Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: Sonsabitches

• Start Topic

Well, we know what the machine is now.

The action scenes in this show are great. Creative and filmed well. Unusual for TV shows.

And just when you thought this episode might be running out of weird stuff, we got a goat cannon.

• Love 7

I don't believe that's God in the Dog suit..he shone RED..

1 minute ago, WalkerTalker said:

Oh yeah, this is a good time to play that what would bring you back to life question. For Tulip it was Boo Berry cereal etc.. What would bring you back to earth?

My Kids and Grandchildren..nothing else really matters much

• Love 2

Could be, Tulip was trying to kill him in the end. Remembered the order from God/dog to kill those sonsofbitches. I think the sob has something to do with god in a dog suit, and it isn't anything good. I think God is on the run from that sicko. 

lol..................................................., good to be alive, you go girl!

• Love 1

+++++++++++++++++++It just occurred to me this guy is messing with God. Turns out that was lab manipulated soul, not the real thing. This sob is trying to usurp God. That is why God is on the run in a dog suit. 

• Love 1
Just now, WalkerTalker said:

+++++++++++++++++++It just occurred to me this guy is messing with God. Turns out that was lab manipulated soul, not the real thing. This sob is trying to usurp God. That is why God is on the run in a dog suit. 

Yes!!

• Love 1

++++++++++++++++ He manipulated the soul to try to figure out how to make it himself to take control. Well, in the end this guy is for sure to get his comeuppance. That makes me so happy. 

+++++++++++++ here is her vision of God telling her to kill the sob.

++++++++++++++++++++ grandma, the ties that bind. Now I know what that means in cajun, lol. 

+++++++++++++ grandma is a mean old bird. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Had to catch up with the series; the last few episodes of last season plus the two from this season.

Herr Starr = A reference to comets ("hairy stars")? Comets are usually considered omens of Bad Things...

Leave it to Cassidy to find a drug dealer in a bayou.

That damn chicken has to be significant. It shows up a couple of times per episode, and it's always running across the shot from left to right.

The soul-sucking machine looks like it's from the 1880's.

I don't think God is wearing a dog suit; that's what he looks like. Sonsabitches may mean Sons of God.

The fight in the Krishna temple was sad. Everyone was waving submachineguns around, but no one was firing them.

On 7/1/2018 at 8:06 PM, WritinMan said:

And just when you thought this episode might be running out of weird stuff, we got a goat cannon.

A truck-mounted goat cannon, no less. I guess it means that they're not kidding around. <rim-shot>  But seriously, that's the sort of thing that could have come right out of an episode of Squidbillies, mounted in the back of Early's truck-boat-truck.

Edited by Sandman87
Spelling - WTH was I thinking?
  • Love 4

“Let’s check your colostomy bag, Sniiifffffffff, Serotonin’s up, might need more protein, I’ll whip up some more consommé” Lol It’s lines like that I live for, and yet I noticed a couple of examples of poor writing (shock horror), who believed Starr would give Jesse his soul back first time without tricking him? And who didn’t know ‘School Guy’ with the distinctive shirt would be in the basement? I Hope that was just a glitch and not the start of the ‘Walking Dead’ effect!

so all those who believed  Dog is God, are you still so sure?

• Love 3
5 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

who believed Starr would give Jesse his soul back first time without tricking him?

Jesse isn't nearly as strategic as he needs to be. No way Starr would just hand it over. I guess we have spent more time with Starr than Jesse has, but still. I'm assuming that Tulip's little stunt was not actually planned out and he didn't know it beforehand. Jesse could have taken the soul and gotten to one or two of the guards and ripped off the headphones. Or done the same thing in the car. 

5 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

so all those who believed  Dog is God, are you still so sure?

I do think it is god because I like the idea of the show tipping us off so early in its run by showing him in New Orleans. (Like on Saw when the key is obviously right there in the room.) It makes enough sense to me that there's a lot of chaos around, so he left to let the factions fight it out themselves because getting involved would cause more of a mess. Or this version of god has limited powers and maybe leaving was the best option. *Or* he kind of manipulated the situation for genesis to find Jesse who he knew would bring it back to him, which would then allow him to quash this coup. 

Tv-wise it's better that we know he's out there but not where. Because if we don't know who it is, then it could be anyone and that just strikes me of not having a narrative direction to the show. 

If he's not, I feel good enough about the show that they would be able to produce a good explanation that's organic to the story.

I feel a little better that they showed Jesse testing the voice early in the episode, but I think they should have shown that last week, so it would have been more clear why he didn't use it on the grandmother. 

I kind of hope this isn't dragged out too much. I get that storywise you don't want to give Jesse the voice back immediately, and it looks like they're trying to explore Jesse's past with the grandmother. Which is fine, but the main plot of the show for me is finding god, so I really hope they get back to that by mid season at the latest. 

Starr is great - I'm not planning a coup against my secretary you know. 

• Love 2
(edited)

"Eat your dick." "Huh?" "EAT. YOUR. DICK." "Yeah, you just swallowed a placebo. I'd tell you how I made it, but I want you on my side. Don't worry, Humperdoo had nothing to do with that."

Nice to have Herr Starr back, killing Krishnas and generally being an asshole. Can't wait for him to meet Jesse's family. Still hoping Eugene is okay. Well, Eugene is never okay. I don't know if you've noticed, but he's got a face what looks like an arse.

Man, Featherstone's partner Hoover is friggin' useless. He sucks. Not unlike a Hoover vacuum.

On 7/2/2018 at 2:49 AM, Sandman87 said:

A truck-mounted goat cannon, no less. I guess it means that they're not kidding around. <rim-shot>  But seriously, that's the sort of thing that could have come right out of an episode of Squidbillies, mounted in the back of Early's truck-boat-truck.

That never occurred to me. I kinda want a crossover now, though Louisiana and Georgia don't share a border. Dan Halen meets Herr Star, Ruby Jean meets Marie, Rusty meets Eugene. And we would have an inbred descendant of Jesus alongside a Jesus that's a squid. Good thing I'm working a day job, or I'd get to writing. Ball is your court, @Sandman87. ?

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Yeah, you just swallowed a placebo. I'd tell you how I made it, but I want you on my side.

I momentarily thought that the placebo would somehow allow Starr to control Jesse.  Or that it was a slow-acting poison that required Jesse to cooperate with the Grail in order to obtain a temporary antidote every day. (Perhaps similar to NZT and the required daily antidote in Limitless.)

Is Starr so committed to the cause that he’d allow Jesse to have Genesis at full power? What reason can the writers give Jesse to spare Starr’s people and his own family? 

What does Granny do with the blood she took from Jesse and school guy’s hands? The soul removing machine speaks for itself, but a few drops of blood on a cloth!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, OoohMaggie said:

What does Granny do with the blood she took from Jesse and school guy’s hands? The soul removing machine speaks for itself, but a few drops of blood on a cloth!

We saw Granny take the cloth with Jesse's blood on it and twist it. This caused Jesse to double over in pain.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Is Starr so committed to the cause that he’d allow Jesse to have Genesis at full power? What reason can the writers give Jesse to spare Starr’s people and his own family? 

Granny twisted the cloth with his blood on it and he fell to his knees choking/coughing. He could barely talk afterward. He ain't goin nowhere with that kinda blackmagic. She owns the cloth, she owns him. 

That damn chicken has to be significant. It shows up a couple of times per episode, and it's always running across the shot from left to right

Clearly, the chicken is God.

Liked this one--got lots of gears moving but not too fast or too slow. You really saw the kind of ultra-bone-deep crazy Jesse Custer was raised in and with, and yet he still had the mental strength to leave, no matter how scarred he was. Herr Starr may think he's got the market cornered on manipulation, but he'd do well to take a few lessons from Gran'ma.

Although, I do wonder if Jesse really thought Starr would hand over his soul--I guessed not, and he did the whole Voice thing to make Starr think he was that stupid, planning to get hold of the real deal at a later point. But of course Tulip--off balance, vulnerable, beset by visions and memories of betrayal--couldn't trust him no matter how much she insisted she did, panicked, and screwed up the whole thing. These two haven't been on the same page since before the beginning of things and it's definitely starting to show. 

The aftermath tension between Jesse and Cassidy was another good bit; how Tulip keeps demanding to know what the hell's wrong between them, and neither can actually say it to her face, because than it would be really real, not just a bone of contention between two men and their testosterone poisoning.  Cass's face when she's laughing at his jokes and saying oh, I love you was so great, because it's like dying of thirst and drinking from a poisoned well. You know it's going to kill you but you can't stop yourself. 

Speaking of Cassidy, he may have his flaws, but he is the very best person in the ENTIRE WORLD to do drugs with! Fun, doesn't bogart the stash, completely willing to hear about your horrifying rape dreams. "Tell me you are the worst person here."

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, Snookums said:

Speaking of Cassidy, he may have his flaws, but

I think Cassidy has shown he has higher morals than Jesse. He was the one who brought up to Jesse what he did to Arseface.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Snookums said:

Clearly, the chicken is God.

So we should be talking about "Cock-God" instead of "Dog-God" then? And it always looks like the exact same chicken, even in the Little Jesse flashbacks. Maybe Granny has been using the souls to make the chicken immortal.

• Love 3
On 7/5/2018 at 12:26 AM, Nexus8 said:

I think Cassidy has shown he has higher morals than Jesse. He was the one who brought up to Jesse what he did to Arseface.

I agree with you. Cassidy is a good ol irish lad with a curse/luck(?) of vampirism. Jessie is a con,hustler,thief, killer,priest. I think that is why Tulip likes him. He automatically has empathy for peeps. Jessie has to search his soul for empathy. 

• Love 3

I have to wonder....is Eugene going to be really, REALLY angry at Jesse for not getting him out of HELL ?

I would be. Jesse was focused on his own quest. If I sent someone to hell by accident it certainly would be weighting heavily on ME !

Also......I worry for Cassidy's safety : Jody took notice when TC said he was healing quickly. These people are not off put by other worldly things like vampires. Jody also noticed he wore that weird umbrella hat. He IS capable of putting two and two together. They may try to kill Cassidy in a way that WOULD  REALLY kill him. Unless........Grandma really has taken a liking to him.......hummmmmmmmmmmmm

• Love 2
On 7/5/2018 at 5:34 AM, AnimeMania said:

The chicken is a Horcrux?

With all of the degenerate bayou folk running around in this show, I sincerely hope "horcrux" doesn't mean what I think it means.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Sandman87 said:

With all of the degenerate bayou folk running around in this show, I sincerely hope "horcrux" doesn't mean what I think it means.

Just more witchy stuff. A witch, or wizard hide a fragment of their soul in objects/animals to obtain immortality. The chicken could be Jessie's grandpa. In that case that is what happens in the bayou when you po your voodoo queen, lol. Or, her way of keeping the old coot alive until she can figure out how to get him a new body. Or, it could be some poor soul she cursed. It will be fun to find out what is up with the chicken. 

10 hours ago, Nexus8 said:

I have to wonder....is Eugene going to be really, REALLY angry at Jesse for not getting him out of HELL ?

I would be. Jesse was focused on his own quest. If I sent someone to hell by accident it certainly would be weighting heavily on ME !

Also......I worry for Cassidy's safety : Jody took notice when TC said he was healing quickly. These people are not off put by other worldly things like vampires. Jody also noticed he wore that weird umbrella hat. He IS capable of putting two and two together. They may try to kill Cassidy in a way that WOULD  REALLY kill him. Unless........Grandma really has taken a liking to him.......hummmmmmmmmmmmm

Jessie not getting Arse face out of hell is another example of his lack of empathy. Again, he isn't even searching his soul as Tulip hasn't discussed it with him. He only seems to show soul searching and empathy when Tulip talks it out with him. I'm not so sure they would want to kill Cassidy. I think they would want to utilize what they perceive as a gift. They might want to become vampires. They might want to sell his gift to high bidders. There would be no reason to kill him, he is a harmless vampire. He doesn't try to hurt peeps, and even hides his vampirism. Things are going to go really bad for Cassidy, I think. But, not from the boys, JESSIE is going to rear his ugliness upon poor Cassidy. 

• Love 1