Type keyword(s) to search

S32.E02: The Young and the Wreckless 2018.07.17

• Start Topic

Kam and Kayleigh's fate in the game is revealed. Players wonder if exes Britni and Chuck may still have some unresolved feelings for one another. Bananas gains a new love interest and a deceitful partner.

Drama. Drama. Drama. Mission. End. Oh, and the elimination game is called "Armageddon" this season. Awesome.

The big news is that Johnny's partner . . . is Tony. *sigh* I can probably guess how the rest of the season plays out. The two bitter rivals work together. They win the finale, and guess what? Rivals III twist, partner performs the best decides to either keep or share the money. And Johnny, in the mother of all plot twists, screws Tony, earning the first-ever $1 million prize. And Tony accepts this . . . mostly because that Johnny has to get revenge for how Tony did him dirty in Vendettas. If Johnny's lust for vengeance is not sated, Tony will have to hire people to start his car for the rest of his life. Also, living in fear to find that one of both of his babymamas will be seduced by Johnny.

Redemption House can watch edited feeds of those still in play. Whatever.

Mission: Derrick just sucks. So does Shane. Seriously, why does the one guy with so many appearances with zero finale appearances have to talk shit about Johnny? His sun is setting, Shane? Yours never rose! And you had a seven-season headstart! Idiot.

• Love 3

I know everyone hates Tony but I have a soft spot for him.  I'm glad to see him stand up to Johnny rather than submissively falling in line (so far).  Can't say I wouldn't mind these two winning the final and then Tony taking it all.  Johnny deserves to lose double the amount he stole from Sarah. 

I'm sure I'm waaaaaaay off base, but is this show setting up Tony to take Johnny's place?  We see Shane calling Johnny a has been, and then we see Tony strutting in and being cheered for.  

Some of these people are so unlikable they're making Paulie look good.  Paulie, FFS!

I like CT, but he gets away with a lot of shit that others get called out for.  Exhibit A:  The way he treats females.  They're weak, inferior, worthless, and manipulated to be used and then discarded.  I despise Veronica and he's making me feel a little for her.  That's unforgivable, CT.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I know everyone hates Tony but I have a soft spot for him.  I'm glad to see him stand up to Johnny rather than submissively falling in line (so far).  Can't say I wouldn't mind these two winning the final and then Tony taking it all.  Johnny deserves to lose double the amount he stole from Sarah. 

I'm sure I'm waaaaaaay off base, but is this show setting up Tony to take Johnny's place?  We see Shane calling Johnny a has been, and then we see Tony strutting in and being cheered for.  

Some of these people are so unlikable they're making Paulie look good.  Paulie, FFS!

I like CT, but he gets away with a lot of shit that others get called out for.  Exhibit A:  The way he treats females.  They're weak, inferior, worthless, and manipulated to be used and then discarded.  I despise Veronica and he's making me feel a little for her.  That's unforgivable, CT.

In regards to Paulie, you are absolutely right.  It did remind me that I was a fan of Paulie for the first couple of weeks during his Big Brother season.  Maybe watching an edited version of Paulie makes him more likable.

I remember thinking Angela was smoking hot when she was on Bad Girls Club, now not so much and I am not sure why.  It is not like she looks all that different.  

• Love 2

Bananas tried to feign outrage when Tony showed up but the truth is, they're one of the stronger teams now.  Typical B-M BS.  Tony is going to talk about how he's trying to win this life-changing money for his little family, how he's trying to do right by his gf and his kid.  Yet he must spend a big chunk of the year doing these shows.  He's been on the last 3 Challenges and the last two Champs vs. Stars?  Obviously can't hold down a regular job doing all these shows and he hasn't won big money so they must be giving him enough appearance money, since he's made the Finals several times over this stretch.  Otherwise, would the gf stand for him constantly picking up and leaving?

The mission sounded interesting at the start but it was just meh.  It was a free for all and those with longer arms, strength and balance did better.  Surprised there was no more active sabotage, like crashing into others or knocking rings out of opponents' hands.

If this is typical of the missions, it would favor male-male teams, though one female team didn't do badly in this one.

Yeah I have to wonder how much time between some of these missions.  Certainly they're spending more time filming the drama in the house than they are the missions.  Probably easier for them to get "good footage" of people arguing, fighting or hooking up or drunken antics.  They're constantly filming in the house and maybe once in awhile, they set up at a local club and make the cast go out and drink.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Completely agree re Paulie as compared to these idiots.  I keep having to remind myself that he is also a heinous human.  

I just listened to Jemmye on the Reality Steve podcast and she had a lot of interesting things to say about this season. She did not give away the ending but did say it is worth watching and is very dramatic so I have to think they are going to give the winning team the option to screw over their teammate somehow.  She also said it is another really long season, so buckle up I guess. 

I could not stand Faith and Angela on Ex on the Beach, but somehow I am rooting for them here.  It is quite inexplicable. 

• Love 2

With Camila sent silently off into that psychiatric sunset, Cara has apparently now slid fully into that deranged, entitled psycho role Camila occupied. Somebody get a padded room ready for her. And what’s that old reality tv saying? You can’t spend your winnings from the psych ward? It’s true! And happening!

She tells Brad Kyle was a lying, manipulative piece of shit; and also that she desperately wants him back...to bang for a few weeks? Because relationship talk has entered into this zero. Can she really not see that he wants to bang other chicks? And is manipulating her little pea brain right now? Once Faith/whatever other tricks are there go, she’s right there willing and waiting, so why bother until he has to. He’s just not that into you. He’s had you and isn’t coming back for seconds. I would have much preferred Abram be Cara’s foil this season than dead weight horse-drunkface Marie. Cara deserves to be with Paulie, which is quite a horrible statement, if you know anything about Paulie. He’s actually kind of similar in his fucked-up nature as Abram.

God, they’re still trying to make this Banatalie drama happen. They’re both fake as shit and I don’t believe a word either of them say. Bananas and Cara are so played out they grab onto any shred of a storyline and hand on for seasons like grim death. 

Derrick is just dumb as fuck. Like, an IQ under 80 dumb. 

I cant imagine in my 20s one of the biggest beefs in my life being someone calling out my hair transplants, for a variety of reasons.  

Why are they wasting our time with these Redemption House washouts? That is valuable airtime that could be given to Amanda to read these people to filth.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, NickPappagiorgio said:

With Camila sent silently off into that psychiatric sunset, Cara has apparently now slid fully into that deranged, entitled psycho role Camila occupied. Somebody get a padded room ready for her. And what’s that old reality tv saying? You can’t spend your winnings from the psych ward? It’s true! And happening!

She tells Brad Kyle was a lying, manipulative piece of shit; and also that she desperately wants him back...to bang for a few weeks? Because relationship talk has entered into this zero. Can she really not see that he wants to bang other chicks? And is manipulating her little pea brain right now? Once Faith/whatever other tricks are there go, she’s right there willing and waiting, so why bother until he has to. He’s just not that into you. He’s had you and isn’t coming back for seconds. I would have much preferred Abram be Cara’s foil this season than dead weight horse-drunkface Marie. Cara deserves to be with Paulie, which is quite a horrible statement, if you know anything about Paulie. He’s actually kind of similar in his fucked-up nature as Abram.

God, they’re still trying to make this Banatalie drama happen. They’re both fake as shit and I don’t believe a word either of them say. Bananas and Cara are so played out they grab onto any shred of a storyline and hand on for seasons like grim death. 

Derrick is just dumb as fuck. Like, an IQ under 80 dumb. 

I cant imagine in my 20s one of the biggest beefs in my life being someone calling out my hair transplants, for a variety of reasons.  

Why are they wasting our time with these Redemption House washouts? That is valuable airtime that could be given to Amanda to read these people to filth.

The way both Cara and Kyle are acting, I wonder if there's whispering of another Exes season soon.

• Love 4

Damn Derrick is just useless, LOL. 

I don't feel bad for Johnny or Natalie but I do think that Natalie is trying to manipulate Johnny. She let her emotions take over and she did something petty but being in the house, it wasn't that she felt sorry for him (it's not like he was moping around the house over her). She tried to patch things up with him to salvage an ally (something she has very few of in the house). Being the one to cut someone off cold turkey without any communication and then approaching them as if you ever left the ball in their court is nothing but manipulative. 

How is that the more success Cara has had with this show, the more it has damaged her confidence? Why is she so thirsty for attention from a man that dropped her like a bad habit and is now making out with other girls right in front of her face knowing full well that she's still interested in him? And on top of all of that, she's still pursuing Paulie (which seems like there may be something that comes of that later on). I get that she's single and doesn't owe Paulie's girlfriend anything, BUT actively pursuing a guy and not caring if you compromise his relationship all so you can make some asshole jealous says something about you Cara, even if it doesn't say 'cheater'. 

I have a soft spot for Tony after the past couple of seasons so I don't mind seeing him back. Watching him and Johnny in front of the cameras - damn, either Tony is really tall or Johnny is kinda short but either way, the disparity in their heights standing next to each other is something that I hadn't noticed before. 

I hope that the challenges can still be accommodating to the fact that some pairs are just girls or a girl/guy pair while still being exciting (read, not like the last challenge where the final seemed like a lame ass puzzle...if you're going to do a puzzle, at least make it appear to be challenging). 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I have a soft spot for Tony after the past couple of seasons so I don't mind seeing him back. Watching him and Johnny in front of the cameras - damn, either Tony is really tall or Johnny is kinda short but either way, the disparity in their heights standing next to each other is something that I hadn't noticed before. 

According to IMDB Johnny is 5'9 3/4, and Tony is 6'3

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Kangatush said:

According to IMDB Johnny is 5'9 3/4, and Tony is 6'3

Oh, if that's the case then it's a bit of both I guess...though I think Johnny may be considered average height for a guy.

On 7/18/2018 at 12:56 AM, RedheadZombie said:

Really?  I've always seen him treat women well.  He thinks Veronica is useless, but she kinda is now.  Johnny treats women way worse.  But MTV loves him, so he gets a super strong partner, while CT gets Veronica.  And yes, women are awesome, but she's 40, and tiny, and just not going  to be able to bring it like some of the women in their 20s.

• Love 1

I can't believe Johnny has the nerve to bitch about Tony not being loyal. I agree that it's nice to see someone stand up for himself and not go along with whatever Johnny says.

And I have no idea who Da'vonne in the redemption house is, but if she continues to stay on the show, I  might have to stop watching. So obnoxious.

• Love 1

Kyle is funny. On a show full of awful people, he at least is amusing. If MTV is trying to position anyone as the new face of the show, I think it’s Kyle. They made him a part of the strongest team. Barring a major upset or prop malfunction(Brad was screwed last season), I don’t see these two not making the final. 

I’m willing to chalk up the lack of challenges and eliminations to Melissa and Kailah being sent home and waiting for Tony to be flown in. But unfortunately it’s looking like another long drawn out season with probably another stupid purge. Instead of eliminating 3 teams at once, how about we get 2-3 more eliminations? 

13 hours ago, FawnLeibowitz said:

I can't believe Johnny has the nerve to bitch about Tony not being loyal. I agree that it's nice to see someone stand up for himself and not go along with whatever Johnny says.

Johnny has ALWAYS tried to play the loyalty card, but he only means loyal to him.  He's been dicking people over forever.  I never got how he could form such a tight posse all the time (Kenny, Evan, Evelyn...) when time after time he'd screw them all over to benefit himself.  I hope Jemmye is right and doing Sarah so wrong started a curse on him.  He hasn't made a final since.  (and Sarah did EXACTLY what Johnny would have done if the roles were reversed)

11 hours ago, ImpinAintEasy said:

I’m willing to chalk up the lack of challenges and eliminations to Melissa and Kailah being sent home and waiting for Tony to be flown in. But unfortunately it’s looking like another long drawn out season with probably another stupid purge. Instead of eliminating 3 teams at once, how about we get 2-3 more eliminations? 

Can we purge all the non-MTV people?  I don't watch Big Brother, why would I care if any of them have beef?  Or do another Fresh Meat where they're "only" fans and not reality show pros.

But I guess that's the problem.  It is Season 32.  I've watched every one, so I'm now old.  How do you keep my generation watching while still appealing to the young'ins?  They keep saying this is the end of The Challenge as we know it, so who knows what season 33 will bring.

I don’t like Kyle nor do I understand the attraction to him. Cara Maria can do so much better than him and I hope she realizes that eventually. 

Johnny has so many vendettas, but Tony seemed like the one most likely to be his partner because of what happened last season. That’s a strong team so as much as it pains me because of my dislike for Johnny, they’ll most likely make it to the final and could possibly win. The only thing that will comfort me is if Tony has the opportunity to do to Johnny what Johnny did to Sarah.

• Love 2

I can sort of understand Veronica's concerns about CT reaming her out (he treated Leah in the Inferno, as well as Katie, Beth and Coral in the Gauntlet III, pretty horribly) for not measuring up to his standards, but it's been over a decade since both of those seasons were filmed. And back in her hey day, she wasn't exactly a slouch when it came to competing, so what's her problem?