Type keyword(s) to search

S05:E08: Honor

Tavo crossed a line with Octavio's incursion -- at this point they need to quit pissing around in Cuba and just spin up a couple of high-yield nukes and drop them in Tavo's front yard.  Problem solved.  Sure they may still have some targeting issues due to lack of satellite coverage, but even if you miss by a mile or two with a 5 Megaton warhead, you're still good.

Sorry to see that Capt. Meylan is dead now -- but with that fakeout by Octavio in front of POTUS you just knew his time was up.
The deadpool in 'The Last Season' continues to mount up.

Kind of glad that Kelsie is dead.  Now we can drop that whole storyline.

All in all, it wasn't the best episode -- way too many dramatic pauses, and slowly zooming-in camera shots.

Sasha looked amazing in every shot.  I thought maybe Chandler torpedoed the wrong ship and that was in fact the SS Maybelline dropping off supplies for Sasha.

• Love 5

Why did they bother get a final close up on Kelsie as if she was some sympathetic character? Good Riddance!

There were no other armed forces or security besides the SWAT team and Green’s team miles and miles away to assist?

Tavo has the President but Chandler was more important? He should have asked for Sasha's makeup supply for his wife and half the women in his country.

Green's team is so smooth, they can teach you how to execute an assault in one phone call in less than 15 minutes.

Meylan went out heroic. Who's next?

If the president got on the helicopter sooner Meylan could be alive.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

Why did they bother get a final close up on Kelsie as if she was some sympathetic character? Good Riddance!

I haven't watch yet but Kelcie's dead?  YAY!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Sasha looked amazing in every shot.  I thought maybe Chandler torpedoed the wrong ship and that was in fact the SS Maybelline dropping off supplies for Sasha.

Love it. Best comment on the forum.

• Love 3

What I didn't understand is why Slattery ordered Octavio and Kelsi to "Halt!".  What are you, a cop?  Shoot those motherfluckers and be done with it.  It's not like they're getting a trial or anything. 

President Spineless better find himself a VP in a hurry, because his cred went way down with the (rapidly decreasing) military.  Of course, I find it surprising that anyone would believe a confession with an obvious stretched rope around his neck. 

No sign of the battleship this week, although I did like the guy swiping it off the table.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, FinnishViewer said:

I thought the ship Chandler torpedoed was the battleship?

It looked like an American Coast Guard cutter to me. Admiral Chandler identified it as a corvette type ship.

• Love 1

So was that sort of confirmation about General Kincaid's duplicity? Why would the terrorists have made a point of recovering his body?

Poor Ensign Swain. How was he not peeing his pants? He was an IT nerd and didn't really sign up for hand-to-hand combat. He rose to the challenge though.

Was low-rent Patty Hearst just plain nutz or was she getting something out of it besides a terrorist boyfriend? Whatever, bye bish.

The only thing they need to do is send a nuke straight up Tavo's ass. It looks like one of his own guys may take him out first though.

SS Maybelline

<golf claps>

• Love 1
21 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Forgot to add -- when the Lockwood home was ablaze after J'onn crashed into it with the Daxamite, there was that accompanying sad sad shot of the bicycle on fire.  Oh no, where will they ever get another bicycle ?  Maybe they can a new bike made of Nth metal that is fireproof.

Supergirl forum

• Love 1

Aw. Meylan.

I know he's the President and all, but who knows what I would say with a rope around my neck?  I like to think I'd look as fab as Sasha and be as bad ass as Tom Chandler but I'd probably be a crying bubble of goo.  I did laugh when Mr. Prez bitch slapped the remote out of Bad Guy's hand.

I liked the little training session and I guess my theory about Boy Wonder being a mole for the bad guys was wrong.  Go Boy Wonder!  Green and Wolf action is always welcome.

And hey, Kelcie's dead YAY!!

The moment of truth for POTUS was pretty good.  Of course he took the coward's way out.  His declaration the the 25th was already invoked was clearly a lie.  Had he stated that he was ordering succession in that moment, he would have ruined Gustavo's plan.   Chandler, for one, would have no justification for exposing himself to save a civilian.

At least Slattery did not yell, "FREEZE!" when he had Octavio literally dead to rights.

I, too, was struck by the tepid response by FL authorities.  POTUS and the pretty much the entire leadership of the military was at stake.  They quit with one attempt?  They cease comms?  Chandler does not get right back on the horn "ordering" them to come even harder?  Ay yi yi.

If the torpedo was powerful enough to lift that vessel clean out of the water, Chandler would have been vaporized.  

I know if I were a citizen, I would protest any invasion.  Nuke city.  Have a nice day.  No more USA blood spilled nor any other assets wasted on Gusty.  What terrors would Mexico be spared with an immediate elimination of Gran Colombia?   

There was more progress.  A single grenade was again used in the deciding assault!  

• Love 1
On 10/31/2018 at 4:35 PM, Lonesome Rhodes said:

A single grenade was again used in the deciding assault!  

Props department doesn't have that many. They're quite expensive, when compared to a gunfire soundtrack tape.  

• Love 1
On 10/28/2018 at 10:30 PM, mxc90 said:

There were no other armed forces or security besides the SWAT team and Green’s team miles and miles away to assist?

This. There was no base defense whatsoever in the SOUTHCOMM? On top of that, no Secret Service? Secret Service would have let an vehicle they had not vetted enter an area where POTUS was? There were at least 3 O-10s, 1 O-9 and the POTUS in the building and that building was not surrounded by at least a battalion of security forces?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, TV Anonymous said:

This. There was no base defense whatsoever in the SOUTHCOMM? On top of that, no Secret Service? Secret Service would have let an vehicle they had not vetted enter an area where POTUS was? There were at least 3 O-10s, 1 O-9 and the POTUS in the building and that building was not surrounded by at least a battalion of security forces?

I will just assume just like the Navy Admirals were merely Commanders 5 years ago the new Secret Service are just Walter Mitty's and never would have made the cut if almost everyone wasn't dead already

Edited by Raja
  • Love 3