Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

Watching the older shows that are in reruns now makes you really realize how brutal our little band has become.  Gone are the days of wearing floppy hats under colorful umbrellas, while some go boating or frog-catching.

Oh! I was watching just last night---Lori's making her constipation face (I guess it couldn't be PMS) when Rick is looking around the now empty barn and describing how they could fix it up to live in. Til she makes him give in (again) and say 'or we could ask Herschel about moving in the house'.

I laughed meanly to think of how the next 8 months would be spent running non-stop in the same sweaty can't-even-peel-off clothing and eating owls and wiping her butt with poison oak and fallen roof shingles-- how many times did you wish you had that hayloft now bitch?

• Love 2

I think Rick may have shaved and cut his hair because not only does Kirkman stress that they shave cut hair and clean up at the ASZ but Rick meets Jessie, and hooks up with her. Which is about time that Rick gets some! (Would have been cooler with the beard tho)

Either that or he dies.

What is ASZ?

Edited by HalcyonDays
removed spoiler tags

What is ASZ?

Alexandria Safe Zone is a community outside DC where the group finds shelter; weird rules, shaving and haircuts mentioned a lot in connection. Rick gets laid. And some other stuff happens, much of it the worst yet. Cheers!

Edited by HalcyonDays
removed spoiler tags
  • Love 1

Alexandria Safe Zone is a community outside DC where the group finds shelter; weird rules, shaving and haircuts mentioned a lot in connection. Rick gets laid.

And some other stuff happens, much of it the worst yet. Cheers!

Ahh thanks!  I know they are in the ZA but I've wondered why they don't all (women included) keep their hair short and clean shaven as much as they can.  Can you imagine the bugs those people would have?  Nasty!

Edited by HalcyonDays
removed spoiler tags
  • Love 1

This is so super spoilery; you've been warned!!!

http://www.slantmagazine.com/tv/review/the-walking-dead-season-five

WooHoo!! Thanks so much for this. Now this is the kind of spoilery review I like. 

The episode culminates with a well-earned, emotion-rich reunion, with Rick realizing that Carol saved their entire group.

I can't wait for Sunday!

Edited by HalcyonDays
removed spoiler tags
  • Love 2
(edited)

Wait...Rick is going to hook up with some random woman named Jessie? Is she just going to be there for sex purposes? Hasn't the show gotten enough criticism for treating certain women as sex objects?

Edited by HalcyonDays
removed spoiler tags
(edited)

Well there's that, definitely, but in my heart I knew they were never going to try that pairing. It's just introducing a woman solely for a booty call and bringing in another female character who will inherit all the slurs and fan misogyny that Lori and Andrea had, and various women got last season - I'd rather Rick be celibate forever than have the show put that shit out.

Edited by HalcyonDays
removed spoiler tags
  • Love 2

Wait...Rick is going to hook up with some random woman named Jessie? Is she just going to be there for sex purposes? Hasn't the show gotten enough criticism for treating certain women as sex objects?

Well there's that, definitely, but in my heart I knew they were never going to try that pairing. It's just introducing a woman solely for a booty call and bringing in another female character who will inherit all the slurs and fan misogyny that Lori and Andrea had, and various women got last season - I'd rather Rick be celibate forever than have the show put that shit out.

Whooaa!  Slow down! That ain't it!

Here it is if you want to know : When they are at the ASZ, they meet a doctor named Pete Anderson and his wife Jesse, and their son who is I think like 8? Anyway he is horribly abusive husband (another one!) verbally, psychologically and physically. They wonder at first why Jessie keeps her head down and doesn't speak much. They soon find out why...but nobody at ASZ does anything about it---because Pete is a doctor and they need him. Without telling too much...Pete ends up no longer with us. Rick has befriended Jessie, who is an intelligent worthwhile person and not a floozie and Jessie eventually makes the first move on Rick...who responds in the affirmative so to speak. She becomes vital but it goes sideways for her in a sad scene, and sensitive people take pains to make sure Rick doesn't have to see how Jessie ended up. THIS IS ALL IN THE GN?COMIC. I have not guarantee it will be in the show, but the show statement about romance that doesn't involve Glenn and Maggie, and AL shaving his beard and cutting his hair at the point when the cast would have reached the end of the front 8 episodes makes me predict it will be worked in...but we all know how they change the comic for the small screen. I'm intrigued!

Edited by HalcyonDays
removed spoiler tags
  • Love 1

I just watched the first 4 minutes of the episode (which I think bosawks saw?).  It was sent by the survey panel, AMC Popular Culturists.  All I have to say is, right out of the gate, yikes!  They aren't wasting time and messing around this season.  No gardening or joking around this time. Straight to business, and it ain't pretty.

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 1

I was spoiler free until AMC emailed me the link and I caved. Wow, that was an intense 4 minutes, my stomach may not be strong enough.

My stomach is definitely not strong enough.  I am squeamish (so...how did I end up getting sucked into watching the goriest show on TV?  lol), and when I saw what was about to happen close to that 4-minute mark, I not only turned my head so I could only see a 'side view' of it (as if that would dull the visual impact), but I also stood up and backed away from the monitor!  I have no idea why -- it's not like they were all in the same room with me.  It was just a reflex action.  I don't think I'll be able to watch what comes next, right after the point at which that scene cut off.

I watched the first four minutes, too, and OMG. I shouldn't have watched before bed tonight. I thought I was excited before! It was great to see Sam, too bad it's not looking like it's going to be a happy reunion!

I cannot WAIT until tomorrow. I decorated my living room in Walking Dead in anticipation. I am SOOO excited it's finally coming back on!

Edited by HalcyonDays
removed spoiler tags
  • Love 1

The ads with the brief shot of Carol yelling "where are they"---she is possibly the walker in the somewhat blurry shot of a herd leading into the gate.

Edited by HalcyonDays
removed spoiler tags

Oh; and last night I found out that the surprise weapon in the premiere episode is "Fireworks"...so I'm wondering if Carol and Ty would find some in the little cabin, and she uses them to attract walkers or blow the fence or what? All I know is IRL those suckers get damp from the humidity and go dud...I guess hers still pack a punch after 3 years (in show time)!

ETA : Aha! Light bulb! We debated this but now it seems that maybe the reason Fruitperson Anna's leg was cut off to cleanly was because it wasn't the walkers that did it; Termites attacked her across the street and took her leg (to eat in the car?) left the rest for the walkers...were running with the leg and the fruit she had collected, dropped when Sam came up---he has a black eye a few days old in the first four minutes spoilerclip , they fought and grabbed him into a car and took the ready-meal home for the folks. Or any alternate theories? That would make Anna the Dale from the comic, losing his leg---"tainted meat"

Edited by HalcyonDays
removed spoiler tags

Oh man, I hate those Termites!    I almost wish the stupid Guv'na hadn't been taken out so he could decimate them.     Can't wait for tonight!

Edited by Mu Shu

Is Gareth supposed to be back? They didn't show him as "dead" on the Talking Dead, and it looked like he was shot in the leg, if he was hit anywhere (and didn't just fall back).

I was wishing The Governor had met his fate at the hands of the Termites. I was wondering how he'd missed the place as he wandered around, or how he hadn't known about them before.

• Love 1

It's great having the band back together (still no Beth, though).  But this again raises the whole: will they all go to Washington together, or split up?  They have too many people to move stealthily.  Of course, there's safety in numbers.  But one cry can bring a herd of walkers.

Carol and Beth traditionally were Judith's babysitter.  But Beth's gone, and Carol's turned into Ripley from Aliens.  I noticed Carl was carrying her at the end last night.

Another practical consideration: if you have everyone in each episode, many people will wind up only having one line of dialogue, if that.  Look at last night: most of the people who were in the boxcar -- Maggie, Bob, etc -- only had a few lines.

So, as much as I like having everyone together, I think they need to be split.  The logical thing would be to have Judith and 4-5 people stay in a safe (if that's possible) place, while the rest heads to Washington.

• Love 2

Is Gareth supposed to be back? They didn't show him as "dead" on the Talking Dead, and it looked like he was shot in the leg, if he was hit anywhere (and didn't just fall back).

I was wishing The Governor had met his fate at the hands of the Termites. I was wondering how he'd missed the place as he wandered around, or how he hadn't known about them before.

I don't think so....If you go back and watch the trailer for the season there looks to be lots more seasons coming with Gareth...

• Love 1

Hey everyone - just a quick reminder. You do not need to use spoilers tags in this particular thread. It's already tagged as containing spoilers galore, so no need to place any text in spoiler tags. I've edited a bunch of posts to remove those tags. If you don't want to be spoiled, this thread is definitely not for you. Think of it like you've arrived at Terminus - enter at your own risk. Thanks.

• Love 4

We've seen the scenes of Carol and Daryl in the previews in the city....I think someone mentioned upthread about a car accident with Carol.  Everyone assumed they were looking for Beth, but I'm starting to wonder now if Carol has decided she's still leaving like she told Tyreese and that Daryl goes with her.

I wonder how it's going to work from here on.  I assume one part of the group will continue on to DC.  Then, smaller groups will go off for runs or what have you.  (Not to mention things like Carol leaving the group -- if that is what is happening.)  Then, there's the whole Beth issue.  How will the team ever be able to stay together?

But Like I've been saying, I think the group needs to split in two, with one group hunkering down in as safe a place as possible (with Judith) and the other group moseying to DC (and maybe finding a barber shop en route).

Maybe they took some walkie talkies from the termites so they can stay in contact for as long as that allows.  (Or maybe Morgan will have walkie talkies.)

• Love 1

Article says she may be playing Samantha. Isn't that the name of Jessie's friend?

I was just reading about this casting rumor yesterday (though I think it was on a different site).  There is also another woman being considered for a totally different role as well -- a blonde actress who has been around a while, and her name totally escapes me!  Lol.  After I read the piece I was thinking, "Okay... which one of the ladies is going to be Rick's new girlfriend?"  (He needs one at this point.  It may be an apocalypse and his wife may have died in an awful way, but he's not dead!)

Correction:  The other lady being considered for TWD -- Kate Burton -- is not a blonde, and she is too old for Rick (I suspect)!  I was getting my TWD rumors mixed up with rumors of other series!!!  Lol.

Edited by Sherry67

Yeah, I'm confused because there will need to be another drama with Negan's mistress having sex with her estranged man (Mike? I'm lost) but Samantha narcs on her or something...keep in mind none of this may happen, so much is already miles away from the GN.

"Get your scorecards Ladies and Gentlemen; can't tell the players without a scorecard!"

Yeah, I'm confused because there will need to be another drama with Negan's mistress having sex with her estranged man (Mike? I'm lost) but Samantha narcs on her or something...keep in mind none of this may happen, so much is already miles away from the GN.

"Get your scorecards Ladies and Gentlemen; can't tell the players without a scorecard!"

Negan is not due on the show for a while, is he?  I thought that someone from TWD's camp said that we wouldn't see him this season, but I could be totally wrong.  I suppose there could be plenty of time to add in more actresses if they need someone else. 

The girl who may play Samantha seems like an obvious choice to be someone's woman.  She is fairly alluring -- or, she was on American Horror Story, in any case, and so much so that Dylan McDermott's character apparently couldn't stop himself from masturbating by a window in the heat of his lust.

Of course, the allure will be toned down on TWD but the menfolk will still find her hot.

The cast is definitely growing, which is kind of interesting to see.  It's fascinating to see more people begin to interact and cohabitate -- people who may have never crossed paths in a normal world -- and more personalities clash as everyone kind of 'settles in' to this new life.  But the larger cast probably means that some familiar faces will eventually die too, and that a few people will end up with smaller roles.

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 1

Advance spoilery "review"/summary for "Strangers":

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/10/the-walking-dead-strangers-advance.html?m=1

"After an explosive season premiere, The Walking Dead is back next Monday, the 19th on FOX UK, and this Sunday on AMC in the US, with an all new episode : "Strangers".

"No Sanctuary"; the season premiere,  was an excellent- if not the best, way to start the season. I absolutely loved the episode, it was filled with so much action (I loved that big explosion !) and so many walkers (zombies on fire will always be my favorite)."......

Edited by LilySilver
  • Love 1

You're like me then, kikismom!  By Friday I am losing it, repeating myself ad nauseum on last Sunday's episode thread, wondering how I'm going to make it until Sunday night...and scouring the web like a junkie for just a scrap of a spoiler!  If this one's accurate (I think it is) it is pretty good, and even if it's not it still gives me a little fix!

Also tells me no Beth until at least Ep 3 (I have heard she won't be seen until  Ep 4).

Edited by LilySilver
  • Love 1

They have dinners after the last scene of the character during filming, not the night the episode airs (as the actor would be long gone from Atlanta at that point).

I've grown attached to all the characters now so from here on out, unless it's one of the DC crew (which I haven't grown to love yet) I'll probably be devastated from here on out. Also Bob. He still weirds me out.

• Love 2

When do they film the show? Earlier in the year, on the final Talking Dead for the season, they said something about how Andrew Lincoln needed his beard back by the end of April. I suppose they're filming the second half of the season now.

Some massive leaks from episodes 3, 4, and 5 are available in shitty TV transfers if anyone is interested. These are big spoilers even for a spoiler junkie, so proceed with caution.  

The biggest one -- injured and unconscious Carol being wheeled into the hospital on a stretcher, Beth sees.  https://38.media.tumblr.com/2ad44a04d65ff75bd0058eefa6b9977c/tumblr_ndr25d45DO1tytjnlo3_250.gif (I had a video but it looks like it was taken down)

Here is a cop trying to rape Beth >:(  http://vt.tumblr.com/tumblr_ndrcduWWZs1sdzgcn.mp4

Here is a picture of his brutal death :D http://puu.sh/aqX6W/66e7863456.png

Here is Beth waking up at the hospital: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x28baoj_the-walking-dead-season-5-5x04-beth-sneak-peek_shortfilms?from_related=related.page.int.gravity-only.fe08befea99df269fe7f690c4f673880141383836 (ETA: this has been taken down)

Sad Daryl returns from hospital with no Beth and no Carol; tells a mystery person to "come out": http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x28axda_the-walking-dead-season-5-5x03-sneak-peek-daryl-michonne_shortfilms?start=1

Sasha using a night vision cam to look for Bob: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x28aj14_the-walking-dead-season-5-5x03-sneak-peek-2-four-walls-and-a-roof-hd_shortfilms?from_related=related.page.int.gravity-only.5e60c5850403572e03a304e09cc57c50141384173

ETA: kikismom, you and I are on the same wavelength; I think we were writing our posts at the same time. Also, my beloved first cockatiel was named Kiki. 

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 2

Great spoilers!  I can't get enough of them -- I need spoilers, especially for a show like this, which can have random, exceptionally gruesome, scenes in it that I might not expect if I weren't reading spoilers or synopses.  I can handle the humans-killing-walkers scenes just fine, but the human-on-human violence I sometimes have to look away from.  If I know to expect that something especially awful is coming -- and in which scene -- I am better prepared!

Anyway, I have to applaud whoever put together the original promo/preview for this whole season, because the way all of those clips were strung together made it seem like a lot of the story of Season 5 was being revealed.  It seemed like they showed a lot of scenes in that brief preview.  I remember the various clips of Beth at what looked like a hospital, and I thought "Well, they're showing us that Beth is alive and where she is (sort of)... which takes any mystery out of that plot development." 

Little did I know at that moment that Carol would be wheeled in on a stretcher too!!!  The way they string together the clips for the previews leads the viewers one way, and then the actual episodes will go a different way.

So now I have to wonder... is Carol really injured when she goes into the hospital on the stretcher, or is she faking being injured to get inside and rescue Beth?  Either scenario doesn't sound good, and I would be shocked if both of those women made it out alive by the end of the season.  Carol has turned into a real heroine on the show -- a warrior, a protector, a mother figure, all of those things.  Everyone knows she is a good, valuable, honorable person -- it doesn't matter who she has killed in the past, or why.  I can see her doing something heroic again, to protect one of her 'family,' and then finding herself in a situation she can't get out of.

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 3

I think Carol is legitimately unconscious from the screencaps I've seen. Apparently she and Daryl are in an accident involving a bus and she gets hurt -- I forgot the original source of this but it's widely accepted on spoilthedead and there are pictures of Melissa McBride filming a scene involving an overturned bus.

What happens next is still a mystery. I worry that they're keeping the young women for breeding and experimenting on the rest. Either way, I suspect Carol will be the big death of the season. Bob was just an appetizer (#rimshot). I hope I'm wrong; I love Carol 2.0: Look At The Flowers.

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/2e/6e/7c/2e6e7cc7baee27f03f0411ab8f3138eb.jpg

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 4

Oh, I see.  So Carol and Daryl must get into an accident when they are chasing after the car that they think will lead them to Beth.  Daryl comes back to the church, and Carol gets abducted and taken to the hospital.  Yep.  This all can't be good.

I think you're right, Mighty Peanut -- it does seem a bit like there is a breeding situation going on (to rebuild society or whatever the reasoning will be), and Beth is a prime candidate.

I think that Carol is definitely on the imaginary list of people who is doomed to die before the series ends (whenever that is), and probably sooner rather than later.  If she had died in Season 1, it wouldn't have made nearly as big of an impact -- even though she was already a sympathetic, kind character.  It would have been sad, but not as sad as it will be when it happens now or in the future.  Now we all feel like we know Carol, we like her and we trust her.  She came from an abusive marriage and now is kicking ass left and right.  I think there will be many people weeping if and when her death occurs -- both the other characters and the viewers at home.

Poor Bob.  Good joke, though!

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 3

Here is a picture of his brutal death :D http://puu.sh/aqX6W/66e7863456.png

So that's Rick's long lost sister; when you have no weapon, gnaw.

The line between stand-out badass characters and everyone else seems to be getting more pronounced.  That makes me worry we're going to lose someone big.  At the same time, it seems like there are more secondary characters than normal so I think its going to be a bloody season.

• Love 2