Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls in the Media

• Start Topic

I'd pick up Sookie's cookbook for the entertainment value and beloved moments pictures, but not necessarily as a bona fide cookbook. If it's written in Sookie's voice, I'd likely go nuts trying to follow the recipe. For example,  

2 and 1/4 cups (280g) all-purpose flour (spooned & leveled)

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 and 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch*

1/2 teaspoon ... It’s that tart, kind of spicy, white - SALT! The word is ‘salt’!

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, Anela said:

I’ve just googled for recipes by Sookie, and found this blog: https://www.eatinggilmore.com/post/deviled-eggs-four-ways-3-06-take-the-deviled-eggs

I know that I looked through the cookbook, at a bookstore, but can’t remember a thing about it.  

Nice, thanks for sharing!  Some of the stuff looks actually do-able with my meager skills.  Gotta try the Founder's Day Punch for sure, and I think the Bananas Foster Waffles may haunt me forever. 

• Like 1

TIL the exterior of the house from The Waltons (1972) was used in Gilmore Girls to represent The Dragonfly Inn. The house was taken from its original filming location and placed on a different set for Gilmore Girls.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
21 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

TIL the exterior of the house from The Waltons (1972) was used in Gilmore Girls to represent The Dragonfly Inn. The house was taken from its original filming location and placed on a different set for Gilmore Girls.

I loved that they reused it for the Dragonfly. I love when they reuse sets like that. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I loved that they reused it for the Dragonfly. I love when they reuse sets like that. 

You're probably no old enough to remember when they re-used the Cleaver home from Leave it to Beaver as the front of Dr. Welby's house,

• Like 1
7 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

You're probably no old enough to remember when they re-used the Cleaver home from Leave it to Beaver as the front of Dr. Welby's house,

Yeah I don't remember that. 

14 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I never watched Welby. I assume they used the second Cleaver house and not the first?

• Like 1