old spiel the other day as Fake!Luke/Bill opposite the drugged-out real Luke on GH, and it was the first time I thought he delivered a really interesting performance as the doppelganger, the first time that character didn't come off as just an obvious stock creep to me - but it was very hampered by the circular nature of the dialogue, and plot's insistence on the mystery villain (who I firmly believe is Bill Eckert) not revealing his identity even when he was alone with his helpless prey. "I leave you with this...wouldn't you like to know?" I mean, come on, that's silly.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 1

Bumping up this thread with a question for those with longer memories than I have: Do RJ and Kevin have any history? I can't recall them ever crossing paths, which seems weird. I know Kevin dated Rachel for a minute back in the early '90's and later on they were both involved with Tea. And they both had (very different) dealings with Carlo Hesser. I know they were never friends, but was the ever any personal dislike or rivalry or anything? Does anyone remember if/how they interacted?

I missed some years... but Tea was involved with RJ at a very different time than Kevin. Hell, Tea was only marginally involved with Kevin at first before he ended up with Cassie. Yes, they teamed up together when Todd was faking his various fakeries in order to get out of trouble for being a complete fucking MESS. And once Todd was out of the picture, did Tea and Kevin interact all that much? By that time, wasn't he involved with the Kelly/Joey mess? So he was in a triangle with his brother and the Cramer that they share while Tea was off with John and then RJ.

And RJ was her last ditch relationship before Todd whisked her away to dump her somewhere and come back for Starr and Blair.

So I don't think Kevin and RJ EVER had any interaction at all.

One thing I miss about RJ is his friendship with Max. They were very convincing as best friends/Break Bar co-owners, which is pretty amazing, given that RJ  helped Frank and Leslie get kidnapped as toddlers/told Max they were dead. Talk about the power of forgiveness!

i've always wanted to see the scene where Max is ranting about Gabrielle to RJ at Break Bar during the summer of 2001, right before they slept together, with RJ just silently smiling, knowing how bad Max had it for Gabby. i heard about this from fellow M&G fans way back when, as that was before I started watching, but there's not  a lot of 2001 OLTL on YouTube outside of T&B (and I love them, too!), so I have yet to see it. 

• Love 2

I don't remember any. I DO remember when Angela Shapiro was president of ABCD, and they got in trouble when Shop the Soaps released a Todd doll, which was quickly pulled due to the character being a gang rapist.

I may or may not have wanted a Starr doll when I was 13. *hangs head in shame*

• Love 2

Guys, I can't believe EvieWonder hasn't come up. It was used during the Evangeline Was Blind story. Wasn't there a story floating around back then that actors were aware of the name and KDP wanted to slip it into a Blair/Evange fight but they told her it was too harsh.

Also can't forget SonF***ing: Kelly sleeping with Kevin's son. In a church. That collapsed on them. Which was all Kevin's fault, as usual.

• Love 2

Well, Bree's version wasn't. Erin's version was much smarter (well...smarter than Bree's, at least. And I actually liked Bree's Jessica at times, too). 

Edited by UYI

Random question: Jessica got into Columbia, right? I swear I remember that. So did she ever actually go, or did she just decide to go to LU instead? And did she ever graduate? Did Natalie? I assume Jessica was working towards a journalism degree, and Natalie...I want to say she was a business major, but I might be basing that on how skilled she was later on at BE. Does anyone remember these details?

IIRC, both Jess and Nat went to and graduated from LU.

I have absolutely no idea what degrees they got and I'm not sure the show did either. I do remember Jess was studying journalism.

I do remember, I think between Teen!Jess and Tess, a scene or two of Jessica at the Banner (or was it the Sun?).  Someone on TWoP made a joke that the editors let Jessica come in and write stories, but then binned them once she was gone, heh.

And then there was Kelly Cramer, possibly soapdom's worst journalist ever, who one time managed to show up AFTER the court case she was assigned to cover was over because she got distracted by John McBain's peen.  Way to go, Lois Lane.

Thanks. you guys. I do remember back when we called Jessica Lois Lame. I think that was the Haver era, when she was almost literally too stupid to live.

Lots of journalists on this show, which makes sense, of course. Viki and Todd. Blair and Cassie both worked for The Banner at one point. Blair sometimes ran The Sun. Clint came to town as a newspaperman. Kevin was a reporter before he was a politician and then a businessman. I wouldn't call either of them journalists, per se, but Adriana and David both worked at Craze. So did Dorian. And that's just accounting for Cramers, Lords and Buchanans!

I was so glad PP made The Banner an important part of the show again.

Yes, Jess spent years as a journalist(????) at the Sun, but we almost never saw her involved in any kind of work after 2004. And even then she was an idiot.

• Love 1

Dorian ran The Intruder before Todd bought it and renamed it The Sun, too.

I guess Jessica might have tried to get into Columbia before she got pregnant as a teenager, I don't know. 

And Blair ran The Intruder, badly on purpose, before Todd bought it, as well. And, also, Craze was Blair's first.

It always ticked me off that they kept taking away Blair's business ventures. Asa did it in the divorce, then Blair gave Melador and Craze for Dorian to take care of so she could take care of Starr when she was sick or manage The Sun when Not!Todd wasn't able to and Dorian ran Melador into the ground and then never gave Craze back. It was usually done in order to keep Blair destitute and desperate for money... then when Eli was turned into a serial rich woman wedder/killer, Blair was suddenly wealthy.

It made sense given her divorces from Max at his richest and, one presumes, the ability to get some damned money out of Todd throughout their breakups for a change but still... took long enough.

• Love 2

Random question: Jessica got into Columbia, right? I swear I remember that. So did she ever actually go, or did she just decide to go to LU instead? 

I believe that Jessica decided to go to LU instead of Columbia so that she could be with Cristian.

On 8/4/2015 at 7:41 PM, Dandesun said:

It made sense given her divorces from Max at his richest and, one presumes, the ability to get some damned money out of Todd throughout their breakups for a change but still... took long enough.

It really surprises me that Show never staged any long drawn out alimony battles with Todd and Blair, unless I missed some during the school year. We got plenty of custody stuff over Starr. Blair battled Todd and Victor over the kids and their well-being. But it seems that Blair either slinked away empty-handed much of the time or that Todd just wrote a check.

Naw. I don't see Todd just writing a check.

That's 'cuz Blair is excellent and matured enough to care primarily about her children's well-being as far as her relationship with Todd went early on.

Sigh. Seeing KDP on Days this week and knowing what she's struggling with now is making me really sad.

I should look at the title of this thread again. It always makes me giggle. (I'm sure Kevin is very sorry about that.)

ETA: On How to Get Away With Murder this week, a character shaved and gave himself a crew cut on camera, and my first thought was "that's some KDP-level nerve."

Edited by Panopticon
  • Love 4
On 9/24/2016 at 10:11 AM, eXiled said:

It really surprises me that Show never staged any long drawn out alimony battles with Todd and Blair, unless I missed some during the school year.

I don't think Blair was ever one to live off a man. I mean, she'd scam a guy for his money - Asa, Todd, even Max - but alimony seems somehow...common. for Blair. She's a woman who can build her own business. Melador, Craze, Capricorn, Shelter. She ran The Sun when Todd was "dead" the first time, as well.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

I don't think Blair was ever one to live off a man. I mean, she'd scam a guy for his money - Asa, Todd, even Max - but alimony seems somehow...common. for Blair. She's a woman who can build her own business. Melador, Craze, Capricorn, Shelter. She ran The Sun when Todd was "dead" the first time, as well.

I really dislike how Show took away all of Blair's businesses. She was such a driven character in the beginning of her run. Though looking back now, other than the cops and hospital staff (and some Todd stuff) OLTL seemed to stop following characters to work years before it left the air.

• Love 2

You know, I'm inclined to think they did but my memory is particularly hazy. I mean, for all I know, she left town as a virgin that two rapists were 'in love' with. And I use quotes there because, holy shit, that was a trifecta of unhealthy relationships right there.

For some reason I thought that Rebecca not only slept with Powell, but that he raped her as the hospital rapist. Didn't her hair turn white at some point after being assaulted?

He kidnapped her at the end of the Hospital Rapist storyline and, I'm pretty certain, meant to rape her but Todd followed and that became the big confrontation. Hell, I don't even remember how Rebecca got out of it all... I just know it ultimately ended up with Powell shoving a sweatband in Todd's mouth and making him beg and cry.

Her hair was very definitely NOT white when she left for Texas however long it was after... I do know it was after Peter Manning died, Todd got that key and the Missing Lord Heir was just starting. She left Llanview as he was coming back from Chicago and then he and Blair went sledding and Rebecca who?

On Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 9:17 PM, jsbt said:

For some reason I thought that Rebecca not only slept with Powell, but that he raped her as the hospital rapist. Didn't her hair turn white at some point after being assaulted?

I remember Rebecca being attacked and blaming Todd, like she literally turned against him.  (Todd and Rebecca had this crazy hot Wuthering Heights chemistry then.)  And when it was revealed it was Powell, she left town to start over, breaking Todd's heart.  I think he attempted to rape her and then held her hostage, Todd traded himself for her, and we got the awesome Todd/ Powell confrontation scenes.