Type keyword(s) to search

S02E04: Target: Iron Fist

I'm really liking this series so far! To be fair, I didn't hate season 1, I just got bored and skipped a bunch of the middle episodes. But so far season 2 is more engaging and less cringeworthy. 

I'm liking Danny. It's nice to have a hero who isn't all doom and gloom and angst. I think they've found a nice balance between keeping Danny a little naive and earnest, but also giving him more gravitas and power than he's had previously. 

I think the fight scenes have improved from last year as well, which makes the whole show less laughable. The new coordinator they hired was well worth the money (and I'm guessing after doing Black Panther, he didn't come cheap).

I'm loving Misty now that she's joined in the action, and Mary is an interesting new character too though I don't quite know where they'll go with her by the end of this. I'm more interested in Ward and Joy this season as well.

Colleen continues to kick ass and be awesome and her relationship with Danny seems a lot more believable and solid here. I think her story so far has been slow to start but I feel like it's going to explode in the second half, with the box that used to belong to her mother. Surely they wouldn't set that up without some sort of payoff with Colleen's family later?

Not sure what Davos just did, but I appreciate the creepy factor as he's tattoed this episode. Though I did wonder who the heck these women doing the tattoo were and how exactly he explained what's going on to them? Does Kun Lun have some sort of cult following in the outside world? 

It doesn't seem like too many have had a chance to watch so far, but I'm glad I gave this season a chance. 

• Love 4

Definitely think whatever ritual Davos is doing is to transfer Danny's Chi to him and make him the new Iron Fist.  Not sure what the deal is with the three women that are there, but maybe they'll expand upon them later.

Misty!  Glad she's here and I'm looking forward to more of her and Colleen.  But as much as I love those two, they really have no one but themselves to blame for not seeing Danny just running off, despite him practically wearing a sign that said "When I say that I'm going to get some air, I really mean I'm going to go do my own thing!"  Of course, since it looked like they arrived a mere few minutes after him, Danny must have taken the scenic route to get to the docks, or Misty was breaking some traffic laws to catch up to him.

The Meachum family drama continues!  Part of me hopes Joy and Ward manage to work it out, but realistically, I think it will going get worse, and one of them might even go down for good when it is all said and done.

Mary's got some moves, I see!  Also, that one close-up reminded me that Alice Eve has two different colored eyes.

• Love 5

I suppose I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to certain comic characters, though I can appreciate when changes are made to them for a new medium (movies, tv)- when those changes seem to make sense.

I don't see any reason so far for the changes they've made to Mary's character, though. She is definitely a favorite of mine from Ann Nocenti's Daredevil run, but this character so far seems to have absolutely no resemblance to her comic counterpart, aside from the DID. Right now she's just a thug, with a very different back story (and seemingly no powers, which she does have in the comics). I am just not sure what she brings to IF, nor why they chose to use her in this series instead of other IF villains/characters from the comics, especially since to the best of my knowledge, Danny and Mary have never shared even a single panel in the comics.

Otherwise, I'm still enjoying S2.

• Love 1

MISTY!!!!  MISTY AND COLLEEN!!! I will never stop campaigning for Knightwing.

Davos and Danny are annoying and dumb.  Don't care about them at all.  Joy is a petulant asshole. 

At least Ward is an entertaining asshole.

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 2

Danny might be an impulsive dumbass at times but Davos being the Iron Fist will be so much worse. Honestly I've never felt any kind of brotherly feeling from him for Danny, just that he felt like he was cheated of being the Iron Fist. Meanwhile with Joy, although I feel she's taking it over the top especially with Danny, I do feel her pain. I don't know, Joy's actress is good and Davos just bores me. Also, I hope Ward gets more story soon, he was the best thing about last season and he seems to just kind of wander through the episodes so far.

6 hours ago, festivus said:

Honestly I've never felt any kind of brotherly feeling from him for Danny, just that he felt like he was cheated of being the Iron Fist. 

Danny is like the most desperate only child ever. He believes claims Davos as a brother, he thinks of Joy and Ward as siblings. None of them appear to return the sentiment. It's kinda sad.

• Love 3
On 9/12/2018 at 3:58 PM, moonshine71 said:

Danny is like the most desperate only child ever. He believes claims Davos as a brother, he thinks of Joy and Ward as siblings. None of them appear to return the sentiment. It's kinda sad.

It is like that. Danny still hasn't really got Joy and Ward have had a life since he knew them as kids. They aren't the same people he knew and have made it clear that the don't feel the same way.

I get him feeling that way about Davos, he did grow up with him and was friends with him until he left for NY. However, I don't care about Davos. Honestly the whole he needs to be the iron fist is annoying, as Danny really did win fairly.  And if he didn't agree with it then, it was up to the elders to decide who won.

• Love 3

I do think that Danny and Davos were really close growing up, but I think most warm feelings he had for Danny died when Danny became the Iron Fist instead of Davos. Its really pretty sad how desperate Danny is for people to love him, when so many of the people he puts so much importance on dont really care about him. At least he has Coleen. Maybe he should text Luke and see if he wants to hang out? They could both use the heart to heart. 

Mary seems quite different from her comic book counterpart, but I am loving what Alice Eve is doing. I am interested in seeing where she goes from here. 

Hi Misty! Always nice to see Misty and her robot arm show up!

So Davos pulled the skin off a dead Iron Fist to get his powers? Super gross. 

• Love 2

I still don't quite get Joy's over-the-top anger issues with Danny and Ward, but I thought the actress did a good job this episode - - her scenes with Mary and Ward were near-riveting. 
And Ward is stealing almost every scene he is in, also. I suppose good actors make the most of whatever dialogue they are given.

But Danny... ugh. It was almost as if Misty was looking at Danny and then back to Coleen with thought balloon saying: "Really? You picked this guy..?"

• Love 1

This episode bugged me more than the previous 3. It kind of annoyed me how Misty was wiling to cut Danny way less slack then she did Luke in Luke Cage season 2 when it came to working outside the law. I also kind of wish she had given him grief about how shitty her arm is, at least by MCU standards.

The witches annoyed me too. They looked ridiculous and it bugged me how nothing like what they could do has ever been suggested before.

Also I find it kind of hilarious that the Kun Lun monks never bother to teach Danny to try and haul ass out of there when getting your ass kicked.

Edited by Kel Varnsen

So, this is all going to blow up in Joy's face right? Whether Davos, or Mary... maybe Ward? I still don't like her placement in the Season. Like I almost can't tell if Joy is supposed to be the mastermind, or Davos... and who is stringing the other along.

Ward just gets better each episode, again, I just listen to him banter on. 

I was liking the ritual until the three emo girls were introduced. I was digging the entire cutting the tattoo, using Danny's blood, etc., etc., and then they threw it all away with those three... Crane Sisters? They didn't fit my fantasy.

• Love 1