Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

Hell, both groups could be cannibals for all we know.  More ironic, I suppose, for these seemingly spartan, buttoned up cops -- that angry cop lady didn't have a hair out of place -- at the hospital and the whole dystopian NWO vibe they're giving off.  The cops seem like they're trying to maintain some sort of order and semblance of life as it was, though being VERY Big Brother about it.  Yet they turn out not much better than the savage Termites trapping people like rabbits and squatting in a rail yard.  It could turn out the Termites might be the lesser evil than the cops at the hospital.

Now that I'm thinking about it, it's probably more likely both groups turn out to be cannibals.  Mostly because I think the Terminus cannibalism may be revealed early on, I think we have some spoilers suggesting as much.  Which might make the audience complacent, including the comics readers, and thinking we've already got the cannibal group/Hunters-equivalent in the story and thinking the story wouldn't introduce another cannibal group.  These Big Brother cops maybe even depicted as they're looking down on other groups like the Termites resorting to such savage, unthinkable methods to survive, but secretly and hypocritically also engaging in the same methods all the while.

Whether Carol ends up with the TM arc?  I don't know, it could be.  As it's been all but confirmed we've got cannibals in the story soon, the TM story may not be far behind.  From the sounds of filming spoilers, Carol sounds really injured, making her really vulnerable.  That certainly would be a memorable way for a character to go out.

There are already suggestions and rumors that the Terminus people have some kind of arrangement with the cops at the hospital.  It might not necessarily be an arrangement out of choice, especially if it was because of those cops that "NEVER AGAIN" and "NEVER TRUST" graffiti at Terminus exists.  This could suggest the hospital cops betrayed Terminus somehow.  In which case, the Termites might ally themselves with Rick's group for an enemy-of-my-enemy-is-my-friend scenario and believing they've got access to the zombie cure.

I could see Rick going back home one last time before the leave. To regroup and refuel for their journey if nothing else.

Morgan did have A LOT of guns, so if they are planning to storm the hospital to rescue their people?  Morgan would be a likely option to restock weapons and ammo.  Maybe also make the offer to Morgan to come to Alexandria with them.  I doubt Morgan would accept, but that would leave the possibility open Morgan could show up in Alexandria sometime later (and when Lennie James has the time in his schedule).

Edited by ArctisTor

If I had to throw out a guess at the people that have Beth, I would guess that they are stealing people to use as experimental test subjects and they are trying to find the cure.

• Love 1

I did notice that lady cop has access to cosmetics, doesn't she? Her uniform is clean and possibly pressed. If she's from some govt. set-up  that has resources for that, it's hard for me to think they would be cannibals.

If Carol had an ironing board, and someone as wacko as Ed had MREs, I would think NWO cadre would be stocked for food.

Are you sure the girl on the gurney, and the girl kneeling by the male cop on the floor, are two different people?

I don't think the Termites ally with Rick's group...but thinking about Terminus makes me wonder about those other people---the ones trapped and calling out in last season's final episode as Rick/Michonne/Carl/Daryl ran past:

Help! Let us out!

We don't see our people in the woods with a whole new bunch; it obviously won't be like Woodbury where they took people in. What happens to those people?

There are people commenting on Spoil the Dead about "the lady cop's speech about everything we do is for the greater good."

I feel that Beth says that line, and the ladycop only says the response "You're not part of the greater good you're part of a system".

This makes me think that maybe the hospital is not run by the cops' people...Could be Beth is working there like a missionary with others caring for people, trying to find a cure, and the cops come in to raid the place, and that may be the reason for the antipathy between the cops and the "hospital workers". The male cop gets shot and walkers get let loose in the building and it all goes to hell.

I do like Arctis Tor's idea that Carol tips off Beth that the others are searching for her. Maybe the abseil down the elevator shaft is involved in Beth's strategy to help Rick's group in, or to avoid the cops. If walkers were used (by Carol and Tyreese) to help break in to Terminus, perhaps the same trick is used to get in to the hospital and grab Beth and Carol.

Edited by kikismom

If Carol had an ironing board, and someone as wacko as Ed had MREs, I would think NWO cadre would be stocked for food.

I didn't mean they're literal survivalist/NWO types, but just referring to the dystopian nature of the cop and her speech and what looks to be that whole arc.  I'd say they managed to hoard some supplies at first, but when that ran out, they were at a loss.  They possibly sought other groups for alliances or aid, possibly in exchange for security.  My guess one of those groups was the people at Terminus.  

There are speculations the cops were the former security/militia at Terminus, but there was some sort of revolt and the cops split off from Terminus.

Are you sure the girl on the gurney, and the girl kneeling by the male cop on the floor, are two different people?

Yes, they're different.  The girl on the gurney is black (and about to lose an arm), the girl biting out the throat of the cop on the floor is white.  The white walker girl biting out the cop's throat also has both arms.

I don't think the Termites ally with Rick's group

According to the trailer, they do seem to ally with Rick's group, at least believing Rick's group has the cure.  Presumably Gareth is talking to Rick there re: going to Washington c/o Bob's pleading for their lives and the reveal they have the cure.  If it proves the cops are an enemy of Terminus, we could get an enemy-of-my-enemy-is-my-friend scenario between Rick's group and the Termites.

but thinking about Terminus makes me wonder about those other people---the ones trapped and calling out in last season's final episode as Rick/Michonne/Carl/Daryl ran past:

Help! Let us out!

There was a rumor that train car A was for arrivals and train car D (possibly where the screaming was coming from) was for departures.

This makes me think that maybe the hospital is not run by the cops' people...Could be Beth is working there like a missionary with others caring for people, trying to find a cure, and the cops come in to raid the place, and that may be the reason for the antipathy between the cops and the "hospital workers". The male cop gets shot and walkers get let loose in the building and it all goes to hell.

My impression was the cops were running the place as security and, in theory, just as they did at Terminus.  Some last ditch hold-out attempt in the end of the world, they just took a very Orwellian approach to it.  Right now I'm leaning more towards all the young persons in scrubs (most seem in their 20s to older teens) are just to bolster their ranks to fulfill multiple positions in the hospital and, possibly, persons that would make the most optimal offspring for the survival of the human race (in this case, young, healthy people).   Also, in theory, any persons they could turn into a meal (which would probably be the weak or injured among the group). 

I'd hate to put it in these terms, but when I first read those filming spoiler reports about Carol hit hard by a car and her stunt double looking really rough?  Then the cops collect her, put her in the back of their station wagon?  All I could think was, "It sounds like they just picked up roadkill."

There would be a real irony in these cops with their prim, stern Orwellian "system" turned out they were the actual cannibals all the while.  For all the lady cop's starkly neat appearance for the ZA (compare to how anyone in the prison looked in the quiet times, cop lady's appearance is almost obsessively, shockingly tidy), in reality, she and her ilk devolved into an unthinkable kind of savagery to survive.  If they had been part of Terminus not long ago, maybe they were the cannibals and, despite how the Termites treat Rick's group in the trailer (literally invoking images of cattle lined up for slaughter and undoubtedly very purposefully so), is nothing but pure theatrics from the Termites to scare Rick's group into submission.  In theory, it could have been how the cops had treated the Terminus people before any revolt?  

IMO, Gareth seems to acquiesce almost a little too quickly to the possibility of a cure, something he couldn't possibly be certain was anything but pure bullshit on Eugene's end to save their skins unless he had some considerable knowledge in medical sciences, and cooperatively willing to travel to Washington with Rick's group to deliver that cure and save the human race.  It might suggest someone who might not be all bad or wasn't all bad once.  

While, on the other hand, we have this super-prim lady cop who smacks Beth Greene, who spent most of her time in the series thusfar singing & taking care of Judith and couldn't be more than a buck and a quarter soaking wet, across the face with the butt of her pistol.  A really extreme reaction.  Maybe Beth, staring cop lady down defiantly, really did screw up something major for cop lady somehow, but that still seems an extreme reaction to me.  It suggests to me there's a lot going on under the surface of that prim & proper cop appearance and it isn't pleasant stuff.

I suppose I haven't taken it out of the realm of possibility yet the scariness of the Terminus stuff may be misdirection or red herrings.  The true horror, the real Heart of Darkness, of s5 or at least 5A may lie in the Orwellian dystopia hospital.  it's been eluded by both Kirkman and Gimple Terminus aren't the actual (or main) bad guys of S5, but that it may even be Rick's group the aggressors here.

Arctis Tor: You have very interesting ideas. I am just very sure Gareth is not talking to Rick; in a previous post I pointed to the background behind Gareth being the double doors with the walkers behind which is at another building. I think Gareth is passing on what he heard Abraham say to Rick when Gareth was listening at the doorway. Wasn't the name Gareth a substitute for a character of a different name in the comic?

IF Gareth is discussing with Rick, and acquiesces too quickly...does that really suggest someone who isn't that bad, or just someone who is pretending? He faked them out before. And they certainly don't need him.

I wonder if, as we believe, Eugene will be proven to be faking them out---and what they will do when they find out.

I agree about the lady cop; to TWD fans the sight of an immaculately groomed and clean person is almost more frightening than walkers. She has to be connected to something unsettling even if she hadn't hit anyone. The ZA has been going on for what, their 3rd winter now?, and just the thought that while people go through this stuff someone is showering and shampooing and getting her dry cleaning or whatever is outrageous. She and the male cop also look pretty well fed (although in fairness, Tyreese inexplicably looks like he's never missed a meal.)

I did mention the Arrivals and Departures theory in a previous post, I just wonder if the people in the cars get blown up when the Terminus shitstorm happens, or were they released by Rick's group,...or could it even be fake audio to freak Richonne Grixon out when they were being herded through areas?

I see that Herschel's farm has been eliminated; I guess I was hoping for too much!

In the shots of Gareth in front of the double doors, behind him you see walkers behind the glass, but if you look at the shot-by-shot 1;20 to 1;44 on Spoil the Dead, you can see a reflection of the face of a man facing Gareth (especially over the uppermost walker's splayed hand).

Any thoughts on who this looks like?

I've stared at that shot until i've gone cross-eyed but I still can't see the reflection. Sigh. I'm rubbish at Magic eye pictures too...is it not someone we know?

• Love 1

I've stared at that shot until i've gone cross-eyed but I still can't see the reflection. Sigh. I'm rubbish at Magic eye pictures too...is it not someone we know?

I know lol..."If you watch the walking dead and let your eyes unfocus--you'll see a sailboat!"

It's this shot here: http://puu.sh/aqVf7/355da275c1.png

It comes right exactly after this one : http://puu.sh/aqVex/e472f66858.png

If you look at the uppermost hand, and look a bit down from the finger, is that an eyebrow and an eye? Superimposed over the hand, like a reflection? and a hairline/ and top of head silhouette?

Or maybe it's an escaped zombie mutant; in Ohio there are frogs found in a lake with eyes growing in their throats, so after the ZA anything is possible. :-)

And you see the reflection of a light shining at Gareth--a flashlight? The parking lot lights aren't working anymore so I'm guessing flashlight, it's too bright to be a candle.

BTW--I know someone on this forum mentioned how they didn't know everyone was infected till Rick finally 'fesses up after the farm is overrun. We've all realized Quarry Jim is stumbling around the roadside somewhere. But has anyone else thought about the other Jimmy--from the farm? Who got killed saving Rick and Carl? And Patricia? I really was hoping they'd go back to the farm and see TurnedJimmy and TurnedPatricia !

Edited by kikismom
  • Love 1

I know lol..."If you watch the walking dead and let your eyes unfocus--you'll see a sailboat!"

It's this shot here: http://puu.sh/aqVf7/355da275c1.png

It comes right exactly after this one : http://puu.sh/aqVex/e472f66858.png

If you look at the uppermost hand, and look a bit down from the finger, is that an eyebrow and an eye? Superimposed over the hand, like a reflection?

Or maybe it's an escaped zombie mutant; in Ohio there are frogs found in a lake with eyes growing in their throats, so after the ZA anything is possible. :-)

And you see the reflection of a light shining at Gareth--a flashlight? The parking lot lights aren't working anymore so I'm guessing flashlight, it's too bright to be a candle.

BTW--I know someone on this forum mentioned how they didn't know everyone was infected. We've all realized Jim is stumbling around the roadside somewhere. But has anyone else thought about the other Jimmy--from the farm? Who got killed saving Rick and Carl? And Patricia? I really was hoping they'd go back to the farm and see TurnedJimmy and TurnedPatricia !

Heh, I think the magic eye image for this show would just be a weeping showrunner.

Thank you -  I'll go and squint at it some more later (as staring at pictures of Andrew J West at work is not what i'm paid for, unfortunately)! I can definitely see the flashlight beam. From what I remember from filming reports, Glen, Maggie and Tara were filming right next door at a white house so maybe he's talking to one of them (or...a cross person? Maybe? Yeah, i've got nothin').

• Love 1

I didn't mean they're literal survivalist/NWO types, but just referring to the dystopian nature of the cop and her speech and what looks to be that whole arc.  I'd say they managed to hoard some supplies at first, but when that ran out, they were at a loss.  They possibly sought other groups for alliances or aid, possibly in exchange for security.  My guess one of those groups was the people at Terminus.  

There are speculations the cops were the former security/militia at Terminus, but there was some sort of revolt and the cops split off from Terminus.

Yes, they're different.  The girl on the gurney is black (and about to lose an arm), the girl biting out the throat of the cop on the floor is white.  The white walker girl biting out the cop's throat also has both arms.

According to the trailer, they do seem to ally with Rick's group, at least believing Rick's group has the cure.  Presumably Gareth is talking to Rick there re: going to Washington c/o Bob's pleading for their lives and the reveal they have the cure.  If it proves the cops are an enemy of Terminus, we could get an enemy-of-my-enemy-is-my-friend scenario between Rick's group and the Termites.

There was a rumor that train car A was for arrivals and train car D (possibly where the screaming was coming from) was for departures.

My impression was the cops were running the place as security and, in theory, just as they did at Terminus.  Some last ditch hold-out attempt in the end of the world, they just took a very Orwellian approach to it.  Right now I'm leaning more towards all the young persons in scrubs (most seem in their 20s to older teens) are just to bolster their ranks to fulfill multiple positions in the hospital and, possibly, persons that would make the most optimal offspring for the survival of the human race (in this case, young, healthy people).   Also, in theory, any persons they could turn into a meal (which would probably be the weak or injured among the group). 

I'd hate to put it in these terms, but when I first read those filming spoiler reports about Carol hit hard by a car and her stunt double looking really rough?  Then the cops collect her, put her in the back of their station wagon?  All I could think was, "It sounds like they just picked up roadkill."

There would be a real irony in these cops with their prim, stern Orwellian "system" turned out they were the actual cannibals all the while.  For all the lady cop's starkly neat appearance for the ZA (compare to how anyone in the prison looked in the quiet times, cop lady's appearance is almost obsessively, shockingly tidy), in reality, she and her ilk devolved into an unthinkable kind of savagery to survive.  If they had been part of Terminus not long ago, maybe they were the cannibals and, despite how the Termites treat Rick's group in the trailer (literally invoking images of cattle lined up for slaughter and undoubtedly very purposefully so), is nothing but pure theatrics from the Termites to scare Rick's group into submission.  In theory, it could have been how the cops had treated the Terminus people before any revolt?  

IMO, Gareth seems to acquiesce almost a little too quickly to the possibility of a cure, something he couldn't possibly be certain was anything but pure bullshit on Eugene's end to save their skins unless he had some considerable knowledge in medical sciences, and cooperatively willing to travel to Washington with Rick's group to deliver that cure and save the human race.  It might suggest someone who might not be all bad or wasn't all bad once.  

While, on the other hand, we have this super-prim lady cop who smacks Beth Greene, who spent most of her time in the series thusfar singing & taking care of Judith and couldn't be more than a buck and a quarter soaking wet, across the face with the butt of her pistol.  A really extreme reaction.  Maybe Beth, staring cop lady down defiantly, really did screw up something major for cop lady somehow, but that still seems an extreme reaction to me.  It suggests to me there's a lot going on under the surface of that prim & proper cop appearance and it isn't pleasant stuff.

I suppose I haven't taken it out of the realm of possibility yet the scariness of the Terminus stuff may be misdirection or red herrings.  The true horror, the real Heart of Darkness, of s5 or at least 5A may lie in the Orwellian dystopia hospital.  it's been eluded by both Kirkman and Gimple Terminus aren't the actual (or main) bad guys of S5, but that it may even be Rick's group the aggressors here.

The girl on the gurney is black?https://s3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/d828cFBohpESvK0CKq_sFg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://l.yimg.com/os/publish-images/tv/2014-07-25/ed34a0c0-143c-11e4-9c67-b1d71d17fcff_comic-con-2014-the-walking-dead-season-5-trailer-_0002_Layer-36.jpg    I thought her hair looked the same as the girl on the floor?

If Beth's wrist is broken, I usually see a cast for that going from the forearm up around the thumb for stability. I see Beth uses her right hand to squeeze the trigger on the gun without needing her left hand for assistance.

The girl on the gurney may be about to lose her arm, or maybe something else? The doctor is kneeling on her arm to hold it down, but if you zoom in you see a thin line of something dangling--a wire? a picc-line? Hard to tell.

I can't see the right arm of the girl on the floor so I don't know it she's an amputee.

As Beth is leaning over the male cop. what is Beth holding in her right hand?

The girl on the gurney is black?https://s3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/d828cFBohpESvK0CKq_sFg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://l.yimg.com/os/publish-images/tv/2014-07-25/ed34a0c0-143c-11e4-9c67-b1d71d17fcff_comic-con-2014-the-walking-dead-season-5-trailer-_0002_Layer-36.jpg    I thought her hair looked the same as the girl on the floor?

If Beth's wrist is broken, I usually see a cast for that going from the forearm up around the thumb for stability. I see Beth uses her right hand to squeeze the trigger on the gun without needing her left hand for assistance.

The girl on the gurney may be about to lose her arm, or maybe something else? The doctor is kneeling on her arm to hold it down, but if you zoom in you see a thin line of something dangling--a wire? a picc-line? Hard to tell.

I can't see the right arm of the girl on the floor so I don't know it she's an amputee.

As Beth is leaning over the male cop. what is Beth holding in her right hand?

I also thought both girls were the same, even when I blew up the two pictures. 

I've had a broken wrist before, and if they are going for realism there is no way in hell you could hold a gun, much less squeeze the trigger with a broken wrist.

• Love 1

just for laughs:

Look at Glenn in the photo with the faded red shirt and the grey shirt underneath it.http://puu.sh/aqW94/d760cd6037.png

Now look at the faded red shirt with the grey shirt underneath it:http://puu.sh/aqVWl/a733add778.png

In the photo of the male cop on the floor, Beth is not just leaning over; she appears to be dragging/pulling someone by the leg who is dressed in the same dark material as the male cop's uniform--the female cop? http://puu.sh/aqX6W/66e7863456.png

Edited by kikismom

This is the least important thing I've ever come up with (don't start).  But I wonder of the white thing on Beth's wrist is some kind of protective device?  Remember the guy (can't remember his name) from Woodbury -- the Gov's pal, the one who killed Andrea -- used duck tape, I think, to wrap his arms and other parts before heading out into the hinterlands.

Thanks tv echo.....

As I look through your link, and the links in the article from that, I noticed this : https://www.facebook.com/SpoilingDeadFans/posts/351257321696079

And I thought it looked familiar? A bit like Rosita (the shirt and the belt and the pants) in the above link I posted about Glenn on 8/5/2014 @ 1:57pm   http://puu.sh/aqW94/d760cd6037.png

Maybe they are playing a prank...two walkers so far that are dressed like principal cast members!?

Edited by kikismom

Just speculation on my part, but shouldn't a big part of the Walkers be dying out soon? They said they do die, just slower than humans so shouldn't those ones that went down quick in the beginning months (a large percentage of people in cities and stuff, be dying son?

I mean I know they "eat" but since nothing works but their brain that shouldn't do any good. I wonder if that was ever addressed in the comics? I mean I know there are new Walkers being made all the time, but if a good portion of them from the start died off other humans would be a much bigger threat.

I mean I know they "eat" but since nothing works but their brain that shouldn't do any good. I wonder if that was ever addressed in the comics?

As a non graphic novel reader, I too wonder about this. In the show they are at least 2 years (probably closer to 3) into the ZA. Unless the early walkers have a steady diet of human, shouldn't their bodies be to the point of complete failure? The bones must be brittle and the flesh should be sloughing off. I know I'm watching a zombie show but in the comics is this ever addressed? 

• Love 1

SW showed up on set a couple days ago and spoilthe dead is officailly on death watch. My money is on Carol but theres a lot of names being thrown around. Also EK was spotted on set with LC, SY and other so it looks like Beth makes it back to the group. The thread is here if anyone wants to see for themsleves

This is cribbed from spoilthedead, the word abibel is written (presumably by Morgan) on the wall of his room in "Clear".

http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r498/kayleighbochin/6722441c5bf3d64a6150453bba6f61e1_zps2dc8ff56.jpg

But is also written-as graffiti?-here, in another episode.

http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r498/kayleighbochin/f478e32fd028c93f0a3b6974311a2900_zps01553483.jpg

• Is the crew of TWD just gaslighting us?
  • Could it actually mean something? If so, what?

One of the biggest speculations out there is that Carol is going to go all bad ass and save everyone.  I don't think I'll be alright with that.  Carol has definitely gotten tougher since the start, and even though I don't exactly like the character I love that she is on the show.  The actress is fabulous and watching this character's transformation is so interesting.

But Carol the bad ass?  I just don't see it.  That was never her role with the group, and when she finally did go on a run Rick had to pull her out of the way of a Walker that was falling down the stairs.  I think if they go this route it will be way to much of a stretch to hand wave.

One of the biggest speculations out there is that Carol is going to go all bad ass and save everyone.  I don't think I'll be alright with that.  Carol has definitely gotten tougher since the start, and even though I don't exactly like the character I love that she is on the show.  The actress is fabulous and watching this character's transformation is so interesting.

But Carol the bad ass?  I just don't see it.  That was never her role with the group, and when she finally did go on a run Rick had to pull her out of the way of a Walker that was falling down the stairs.  I think if they go this route it will be way to much of a stretch to hand wave.

Eh thats mostly a fantasy dreamed up by Carol fans without anything to back it up. The one shot of Carol at Terminus shows her hiding in the mud not weilding a weapon. I supect what happens is that someone tells Gareth about Eugene. So Gareth spares them so they can help Eugene get to Washington and a herd comes through.

Edited by Emily Thrace

On the Tyler Williams casting rumor...
The Walking Dead Season 5: Is Tyler Williams Joining the Cast?
http://www.wetpaint.com/walking-dead/articles/2014-08-26-season-5-is-tyler-williams

Another Season 5 teaser...

The Walking Dead Season 5 Spoilers: Latest Teasers Reveal The Termites' Cannibalistic Intentions?
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/walking-dead-season-5-new-teasers-dark-rick-new-theory-who-are-termites-1462798

Edited by tv echo

TVLine Spoilers:

THE WALKING DEAD
"The band is back together," declares Andrew Lincoln of Season 5, which finds the survivors (mostly) reunited at Terminus and feeling... a bit out of sorts. As showrunner Scott M. Gimple notes, "All of these people have had really different journeys to Terminus, and, as a result, they're different people than they were. It's decidedly more intense than coming back to high school after summer vacation." There's also the small fact that their current hosts are psychopaths with a likely predilection for cannibalism who, in the closing minutes of the finale, locked the gang inside a train car. The premiere picks up a few hours into their ordeal and features "the most intense six minutes" in Walking Dead history, declares Gimple. "It gets very intense very quick, very terrifying very quick." Beyond the opener, look for Rick and Michonne's still-platonic relationship to deepen. "The importance of who they are to each other grows, and that emotional intimacy gets developed even more," says the EP, before quickly adding, "That doesn't necessarily mean [it will turn into a] romance." Loosely translated: It doesn't necessarily mean it won't!

BONUS SPOILER | "The premiere plays with time in some interesting ways," teases Gimple. "The characters' storylines crisscross in the timeline."

RETURN DATE | Sunday, Oct. 12 at 9/8c (AMC)

http://tvline.com/gallery/fall-tv-spoilers-2014-season-premieres-photos/#!42/the-walking-dead/

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Thank you, tv echo; that is very interesting.

The timeline jumping part makes me wonder. They've done that in the past, and I get why they did it, but I hope TPTB aren't going to rely on that too much. It breaks up the emotional current.

I'm very intrigued by the part about the reunited group having had such different experiences that they are not the same people and how that will get intense. I will guess that may mean they may have a little bit of extra bonding with some, and emotional or mental separation from others. This may lead into deliberate, chosen, physical separation; I've long thought that there's no way this ever-increasing "group" will go north together.

Previous interviews have said that Tyreese's character will become "self-destructive". Let me guess that he will be out--by walker or by suicide?, Beth will be out, and some may choose not to go north and just stay to have a life...I feel there's enough indications from some people (like Sasha) that this constant looking for another new place and getting in fights is done for her. I even suspect from Glenn's lack of interest in Eugene and Abraham's mission, and Maggie's talk about a baby that they may break off from the group and form a new "camp" with Bob and Sasha?

I also don't know if Carol fits in to the DC scenario. I would be more inclined to think the journey north will be Rick, Michonne, Carl, Daryl (who will go when they discover Beth dead?),and possibly Eugene/Abraham without Rosita (I just see her buying it soon.)

Edited by kikismom

They appear to be re-casting Judith mid-season, based on some Atlanta casting calls. They were looking for babies 6-11 months old, which puzzled me because the babies that are in the trailer are currently not THAT much older than that age. My thought was wouldn't it be better continuity to have the same babies and just let them be 14 months or something? I wonder if the need for younger babies had to do with the wonky time stuff.

• Love 1

Please kill Boring Beth off ! The weakest episodes are with her and Emily Kinney is by far the worst actress on this show ! She even makes Daryl boring to watch and as much as I enjoy Norman Reedus I hated all his scenes with Emily because Emily is a one dimensional actress and Beth is just too blah !!

• Love 3

I think casting new babies would be for the current time frame, where we left off. Maybe the babies they used last season will be used for time jumps into the future, but they would have to utilize new tiny actors for the present time. I have a friend with strawberry-blondish twin girls. If she only lived near Atlanta...

This is a great article...

Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Team Up to Preview The Walking Dead's Fifth Season

Rob Moynihan  Sep 23, 2014 08:00 PM ET

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Walking-Dead-Andrew-Lincoln-Norman-Reedus-1087473.aspx

Yes, ! Thank you---that is a great article. Did you pick up on how the last time Rick called somebody "brother" it was Shane, and not a bed of roses etc. Not to mention Daryl "snapping"? Mmmm! Rick and Daryl split/fight/battle for leadership? Oh yeah.

Also..."Carol is his girl" (Daryl's). If that doesn't set the forums and fanwankers into overdrive....

:-) loved the "he's an asshole/I hate him"

Glad you provided the link thanks again.

I think casting new babies would be for the current time frame, where we left off. Maybe the babies they used last season will be used for time jumps into the future, but they would have to utilize new tiny actors for the present time. I have a friend with strawberry-blondish twin girls. If she only lived near Atlanta...

To be clear, they already cast babies for this season back in the spring, different babies than last season, and they have (or are in the process of) recasting them (second set for this season) as of whenever I wrote that post, a month or so ago. The ones they use for the first part of this season are pictured in the trailer and a few stills.

Edited by MilkMachine

Episode titles for Season 5 so far and spoilers for first episode...

5.01 - The Sanctuary
5.02 - Strangers
5.03 - Four Walls and a Roof
5.04 - We Mourn Together

Q- Is anyone cannibalized in the episode?
A- Yes, it's implied they are cannibals.

Q- Do we find out the reasoning behind terminus capturing people?
A- Yes

Q- Is the entire group other then Beth reunited by the end of the episode?
A- Yes

Q- Is the memorial at Terminus a tribute to their members who have been murdered or died?
A- It's implied, yes.

Q- Is train car A for arrivals and D for departures?
A- It makes sense. I can't honestly recall if it was explicitly mentioned

Q- Does anyone in Ricks train car group die?
A- No

Q- Does the flashback in the episode involve Terminus back story?
A- Yes

Q- Does Tyreese help Carol with Terminus or does he stay back with Judith?
A- Stays back.

Q- Is Sam killed?
A- Yes

Q- How does Carol find out the group is being held at Terminus?
A- From someone they come across.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/09/the-walking-dead-episode-501-no.html
http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/09/the-walking-dead-episodes-502-503.html

The Walking Dead - Season 5 - Carol & Daryl Teaser

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
Question: Can you give me any spoilers on The Walking Dead? —Nancy

Ausiello: I had to watch the first six minutes of the Season 5 premiere with a Trapper Keeper in front of my face — it was that gruesome. I’m shocked AMC’s Standards and Practices signed off on it, to be honest. In related news, click here for my in-depth 140-character review of the episode.

http://tvline.com/2014/09/30/the-vampire-diaries-season-6-spoilers-elena-kiss/

I am dying for some Walking Dead scoop. Got anything? — Matt

This season certainly doesn't waste any time getting into the action! Look for a very bloody first episode that offers some quick answers about the people of Terminus. Remember when executive producer Robert Kirkman told us that Terminus leader Gareth was not the season's major villain? That doesn't mean he isn't sufficiently creepy!

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Mega-Buzz-Walking-Dead-Greys-Anatomy-1087736.aspx

Vance: I need to know this: How do they get out of the train car in Terminus in The Walking Dead? Just tell me that and I'll never ask for anything again.

Well, you'll be able to ask for something again because we can't tell you that. What we can tell you is this: Carol is so awesome in this episode.

http://www.eonline.com/news/583654/spoiler-chat-how-to-get-away-with-murder-the-walking-dead-bones-grey-s-vampire-diaries-more

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Updated info on first four episodes of Season 5...

Episode 5.01 - No Sanctuary
The true motives of the Terminans come to light; Rick and the others end up in a situation.

Episode 5.02 - Strangers
Rick leads a risky mission for a possible small reward when the supplies run low.

Episode 5.03 - Four Walls and a Roof
Rick and the others find themselves pitted against a group of nasty people.

Episode 5.04 - Slabtown
Things appear safe and nice, but there is a bit of a dark side for another group of survivors.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/10/the-walking-dead-episode-501-504-titles.html
  • Love 1

So is Tyler Williams "Burton" the character with a missing leg and relentless optimism--couldn't we have just kept Herschel?

If Rick take a risk for a small reward...is the "small reward" Judith?

or they need supplies for Judith as she will need speciality items for quite awhile.

The description of Epi 5.03 makes me think that they might have been pulling the wool over our eyes about Terminus being cannabalistic.  5.03 sounds more like it fits the bill.  Maybe the termities are just regular bad people.  God I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE SUNDAY AFTER THIS SUNDAY!

The Walking Dead is coming back! What can you tease? — Derek
The season premiere is a nail-biting, jaw-dropping, stomach-turning, fast-paced—shall I go on?—hour that will leave you on the edge of your seat. While I can’t give too much away, I will say that the group prevents Rick from taking certain action that could come back to haunt them later. What’s scarier is that there’s a particular scene from the trailer that didn’t happen in the first episode and has me extremely nervous that the worst has yet to come.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/10/03/spoiler-room-walking-dead-gotham-originals-spoilers/
  • Love 1

I think Rick may have shaved and cut his hair because not only does Kirkman stress that they shave cut hair and clean up at the ASZ but Rick meets Jessie, and hooks up with her. Which is about time that Rick gets some! (Would have been cooler with the beard tho) Either that or he dies.

Edited by HalcyonDays
removed spoiler tags
  • Love 2

Randoms...

Lol poor Quarry Jim (his full name being Quarry Jim the Grave Digger Abandoned at the Side of the Road by the Tree to "Enjoy" the Breeze Before He Turns).

I like clean shaven Rick.  I was sure that the Gin property where they've been filimg for a while now was confirmed as ASZ.

There was the theory that the reason the female cop struck Beth was that Beth slapped her first. 

Not too thrilled that Bob & Tyreese haven't been spotted since end of August. 

Watching the older shows that are in reruns now makes you really realize how brutal our little band has become.  Gone are the days of wearing floppy hats under colorful umbrellas, while some go boating or frog-catching.

Ah, simpler times.  Makes me want to go sip some lemonade.  Right before I go bite someone's face.

• Love 5