Type keyword(s) to search

Chef Adam: Almost as Good as Red Robin!

• Start Topic

56 minutes ago, reallyjustjen said:

I have nothing to add to this topic, except that I literally LOL'ed at the title of this thread!

Me too!  

Tonight he served sea bass with....wait for it....

....green beans!

2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

When I saw that he served french onion soup, I thought "he's a Ground Round from 1986."

Seriously.   And the guests were oohing and aahing.  Production must have told them to play it up.  It was weird how they were so impressed by an omelet.

I don't dislike Adam, but a fine-dining chef he is not.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

When I saw that he served french onion soup, I thought "he's a Ground Round from 1986."

That French onion soup looked really gloppy to me, like he had thickened it with flour. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Adam was on Kate Casey’s podcast and she asked him to do word association with the cast members in one word. Here’s what he said:

Captain Sandy: Smiles 

Hannah: *laughs* Uh, I dunno, boobs (me: really?) *laughing*

Joao: *stops laughing about saying boobs for Hannah* ...ohhh, oh god what’s the word? I don’t wanna be mean, *laughing* he’s a great guy *uproarious laughter at his own joke* (me: just say SUCKS)

Brook: Fairytale (me: lmao...)

Kasey: Princess 

Colin: Nerd. *laughter* In the best possible way, in the best possible way...I love Colin to death.

Conrad: Preppy

Jamie: Wild (me: what?)

Dr. Jennifer Bergman, who brought all the sex toys and wore heels aboard: Even wilder (asked right after Jamie)

Some other stuff:

He said that Honey was the worst on-show charter guest “to date” so maybe he meant just of what has aired so far. He said off show his worst charter was for the Russian mafia. He wouldn’t share any famous guests. He said he hates how food is overly complicated now.

People asked about his “hiding the onions.” He said that the onion hating guy (that he hid onions on later) loved his salsa with onions at the start of the charter but said the guy said the crunch of the onions bothered him, saying nothing about the flavor but only that it was the crunch. (But the preference sheet...) He says he mashed the onions so that there would be the flavor but no crunch. He says it all got blown out of proportion basically and that he accepted that people wanted to believe he was hiding onions all over on this guy so he went with it. I’m paraphrasing this but it was basically bs to cover his ass, imo. 

Someone asked what he hates making the most and he said cakes. It takes 4-5 hours and he’s not a pastry chef but he’s forced to be. He understands if they’re at sea but he thinks if they’re in-dock and guests want a cake that the crew should go buy the best cake at one of the nearby bakeries, it would be cheaper and better for everyone involved he said because it takes so much time.

The host brought up that in his spare time Adam does a lot of charity work with surfing therapy organizations and that he also donates private dinners to raise money for the charities. The host asked if there was anything else Adam wanted people to know about him outside of work and he said he’s “a very simple person” and “likes to keep things very simple in his life” and that’s a big part of why he travels across country and the world. Yachting has taught him that  “these people have over-complicated the hell out of their lives and a lot of them are unhappy about it.” He says they want all these material things and get them and then have to deal with all of it and it makes things complicated, basically, and if you never want all of that you have “all of this time to just enjoy yourself and your money that you earn.” He says do the things you truly enjoy and work when you have to. 

The interview was longer, it’s worth listening to but there are no real surprises. He answered a few cooking questions for the host too. You can find links to it here: https://wondery.com/shows/reality-life-with-kate-casey/ or just google her name in Apple podcasts.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 4

Wow. Holy selfie Batman.  She is either very insecure or narcissistic to have taken so many pictures of herself. I guess I'm just too old but I'll never ever understand someone holding a camera, making a "sexy" face and taking a picture of themselves.  I would feel like such an idiot doing that. 

• Love 9

I'm in my 50s and whenever we go on vacation I sort of force us to take at least one "couple selfie" rather than our usual landscapes and buildings an animals. Of course we're not quite as cute as we were in our 20s :)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Maharincess said:

Wow. Holy selfie Batman.  She is either very insecure or narcissistic to have taken so many pictures of herself. I guess I'm just too old but I'll never ever understand someone holding a camera, making a "sexy" face and taking a picture of themselves.  I would feel like such an idiot doing that. 

We must be in the same/similar age group.  I.Hate.Selfies.  I would like to think that, 100 years from now, folks will look back on this phenomenon and blame it all on methamphetamines.  I say like, because that will mean that folks aren't doing this stupid chit any longer.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

We must be in the same/similar age group.  I.Hate.Selfies.  I would like to think that, 100 years from now, folks will look back on this phenomenon and blame it all on methamphetamines.  I say like, because that will mean that folks aren't doing this stupid chit any longer.

I'm be 53 in exactly one week. I hate them so much. My early 30s kids don't take them unless my daughter is taking one of her and the kids.  Wouldn't you feel like an idiot posing and either smiling or trying to look sexy then taking a picture of yourself?!  And you know they take a hundred of them smiling and posing in different says until they find the "perfect" one to post , then they sit back waiting for likes. Just do not get it. sit

@dleighg, I don't consider that to be a selfie, so you're good! Lol. 

• Love 5
On 7/14/2018 at 2:48 PM, Rebecca said:

Adam was on Kate Casey’s podcast and she asked him to do word association with the cast members in one word. Here’s what he said:

Captain Sandy: Smiles 

Hannah: *laughs* Uh, I dunno, boobs (me: really?) *laughing*

Joao: *stops laughing about saying boobs for Hannah* ...ohhh, oh god what’s the word? I don’t wanna be mean, *laughing* he’s a great guy *uproarious laughter at his own joke* (me: just say SUCKS)

Brook: Fairytale (me: lmao...)

Kasey: Princess 

Colin: Nerd. *laughter* In the best possible way, in the best possible way...I love Colin to death.

Conrad: Preppy

Jamie: Wild (me: what?)

Dr. Jennifer Bergman, who brought all the sex toys and wore heels aboard: Even wilder (asked right after Jamie)

Some other stuff:

He said that Honey was the worst on-show charter guest “to date” so maybe he meant just of what has aired so far. He said off show his worst charter was for the Russian mafia. He wouldn’t share any famous guests. He said he hates how food is overly complicated now.

People asked about his “hiding the onions.” He said that the onion hating guy (that he hid onions on later) loved his salsa with onions at the start of the charter but said the guy said the crunch of the onions bothered him, saying nothing about the flavor but only that it was the crunch. (But the preference sheet...) He says he mashed the onions so that there would be the flavor but no crunch. He says it all got blown out of proportion basically and that he accepted that people wanted to believe he was hiding onions all over on this guy so he went with it. I’m paraphrasing this but it was basically bs to cover his ass, imo. 

Someone asked what he hates making the most and he said cakes. It takes 4-5 hours and he’s not a pastry chef but he’s forced to be. He understands if they’re at sea but he thinks if they’re in-dock and guests want a cake that the crew should go buy the best cake at one of the nearby bakeries, it would be cheaper and better for everyone involved he said because it takes so much time.

The host brought up that in his spare time Adam does a lot of charity work with surfing therapy organizations and that he also donates private dinners to raise money for the charities. The host asked if there was anything else Adam wanted people to know about him outside of work and he said he’s “a very simple person” and “likes to keep things very simple in his life” and that’s a big part of why he travels across country and the world. Yachting has taught him that  “these people have over-complicated the hell out of their lives and a lot of them are unhappy about it.” He says they want all these material things and get them and then have to deal with all of it and it makes things complicated, basically, and if you never want all of that you have “all of this time to just enjoy yourself and your money that you earn.” He says do the things you truly enjoy and work when you have to. 

The interview was longer, it’s worth listening to but there are no real surprises. He answered a few cooking questions for the host too. You can find links to it here: https://wondery.com/shows/reality-life-with-kate-casey/ or just google her name in Apple podcasts.

I love his granola, natural, uncomplicated life philosophies juxtaposed with him doing reality TV and his (continued) nasty behavior with his coworkers.

• Love 1
On 7/11/2018 at 7:32 AM, dleighg said:

These look to for all the world as Pillsbury crescent rolls!

IMG-4673.JPG

I just made those yesterday. He has the perfect amount of space between each roll- according to the directions on the pop can. I hate those POP cans! Scares me every time. 

• Love 2