Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Cutty said:

Scottie floated it last night but it was quickly shot down by Haleigh. 

I think they did a good job hiding it earlier in the season but the last 2 weeks its been painfully obvious that Tyler/KC/Angela are in an alliance. 

I mean, forget that they spend a lot of time together but does Footy never wonder why Tyler and Angela have vetoed each other in consecutive weeks? It’s truly mind boggling.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Pretty much word for word. I'm still confused as to how Rockstar's camel toe can be flipped into making fun of Sam but all right then! You do you, Sam.

I'm back on the BEC train. Shh, I'm hunting wabbits Sams. 

I'm just glad I didn't imagine that - I was a little worried about the last remnants of my sanity. (Pls don't hunt me.) 

7 minutes ago, mooses said:

I think when guys don't take the lead in an alliance (Steve with Vanessa, for example), and blend in, they're still seen as smart, just waiting for their moment. When women do it, they're useless or furniture. 

Yes, I still think Liz should have won BB17.

Dude full same. Liz and Steve had practically the same game, with reversed genders. Except Liz was assertive. And won more comps. But Steve won by several votes. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Ceeg said:

Dude full same. Liz and Steve had practically the same game, with reversed genders. Except Liz was assertive. And won more comps. But Steve won by several votes. 

Steve won because he took out Vanessa, who most of the jury couldn't stand. That was basically the deciding factor.

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, Cutty said:

Faysal might try to get rid of Angela or Kaycee. Or he might target Brett/Scottie because he's jealous that they talk to Haleigh.

I think he'll put up Brett / Scottie to get them away from Haleigh. Would love to see both Brett and Haleigh go in a DE next week and then have Fessy's head explode while he imagines what is going on at the Jury House.

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

Steve won more comps than Liz.  Steve won HoH 4 times, 2 Vetos, 1 BotB (7 total).  Liz won 3 HoH's, 1 veto, and 1 BoTB (5 total). 

I think the big difference was Steve wasn't snowed by Vanessa, he recognized her game.  If Liz had won and evicted Vanessa like Steve did I think she would have won, but that wasn't a possibility because Vanessa had her fooled.  Unlike Liz, Steve knew the right move.

Edited by Cosmosgravitation
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Cutty said:

Steve won because he took out Vanessa, who most of the jury couldn't stand. That was basically the deciding factor.

Oh, Vanessa. I honestly don't think we'll ever get another HG like her. I still can't believe her shenanigans worked so well.

Like, if Sam's playing us all and she's doing all her nonsense for some strategic mastermind-ed plan, she could be the closest. And only because of the amount of tears spilled and level of complete bananas brought.

1 minute ago, OldWiseOne said:

I think he'll put up Brett / Scottie to get them away from Haleigh. Would love to see both Brett and Haleigh go in a DE next week and then have Fessy's head explode while he imagines what is going on at the Jury House.

But you gotta break up that Girls Alliance! 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Cosmosgravitation said:

Steve more comps than Liz.  Steve won HoH 4 times, 2 Vetos, 1 BotB (7 total).  Liz won 3 HoH's, 1 veto, and 1 BoTB (5 total). 

I think the big difference was Steve wasn't snowed by Vanessa, he recognized her game.  If Liz had won and evicted Vanessa like Steve did I think she would have won, but that wasn't a possibility because Vanessa had her fooled. 

Ha well I don’t count Steve’s first HOH bc that was a total accident. 

But I also disagree that Liz would have won if she had evicted Vanessa. No one respected Liz’s game in that house. And if she hadn’t had a sister and boyfriend on the jury, she would have only received a single vote. 

I just think in terms of social constructs, it’s basically impossible for a girl to beat a guy in this game head to head. Nicole was the lone exception, bc Paul was such an awful person. 

ETA: Also Vanessa didn’t have Liz fooled, they bashed her constantly. And when it was 6 of them left, they realized Vanessa had a F2 with everyone. But when Vanessa evicted Austin, Liz chose to stick with Vanessa bc she really had no other choice. 

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 2
56 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

I know it's good for Tyler's game (right now, at least) that they seem to think he's this poor little lamb being manipulated by all the women, but at the same time it's almost kind of insulting? I know Tyler plays "game dumb" but nothing about him to me actually conveys that he's naive or stupid.

Maybe it's because I know better, but I look at him and feel like I can see the gears constantly turning in his head. He's a thinker and it's crazy to me that so many of them don't seem to see it.

When they did the intro to Tyler, I dismissed him, too, but it didn't take long to see that he's a player. But I have zero doubts he can play that surfer-dude persona up so that people continue to underestimate him.

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

I just think in terms of social constructs, it’s basically impossible for a girl to beat a guy in this game head to head. Nicole was the lone exception, bc Paul was such an awful person. 

Morgan beat Jason in BBOTT, but I guess that was a different enough game that it probably doesn't really count. I find it even more surprising though since that season had such audience participation and Jason was a popular (for some reason lol) former player.

Anyway, I agree with you. I am glad Nicole beat Paul, but man it really hurts that she is the only woman to beat a man and honestly will probably always have that stat.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Morgan beat Jason in BBOTT, but I guess that was a different enough game that it probably doesn't really count. I find it even more surprising though since that season had such audience participation and Jason was a popular (for some reason lol) former player

Anyway, I agree with you. I am glad Nicole beat Paul, but man it really hurts that she is the only woman to beat a man and honestly will probably always have that stat.

I can't believe Tyler was a BBOTT finalist! He knew Alex/Morgan from that. He would have been completely wasted, seeing the game he's capable of playing. 

I think Kryssie's injuries are one of my favorite Big Brother running jokes. I thank the BBGods that we had live feeds of competitions so we could fully bear witness.

ETA: I just remembered when she didn't believe Alex/Morgan were sisters after their confession. Ha!

Edited by mooses
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

ETA: Also Vanessa didn’t have Liz fooled, they bashed her constantly. And when it was 6 of them left, they realized Vanessa had a F2 with everyone. But when Vanessa evicted Austin, Liz chose to stick with Vanessa bc she really had no other choice. 

I think Liz was more than a little delusional. I remember that last week when Liz didn’t even bother pitching Steve to take her because...she thought she was the power player of the season not Vanessa. She was absolutely floored when he evicted Vanessa. 

17 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

Ha well I don’t count Steve’s first HOH bc that was a total accident.

Even if you don't count that HoH, Steve still won more competitions than Liz.

I mean Vanessa had her fooled about taking her to F2.  Liz didn't know how great of a game Vanessa had played, she even admitted it afterwards in interviews, and she was stunned that Steve took her.  After she was eliminated from the final HoH, Liz never even talked to Steve about bringing her instead of Vanessa, and I think that shows she really would have taken Vanessa had she won, and she would have lost in a landslide against Vanessa but I think she had at least a chance against Steve.  The fact that she never even prepared arguments or a speech against Steve is just embarrassing for her, especially when she had so much downtime and with so much on the line ($500k). 

I think we'll have to agree to disagree, but I do think Liz and Steve are comparable as far as their player skill goes, but I think Steve deserved the win for having the perception and strategic knowledge to evict Vanessa, the best player of that season.

Edited by Cosmosgravitation
typo
  • Love 5

I think the BB17 jury just had a better relationship with Steve. Liz was kind of mean to James, Meg, and Johnny Mac. She also spent most of the jury portion holed in bed with Austin. Steve was awkward but people got used to that part of him and he had no major conflicts with anyone in the jury except for Becky. 

I am fully on board with the idea that women clearly get a much shittier reaction to everything they do (both in Big Brother and in the real world), but so far in Big Brother, the only male/female final pairings prior to Paul/Nicole weren't great examples of this trend, since in each case, either the guy DID do more in the house (Will/Nicole, Andy/GinaMarie, EvilDick/Dani and Steve/Liz) or it was a bullshit situation where everyone had already decided to give the guy the money because of outside famewhoring (Boogie/Erika). 

But yes, obviously, straight white guys have it MUCH easier in both Big Brother and real life. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

I think the BB17 jury just had a better relationship with Steve. Liz was kind of mean to James, Meg, and Johnny Mac. She also spent most of the jury portion holed in bed with Austin. Steve was awkward but people got used to that part of him and he had no major conflicts with anyone in the jury except for Becky. 

Still the greatest mystery Big Brother has ever given us.

ETA: Not the lack of conflicts but Steve's random hate-on for Trainwrecky Becky. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 9
30 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Man, I was just thinking of how awesome it is that Paul is not in this season. He was such a despicable piece of shit in his FIRST season and then they BROUGHT HIM BACK! Ugh.

Actually, they not only brought him back, but they brought him back and gave him special powers to make sure he did well! What the fuck, Grodner? What. The. Fuck?

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Actually, they not only brought him back, but they brought him back and gave him special powers to make sure he did well! What the fuck, Grodner? What. The. Fuck?

They learned after trying to hand Rachel the game on her second go-round and had to scramble with the Pandora's Box twist to save her and the like. So they just went balls to the wall and said "Here, Paul. This one's for you". 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

ETA: Not the lack of conflicts but Steve's random hate-on for Trainwrecky Becky. 

He explained it post-show that like day 2 of entering the house he approached Becky for a vague alliance and she shot him down and said she didn't want to talk game. But it really became a running DR theme -- Steve's "I hate Becky" rants.

I still remember being floored/blindsided when Becky is doing poorly in a competition (rolling a ball up and down a hill) and there's this Steve DR and it's saying that he was OVERJOYED at seeing Becky suffer.

This is hysterical:

• Love 4

In other news, Rockstar wants to expose Tyler/Angela as a showmance in her final plea specch. "I've heard a lot of Hilton Head in the bed." Haleigh is trying to talk her out of it. I hope Haleigh doesn't succeed. 

I mean, if you're gonna make yourself look like a fool for all these weeks, I'm gonna want them to go all in and then I'll enjoy the giggle fest that Angela, Tyler, Brett, and Kaycee will have over that. 

1 minute ago, Growsonwalls said:

He explained it post-show that like day 2 of entering the house he approached Becky for a vague alliance and she shot him down and said she didn't want to talk game. But it really became a running DR theme -- Steve's "I hate Becky" rants.

Well that isn't as fun as the stories I was making up in my head. Boo.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

They learned after trying to hand Rachel the game on her second go-round and had to scramble with the Pandora's Box twist to save her and the like. So they just went balls to the wall and said "Here, Paul. This one's for you". 

... and yet, he still managed to fail, in the most glorious voting sequence this show has ever produced. I'm picturing it now, and it's like a hug from an angel. Again. 

1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

In other news, Rockstar wants to expose Tyler/Angela as a showmance in her final plea speech. "I've heard a lot of Hilton Head in the bed." Haleigh is trying to talk her out of it. I hope Haleigh doesn't succeed. 

My favorite BB blogger is basically Rainman at picking up on tiny stuff that later turns out to be prescient. She just posted yesterday about Tangela being a thing. From FraggleRock, it would just be a wag that turned out to be true though. 

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, kellog010 said:

I really hope the vote on Thursday is 6 - 0 to vote out RS.

If scottie gets wind of the count, he’ll probably flip. So that’s definitely a real possibility. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

That was Steve's post-show story. But I think in actuality Becky just really rubbed him the wrong way. 

I imagine there's a lot more to the story because turning down an alliance usually doesn't inspire that much ire. I still think that he was hurt by someone who worked at Banana Republic or whatever chain clothing store Becky was oh so proud of folding shirts at. Maybe he felt bad for the train? I dunno. But it's still hilarious how out-of-left-field Steve's Becky hate seemed to appear. 

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

My favorite BB blogger is basically Rainman at picking up on tiny stuff that later turns out to be prescient. She just posted yesterday about Tangela being a thing. From FraggleRock, it would just be a wag that turned out to be true though. 

Tyler and Angela might not get up to anything in the house but I guarantee those two are going to bang in the jury house. And The Hive is still going to think that Tyler's on their side. And Bayleigh is still going to think that Swaggy is coming back any day now.

As always, I feel like we need a feed of the jury house. 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I imagine there's a lot more to the story because turning down an alliance usually doesn't inspire that much ire. I still think that he was hurt by someone who worked at Banana Republic or whatever chain clothing store Becky was oh so proud of folding shirts at. Maybe he felt bad for the train? I dunno. But it's still hilarious how out-of-left-field Steve's Becky hate seemed to appear. 

Abercrombie and Fitch was the store where she was floor manager or something. 

The craziest thing was in exit interviews I remember Becky saying that she thought she had a good relationship with Steve. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

I just wish we could see the Hive’s genuine reactions to hearing that Level 6 not only exists but have been operating since the very beginning. They’ve given good Shocked Face at almost every eviction, so I have to imagine it would be a good reaction upon learning how outplayed they really were. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

Brett is 100% the one this season that threw me. I usually have a good nose for how people are going to be based on the pre-game interviews, but every once in a blue moon, someone turns out nothing like I was expecting.

Brett is that random blue moon.

Blue Moon Brett.

I'm really glad I went against my instinct pre-feeds with Brett and chose him for my Fantasy Team. I hoped that he'd be the dark horse, and I'm so glad I was right.

1 hour ago, HartofDixie said:

People better be saving this clip for when The Hive get out of sequester in September. Scottie is gonna be smacking himself.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

Have they just given up on HNs? I hope so, it's so pointless anyway.

I assume that there were no HNs because it'll be an endurance HoH. Is 8 too many for Teacups/Slip and Slide?

3 minutes ago, Irishsecra said:

Saw on Jokers that Rockstar told Sam to tell everyone that she is voting out Rockstar to confuse the Hacker.

and that she wants to put up Tyler and Angela if she wins HOH

lol

RS has such a bad read. On literally everything. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I assume that there were no HNs because it'll be an endurance HoH. Is 8 too many for Teacups/Slip and Slide?

Oh maybe. I don't remember them usually not having HNs before endurance hohs but I choose to believe you are right about this and that the next HOH will be slip & slide. I need something to look forward to!

• Love 1

I guess her "What if I decide I want to stay?" comment to herself a couple nights ago was because she's been requesting about leaving to the DR. I thought she'd seemed a lot better lately, but maybe she's just at peace with possibly going.

Just now, Brian Cronin said:

Huh... great question. I tentatively pick Jordan. She was a recruit, right?

Oh, wait, wasn't Josh crazy emotional at one point?

That's a good guess! I've blocked BB19 out of my mind already.

If she does go, we're getting a returning juror, huh? And this season had such potential.

• Love 1

Yay!  Page 300!  ?

Boo!  To the thought of Sam leaving.  ?

Color me bummed if she goes.  But if she needs help, she needs help.  Also, I have to remember that I am just a casual watcher who reads spoilers, forums, tweets, and so on.

I probably don’t see all the stuff you guys see and I don’t get the full impact of what’s going on with her behavior unless I’m watching a video that someone shares.

39 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Tyler and Angela might not get up to anything in the house but I guarantee those two are going to bang in the jury house. And The Hive is still going to think that Tyler's on their side. And Bayleigh is still going to think that Swaggy is coming back any day now.

1kabillion percent, with the proviso that I'm obviously hoping at least Tyler doesn't land in the jury house. But if Fayleigh get there, she is definitely climbing him like a tree. (And I will give her an atta girl when she admits to it down the road!) 

Re the DOR potential for recruits, how long would it take for a prospect to watch a full season* of episodes, plus read that season's live feed thread here*? Surely TPTB could make that happen, with backup(s) in place, in case of meltdown? 

*1 a relatively reasonable season, so not 8 or 15 horrorshows. 

*2 this board is mean, as deserved, without descending into sociopathy, compared to say, Twitter or Reddit. And this is my first season actually commenting, so it's not just voting for the home team. 

• Love 1

I do think when Rockstar leaves it will be hard for Sam. She is the person she has been the closest to for the last two weeks. I imagine she will try to lean on Kaycee or JC for someone to talk to. I don’t see her getting closer to Hay or Fessy or Scottie. Maybe Angela, they were close before Bays eviction.

Edited by Irishsecra
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

I never thought it was random, I thought Steve was jealous of her friendship with Jmac and wanted him all to himself.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Huh... great question. I tentatively pick Jordan. She was a recruit, right?

Oh, wait, wasn't Josh crazy emotional at one point?

It was apparently Josh. Vegas apparently tweeted last year that Josh was almost the second person to DOR pre-feeds. 

• Love 9