Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, JediDVguy said:

Unpopular opinion #1: I’m all for Angela’s rapid ascent to stone cold bitch status. After all, they make the best Big Brother heroes and villains! See also: BB3 Danielle, BB5 Diane, BB6 Janelle, BB8 Jen, BB15 Aaryn, etc.

Unpopular opinion #2: The houseguests this season are positively lovely. If you disagree, I kindly direct you to watch BB2, BB4, BB8, BB9, BB11, BB12, BB15, BB18, or BB19.

I really just can’t put my finger on it, but this season is bringing me so much JOY! Maybe it’s just a stark contrast to last year when every week just left me more depressed than the last. They all seemed to go so personal last year; whereas, this group mostly keeps it all game related. 

• Love 17

BB HGs are never going to be perfect little angels. It just isn't going to happen. So seasons like this are about as good as it will ever get. I'm loving it. 

And yeah, if Angela wants to go stone cold villain and win her way to the end, good for her. I don't see any way that it will actually work, but good for her for trying. Jun she is not. 

One interesting thing is that truly smart people who are not antisocial nerds tend to do really well on BB. Jun, Vanessa, Dan, Will, it is clear that being an intelligent person gives you a real leg up on the morons that they typically cast, which is why I don't think it's fair to knock Tyler as being able to snow morons, as they're ALWAYS morons. I would never have given Derrick shit for snowing the morons of BB16 if BB hadn't just added way too many advantages to him on TOP of him being good at snowing morons (plus, of course, he never would have done as well as he did had Devin not pulled in Christine, which Derrick was adamantly AGAINST and it ended up being one of the best thing that happened to Derrick that season). 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, zorak said:

Angela says she was taught not to cry in front of anyone, to not talk about her emotions, to bottle everything.  It explains why she's so cold I guess.  

Also keep in mind: Angela works in the modeling world, which (a) is extremely competitive and (b) celebrates the UberBitch as the highest pinnacle to which one can hope to aspire.  Only the top in her field are accorded the privilege of throwing such attitude and getting away with it - and should one attain such status, one regularly asserts it.  Cutting remarks, backstabbing and sabotage are probably a normal day at work for Angela, so her concept of what constitutes a “normal” level of socially acceptable bitchiness is probably light-years more intense than that of mainstream society.  I wouldn’t be surprised if Angela’s modeling compatriots are cheering her on for the exact same displays which have taken many of us so aback.

Not presented as an excuse - just a possible explanation.

• Love 5

Count me in on the “BB is fun again” train. Five straight weeks of blindsides is unprecented. I remember getting excited if it happened twice a season. I love that L6 don’t seem to give an eff about house voting or ~getting blood on their hands. They just straight up lie about everything to everyone but each other. And the Hive, god bless them, are so so bad at this game but it’s still fun to watch them twist themselves into knots over which one of them is a liar. 

• Love 20
12 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

BB HGs are never going to be perfect little angels. It just isn't going to happen. So seasons like this are about as good as it will ever get. I'm loving it. 

And yeah, if Angela wants to go stone cold villain and win her way to the end, good for her. I don't see any way that it will actually work, but good for her for trying. Jun she is not. 

One interesting thing is that truly smart people who are not antisocial nerds tend to do really well on BB. Jun, Vanessa, Dan, Will, it is clear that being an intelligent person gives you a real leg up on the morons that they typically cast, which is why I don't think it's fair to knock Tyler as being able to snow morons, as they're ALWAYS morons. I would never have given Derrick shit for snowing the morons of BB16 if BB hadn't just added way too many advantages to him on TOP of him being good at snowing morons (plus, of course, he never would have done as well as he did had Devin not pulled in Christine, which Derrick was adamantly AGAINST and it ended up being one of the best thing that happened to Derrick that season). 

Agreed. 

I think one of the things Tyler is good at- is that he seems to mimic his behavior to fit whom he is speaking to. He knows what the person he is speaking to wants to hear- what kind of reaction they want- how to play off their emotions and feelings. That's such a good trait to have in the BB house. His interactions with JC are completely different with how he interacts with Sam. 

Also how he speaks to people- you can tell whom he trusts or doesn't trust by him playing up the "surfer" bro persona and voice. If you watch how he talks to Scottie and then watch how he talks to Kaycee it's different. 

I kind of love how he's really smart- but he is the "surfer" guy casting type so he kind of plays that up, which is a smart move on his part. Obviously his Level 6 alliance knows he's not stupid- but that's fine. He can't have everyone thinking he's dumb- because then that's going to be a hard sell if he's in F2- he needs those people in Jury advocating for him, for the other side to realize wow I was really snowed- good on Tyler. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Cutty said:

This encapsulates why I'm not a huge fan of this season. 

I have a hard time crediting Tyler and his side because their lies are so transparent and obvious. It's not even good gameplay, it's just the same group of idiots believing the very obvious lies from the other side. 

The idea that anyone in their right mind would believe that Brett is in a secret alliance with Rockpile is so utterly preposterous and moronic that it makes me question whether the show is entirely scripted.  

To me that’s why it’s so great. The Hive is so stupid! 

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Also keep in mind: Angela works in the modeling world, which (a) is extremely competitive and (b) celebrates the UberBitch as the highest pinnacle to which one can hope to aspire.  Only the top in her field are accorded the privilege of throwing such attitude and getting away with it - and should one attain such status, one regularly asserts it.  Cutting remarks, backstabbing and sabotage are probably a normal day at work for Angela, so her concept of what constitutes a “normal” level of socially acceptable bitchiness is probably light-years more intense than that of mainstream society.  I wouldn’t be surprised if Angela’s modeling compatriots are cheering her on for the exact same displays which have taken many of us so aback.

She’s also a competitive athlete (pole vaulter!) and that would require a fair amount of stoicism and self-control.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, Gummo said:

I still don't understand why the whole house went along with Paul's psychological torture tactics. It was unnecessary and sadistic and not fun to watch at all. And when Josh literally spent days banging pots and pans, that shit is right out of the CIA torture handbook; I fantasized about pounding his face into hamburger after 5 minutes of that nonsense and I wasn't even there.

You can thank Production for that:

• Bringing in Paul as a sole returning vet immediately identified him as Someone Special - a perception instantly supported with Paul’s ability to personally identify individual “mainstream” HGs for selective immunity (the “Friendship” bracelets).
  • Paul immediately receiving a solid month of immunity in the House unequivocally communicated to the rest of the House his status as a Production favorite, and made him someone with whom it just made good sense to align - any continued Production protection of their pet would necessarily extend in some degree to his allies as well.  It also allowed Paul to pursue any course of action he desired to individually target any perceived opponents for elimination, with zero fear of any retaliatory blowback.
  • In the same vein, allowing Paul to be the unquestioned leader of his fledgling cadre made simple good sense as well; he was a vet, and also the only HG who could stick their head up above the rest of the pack without fear of it getting chopped off.  Doing so, however, fostered dependence on both Paul’s gameplay AND his largesse.  

In effect, Production manufactured an atmosphere where sucking up to Paul was not only encouraged, it was actively rewarded - so blame them.  :>

• Love 15

Oh yeah, I can totally see Angela absolutely being raised to be a cutthroat killer. Think about Michael Jordan. The guy was a complete asshole, but that competitiveness also probably helped him excel at basketball. Angela's competitiveness has always served her well in her sport and in modeling. She realized early on that it was a detriment to her BB game and she pulled back, but now that there are less people, she's bringing it back out.

1 minute ago, Nashville said:

In effect, Production manufactured an atmosphere where sucking up to Paul was not only encouraged, it was actively rewarded - so blame them.  :>

I always do. :)

• Love 6
14 hours ago, green said:

This is really funny.

I have a vague memory.  Maybe you hardcore viewers can help me: 

On Season 1 I remember something came up via production maybe the house guests didn't like collectively and Chicken George almost talked the remaining house guests into all of them getting up and walking out of the house and compound. 

I thought then wow this is the exciting thing about live reality TV.  The puppets can just up and cut the stings from their puppet masters and just walk out.  Kind of like the old anti-war poster "What if they gave a war and no one came."  Except here it would be "What if they put on a live reality TV show and everyone just walked out."  It was like start the revolution time.

There was a LOT of buzz online too for a couple of days wondering if this would actually happen.  Alas, producers are producers and reality contestants are their minions so nothing came of it.  But it was pretty exciting back in those early day because it had the feel of anything can happen on this show.  Not so much now so while Sam is saying crazy stuff I do kind of tip my cap to her for going totally off script.

From the Internet Archive WayBack Machine (half way down on the right side of the page):

https://web.archive.org/web/20140302225210/http://attwx.com/bb1.shtml

George has an epiphany: "BB was trying to break us all apart. If we all walk out as one, we are all winners. This rule book, you might as well wipe your butt on it. We ALL have to go, but I'll bet we walk out as winners"

Proud Shameful superfan here who has watched BB since Season 1 but can't remember most of it!  Thank you to all the live feeders for your dedication, insight and humor!

• Love 9
3 hours ago, TimWil said:

Someone needs to clue in Rachel that there’s no way she’ll get to deliver her speech to Angela. The segment with the pre-jury on Finale Night will no doubt be all about Swaggy and Bayleigh’s showmance and Winston and Brett’s bromance.

I am now actively rooting for production to let her speak. DO IT, PRODUCTION. 

• Love 8

Rachel's Off the Block with Ross and Marissa just came across my Facebook feed so I figured I would watch it while the feeds are down with the Hacker Comp.

That motherfucking Lisa Frank acid trip Frankie Grande is there instead of Ross. I don't know if I can do this. I want to hear what Rachel has to say so badly but Frankie Grande? Two seconds of him wiggling and dancing in his seat was enough for me. 

ETA: I skipped ahead to when Rachel comes out and instead got Frankie twerking in my face. You guys. The things I put myself through for this addiction.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 19

Also, of all the evicted HGs, the only one who seems super bitter still is Swaggy. Winston, Kaitlyn, and Rachel have all taken it in stride. And IMO they have reasons to be the most bitter since their closest allies all evicted them. But it’s just another example of why I like this cast so much. It reminds me of when Audrey was evicted and she embraced the blanket/sunglasses meme. 

• Love 4

I sat through the Rachel bit on Off The Block, which is as much as I could tolerate. Don't bother, you don't learn anything new besides the fact that Rachel doesn't know to check her armpits in a mirror before she goes on camera because poor girl had white deodorant just caked under her arms in clumps and streaks. 

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

Also, of all the evicted HGs, the only one who seems super bitter still is Swaggy. Winston, Kaitlyn, and Rachel have all taken it in stride. And IMO they have reasons to be the most bitter since their closest allies all evicted them. But it’s just another example of why I like this cast so much. It reminds me of when Audrey was evicted and she embraced the blanket/sunglasses meme. 

He totally is- I watched a few minutes of Winston & Kaitlyn together on Instagram Live yesterday I guess before the live show (I didn't watch as I'm a west-coaster)- and they both said that Swaggy won't talk to them. 

Talk about someone who is a sore loser. It's a game, you got played. Deal with it. It's not that serious. 

Also, I didn't say this yesterday because I didn't get to watch the episode until later- was it really necessary for that Swaggy goes and visits Bay's parents segment. So freaking dumb. So much stuff going on in the house. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 12

I wish I liked Tyler because I wanna like this season but I just can not fully like it and I've realized it's because I just can't stand Tyler. @Vixenstud gets it!

Ugh, this stupid new comp bringing day long feeds blackouts is so annoying. I'm glad it's only for 2 weeks. But also, it only being 2 weeks is stupid lol. What even is the point of this?

• Love 4
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

Ugh, this stupid new comp bringing day long feeds blackouts is so annoying. I'm glad it's only for 2 weeks. But also, it only being 2 weeks is stupid lol. What even is the point of this?

You feedsters should start pestering CBS for a prorated rebate; the feeds were advertised as “24/7 Live Access”, after all....  :>

• Love 3

To hand Frank Tyler the win in the Roadkill Hacker Comp?

I honestly have no idea. There's a ridiculous amount of powers floating around this season. The next two or so weeks are going to be so messy. It's going to be like Cody's first HoH last season when he burned through five nominations.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

To hand Frank Tyler the win in the Roadkill Hacker Comp?

LMAO! I mean!

I just need more info on this. I mean is the winner really getting the power to do all 3 of these things? That's so excessive. Also, do they have to do them all or can they pick and choose what they want to do?

• Love 4

I just need more info on this. I mean is the winner really getting the power to do all 3 of these things? That's so excessive. Also, do they have to do them all or can they pick and choose what they want to do?

I can't see it being all three. It's gotta be one. All three things is a bit too much. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I personally think any one of the three should be sufficient, especially if there’s any way to keep the one chosen anonymous - but TPTB do have a history of fucking up this kind of shit, so....

Edited by Nashville
Typo

Feeds are back after 2 hours and 40 minutes. That was short.

Sam is already bitching that "we're all going to be staring at each other because we won't know who it was because it's anonymous" like get over the fact that people are playing Big Brother and you want summer camp.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

Tyler: "Do you really think whoever won it is going to tell the HoH?"
Brett: "Not a chance."
Tyler: "Yeah. Not a chance."

People are saying Faysal looked happy but I haven't noticed myself yet.

Bayleigh seems upbeat, but it could just be that she’s not on the block. Tyler also seems smiley but he could be playing me too :D 

Just now, Ceeg said:

Bayleigh seems upbeat, but it could just be that she’s not on the block. Tyler also seems smiley but he could be playing me too :D 

Brett looks like someone just kicked his puppy.

ETA: I'll die if Sam won it after all that bullshit last night.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 5
Just now, Lady Calypso said:

People are saying Fessy or Haleigh but I won't be able to watch the feeds until I get home. I anticipated the feeds being down for a while so I stayed at work later.

I don't think it was Haleigh. She was just spinning on a stool and staring off into space dejectedly when the feeds first came back.

Angela is whispering to Kaycee.  It sounds like she thinks Brett won it for some reason.  She says he needs to use it to take down Rockstar.  It was hard to hear everything they were saying.

Kaycee talking to Tyler.  If Brett does have it, Angela wants him to take down Rockstar so she can put up Faysal.

Just now, zorak said:

Angela is whispering to Kaycee.  It sounds like she thinks Brett won it for some reason.  She says he needs to use it to take down Rockstar.  It was hard to hear everything they were saying.

If Brett won it, then I think I finally get how S6 has been misted so badly. Lol he looked genuinely bummed (not fakey overly so) and based on everyone’s demeanor, I would have said he’s the least likely to have won. 

Sam also seems to be pissed that someone tore and threw away a doughtnut box that I guess she had earmarked for Craftin' Hour with Aunt Sam.

I don't know, I just hear the Peanuts teacher going all "wah whu-wah wah" every time she talks now.

• Love 10
Just now, Callaphera said:

Sam also seems to be pissed that someone tore and threw away a doughtnut box that I guess she had earmarked for Craftin' Hour with Aunt Sam.

I don't know, I just hear the Peanuts teacher going all "wah whu-wah wah" every time she talks now.

And she's convinced that it was one of the houseguests who did it.  Someone told her maybe it was Production who threw it away.  She insisted that it wasn't them.

• Love 3

Apparently, you had to get “things” right in this comp? Having to do with typing or something with your fingers? Bay claims to have gotten zero right, Brett says he got one, Scottie says he got three. I thought I heard JC say eight. None are claiming to have won, any of them could be lying obviously. 

1 minute ago, Ceeg said:

Apparently, you had to get “things” right in this comp? Having to do with typing or something with your fingers? Bay claims to have gotten zero right, Brett says he got one, Scottie says he got three. I thought I heard JC say eight. None are claiming to have won, any of them could be lying obviously. 

And you just know that every bit of friendly speculation about who won is making Sam grit her teeth more and more because she could have made it "fair" for everyone.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Nashville said:

To be clear, she’s a fitness model rather than a fashion model and while it seems a minor delineation because model, there’s a vast difference between the two categories. 

She photographs okay, not great, but her physical strength is apparent. Her physique, however, would be prohibitive if she wanted to do fashion. Basically, she’s too big. 

She has one tear sheet in her book, so she’s not done much in the way of paid modeling. The other pics are just things she did with various photogs to build up her book.

Most importantly, talent that cops an attitude on interviews or jobs doesn’t book many jobs. Word gets around quickly and unless there’s an attitude adjustment, they’re a model in name only. To be clear, the bigger the name or more well-known the model is, the nicer they are. 

She says she’s a model but she also claims to own her own business. Modeling for her probably isn’t even a part time gig; her agent’s in Santa Ana, so they’re not getting the same clients/calls that happen in Los Angeles. It’s just something she does if there’s a call for her type and even then, she’s gotta nail the audition and book the job.

Angela’s a flaming bitch because her attitude hasn’t bit her on the ass yet. It will at some point, though. The fall from the pedestal she’s placed herself on will be epic. 

Angela’s portfolio

• Love 7

I think I’d put my money on one of the Hive winning the Hacker comp. It won’t end up mattering bc L6 (which actually are 6 with JC and Sam) will still have 5 votes to evict. One nullified = 4 votes which is all they need. 

ETA: wait my math is wrong. They’d have 3 votes with one nullified. Lol at least I know 600x300 isn’t 1200

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 2