Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

I'm glad they're finally remembering that BS isn't E1 Laurel and that she is the reason Diaz got away. But all this "my Ollie, my Laurel" stuff can stop now. And I'm still not fully buying that BS is wanting to be good. The disconnect from BS of last season isn't working for me. 

Also, Felicity wouldn't need BS help if they'd let Diggle be there for her, which is more proof they're being kept apart to prop all these others. 🙄

Edited by Guest

I know the episode will probably end with Oliver apologizing to BS but I really hope not.

4 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Hold on, is Black Siren actually claiming that Oliver is at all responsible for Diaz getting away when she's the one who screamed him off the roof when Oliver had him? Really? Ugh. 

Also, this means we're getting two Oliver/Laurel scenes in this episode, since he doesn't say that lawyer line from the promo in that sneak peek and is the one to walk away. Hoping Felicity joins her for the second visit. I need at least one Olicity scene if I have to sit through two Oliver/Laurel ones. 

If we don’t get another Olicity scene than there will have been Oliver and Laurel scenes so far this season than Olicity ones. I won’t accept that. 

• Love 4

Thank god Oliver got to remind Laurel that she's the reason Diaz got away. I've been waiting for someone, anyone, to bring that up. Also, that phone slam was hot. 

9 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I wonder if the "decisions" Felicity made to protect her family that she's going to have to defend in the MSF is her ~friendship with Laurel, given Oliver's reaction to her in that clip. And she'll be the one to get him over on to Black Siren's side. 

I'll pass on her bringing Oliver over to BS's side, but I'm all for them having a fight about Felicity working with BS, her throwing his decision to go to prison back in his face, and it ending in "we were supposed to meet our friends" angry sex.

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I wonder if the "decisions" Felicity made to protect her family that she's going to have to defend in the MSF is her ~friendship with Laurel, given Oliver's reaction to her in that clip. And she'll be the one to get him over on to Black Siren's side. 

This is my first thought as soon as I saw that scene. Of course this show will use Felicity to redeem BS. Of course. Oliver will probably apologize and thank BS either tonight or in the next episode. 🙄 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

I'll pass on her bringing Oliver over to BS's side, but I'm all for them having a fight about Felicity working with BS, her throwing his decision to go to prison back in his face, and it ending in "we were supposed to meet our friends" angry sex.

Yep. Also, if Oliver gets on her case about working with BS, it would give Felicity the perfect opening to go, "Well, it's not like I had anyone else." Oliver could bring up Diggle, and Felicity could go, "Sure, if you consider telling me to move on help." 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Yep. Also, if Oliver gets on her case about working with BS, it would give Felicity the perfect opening to go, "Well, it's not like I had anyone else." Oliver could bring up Diggle, and Felicity could go, "Sure, if you consider telling me to move on help." 

I really want this to happen but I feel like they're just gonna completely ignore that Diggle refused to help her. 

7 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Yes, I want allllll the tea to be spilled, but especially that tea.

• Love 3
Just now, Angel12d said:

I really want this to happen but I feel like they're just gonna completely ignore that Diggle refused to help her. 

Same. But you know what? I'll begrudgingly accept them ignoring it (i.e., be pissed and probably write a long rant in Bitterness thread) as long as they don't act like Diggle offered to help and do everything possible to help and she refused it or like Diggle did help and she doesn't say anything. 

• Love 1

How many more surprising people can Felicity turn to? I do want Digg's lack of support addressed at some point. It's jarring that the guy who sat in front of her house because of Slade's threat is all eh, whatever, move on to a friend who was attacked in her own home while in witness protection. I don't get it.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Same. But you know what? I'll begrudgingly accept them ignoring it (i.e., be pissed and probably write a long rant in Bitterness thread) as long as they don't act like Diggle offered to help and do everything possible to help and she refused it or like Diggle did help and she doesn't say anything. 

If we get a scene of Oliver thanking Diggle for looking after his family I will burn everything down to the ground. 😂

21 hours ago, KenyaJ said:

Good thing that Queens are a renewable resource on this show. Can't wait to meet you, Emiko and Maya.

-- On whether there's another person like Thea that can fill her role of being someone that Oliver can't lose, SA: "Well, I mean, yeah, sure... he's lost that person a couple of times, right? But he always seems to gain someone, be it William or - William or Felicity. Um, but, I don't know. I don't know. He doesn't have a lot of people left to lose. So, hopefully, he gains someone along the way. Or a few people."

21 hours ago, way2interested said:

Yeah, hopefully he does gain some more people who can continue Team Arrow too, can't see where that will happen...

DsUKWamXgAIuh6I.jpeg

The third person in this pic with KM and BL is new Arrow writer Maya Houston. We do not yet know which episode has been or is being written by Maya Houston. However, she tweeted this yesterday:

This season's directors and writers, as disclosed so far:

701    James Bamford        Beth Schwartz & Oscar Balderrama
702    Laura Belsey            Jill Blankenship & Rebecca Bellotto
703    Gordon Verheul      Story: Elizabeth Kim; Teleplay: Onalee Hunter Hughes & Sarah Tarkoff
704    Ben Bray                  Emilio Ortega Aldrich & Tonya Kong
705    Mark Bunting          Benjamin Raab & Deric A. Hughes    
706    Kristen Windell       Sarah Tarkoff & Tonya Kong    
707    James Bamford      Jill Blankenship & Rebecca Bellotto
708    Alexandra La Roche    Oscar Balderrama & Beth Schwartz
709    James Bamford            
710    Andi Armaganian            
711    David Ramsey       Onalee Hunter Hughes & Tonya Kong    
712    Glen Winter    

Edited by tv echo

It's funny how much more I enjoy the Siren/Smoak scenes. Stephen and KC continue to not gel together, and I think this adversarial relationship could be interesting, but it seems like neither are trying. The Siren/Dinah scenes and the Siren/Oliver scenes just fall flat for me. I'm glad Oliver is reminding people that she was why Diaz got away, but I can't feel sorry for him because he's in jail for being an idiot who makes decisions without his wife. I'm fine if FS's decision is standing by her choice in teaming up with Siren. I prefer the Felicity/Laurel dynamic to Felicity with any of the noobs (tho Rene has been bearable).

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

Stephen and KC continue to not gel together, and I think this adversarial relationship could be interesting, but it seems like neither are trying. 

LOL. I was just thinking that the only time I ever enjoy their scenes are when Oliver is yelling at (any version of) Laurel (214, 405). Thanks to their anti-chemistry, I don't ever need to see them in scenes together, but scenes where Oliver gets to drag Laurel always make me happy.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

LOL. I was just thinking that the only time I ever enjoy their scenes are when Oliver is yelling at (any version of) Laurel (214, 405). Thanks to their anti-chemistry, I don't ever need to see them in scenes together, but scenes where Oliver gets to drag Laurel always make me happy.

I was never an OG Laurel fan, but I never enjoyed Oliver yelling or berating her, especially in 2x14. To me, that scene highlighted how much of a selfish dick Oliver could be, and I like to think of him as someone with good intentions. 

This scene lacked emotion for me. I feel like Laurel should have been more taken aback and maybe have had some more fight in her. Oliver has every right to be mad, but I hate that possessive: 'stay away from my wife thing', especially since FS made it clear she was going to do whatever she had to. I get why fans love that line, but Oliver is on thin ice with me, and I need to see him trusting FS for a change.  I just think the scene could've played out better.

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 1

BS seemed surprised by Oliver’s hostility. She’s been walking around playing Laurel and other then a quip here and there, everyone in the know has just been letting her. I love that Oliver called bullshit. 

I hope this is the start of BS realizing it’s a role she can’t keep playing and we start seeing more bad. As of right now it’s been straight up redemption writing. 

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

Oliver has every right to be mad, but I hate that possessive: 'stay away from my wife thing', especially since FS made it clear she was going to do whatever she had to. I get why fans love that line, but Oliver is on thin ice with me, and I need to see him trusting FS for a change.

To be fair, Oliver doesn't know Felicity is actually working with BS, BS is his only source for this information. In fact, since Felicity never mentioned it to him, he takes that as definite confirmation that she is lying (because BS has lied several times, as even in fact lying pretending to be Laurel just to visit him). So he's not mistrusting Felicity, he's mistrusting BS, and since she's the one who brought up Felicity, Oliver is the one settling it by basically saying "nope, untrue. Don't even speak about her as much as lie to me and say you are working with her to try to make yourself feel better." 

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

This scene lacked emotion for me. I feel like Laurel should have been more taken aback and maybe have had some more fight in her. Oliver has every right to be mad, but I hate that possessive: 'stay away from my wife thing', especially since FS made it clear she was going to do whatever she had to. I get why fans love that line, but Oliver is on thin ice with me, and I need to see him trusting FS for a change.  I just think the scene could've played out better.

I think he does trust Felicity, but he doesn't trust BS at all. With good reason. And knowing what he knows about how desperate Felicity is right now, I think that's all the more reason for him to be concerned about her working with BS. This reminds me so much of Oliver working with Malcolm in S3, and I hope that's something that the two of them discuss. Oliver working with Malcolm was ultimately effective, but Felicity was right to be pissed and worried about Oliver working with him, and IMO, Oliver is completely justified in being pissed and worried about Felicity working BS. In any case, I can't wait for them to throw down over it. I want 708 to be 5 minutes of everyone else and 38 minutes of some combination of Oliver and Felicity yelling at/boning each other.

• Love 10

I would just like them to finally show BS not having it so easy. The fact that she hasn't been shown to struggle with anything, with being E1 LL or a lawyer is bullshit.

1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

I would just like them to finally show BS not having it so easy. The fact that she hasn't been shown to struggle with anything, with being E1 LL or a lawyer is bullshit.

I'm assuming she will in court in this episode, given Oliver's line about not really being a lawyer, presumably from a second visit. So that's something at least.

14 minutes ago, way2interested said:

To be fair, Oliver doesn't know Felicity is actually working with BS, BS is his only source for this information. In fact, since Felicity never mentioned it to him, he takes that as definite confirmation that she is lying (because BS has lied several times, as even in fact lying pretending to be Laurel just to visit him). So he's not mistrusting Felicity, he's mistrusting BS, and since she's the one who brought up Felicity, Oliver is the one settling it by basically saying "nope, untrue. Don't even speak about her as much as lie to me and say you are working with her to try to make yourself feel better." 

While that may be the case, I can see Oliver getting mad at/ holding it against Felicity for working with her. If this show is consistent in anything, it's that Oliver can work with whoever is convenient for him regardless of what they've done, while he holds everyone else to different moral standards.

11 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

I think he does trust Felicity, but he doesn't trust BS at all. With good reason. And knowing what he knows about how desperate Felicity is right now, I think that's all the more reason for him to be concerned about her working with BS. This reminds me so much of Oliver working with Malcolm in S3, and I hope that's something that the two of them discuss. Oliver working with Malcolm was ultimately effective, but Felicity was right to be pissed and worried about Oliver working with him, and IMO, Oliver is completely justified in being pissed and worried about Felicity working BS. In any case, I can't wait for them to throw down over it. I want 708 to be 5 minutes of everyone else and 38 minutes of some combination of Oliver and Felicity yelling at/boning each other.

I hope it works out that way, but I can see Oliver trying to berate Felicity for working with Siren, while making himself the martyr. I hope this new writing staff proves me wrong ut after 7 years of the same thing, I'm being cautious.

Let me add that I know it will happen, but I will be pissed if Oliver ignores how the team abandoned Felicity. I know the show won't bring it up and Oliver won't know but it's gonna bug the shit out of me.

Edited by JJ928
1 minute ago, JJ928 said:

While that may be the case, I can see Oliver getting mad at/ holding it against Felicity for working with her. If this show is consistent in anything, it's that Oliver can work with whoever is convenient for him regardless of what they've done, while he holds everyone else to different moral standards.

He can be mad at her just like Felicity is usually mad at him whenever he works with shady people. Those are the exact same, consistent standards (Felicity with Malcolm, Oliver with Helix, etc.) of the entire series.

Felicity also can be mad at Oliver for setting this whole thing off by sending himself to prison. Both of them have the right to be disappointed with each other while having the excuse of "it's what I needed to do to make sure you're safe," just with potentially different outcomes, if BS actually comes through.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I'm assuming she will in court in this episode, given Oliver's line about not really being a lawyer, presumably from a second visit. So that's something at least.

Yes, it would be nice if she got her ass handed to her in court. Even if she was a real lawyer, the argument that the shenanigans going on in Level 2 invalidate Oliver's guilty plea is a loser. Seeing her suffer some consequences for either her prior actions or pretending to be someone she's not is a potential path to redemption; an unearned friendship with Felicity is not. 

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 8
11 minutes ago, way2interested said:

He can be mad at her just like Felicity is usually mad at him whenever he works with shady people. Those are the exact same, consistent standards (Felicity with Malcolm, Oliver with Helix, etc.) of the entire series.

Felicity also can be mad at Oliver for setting this whole thing off by sending himself to prison. Both of them have the right to be disappointed with each other while having the excuse of "it's what I needed to do to make sure you're safe," just with potentially different outcomes, if BS actually comes through.

Yes, they both have a right to be upset with each other. But I feel like the show has made clear that Felicity always backs his play, even when she doesn't trust it, she trusts him. We spent season 5 of Oliver not trusting Felicity, and making her earn it, so it hasn't been a level playing field imo. At this point, after everything they've been through, I want to see Oliver Trust Felicity enough to back her up. That's it. No questioned asked because he knows she's smart enough to not totally trust Siren. After his decision to make that FBI deal and waiting to tell her until he was in cuffs (not to mention outing himself and her on TV), he has a lot to make up for. Right now, as he is, he doesn't have much wiggle room with ME.

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 2

There are so many things wrong with her comments that I don't know where to begin...

Juliana Harkavy on "Due Process" | Arrow Season 7 on Set
Published on Nov 19, 2018, by KSiteTV

-- On what Dinah feels about E2 Laurel hanging around all the time now, JH: "I think that's where her arc is really like - she's really gone through a transformation because obviously, like, last season, she, uh, hated Laurel and it was - her whole mission was to destroy her basically. But I think Dinah is always open for growth, and I think that she needs camaraderie and she needs friends and she definitely needs women in her life. And at this point, you know, after the team has been fractured, it's kinda like, you gotta - you gotta work with what you have and, you know, make the most of what you have. And I think she's found that, you know, there's something good there in Laurel. So, yeah, they're, uh - she's working on it, she's growing and becoming more accepting."

-- In response to some question (not included in video), JH: "Basically, she's just trying to stay open to, um, anything she needs to get the job done, whether it's on the side of the law or the side of the vigilantes. I think she's really just willing to do what it takes to help out. Um, she's trying to do it in her way, but I think she is just trying to lend a hand, especially with, you know, the advantages she has being law enforcement." [The remaining sentence was unintelligible.]

Arrow: Juliana Harkavy Talks “Due Process” & Dinah’s Evolution
November 19, 2018 Craig Byrne
http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-juliana-harkavy-talks-due-process-dinahs-evolution/

Already, we’ve seen Laurel interacting with members of the team, but the most surprising team-up may be that of her character with Dinah Drake, as played on Arrow since Season 5 by Juliana Harkavy. On a recent visit to Vancouver, we spoke with Juliana Harkavy on the CCPD set of The Flash for some insights as to what is going on, and what we will be seeing.

“She’s really gone through transformations,” Harkavy says of Dinah’s changed perspective. “Last season she hated Laurel, and her whole mission was to destroy her, basically. But I think Dinah is always open for growth, and I think that she needs camaraderie, and she needs friends, and she definitely needs women in her life. At this point, you know, after the team has been fractured,  you’ve gotta work with what you have, and you wanna make the most of what you have, and I think she’s found that there’s something good there in Laurel. And, yeah. She’s working on it, she’s growing, and becoming more accepting,” she explained. (Fans of Arrow might remember a very different interaction between the characters in Season 6, especially after Laurel killed someone who was close to Dinah.)

“She’s just trying to stay open to anything that she needs to do to get the job done,” Harkavy added. “Whether it’s on the side of the law or on the side of the vigilantes, I think she’s that really just willing to do what it takes to help out. And she’s trying to do it in her way, but I think she is just trying to lend a hand, especially with the advantages she has, being law enforcement, she’s trying to just help out the team any way she can.”

Edited by tv echo
1 minute ago, KenyaJ said:

Yes, it would be nice if she got her ass handed to her in court. Even if she was a real lawyer, the argument that the shenanigans going on in Level 2 invalidates Oliver's guilty plea is a loser. Seeing her suffer some consequences for either her prior actions or pretending to be someone she's not is a potential path to redemption; an unearned friendship with Felicity is not. 

That's what I was thinking. It seems like Laurels whole defence strategy is that because Oliver got beat up in prison that he should be released and because the Arrow writers are so stupidly dumb and write Star City as stupidly dumb I feel like it's going to lead to them letting him free despite the fact that he is in prison having plead guilty to his crimes as Green Arrow which consist of multiple murders, years of breaking and entering and trespassing on private property, years of possessing and using what I'm going to assume are illegal weapons, years of unlawful and Vigilante behaviour and then if you add in the fact that as mayor he's probably guilty of defrauding the city and embezzling (when he took was it $70 million dollars? To pay off Cayden James).

Im kind of over the prison storyline and I certainly don't want Oliver to continue on that plot island but I'm really hoping they've thought of something more vaguely realistic and if not realistic then more interesting then prison guards and prisoners have been hitting Oliver as the how and why he's released. 

Also how can Laurel be both DA and Olivers defence attorney who's also currently promoting an Anti-Vigilante bill? One of these things is different from the other. 

Im not a lawyer and my lawyer knowledge basically come from watching Law and Order but this plot line feels stupidly dumb. And it's making it kind of jarring for me. Black Sirens/Fake Laurel exsistence and plot line is dumb AF. 

2 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

Also how can Laurel be both DA and Olivers defence attorney who's also currently promoting an Anti-Vigilante bill? One of these things is different from the other. 

The stupid burns, right? I'm glad Oliver got to remind us that Jean Loring exists, but that makes it more egregious that Laurel is the one arguing in court. Maybe they'll explain that Jean refused to make a fool of herself by making such a specious argument to the judge, so it was left to Laurel.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

The stupid burns, right? I'm glad Oliver got to remind us that Jean Loring exists, but that makes it more egregious that Laurel is the one arguing in court. Maybe they'll explain that Jean refused to make a fool of herself by making such a specious argument to the judge, so it was left to Laurel.

If they were going to have Laurel argue anything, wouldn't it have been better to have her argue that Oliver entered into his deal with the FBI under duress or not in his right mind because his family was being threatened, rather than trying to get the conviction that he isn't in jail for overturned because of mistreatment? Unless, I guess, the point is to have whatever she's trying not work (in which case they still could've made a better argument). 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

I'm still unclear on the terms of Oliver's deal. Did he plead guilty to anything or just agree to go to prison for his friends and family's immunity? Is there anything to overturn? I don't hate Oliver in prison (though it needs to end stat) but I do hate how they got him there.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

Sometimes I feel like JH talks about what she hopes to get, and not what’s actually happening on screen. She’s been anti vigilante all season, she even arrested her friend lol.

She sounds like KC did back in the day. The character doesn’t match what’s actually been shown on screen. 

I have very low expectations for Laurel’s day in court since this show has never made sense when it comes to the law (or business or, with Curtis’ 14 PhDs, education). And since it’s partly written by Tonya Kong who seems to have been a worse lawyer than Guggenheim, it’s gonna be headache-inducing, I feel. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

This looks like it could be a screenshot from one of CW's promos for all its shows, not from an episode. 

To be fair, those are CH's and JH's default faces. CH's even got part of his smolder look going on in that photo XD

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

I'm still unclear on the terms of Oliver's deal. Did he plead guilty to anything or just agree to go to prison for his friends and family's immunity? Is there anything to overturn? I don't hate Oliver in prison (though it needs to end stat) but I do hate how they got him there.

The federal government doesn't just send people to prison based simply on their agreement to go, so in the real world, Oliver would have had to enter a plea deal and be sentenced.  There's no conviction to be overturned in his case. Also, when someone pleads guilty, there's a conversation they have with the judge (called a colloquy) that is meant to suss out whether their plea is being made knowingly and voluntarily. That makes it really difficult –– read, almost impossible –– for a defendant to come back later and argue that their plea agreement should be invalidated.

Having said that, @apinknightmare is right that if Oliver had any argument at all, it would be that he entered his deal with the FBI under duress. That likely wouldn't be a successful argument because a judge would immediately point to the colloquy at his plea hearing, but it would be worth a shot, especially since the FBI has made it clear that catching Diaz is not a priority. The FBI isn't legally required to hold up its end of the bargain, but the fact that it hasn't demonstrates a lack of good faith that might be enough to convince the right judge that Oliver got a raw deal.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

New photo from tonight's episode:

AR706B_0411bc.thumb.jpg.a5734f6002b90cbc79dac6f613946d75.jpg

This looks like it could be a screenshot from one of CW's promos for all its shows, not from an episode. 

For one blissful moment I forgot there were FF and we'd get a double dose of Dinah. 

I have the sads now.

1 hour ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Aesthetically it annoys the hell out of me that 20 years and Dinah/Roy don't get new costumes. Just add to their existing ones. 

2 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Is Juliana too vain or the CW make up artist unwilling to put wrinkles on her? Basically she just looks like she's put grey highlights through her hair to look cool. Why not age her up?

Same with Roy? This is us can do it with Mandy Moore and still make her look television friendly.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

Is Juliana too vain or the CW make up artist unwilling to put wrinkles on her? Basically she just looks like she's put grey highlights through her hair to look cool. Why not age her up?

Same with Roy? This is us can do it with Mandy Moore and still make her look television friendly.

To be fair this show is more Hells Kitchen than This is Us.

I think the aged look is on par with CW standards. 

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

To be fair this show is more Hells Kitchen than This is Us.

I think the aged look is on par with CW standards. 

42 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Yeah, this is just TheCW for you. Look at Outlander, they are supposed to be like 50 now but look 30. Though each generation keeps looking younger and younger the older they get compared to each previous generation. 

Buffy was on WB network which the CW use to be  and probably was made on less money then Arrow and they could make actors look like this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5F2xxRidH_FSgpzn6mu7

So I don't think it's beyond them to put a few wrinkles on some one who is probably suppose to be between 50-60 years old. I think it's either a vanity choice by Juliana and Colton or a half assessed can't be bother putting in any effort choice by the make up artist. 

Edited by Mary0360