Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E09: The Gang Wins The Big Game

• Start Topic

Cricket, The Waitress, Uncle Jack, Rex, and Pondy. Totally Frank's ideal party guests (although I'm sure The Waitress is only there because she's with Charlie).

Why am I not surprised that they don't make it to the game? And then they did. I liked how anticlimatic that was.

Holy crap, actual footage of the game! So...Dee giving Tom Brady pinkeye is what cost the Patriots the game? I can deal with that. I also loved all the footage of everyone celebrating, ending with Rob was a great touch.

And yep, the flight attendant from the Gang Beats Boggs episode. I wonder if we'll ever see that other story he hinted at?

This episode was much better than last week. I got a feeling next week Charlie's gonna be fine.

• Love 1

Nice bit at the end seeing Rob celebrate at the game. And when the Eagles won, I knew that if the show was airing this year, there would have to be an episode spotlighting it. Nicely done. And we didn't see Mac jonesing for the dick of the Coward Chase Utley, so that was also nice. [Basics: Seven years after the events in "The World Series Defense," Utley performed a dirty slide, breaking the leg of the Mets' Ruben Tejada . . . and Utley never got any sort of comeuppance for it]

Cute to see that the worst Philadelphia had to offer managed to make a difference. Kudos to Dee for giving Tom Brady a case of pinkeye, sending the Waitress to the side of Nick Foles. Hey, at least nobody got killed! Well, I'm thinking Charlie lost a leg, but Cricket probably had some healing technique he learned from rats and/or male prostitutes, and most of the infection cleared up by the first episode of the new season. Yeah, I don't know, either.

Dang, one more episode. The seasons always go by too quickly.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 1

I gotta say I really liked that. One, for reminding me the Patriots lost (sorry New England); and two for the actual footage of all the fans. For some reason I truly get a little emotional when I see large, random groups of people just all start bonding in joy together, and typically that seems to be around sports. It's a little strange, I know. 

Such a random group of people to invite - and who is Rex? I cannot recall who he is. 

Man, Dennis must be pissed he missed box seats at the Super Bowl. 

• Love 5

Rex was introduced back in S4 when the Gang was looking for a model for their billboard; he was the beefcake Dennis was competing against.   He showed up over a few more episodes, most recently in Ass Kickers United when Dee had him play “The Master” of the fake cult Mac and Charlie were in.   

Edited by jcin617
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, jcin617 said:

Rex was introduced back in S4 when the Gang was looking for a model for their billboard; he was the beefcake Dennis was competing against.   He showed up over a few more episodes, most recently in Ass Kickers United when Dee had him play “The Master” of the fake cult Mac and Charlie were in.   

Oh yeah, now i remember him. Thanks!!

55 minutes ago, callie lee 29 said:

I gotta say I really liked that. One, for reminding me the Patriots lost (sorry New England); and two for the actual footage of all the fans. For some reason I truly get a little emotional when I see large, random groups of people just all start bonding in joy together, and typically that seems to be around sports. It's a little strange, I know. 

Such a random group of people to invite - and who is Rex? I cannot recall who he is. 

Man, Dennis must be pissed he missed box seats at the Super Bowl. 

Oh, Dennis would have gotten off. Gotten off big time.

I loved Mac's horror at Rex's no longer man-candy abs.

And I totally get your feelings at fan footage. I couldn't give a shit about who won, but it feels kinda good for that very brief moment of white and black people dancing together in the streets, with even a cop thrown in. And the actual video of Rob celebrating at the game (I assume it was Kaitlin's voice too?) was cute.

• Love 2

So that explains where all the production budget went.  I suspected it for a while.

Great episode.  My favorite part was Dee's Mister Magoo antics.  Loved Rex getting all paunchy too.  I hope the actor didn't get out of shape for this role.  I hear there are techniques a fit person can use to bloat up temporarily to look paunchy.  They use them for those before and after photos you see in fitness ads.

6 hours ago, Ray Adverb said:

Loved Rex getting all paunchy too.  I hope the actor didn't get out of shape for this role.  I hear there are techniques a fit person can use to bloat up temporarily to look paunchy.  They use them for those before and after photos you see in fitness ads.

It looked like a prosthetic to me, the chest/stomach hair didn't look real.    But since Mac is apparently a gym god now, I'm sure he'd be more than happy to help Rex achieve maximum power.   Or however awkwardly he'd phrase it.

• Love 2

If you slow down the scene when Frank and Mac first go into the restroom, when Frank informs Mac he has a kidney stone, pay close attention to the individual next to Mac looking into the mirror.  It’s Charlie, but he is wearing Pats colors.  Shortly after, an individual comes running out of the stall with his face painted in red and blue face paint.  Also Charlie.  Slow it down, and pay very close attention.

• Love 4

I mean, you play that Rocky music over ANYTHING, and I'm going to get choked up. Fans celebrating are the BEST. The cop high-fiving the guy running down the street...perfect.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

So...Dee giving Tom Brady pinkeye is what cost the Patriots the game? I can deal with that.

This was a great way to weave it into the show. 

I loved the meta commentary on Philly fans and superstitions. I was rooting for NE, but I liked all the footage of everyone celebrating. 

23 hours ago, callie lee 29 said:

For some reason I truly get a little emotional when I see large, random groups of people just all start bonding in joy together, and typically that seems to be around sports. It's a little strange, I know. 

No, it's not. Especially with everything going on in real life, everyone had a chance to just run around and yell. 

I had heard the Eagles fight song before, since I grew up in Eagles territory (Delaware).  Since this episode aired, it has been playing in my head a lot.  Just today I realized that the lyrics don't make sense.  They say "Fly Eagles Fly on the road to victory".  Problem is... things that are flying don't use roads.

• Love 1
On 10/31/2018 at 11:09 PM, callie lee 29 said:

That's normal.  That's just empathy.  Empathy works both ways.  You can be sad at the misfortune of others and happy at their good fortune.  Drew Carey says that there is a ton of that on The Price is Right.  He says that when someone hits the $1.00 mark on the wheel, the audience explodes into this massive ball of joy and cheer.

• Love 1
On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 5:09 PM, Rounders said:

If you slow down the scene when Frank and Mac first go into the restroom, when Frank informs Mac he has a kidney stone, pay close attention to the individual next to Mac looking into the mirror.  It’s Charlie, but he is wearing Pats colors.  Shortly after, an individual comes running out of the stall with his face painted in red and blue face paint.  Also Charlie.  Slow it down, and pay very close attention.

Ah, that explains why they looked familiar!

It was good to see Ben (the vet who loves jorts), Bill Ponderosa, and Rex the runway model again. I was half-expecting a McPoyle to slip in somehow.

• Love 1

Y'all are so sweet. I honestly would be the person super excited for the Eagles fans and celebrating right along side of them even though I'm not entirely sure where exactly Philly is on a map (I'm from Florida. What do you want from me...) I love it!!!

• Love 1

This episode helped me realize that even though I've heard the Eagles fight song several times, I only just now realized that it doesn't make sense.  They say "Fly Eagles Fly on the road to victory.", but flying things like birds don't follow roads.

• Love 1
On 11/3/2018 at 2:11 PM, Ubiquitous said:

Ah, that explains why they looked familiar!

It was good to see Ben (the vet who loves jorts), Bill Ponderosa, and Rex the runway model again. I was half-expecting a McPoyle to slip in somehow.

I was, too, and I have been seriously let down by the amount of McPoyle in this season thus far.