Type keyword(s) to search

Making It - General Discussion

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Refresh said:

That was hilarious! I thought I heard her say Joni Mitchell but regardless, I was loving every second. 

You're right, it was Joni Mitchell!

I liked a lot of Kara's stuff and thought it was fun and festive, but I also kept thinking that it probably had the most wastage, which bothered me. Adam was all about recycling and using found materials, most of Melanio's stuff was multi-purpose and could be used over and over, and Chelsea seemed to embrace more natural materials. But what can you do with a giant foam volcano after your tiki-themed party is over? And unless they've changed the formula (I hope so), I thought foam was really bad for the environment. It just seemed that most of Kara's stuff would end up in the trash as soon as the novelty was over.

• Love 8

I'm glad that Adam won. I thought his work was always well thought out, cohesive, artistic and well crafted. I noticed he posted his audition video on his Instagram, and he comes across as the most interesting person in the world! I love that he wants to be a Disney Imagineer, and there was a quick shot of him dressed up as a Star Wars character while at Disneyland. :)

ETA: Just noticed on another one of his posts, where he's dressed up as the Star Wars character (not sure who he is supposed to be, young Han, or Cassian? maybe an original character), a casting agent from NBC replied and told him to check his DMs. Sounds like they may have recruited him for the show back in July of last year. Too bad they need to find people to be on the show. I'm sure they get a ton of submissions.

Also, he can sing and play the piano. Of course! He reminds me of a hipster Mr. Rogers. 😆

Edited by pezgirl7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

I was rooting for Melanio, but I'm fine with Adam.  Just watching Nick fangirling all over his Baseball legend dad was worth it!  

Lots of great crafts & creativity. 

And if I can pun-quote "Chair", I'd like to "Turn Back Twine" and watch it again!   *LOL*

See everybody next season!!!

• Love 6
On 8/29/2021 at 2:24 AM, Cherpumple said:

It just seemed that most of Kara's stuff would end up in the trash as soon as the novelty was over.

Along with all of the scrap from her carving. 

• Love 2

Adam's win kind of surprised me, but I'm down with it. His shed design was really bright and lovely, and well-thought-out, though overall I liked Melanio's and Kara's better. Chelsea was my favorite throughout the season, but her shed didn't wow me as much as the others. 

I think what bugged me about Kara was that she was working sooo hard to be inspirational, with her platitudes and speeches. I understand that she has been through a lot in her life, and I'm sure the producers egged her on, but it made the fact that she really IS talented and inspirational seem manufactured.

• Love 5

I'm happy with Adam's win - I didn't think any of the sheds were all that great but he's done great things all season.

I may be the only one but I hated them showing Nick's fan boy reaction to Adam's father.  Showing it on camera made it lessen Adam's win.  "Sure he won - because his dad is Nick's favorite baseball player of all time,"  she thought to herself.   They really didn't need to show that.

Can you imagine what it was like to grow up with a famous parent, and then the one time you are recognized for your own great talent, the host manages to make it all about the famous parent again.

• Love 3