Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: Schwanzkopf

• Start Topic

Wow...the season finale is next week. That went by really fast.

About time Jesse got Genesis back.

I liked Starr trying on the wigs.

Jesse's plan was just to release all the Humperdoo clones into the wild hoping they'd get lost, run over or whatever? Doesn't seem like a particularly good idea.

The Allfather exploding was pretty much as disgusting as I expected.

• Love 2

Just so we all know, schwanzkopf means "dickhead."

The All Father becomes the All-Over-The-Place Father. Talk about starting off the episode with a bang. At least I now can see more of a resemblance to Mr. Creosote.

I guess that releasing all of the Humperdoos means that the Grail will never be able to figure out who the original (in other words, the actual Messiah) is.

Hoover was right, being a vampire hasn't affected his job performance at all. He's still an idiot.

When Starr was talking about the much smaller group of people who should be eliminated with just a few nukes, it reminded me of the scene from The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin where Jimmy names the forces of anarchy who will need to be fought "when the balloon goes up":

Forces of anarchy: wreckers of law and order. Communists, Maoists, Trotskyists, neo-Trotskyists, crypto-Trotskyists, union leaders, Communist union leaders, atheists, agnostics, long-haired weirdos, short-haired weirdos, vandals, hooligans, football supporters, namby- pamby probation officers, rapists, papists, papist rapists, foreign surgeons - headshrinkers, who ought to be locked up, Wedgwood Benn, keg bitter, punk rock, glue- sniffers, Play For Today, squatters, Clive Jenkins, Roy Jenkins, Up Jenkins, up everybody's, Chinese restaurants - why do you think Windsor Castle is ringed with Chinese restaurants?

Edited by Sandman87
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, WritinMan said:

Jesse's plan was just to release all the Humperdoo clones into the wild hoping they'd get lost, run over or whatever? Doesn't seem like a particularly good idea.

They were clearly going for the visual joke there...as a plan, it's only half clever.

It's hard to believe the clones wouldn't have some sort of tags or tattoos just for inventory control. But aside from that, why can't the grail just round them all up and figure out which one is the original Humperdoo. The Grail has tremendous resources.

The clones haven't all had his upbringing, have they? Is he perhaps the only who can dance?

Also not sure how Tulip getting slammed against the bus window she couldn't break herself would have also broken her skull. 

But all this is, of course, taking the show more seriously than it takes itself.

Edited by Latverian Diplomat
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, WritinMan said:

About time Jesse got Genesis back.

I was saying that at the beginning. Clever of Jesse to use genesis.

9 hours ago, Latverian Diplomat said:

It's hard to believe the clones wouldn't have some sort of tags or tattoos just for inventory control. But aside from that, why can't the grail just round them all up and figure out which one is the original Humperdoo. The Grail has tremendous resources.

I think it's just Jesse messing with Starr. It's going to cost time and resources to round them up, and that's time Starr isn't plotting against Jesse. 

I do hope Jesse hangs on to it for a while. No more giving up soul.

I'm wondering if the Saint isn't second guessing himself now. He seemed surprised that Eugene and Tulip aren't actually dead. 

• Love 2

Looks like the series is increase speed as it heads toward the brick wall of the finale. And it is glorious.

Kinda wish Allfather could have stuck around and leaned into the canon. Now . . . exploding all over the room after recieving? I can live with that. And the scramble for Jesse's soul bits that fell out of Allfather's lower intestine, as "Joy To The World" plays in the background? Also awesome. Jesse dealing with the Humperdoos . . . . I thought he'd make him "normal." But since this is a show based off Garth Ennis's writing, and the Humperdoos are basically the Eminem clones in the video "The Real Slim Shady," having them wander away works just as well.

Not really getting the route from Earth to Hell, in the sense that any escape from the bus could've landed those people in limbo. Or purgatory. Or another universe. Tulip's plans with the blueprints were a cute touch, including cartoon Eugene with the butthole mouth. And then it went straight to hell. Credit Tulip for taking a hit from the Saint for the team. Did she also plan on "Hilter" rying to bail first? "Auf wiedersehen, suckers!" Oh, Adolf.

If Meema (or whatever she's called) doesn't get hers next week, I'll take Faux-Stat getting his arse kicked. And his followers are wankers. Including that one dude's mom. What a bitch.

• Love 1
On 20/08/2018 at 6:33 AM, Sandman87 said:

it reminded me of the scene from The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin where Jimmy names the forces of anarchy who will need to be fought "when the balloon goes up":

Yes CJ

• Love 1

So, as long as a vampire wears sunglasses he can walk around in the daylight?  As far as I remember Hoover only had sunglasses and his white suit when he came to work.  Shouldn't his skin have burnt?  You know Cassidy is going to start smoking as soon as the sunlight reaches any part of him (unless, of course, the house mother realizes that he's telling the truth about killing the ones who've been turned and releases him).  Just trying to figure out the rules for existing as a vampire, in case , ya know, I happen to turn into one.

• Love 4

Another great episode, now that’s how I want to feel after 45 minutes, thoroughly entertained.  Compare that to 45 minutes of the dull duo on Fear.

Less than a million viewers is shocking, nearly a million fewer than Fear is criminal, we need 16 episodes people! 

• Love 2
On 8/20/2018 at 10:31 AM, Latverian Diplomat said:

They were clearly going for the visual joke there...as a plan, it's only half clever.

Personally, I want a scene where Starr asks which one is the Messiah and each of the clones go "I am Humperdoo!"  And they all fight and trip over each other.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Looks like the series is increase speed as it heads toward the brick wall of the finale. And it is glorious.

Kinda wish Allfather could have stuck around and leaned into the canon. Now . . . exploding all over the room after recieving? I can live with that. And the scramble for Jesse's soul bits that fell out of Allfather's lower intestine, as "Joy To The World" plays in the background? Also awesome. Jesse dealing with the Humperdoos . . . . I thought he'd make him "normal." But since this is a show based off Garth Ennis's writing, and the Humperdoos are basically the Eminem clones in the video "The Real Slim Shady," having them wander away works just as well.

Not really getting the route from Earth to Hell, in the sense that any escape from the bus could've landed those people in limbo. Or purgatory. Or another universe. Tulip's plans with the blueprints were a cute touch, including cartoon Eugene with the butthole mouth. And then it went straight to hell. Credit Tulip for taking a hit from the Saint for the team. Did she also plan on "Hilter" rying to bail first? "Auf wiedersehen, suckers!" Oh, Adolf.

If Meema (or whatever she's called) doesn't get hers next week, I'll take Faux-Stat getting his arse kicked. And his followers are wankers. Including that one dude's mom. What a bitch.

I agree with every word you have stated. I couldn't have stated it better, thank you!

On 8/20/2018 at 1:33 AM, Sandman87 said:

Just so we all know, schwanzkopf means "dickhead."

The All Father becomes the All-Over-The-Place Father. Talk about starting off the episode with a bang. At least I now can see more of a resemblance to Mr. Creosote.

I guess that releasing all of the Humperdoos means that the Grail will never be able to figure out who the original (in other words, the actual Messiah) is.

Hoover was right, being a vampire hasn't affected his job performance at all. He's still an idiot.

When Starr was talking about the much smaller group of people who should be eliminated with just a few nukes, it reminded me of the scene from The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin where Jimmy names the forces of anarchy who will need to be fought "when the balloon goes up":

Thank you for the translation, lol. It really does look like a dickhead, lol. I thought the original Humperdoo was the first one they tried and he blew up, so they started with the clones. Is the original still alive? Thx 

On 8/20/2018 at 7:48 AM, Rockfish said:

I love that even as a vampire Hoover immediately went back to work, lol.

And that Starr didn't seem to care even slightly. Reminds me; I wonder if Hoover is going to think that he owes Cassidy for saving his life now.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, WalkerTalker said:

. I thought the original Humperdoo was the first one they tried and he blew up, so they started with the clones. Is the original still alive? Thx 

The original is the last one we saw. Jesse couldn't quite bring himself to shoot him and then, to Starr's extreme displeasure, Jesse dressed him like the clones and let him loose among them.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

The original is the last one we saw. Jesse couldn't quite bring himself to shoot him and then, to Starr's extreme displeasure, Jesse dressed him like the clones and let him loose among them.

Thx for explaining. 

• Love 1

What doesn't make sense is why Jesse's ploy to hide the original Humperdoo among the clones is a good plan.  If these are clones, then they are exact genetic duplicates.  They don't need the original.  They just have to grab the first white jumpsuit they find and that is the default Messiah.  Of course, he may need to be trained in the old softshoe, but that seems like a reasonable workaround to me.

And now I am trying to impose logic on the Preacher universe.  LOL.

Hoover is growing on me. I loved that he was still wearing the cab driver outfit.

I knew Rick would show up but it's a bit ridiculous to have a tank. He should have showed up in a beater.

I was curious about the old woman, so I was glad her convo with Cassidy showed what she knew.

Glad to see the Allfather go. I hope granma is next. Other than Tulip never giving up I didn't enjoy this season as much as season 2