Type keyword(s) to search

Vampire Diaries In The Media

I think that is something that has been advised by the respective publicists but I wonder why now. I mean, no matter how much bad blood or bitterness there might be, I`m sure they could all get through a few days of the Finale shoot. Now they can go back to not having to interact again. I could understand this sort of PR more if it was an ongoing situation.   

• Love 2

It was a nice gift ND gave the crew. She seems happy in her new life but it is good that she is still able to thank those she got her start from and appreciate what TVD did for her. I hope she continues to find success and happiness.

I agree that Ian and Nikki are the ones who come off sounding defensive. I just can't with Ian claiming that Nikki and Nina have NEVER had dinner together before and that they didn't know each other well before he and Nikki started dating. Based on the fact that he tweets, you'd think he would be aware of this thing called the internet where you can find old things like photos and videos. Even if you delete pictures from your instagram account, they're still out there somewhere. A quick google image search (once you scroll past all the pictures from the "Nina and Nikki feud" era) shows more than enough images of Nina and Nikki hanging out for several years until just before Nikki and Ian started dating. If Ian and Nikki had just kept their recent posts short and sweet like Nina had, they would have come out looking much better.

That cake made me sad! Even though this season has been shit, I am still sad that the show is ending because I used to love it so much and I'll miss it (mostly while pretending the last few seasons never happened so I can remember how awesome the first few were).

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I just can't with Ian claiming that Nikki and Nina have NEVER had dinner together before and that they didn't know each other well before he and Nikki started dating. Based on the fact that he tweets, you'd think he would be aware of this thing called the internet where you can find old things like photos and videos. Even if you delete pictures from your instagram account, they're still out there somewhere. A quick google image search (once you scroll past all the pictures from the "Nina and Nikki feud" era) shows more than enough images of Nina and Nikki hanging out for several years until just before Nikki and Ian started dating. If Ian and Nikki had just kept their recent posts short and sweet like Nina had, they would have come out looking much better.

I wasn't even interested in Ian and Nina's relationship and didn't follow much of the gossip around them and even I remember some picture or story of them having dinner with Nikki and her then husband Paul McDonald. To be honest, I've always found Ian incredibly pretentious and Nikki is that times two. So the two of them together is just insufferable because they both just seem to take themselves so seriously to where it's just obnoxious. 

• Love 1

Pardon me for being so cynical, but if Ian was the last one left on set, who took that photo for him? And why did he make sure to hold that book with the spine facing out so we could read the title? I don't follow any of the cast on IG, twitter, etc. so just the stuff I've seen posted here over the last few days has given me the impression that Ian is a bit of a try hard.

It's nice to see everyone thanking the fans and taking their last pictures on set. It must be hard for them to say goodbye after so many years together.

The Vampire Diaries' Zach Roerig Teases Matt's "Emotionally Charged" Reunion with Vicki

My biggest takeaway from that link was

Spoiler

Damn it, is that Sybil in one of the pictures? I thought we were finally rid of her and now I have to see her in flashbacks? Ugh.

• Love 1

Since it is printed in the TV Guide, double issue March 6-19th, I don't think I am spoiling it.  There is a photo of Damon, and only Damon, on page 38.  The article

Spoiler

spoils that both Jeremy and Tyler are coming back for the finale.

Used spoiler tag in case.

What items does the cast want to take home from the set as mementos? (I actually love when cast members talk about this stuff. Sometimes it's something really obvious they want but I remember when Buffy ended, someone (I'm 99% sure it was SMG) said the item they took home on the last day of filming was a finial on the banister because it got knocked over every time they had a fight scene in the Summers house).

Paul Wesley talking about seeing fans with replicas of Stefan's ring reminded me that there are several artists who have made jewelry for TVD over the years and you can buy these items directly from the makers!

Bonnie's filigree necklace from S8.E14

Bonnie's diamond shaped necklace from S5.E18

arrowhead necklace worn by Maria (a traveler) on S5.E21

celtic knot cross necklace worn by Galen Vaughn (the vampire hunter) S4.13-S4.E15

black triangle necklace worn by Krystal (a vampire turned by Julian) on S7.E12

Elena's blue pendant necklace from S6.E22

Nora's lilac earrings from S7.E6

Seline's gold earrings from S8.E7

Caroline's pink earrings from S5.E21

I know this is way too last minute unless you live nearby (in which case you probably already know about it), but on March 10th there is going to be a free TVD finale viewing party and event in Covington, Georgia, where the show is filmed. It's being held in conjunction with the local CW station. Ian's brother will be there selling stuff and some minor cast members (Luke and Adrian from TVD and Oliver from TO) will be there. The finale viewing is free as are some of the other things on the schedule, but there are other things you have to pay for (like autographs and photo ops with the three cast members). Damon's car will also be there for people to take pictures with.

I remember Luke and Oliver but I was at a loss as to who Adrian was, even when I saw his photo. I had to google him to learn that Klaus turned him into a hybrid. I still don't remember this character (which could be due to the fact that he only appeared in three episodes or the fact that I am just getting forgetful). The actors who play Adrian and Oliver have a band together and they will be playing at the event.

My wife and I visited some of the filming locations if anyone's interested! We had lunch at Mystic Grill, walked around the town square, visited most of the houses, plus some other fun Vampire Diaries related stuff! Hopefully you guys enjoy it! We might be going to the finale party this week as well, so hopefully soon a video with the actors will be up!

Part I:

Part II:

If this is a bother, feel free to take it down, we just wanted to let people know if they were interested!

• Love 3
6 hours ago, xtwheeler said:

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to post the pics, but Paul Wesley is on his way y to Vancouver to direct an episode of Shadowhunters. 

I like Paul's directing (and Ian's), maybe he can salvage that show.

12 hours ago, D. Stormborn said:

I like Paul's directing (and Ian's), maybe he can salvage that show.

I have for some reason become ridiculously attached to that show of late, I think because I find Alec and Magnus to be a compelling couple. I'm hoping Paul can help the lead actress -- she seems to be improving slightly, and new directors can often help that process along!

• Love 2
(edited)

So had the show ended earlier Elena would have ended up with neither of the Salvatores, but had Nina stayed, they were going to do Stelena again apparently. 

http://ew.com/tv/2017/03/10/vampire-diaries-original-ending-julie-plec/?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

'The Vampire Diaries' Could Get a Second Spinoff

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/vampire-diaries-could-get-a-second-spinoff-985076

Vampire Diaries bosses on the series finale, that letter, and who almost died

http://ew.com/tv/2017/03/10/vampire-diaries-series-finale-julie-plec-kevin-williamson-postmortem/?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

Vampire Diaries: Paul Wesley, Nina Dobrev, More React to the Series Finale

http://people.com/tv/vampire-diaries-series-finale/?xid=socialflow_twitter_peoplemag

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1

From the EW article linked above:

If Nina had never left, I would’ve loved to have been able to see if Stefan and Elena could’ve found their way back to each other.

I KNEW IT!  I've been saying for years that you can tell when Nina gave her notice in season 6 and it's twofold: the Stefan/Elena reunion foreshadowing and Stefan's lack of romantic interest in Caroline both abruptly changed course.  And I've been shouted down by my friends who say that the show was never going to revisit that leg of the Triangle of Doom because the show had learned its lesson after the backlash when Damon/Elena first got together.  Now that we know they were planning to revisit S/E and that my perception that the first half of season 6 was probably laying the groundwork for the viewers, I feel so satisfied.  Vindication!  I can't wait to rub this in the face of my friends. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Artsda said:

Okay, WTF? So Stefan could never come back from killing Enzo but somehow Damon could come back from killing Tyler? I guess it's okay to kill Tyler since Caroline wasn't in love with him anymore  

Although the writers contemplated Damon being the one to achieve his redemption by saving the day, ultimately, it made more sense for Stefan to step up. “He killed Enzo; there’s no coming back from that,” Williamson says. “As a Ripper, how many people did he kill? He turned his brother into a vampire and stripped him of his humanity. How is he going to make up for that? He’s our hero! He had to be heroic. He had to make up for it and he did, and by doing so, he secured Damon’s fate: Now Damon’s going to be the hero forever because he has to do that for his brother. And this show has always been about the two of them and their love and their sense of family. And now Damon’s going to be worthy of Elena.”

• Love 3

I don't understand that either. Damon just killed Tyler and they all act like it's nothing.

Even Michael Trevino's explanation of Tyler dying for Damon's humanity during the retrospective special was WTF.

• Love 3

Kevin's reasoning about why Stelena didn't get a second chance screams bullshit to me. I get Dobrev wanted out and that was that but even when Stelena were together the writing was always skewed towards Delena. There's no way I buy that Dobrev leaving changed everything. I hate when showrunners put that kind of stuff on the actors. The show was on its last legs when she left so the implication that having her back for a season would have changed things/made it better for viewers is unfair. The triangle ended the minute they committed to making Delena an actual couple. I don't buy they'd have had her running between both brothers had she been there for a few extra episodes. If they wanted the ending they dreamed up in season 2 then they could have wrapped it up after season six when she actually left the show. It's not like she wouldn't have given them enough notice.

Edited by Chas411
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Okay, WTF? So Stefan could never come back from killing Enzo but somehow Damon could come back from killing Tyler? I guess it's okay to kill Tyler since Caroline wasn't in love with him anymore  

Well, the show HAS been preaching Stefan's unredeemable Ripper self and Damon's heroism for the last season or so. I am not surprised that this is Williamson's thought process. They literally had Damon forgive Stefan for turning him, even though Damon's also to blame with his obsession with Katherine leading to the whole mess that led them there. Also, Damon liked being a vampire by the end of it all. 

4 hours ago, Chas411 said:

Kevin's reasoning about why Stelena didn't get a second chance screams bullshit to me. I get Dobrev wanted out and that was that but even when Stelena were together the writing was always skewed towards Delena. There's no way I buy that Dobrev leaving changed everything. I hate when showrunners put that kind of stuff on the actors. The show was on its last legs when she left so the implication that having her back for a season would have changed things/made it better for viewers is unfair. The triangle ended the minute they committed to making Delena an actual couple. I don't buy they'd have had her running between both brothers had she been there for a few extra episodes. If they wanted the ending they dreamed up in season 2 then they could have wrapped it up after season six when she actually left the show. It's not like she wouldn't have given them enough notice.

I think the issue is that it's Kevin who wanted Stelena back together but by departing the show after season 2, and Plec's insistence that Delena was endgame, it makes Kevin's Stelena support unwarranted to an extent. Because Plec crushed the possibility of Stelena reuniting, it never would have worked. They would have had to kill Damon and send him to his own personal afterlife in order for Stelena to get together realistically. 

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

They literally had Damon forgive Stefan for turning him, even though Damon's also to blame with his obsession with Katherine leading to the whole mess that led them there.

Yeah, that made no sense to me either because didn't Damon ask Katherine to turn him so they would be together forever?

• Love 2
11 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

From the EW article linked above:

I KNEW IT!  I've been saying for years that you can tell when Nina gave her notice in season 6 and it's twofold: the Stefan/Elena reunion foreshadowing and Stefan's lack of romantic interest in Caroline both abruptly changed course.  And I've been shouted down by my friends who say that the show was never going to revisit that leg of the Triangle of Doom because the show had learned its lesson after the backlash when Damon/Elena first got together.  Now that we know they were planning to revisit S/E and that my perception that the first half of season 6 was probably laying the groundwork for the viewers, I feel so satisfied.  Vindication!  I can't wait to rub this in the face of my friends. 

Actually Nina gave her notice TWO YEARS earlier. She litterally begged them to kill off Elena.They had 2 years to close Elena's story and refused to because they wanted a delena endgame

Edited by imaneassi
2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I think the issue is that it's Kevin who wanted Stelena back together but by departing the show after season 2, and Plec's insistence that Delena was endgame, it makes Kevin's Stelena support unwarranted to an extent. Because Plec crushed the possibility of Stelena reuniting, it never would have worked. They would have had to kill Damon and send him to his own personal afterlife in order for Stelena to get together realistically. 

Yes i agree that it was Kevin who wanted Stelena and it's a shame that Julie turned the show into such a fan fiction shit show after he left. I just kind of resent the implication that it was because Nina chose to leave/return for the finale only that they just couldn't make A lot of things happen. By that logic we could blame him for leaving in the first place and allowing Plecs vision to takeover.

• Love 2

Ugh, reading these finale interviews with Julie and Kevin make me extra certain that I"m going to avoid any shows they may run in the future (well at least until those shows end, so I can see if they messed them up or not).

Hearing that they wanted to go back to Stefan/Elena, without any actual reason besides wanting to see if they could and wanting to drag the triangle out to the very end, makes me very glad that Nina left when she did.  It is hard to believe that they cared about Damon/Stefan's relationship as much as they say they did, if they wished to have Elena between them until the very end.  It also throws a wrench in the whole, "this show was ultimately about family" narrative that they are trying to sell right now.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Chas411 said:

I just kind of resent the implication that it was because Nina chose to leave/return for the finale only that they just couldn't make A lot of things happen. By that logic we could blame him for leaving in the first place and allowing Plecs vision to takeover.

I'm curious as to how they would have ended the show if Nina hadn't agreed to come back for the finale.

24 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I'm curious as to how they would have ended the show if Nina hadn't agreed to come back for the finale.

I know Plec said that they had a plan to kill off Elena if Nina hadn't decided to come back (I assume they had at least weeks before filming the finale to get an idea of her return, or else they wouldn't have included the Katherine twist). But yeah, it's an interesting question on what would have happened for the finale and if it would have been good.

Actors receive such goodwill for returning to their show, are there actors who refuse to return? I suppose there is Shannon Doherty, so....

Nina coming back for one episode seems like such a no-brainer. 

I think when she left she even said she'd return for the finale. She even returned to do voice over work in season 7 I think it was.

Shows her appreciation and gratitude for everything TVD gave her.