Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Right! He comes off so fake. But Derrick was so fucking obvious and no one ever caught on either. Same with Paul. I guess they tend to cast people on this show who just can't spot an obvious fake.

As @SiobhanJW said, there won't be a DE this week because Julie would have announced it at the last live show. It's going be hard for them to do a DE with Tyler and Bay's power, so I wonder if they'll wait. But waiting until F7 would be a pretty long time, so I don't know.

Ugh, I wish. I don't see it though. I'm like 80% sure he'll win tbh. Sigh. At least I have last year's finale!

I agree- I think they could do it with Tyler's power- but with Bay's they would probably do it after she uses it or it's flushed out. She would have to know about the DE ahead of time to lock in her nominations. 

1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

It should be next week, as that's when jury starts and they've had the DE as a signal for the start of jury, so it's not just one evictee in the jury house alone for a week.

I think their plan was 2 DEs this season- but now with Kailtyn not coming back they might now just do one- which they could push off until a bit later. There FOR sure has to be Jury returnee or another sort twist to bring another player back. But I don't know if they are going to do TWO of those. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

I think their plan was 2 DEs this season- but now with Kailtyn not coming back they might now just do one- which they could push off until a bit later. There FOR sure has to be Jury returnee or another sort twist to bring another player back. But I don't know if they are going to do TWO of those. 

Oh yeah, they definitely have to get rid of a DE now (they MAY be able to fit it in if they want, but it'll be tough), but I doubt they'll push it back. A DE allows for the jury buyback to also happen a week earlier. I mean, I guess they could bump the DE to after the jury buyback. 

• Love 1

It wouldn't bother me at all if they don't do the first DE right before jury. It always makes me mad because I never get to see it live because that's always when freaking pre-season football starts and my station bumps the episode until 2 or 3 in the morning. Every. Damn. Season.  

• Love 2
(edited)
10 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

I'm really bothered Sam is so eager to evict Rachel. Rachel has always been kind to Sam, from the robot days onwards while Brett and Sam don't really talk. Also whatever happened to doing "nice things" for the person who was the most depressed? Rachel is clearly struggling and Aunt Sam doesn't give a shit. Sam sucks.

3 hours ago, gunderda said:

Yesterday morning Sam talked about wanting to do nice things for Rachel that day. But then she questioned whether Brett was having a harder time. So she was deciding on who she should focus on that day.  I'm not sure if anything ever happened.  I think she got distracted by her spider pets.

Sam talked about it with Angela while she was putting together her kite, how she was going to spend the day doing something nice for whoever was having the hardest time (and admitted that it would usually be someone on the block) but Angela told her that Rachel had freaked out the night before but she's better and Brett's taking being the block really well, so Sam figured she got a pass. To be fair to Sam, everyone did seem fine at that point and Rachel wasn't taking it hard or moping around, so instead Sam decided to go fly a kite.

If only, right?

2 hours ago, Cutty said:

Well comparing anyone to Meg is unfair. She was a whole 'nother level of bad.

Let's be fair to Meg. She maybe wasn't the brightest or best and she may have thought that Big Brother was Summer Camp but she did give us at least two great moments: the night of either the 4th of July party or the halfway party, when she got drunk as fuck and when the feeds came back, she was standing between Clay's legs like she was going to make a move on him with Shelli in the other room and there was this:

Also, who could forget laughing every time Meg got the worst score/time/outcome in a comp? So at least Grandma Meg constantly losing in the worst ways was amusing. Bayleigh hasn't brought that level of funny yet. I'd actually say that it's unfair to Meg to compare Bayleigh to her. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 7

I hope Angela hits the block soon.  I am not a fan of hers at all.  I get that Rachel got super paranoid and was driving everybody crazy but I think it's really shitty how she talks about Rachel.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Angela is talking to sam now about what has happened with Rachel since before noms.  Angela legit thinks that Rachel threw her and KC under the bus to Bayleigh. 

Sam admitting she is self conscious about her body. She said she was comparing herself to all the other girls. She admitted she was being ridiculous and it separated her and the other girls.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, gunderda said:

They could still do two DE's and then doing a "reset" week right?  How many seasons did they do a reset week, once? To save boogie I recall?

It was to save Frank.

I'm still surprised by how fast Angela turned on Rachel. If only I could get L5 to turn on Tyler as fast as they turn on other members!

I loled when Scottie walked outside right as Angela was talking about him.

• Love 3

I think Angela and Kaycee will still be in Bayleigh's good graces even if they vote out Rachel because Bayleigh has told people she doesn't really care who goes home as long as the other side's numbers are reduced by one.  Tyler could probably apologize his way out to her and say that he knows Bayleigh wanted Brett gone but that he was still worried about an all girl alliance.  I don't think Rockstar will be as forgiving and will be gunning for one of them to go home, so I kind of want there to be a Rockstar HOH.

• Love 3

If they do go through with evicting Rachel, I desperately need Brett's speech before eviction to be, "I'm not worried, because Rockstar told me that she made sure that she would find enough votes to keep me."

• Love 22

angela talking to scottie has they do the awnings.  angela things next HOH will really draw some lines - things will start getting personal because right now everyone is good with each other.  but she's going to remain loyal.

scottie saying he wasn't the flip vote - angela says "you swear it wasn't you?"  she's starting to think it was rachel.

Angela to Scottie:  "I'm just staying loyal, doing what I say what I am going to do."  Well, she's not being too loyal to Bayleigh by keeping Brett in the house and she's definitely not being loyal to her ride or die by voting her out.  Now she's telling Scottie that her trust in Rachel has kind of gone down this week.  I hope he tells Bayleigh that Angela's having second thoughts about Rachel.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Rachel and Angela had such promise as a secret alliance.... such a dummy angela!

What a weird vague strategy she is giving Scotty. "I have been loyal this whole game."

Seems like lev5 is voting out Rachel and Tyler is not using POV. 

4 minutes ago, zorak said:

Angela to Scottie:  "I'm just staying loyal, doing what I say what I am going to do."  Well, she's not being too loyal to Bayleigh by keeping Brett in the house and she's definitely not being loyal to her ride or die by voting her out.  Now she's telling Scottie that her trust in Rachel has kind of gone down this week.  I hope he tells Bayleigh that Angela's having second thoughts about Rachel.

It seems like l5 is trying to split votes again and then pin it on Scotty. 

• Love 1

The problem with discussing Tyler as a target is that he has a power AND there are too many people who will save him if he is on the block on eviction day.  And, as time goes by, there are fewer people in the house who would vote him out, let alone put him up.  The only possible votes to evict him would be RS, Hayleigh, and maybe Bayleigh...so who would put him up and who would he be against?  Plus, if he is NOT using the veto, those people have already said it proves he's trustworthy.  He moves down the target list with everyone.

This. I've known from about Week 2 that Tyler was going to walk away the winner of this season so it's been very anti-climactic watching it happen week after week. And as I've said, I don't even dislike Tyler, I just find the whole thing terribly boring and predictable. 

Kaitlyn is posting on Twitter and Instagram if anyone cares. She hasn't deleted the pics of her and Joe on IG. 

I want to see her respond to last night's broadcast episode where Tyler admitted he had her fooled into thinking she was his Number One when she was actually about Number Ten. She'd probably still defend him, because she's an idiot like the rest of them. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I want to see her respond to last night's broadcast episode where Tyler admitted he had her fooled into thinking she was his Number One when she was actually about Number Ten. She'd probably still defend him, because she's an idiot like the rest of them. 

Kaitlyn's too busy asking Evel Dick to be nice for like, five minutes. Because this is going to go well. *adds popcorn to my shopping list*

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

I agree (and amusingly, it is confusing Tyler as he keeps expecting her to act rationally while she is not), but at the same time, she's still poised to go far in the game. She has that very helpful power app on her side and L5 can't win an HoH, so she is in good shape. 

Same effect as a skilled chess player taking on a total neophyte.  The skilled player will frequently fake themselves out of the game - trying to look for (and counter) strategies which don’t exist because their opponent is truthfully doing little more than pushing wood aimlessly, at random.  Looking at chaos and trying to manufacture patterns in it has wrecked more than one HG’s game.

3 hours ago, plotpointer said:

This “Bayleigh’s not too bright” stuff seems to be mainly based on her read of Tyler. But absolutely no one in that house has caught on to Tyler (which for the life of me I don’t understand because he’s a horrible actor and liar).   So once again I don’t think the criticism is fair.  She seems pretty articulate and level-headed to me.

Cant speak for anybody else, but my own personal lowered opinion of Bae is based on much more than just that:

1. Bae’s bad read on Tyler is definitely one factor - but to be fair to both, it belies your statement about Tyler being a “horrible actor”.  For weeks now, Tyler has manufactured and sold the story line that Special K was leading Tyler around by the nose instead of the other way around, and he’s done so very successfully - not just to Bae, but to all the tattered remnants of S6 S5 (hell - even JC bought it, and he’s the most suspicious fucker in the House).  In truth, this is the shortcoming for which I fault Bae the LEAST; she simply got taken in along with the rest.
  2. Bae’s “Red Queen” approach to the HoH - now this was truly bad gameplay.  In truth, each tour of HOH is little more than a chance to make a standout individual mark in the game with one’s noms/renoms, coupled with some nice perks.  In general practice, HoH isn’t really that much added power for a HG - plus, the noms/renoms can expose a HG’s true loyalties to the entire House more than one cares to.  Above all, though, one of the vital keys to successfully managing one’s HoH is to remember- HoH only lasts for one week, after which one is cast back down in the pit with the rest of the rabble. Bae, however, seems to be under the impression her HoH is the beginning of a dynastic rule.  The imperious shushing and talking over of other HGs (which, by the way, totally nullifies one of the HoH benefits of increased communication and information-passing)?  Scolding anybody who dares suggest all ways are not the Queen’s Way, and berating any HG who so much as presents alternatives?  Throwing tantrums whenever another HG is so selfish as to consider a game move’s effect upon their own individual game, vs. its effect upon Bae’s game?  Loyalty oaths for the remainder of the season, and requiring HGs to swear them on a Bible???  In truth, Bae has built her HoH high on a tower of cards - to be all that much farther of a fall when it collapses.
  3. Bae telling Rachel about Identity Theft - THIS was a super duper biggie no-no.  BB 101: Secret powers lose most if not all their effectiveness when they are no longer secret, so don’t tell anybody about Secret Powers unless you absolutely have to. Bae didn’t have to tell Rachel about Identity Theft.  Bae’s use of Rachel as a pawn against Brett is/was not dependent upon the Power’s exercise for successful execution.  Bae told Rachel basically for no other reason than to shut up Rachel’s panicking about being OTB - and in so doing, dramatically reduced her Power’s effectiveness for (game-wise) momentary comfort considerations.  The primary strength of Identity Theft was its ability to throw shade on the reigning HoH when exercised, by making it look like they might be flipping on their alliances; THAT strength was absolutely dependent upon a requirement of nobody else in the House suspecting anybody OTHER than the HoH could have had a hand in the noms, though, and that requirement has now been shredded to the point of nonexistence.  Weak, weak, weak.

So, you see, it’s not just ONE thing - it’s a LOT.  :)

3 hours ago, BBFanTX said:

I'm thinking production may have a double eviction soon. Maybe on Thursday. This would definitely be an interesting way to disclose Bay's power and possibly Tyler's. I also am guessing they will have another vote because some power apps weren't even picked.

Not this coming Thursday; Production (probably correctly) perceives the DE episodes as among the series’ most popular, and plays them up in a big way for the entire week prior.  When a DE is upcoming, Julie immediately starts plugging it - at the end of the preceding Thursday’s episode, and every episode thereafter - until the actual DE event.

3 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

It should be next week, as that's when jury starts and they've had the DE as a signal for the start of jury, so it's not just one evictee in the jury house alone for a week.

Assuming, of course, one of this season’s twists isn’t the elimination of DEs - a minute possibly to be sure (reference earlier comments on DE episode popularity), but there’s always a chance.  ;)   Plus, eliminating a game facet every HG has become accustomed to - and figures into their strategy - would throw a major wrench into a lot of HGs’ games, in keeping with the show’s “Expect the unexpected” motto.

A question regarding Bae’s Identity Theft power:

751C76A0-DB47-4282-BE4B-6C61B1F9679A.thumb.jpeg.3a39e193ce10f143c1798e21c7675cbc.jpeg

My guess on how this plays out is in the following sequence:

1. The reigning HoH makes their initial nom picks as usual, putting the selected HGs’ keys into the Magic Box O’ Bluetooth.  :P
  2. At some point between each HoH nom selection and the nom ceremony, Bae is called into the DR and asked if she wishes to exercise the Power.
  3. If Bae does so choose, the MBoB is brought to her (in the DR, maybe?) and Bae gets her look at the HoH’s noms.

Now, for my question: if/when Bae exercises the Power, does she have the option to change the HoH’s noms - or is she required to change them?  IMHO this could be a significant twist on the Power: if, after seeing the noms, Bae is required to change them - even if she agrees with them.  :>

• Love 11
1 hour ago, zorak said:

I hope Angela hits the block soon.  I am not a fan of hers at all.  I get that Rachel got super paranoid and was driving everybody crazy but I think it's really shitty how she talks about Rachel.

Oh, c’mon now; you are just totally committed to the destruction of my eye candy for this season, aren’t you?  ;>

56 minutes ago, zorak said:

Tyler is dedicated to the hairless chest.  Interestingly, he doesn't shave his pits though.

Tyler shaves.png

Well, no.  Because THAT would be weird.  :P

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Nashville said:

1. The reigning HoH makes their initial nom picks as usual, putting the selected HGs’ keys into the Magic Box O’ Bluetooth.  :P
  2. At some point between each HoH nom selection and the nom ceremony, Bae is called into the DR and asked if she wishes to exercise the Power.
  3. If Bae does so choose, the MBoB is brought to her (in the DR, maybe?) and Bae gets her look at the HoH’s noms.

Now, for my question: if/when Bae exercises the Power, does she have the option to change the HoH’s noms - or is she required to change them?  IMHO this could be a significant twist on the Power: if, after seeing the noms, Bae is required to change them - even if she agrees with them.  :>

I think number 3 is incorrect: Bayleigh probably doesn't get to put keys in the box. She probably just names her nominees in the DR so she won't get to see who is being nominated by the HoH. But I fully expect the box to be "hacked", because of the (dumb) tech theme of the season. And if Brett is still there, we'll get some (dumb) cyber security expert DR session. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, The Companion said:

People get really funny about drinking. 

If I say I'm not drinking people are always "Come on,  just have one. It's my birthday/graduation/promotion.". If I say I'm the designated driver people leave me alone.

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Kaitlyn's too busy asking Evel Dick to be nice for like, five minutes. Because this is going to go well. *adds popcorn to my shopping list*

Running to Twitter so fast there's a me-shaped hole in the wall. I'm not an ED fan, but he's going to SHRED her.

13 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Bae’s “Red Queen” approach to the HoH - now this was truly bad gameplay.  In truth, each tour of HOH is little more than a chance to make a standout individual mark in the game with one’s noms/renoms, coupled with some nice perks.  In general practice, HoH isn’t really that much added power for a HG - plus, the noms/renoms can expose a HG’s true loyalties to the entire House more than one cares to.  Above all, though, one of the vital keys to successfully managing one’s HoH is to remember- HoH only lasts for one week, after which one is cast back down in the pit with the rest of the rabble. Bae, however, seems to be under the impression her HoH is the beginning of a dynastic rule.  The imperious shushing and talking over of other HGs (which, by the way, totally nullifies one of the HoH benefits of increased communication and information-passing)?  Scolding anybody who dares suggest all ways are not the Queen’s Way, and berating any HG who so much as presents alternatives?  Throwing tantrums whenever another HG is so selfish as to consider a game move’s effect upon their own individual game, vs. its effect upon Bae’s game?  Loyalty oaths for the remainder of the season, and requiring HGs to swear them on a Bible???  In truth, Bae has built her HoH high on a tower of cards - to be all that much farther of a fall when it collapses.

This - all of this. She has HOHitis so bad. She's not alone in that affliction, but damn.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Nashville said:

I think that she'll get called in right before the nomination ceremony, where she can choose to change the noms or not. I don't think there's a wide window between nom selections and the ceremony, and it would be suspicious for Bayleigh to be called into DR. So I don't think it plays out in that sequence, since nom selection and nom ceremony happens back to back. The feeds are only off for about an hour, so everything gets done in that time. The houseguests get put in a room while the HOH goes upstairs to make the selections. Then, they gather in the kitchen where the HOH announces their noms. 

It's kind of like Tyler's, where I assume he will get called in right before either ceremony starts to ask if he wants to use his power. 

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Nashville said:

I'm going to disagree on #3. She's not going to get to know whom the HOH picked- she's going to have to go in blind and gamble that they weren't going to put those people up to begin with. It's kind of like the cavat with Tyler's power- he's going to have to guess correctly on whether he's put up or not. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I think number 3 is incorrect: Bayleigh probably doesn't get to put keys in the box. She probably just names her nominees in the DR so she won't get to see who is being nominated by the HoH. But I fully expect the box to be "hacked", because of the (dumb) tech theme of the season. And if Brett is still there, we'll get some (dumb) cyber security expert DR session. 

But beyond that, my question still stands.  The scenario you describe is totally plausible, and may indeed play out that way - if Bae has the option to change the HoH picks.  If Bae is required to change the HoH picks, though, then she would have to be informed (in some manner) of the HoH’s existing picks; they would be off-limits for re-selection..

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

If I say I'm not drinking people are always "Come on,  just have one. It's my birthday/graduation/promotion.". If I say I'm the designated driver people leave me alone.

I do the same thing.  I tend to be the driver so much now that people just know.

35 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I think I'm one of the few who absolutely could not stand Evel Dick.  He looked like he just reeked to high heaven and I hated his attitude.

12 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Oh, c’mon now; you are just totally committed to the destruction of my eye candy for this season, aren’t you?  ;>

Ditto.  My eye candy keeps getting roasted here.  

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Nashville said:

But beyond that, my question still stands.  The scenario you describe is totally plausible, and may indeed play out that way - if Bae has the option to change the HoH picks.  If Bae is required to change the HoH picks, though, then she would have to be informed (in some manner) of the HoH’s existing picks; they would be off-limits for re-selection..

How I see it is that Bayleigh's noms could be the exact same as the original HOH's. It would just be funny if they did the whole "A power app has been used" right as the noms are shown and the HOH goes "but...those ARE MY NOMS WTF". Cue paranoia about what power app was used and who used it if it wasn't Bayleigh.

• Love 7
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Nashville said:

If she decides to use her Power- she then trumps the HOH- she picks whomever her nominations would be. So she wouldn't get to see whom the HOH would pick because their picks are irrelevant because then she would be HOH in that instance. So in theory she could blow her power by picking the same people. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, zorak said:

Feeds are back.  Noms appear to be unchanged.  Brett was outside by himself.  Rachel came out and asked if he was ok.  He said, "Not really."

i'd be soooo pissed if i were brett and tyler decided to keep angela and JC safe instead. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, zorak said:

Feeds are back.  Noms appear to be unchanged.  Brett was outside by himself.  Rachel came out and asked if he was ok.  He said, "Not really."

Poor guy. He really wanted to tell Tyler off, but he also can't expose the alliance. I get it; Brett's better off aligning with Tyler because he has no ties to the other side. I get him not speaking up about Tyler and why he can't turn on him now. There are others who I think should be, but I get why Brett can't. But you can tell he's really pissed because he could go home. It's not set in stone that he's staying.

• Love 2
(edited)
7 minutes ago, GalvDuck said:

I think I'm one of the few who absolutely could not stand Evel Dick.  He looked like he just reeked to high heaven and I hated his attitude.

Oh no. It's a large group who hates Evel Dick and thinks he's a right asshole. He just has a nice little fan group on Twitter of people just like him and they fluff his ego on a regular basis. The rational part of the BB fanbase (there's a rational part? I know, right?) wouldn't cry if he mysteriously dropped off the edge of the Earth and was never heard from again.

He is a great source for pre-season leaks, though. And I do appreciate his roastings of certain ridiculous HGs but he takes it waaaay too far. As do most vocal Big Brother fans on Twitter.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 10
8 minutes ago, Nashville said:

The app description doesn't say she can change the HOHs nominations, but that she can make the HOHs nominations. I don't think the original noms will be off limits.

• Love 3

How I see it is that Bayleigh's noms could be the exact same as the original HOH's. It would just be funny if they did the whole "A power app has been used" right as the noms are shown and the HOH goes "but...those ARE MY NOMS WTF". Cue paranoia about what power app was used and who used it if it wasn't Bayleigh.

⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

That would be EPIC!! I totally agree with you. BB will announce the Power App has been used. Paranoia GALORE ??

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, zorak said:

Bayleigh to Tyler:  "You need to win HOH and then we can plan from there."

Lmao yes I actually need this to happen. 

Who would Tyler put up though? Scottie and Bayleigh? Fessy?

• Love 3
Just now, Ceeg said:

He'd likely put up Rockstar/Scottie, tell Bayleigh that he plans to backdoor someone (Angela maybe?) and then he'll backdoor her.

However, that depends on if Bayleigh will be pissed when Rachel goes instead of Brett. 

• Love 3
(edited)
14 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

If she decides to use her Power- she then trumps the HOH- she picks whomever her nominations would be. So she wouldn't get to see whom the HOH would pick because their picks are irrelevant because then she would be HOH in that instance. So in theory she could blow her power by picking the same people. 

S’truth - I’m just having fun picking apart the open-ended looseness in Production’s language, and figuring out different ways it could fuck up a HG’s game.  :>

Edited by Nashville
Damn autocorrect
  • Love 3
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

I need this to happen, too.  I think he should put up bayleigh and fessy.  He needs 5 votes, and he would have them - brett, angela, kaycee, hayleigh, and JC.

The best part of this is that he could out bayleigh's power at the ceremony, and claim he's doing it for the good of the house.

Edited by Jinxie
addition
  • Love 3