Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

It is, but it seems to have worked thus far. Plus, they could also pin a vote on Haleigh, as her side thinks she'll want to keep Brett over Rachel.

Fessy and Scottie were talking last night and Fessy told him that side is always trying to pin rogue votes on him. Scottie said he knows. I mean, if Fessy gets it it can't be that good of a play at this point. 

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, HartofDixie said:

Is it wrong of me that I think Sam’s picture in that montage looks pretty damn hot?

...yeah, I know.  I wasn’t kidding when I mentioned my pre-marriage dating scene; on the Hot/Crazy Scale, I was usually dating somewhere in the vicinity of Toronto.

15 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

I mean, Bayleigh's not the brightest, but how does that make sense? "She told us about your power, so we voted her off." What is the connection there?

Why, didn’t you know?  Everybody in the House is supposed to be playing according to what’s best for Bae’s game.  Didn’t you get the memo?  ;>

• Love 3
5 hours ago, BBFanTX said:

The hg are becoming less/more attractive as I see their true personalities in the house.

That happens to me every season.  Right now, for example, I have to put my hand up to cover Pinky’s face whenever she’s shouting in the DR because her ugliness busts me in the face with a 2x4 every time I see her - and it has next to nothing to do with her actual physical appearance.  Would that I had three hands, so I could cover both ears as well.

• Love 4

People are starting to grate, but I still don’t think it’s as bad as prior seasons. There are redeeming qualities in everyone that’s still there. At least for me. Last year, I stopped watching the feeds entirely bc it got to a point where everyone was a BEC. This year, I don’t have even have a single one yet. 

• Love 9

I hope they ARE stupid enough to tell Bayleigh that Rachel spilled about her power, and that's why they booted her out.  Then I hope Kaycee wins HOH, Tyler is lulled into thinking he snowed her once again and saves his power, and Bay uses her power and puts Angela and Tyler on the block, with Angela going out the door.  

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Katesus7 said:

I hope they ARE stupid enough to tell Bayleigh that Rachel spilled about her power, and that's why they booted her out.  Then I hope Kaycee wins HOH, Tyler is lulled into thinking he snowed her once again and saves his power, and Bay uses her power and puts Angela and Tyler on the block, with Angela going out the door.  

It really does lend itself to that sort of thing happening, right?

1 hour ago, SiobhanJW said:

My guess is- once Tyler finds out from Rachel the full extent of the power- as she's planning on talking to him soon about it that he'll put a halt regarding this and try and flush it out instead. 

Except Tyler will hear what Rachel remembers hearing as in the telephone game.  And even if she remembers all Bay said correctly Bay told her what it was, not BB.  So that was a telephone game transmission too.

Every damn week the vote goes the opposite way that Bayleigh, Haleigh, Rockstar and Faysal think it will, and every week they're sure someone on their own side flipped. When the hell are these dum dums going to figure out Tyler isn't playing on their side? God they're idiots.

1)  Swaggy reminds me of Kaysar.  Just as cocky, just as bad at the game.

Kaysay never referred to himself in the third person or called himself "your boy" so no, he's nowhere near as bad as Swaggy.

JC is definitely becoming less attractive and just ughh.....

JC has never been attractive to start with. I'd drop dead if this show actually cast an attractive token gay guy for once. They haven't done that since Season 10 and he only lasted 2 weeks. Ever since it's been an endless parade of increasingly repulsive cartoons. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, iMonrey said:

JC has never been attractive to start with. I'd drop dead if this show actually cast an attractive token gay guy for once. They haven't done that since Season 10 and he only lasted 2 weeks. Ever since it's been an endless parade of increasingly repulsive cartoons. 

To be honest, most of the minorities they cast are cartoons. It's kind of embarrassing. 

• Love 5
Just now, Cutty said:

To be honest, most of the minorities they cast are cartoons. It's kind of embarrassing. 

Their casting is super embarrassing period. They seemed to have accidentally come up with a good cast this year. Tyler probably fooled them as much as he has fooled S6. 

• Love 10
Just now, Brian Cronin said:

Their casting is super embarrassing period. They seemed to have accidentally come up with a good cast this year. Tyler probably fooled them as much as he has fooled S6. 

The husband was commenting on that during the last show. "They're all so... normal." Which, when you compare them to what we normally get, they are. I wouldn't be surprised if casting thinks they fucked up on this cast (except for Kaitlyn, of course) but really, it's one of the better casted seasons even though they were just trying to fill their usual character roles.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Brian Cronin said:

It's still pretty boilerplate, they just got lucky with some of the personalities. Some athletic/meatheads, some pretty girls, a nerd, an old guy, a mom, a hillbilly, etc.

The cast turned out to be good but I wish they'd stop trying to fill the archetypes and just focus on personalities.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

The husband was commenting on that during the last show. "They're all so... normal." Which, when you compare them to what we normally get, they are. I wouldn't be surprised if casting thinks they fucked up on this cast (except for Kaitlyn, of course) but really, it's one of the better casted seasons even though they were just trying to fill their usual character roles.

People got smart in their audition process, it seems. People like Tyler and Brett played up their stereotypes, people like Scottie blatantly lied about certain BB knowledge to get onto the show, and then other people couldn't have been seen as wackadoodle as they became (Kaitlyn and Winston). I think the only one they expected to be exactly how they ended up being was Swaggy. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

However, Angela still has misinformation about Rachel and her betrayal. For Angela, she thinks that Rachel has been lying this entire time and has been aiming to target their alliance. She's taking it very personally and that's what really caused the turn. She doesn't trust her anymore, which is far, but she also assumes Rachel's never been on her side, which is false. So what does Angela do? She aims to get her fellow Vixen out of the house, but then trash talks her behind her back. What Angela is doing is quite drastic, and she's isolating Rachel as a result. I have always loathed the isolation tactic. It pisses me off more than anything. I realize that Angela also did this with Winston and the poor guy didn't have many people to talk to the week he was evicted (he only had Brett, who was also on the block but also in the know about the votes and knew Winston was leaving). 

Although Angela has definitely demonstrated some unbecoming cold ruthlessness, I think there’s probably a fair amount of cognitive dissonance going on here. She’s already made the decision to vote out someone she considered a friend, mostly because she was annoying her, but she needs to rationalize it better than that. So she has instead decided that Rachel is actually a two-faced liar who has been dishonest from the beginning, because that way Rachel deserves what she’s about to get and Angela doesn’t have to feel at all bad or guilty. I imagine if somehow the “lying from the beginning” myth were debunked, Angela would just come up with another way Rachel is wrong/bad to justify Angela’s vote. I think this is something that happens a lot in the house and one of the reasons it can be hard to flip votes—because once people think they’ve decided one way or the other, the cognitive dissonance and conformation biases kick in to support their decisions, and at that point it’s hard to redirect. I think the people who experience this the least are actually the ones who are fully playing the game with very little emotion tied to it and therefore don’t feel guilty or morally wrong for any votes they make (in this case, I think Tyler and JC are the best examples). 

• Love 12
(edited)

As of right now- who do you guys think has a good chance to win this season and who doesn't? 

My picks to win- in no particular order: 

Kaycee, Tyler, Angela, Scottie, Hayleigh 

Could Potentially Sneak in There: 

JC, Brett 

Nope: 

Bay, Sam, Rockstar, Fessy 

My Reasonings: 

Bay in the "nope"- is because I actually cannot see her making it anywhere near the F3-F2. She doesn't really have a support system or a clear #1 or someone that would be willing to stick their neck out for her like other people in the house do. Everyone in the house has someone that Trumps her- even though she basically threatened a bunch of people with a F2 deal with week- I think it was all a bunch of baloney from the people she was requesting this from that they would actually choose her over some of the other HGs. I think she came into the game 3 weeks too late since she was paired up and hiding with Swaggy and she wasn't able to make those relationships. 

Fessy- I think he could make it pretty far- but I don't think he would win in a F2- he has spent most of the season so far not knowing what the hell is going on. 

Rockstar & Sam are both Goats. 

JC- I think if he can make it to the finals depending on whom he is up against could win- but I see him as a prime DE candidate- he's not someone you want on the block the whole week he'd be a mess. 

Brett- if he can make it to F2- I believe he could win depending on whom he is sitting next to- but it's a hard road to get there. 

I would be surprised if one of Kaycee, Tyler, Angela, Scottie or Hay didn't win. But anything could be possible. But that's just my view on the house so far. 

What about you guys? 

Edited by SiobhanJW
1 minute ago, SiobhanJW said:

What about you guys? 

I can't really disagree with your list but this game is pretty strange. For example, this time last year no one in their right mind would've said Josh had a shot to win. We're not even at the jury phase yet. Lotta things can happen.

• Love 5
Just now, Cutty said:

I can't really disagree with your list but this game is pretty strange. For example, this time last year no one in their right mind would've said Josh had a shot to win. We're not even at the jury phase yet. Lotta things can happen.

Agreed- but I think in any other season the "Josh" wouldn't win. Paul just really messed up. Haha. 

• Love 9
(edited)
6 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

Nope: 

Bay, Sam, Rockstar, Fessy 

Oh I think Sam absolutely could win. She has the social game. Everyone loves her except Haleigh, and if the jury is super bitter, that's an easy way to go.

Think Jordan in Season 11.

I just wouldn't write her off.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Cutty said:

In theory, you would think Tyler will pull a Derrick and win but there is so much game left. We also have to deal with Bay's and Tyler's power. Once they are used we will have a better idea.....I think. I have a dumb question. Is a buy back off the table altogether?

Someone in Tyler's group really needs to win HOH this week. He can't afford to lose another number, especially considering he's burned the relationship with Scottie.

If he loses Brett, KC or Angela next week that's one fewer person he can control. And he doesn't really control Sam to the same degree, and definitely not JC.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ByaNose said:

In theory, you would think Tyler will pull a Derrick and win but there is so much game left. We also have to deal with Bay's and Tyler's power. Once they are used we will have a better idea.....I think. I have a dumb question. Is a buy back off the table altogether?

Nah- they need someone to come back, if they don't then no Double Eviction- and we know they love those. 

(edited)
3 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

The theory is it will be a jury buyback. First four members is what they usually do. 

Will be interesting if Rachel goes into sequester after she's evicted. I don't think she will but it's possible.

Edited by Cutty
Just now, SiobhanJW said:

Nah- they need someone to come back, if they don't then no Double Eviction- and we know they love those. 

Totally forgot about the Double Eviction.

(edited)
38 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

Bayleigh better hope she can win the veto in that scenario, though.

Edited by vb68
Just now, Cutty said:

The theory is it will be a jury buyback. First four members is what they usually do. 

That's why I wanted Rachel to make jury. You know she'd come back all pissed at L6.

• Love 2
(edited)
11 minutes ago, vb68 said:

Bayleigh better hope she can win the veto in that scenario, though.

Or Fessy, Hayleigh or Rockstar.  But agreed, her ass would be right up on the block if she used the power, and then veto was used.

Edited by Katesus7
  • Love 1

Since anything can change in the upcoming weeks (look at Crazy Rachel who was slated to do very well up until last Thursday), here's what I've come up with.

Highest Chances of Winning (Depending on Who's Sitting With Them):

• Haleigh
  • Tyler
  • Kaycee

Those above, specifically Haleigh, all depends on who they're sitting next to. I think Tyler has a chance of winning if he can get to F2 (the issue is getting to F2). Kaycee's had a strong social game and I think she'll start really fighting for the HOH comps in this coming week or two. Kaycee gets along with everyone, but has been playing her own silent game, even if it seems like she's only playing for Tyler. Which hey, may be true, but if she can make a couple of bigger moves this season (getting rid of Tyler or Bayleigh, for example), she could rake in enough reasons for her to win. Haleigh is dependent on who's beside her and she may be able to win against a bitter jury. She's not in the worst position at the moment, and she could win if she's sitting to a less likable person.

Moderate Chances of Winning:

• Sam
  • Brett
  • Angela
  • Fessy
  • JC

I think any of the above have good chances to win as well. Sam's well liked within the house and she's only made a couple of people upset. She's won an HOH now and has made a couple of moves. However, people see her as someone to drag to F3, if that, and chances are that some won't want to bring her to F2 in fear that she'd win. Brett is already on his way to survive two evictions. The only person that really dislikes him is Rockstar. I think there's a chance he could skate on by, since new targets pop up every week. It'll be a struggle for him to get there, but he has no allies so he might be able to get to F5 without being a big target. The only thing is that people may target him for the DE, as DEs often have a less important player go home. It rarely works out where a big target leaves (like Jeff and Elissa).

Fessy is one that I can see winning out of a fluke. He's done well in comps and he actually has a decent social game. The issue is that I don't see him translating that well into his final 2 speech. JC has played a good game. He's made moves, flown under the radar, and has a good social game, even when he's being blatantly obvious. Yet again, it'll all come down to him making F2 and being able to translate his game into his speech. Since most people make up their minds before the finale anyway, he'll have to use his goodbye messages to get it done. And he also might be seen as a threat and be taken out earlier, especially with the girls kind of teaming up at the moment. 

Angela's kind of a target now, but I could see her sneaking through somehow. People seem to like her and her laying low has actually worked well thus far. The issue is if she continues turning on alliance members. 

Mediocre/Low Chances of Winning:

• Scottie
  • Bayleigh

I think he has a shot, but not a really big one. He's got a lot of work to do since people don't really trust him and he'll be an easy boot at some point. He's also a likely DE boot. Bayleigh is somehow who could make it far, but I'm not so sure she will, seeing as she has no true allies who would fight for her. Also, after her power being exposed, she'll need to really pull out a miracle to not be an immediate target, especially if she runs her mouth.

Almost No Chance of Winning:

• Rockstar

I mean...never say never but....hahahahahahaha. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

I'd drop dead if this show actually cast an attractive token gay guy for once. They haven't done that since Season 10 and he only lasted 2 weeks. Ever since it's been an endless parade of increasingly repulsive cartoons. 

Amen. I agree with this soooooo much. Just like Scottie, although not presented as gay (who knows?) is a cartoon nerd.

Bayleigh and Haleigh are talking.  Bayleigh said something about how she feels kind of bad because she told Rachel she's a pawn and she still is a pawn but all the boys want to vote her out.  Haleigh said she had some points she wanted to talk to Bayleigh about the whole situation.  Brett told her that the week that Kaitlyn left, Rachel was going around saying, "Kaitlyn stays." while Haleigh was still on the block against Kaitlyn.  Haleigh said she knew Rachel was campaigning against Rockstar but that she didn't know Rachel was campaigning against Haleigh.  Bayleigh said Brett has never made any attempt to get to know her and she doesn't want him in the house because he's dangerous.  Then Brett came out and Bayleigh said she wants to talk to him later.  I'm just curious what guys have told her they want to keep Brett over Rachel, especially since Bayleigh made such a big deal about wanting Brett gone.  

• Love 2

I think my order for the HG Most Likely to Win is as follows: Tyler, Kaycee, Haleigh, Sam, JC, Fessy, Angela, Brett, Scottie, Bayleigh, RS. I stuck Fessy ahead of Brett and Angela because he can at least win a competition, and I could see him saving himself with the veto in the future. Bayleigh and Scottie could be interchanged, depending on when and how Bayleigh's power is used. I think Kaycee is a lock for Final 3, and Sam is a lock for Final 5, if not better. Tyler is going to have the hardest path, in that he's going to have to do the most gymnastics to make it to the end. However, he's also the most mentally equipped for that.

Bayleigh could be just lying again. 

1 minute ago, zorak said:

Bayleigh and Haleigh are talking.  Bayleigh said something about how she feels kind of bad because she told Rachel she's a pawn and she still is a pawn but all the boys want to vote her out.  Haleigh said she had some points she wanted to talk to Bayleigh about the whole situation.  Brett told her that the week that Kaitlyn left, Rachel was going around saying, "Kaitlyn stays." while Haleigh was still on the block against Kaitlyn.  Haleigh said she knew Rachel was campaigning against Rockstar but that she didn't know Rachel was campaigning against Haleigh.  Bayleigh said Brett has never made any attempt to get to know her and she doesn't want him in the house because he's dangerous.  Then Brett came out and Bayleigh said she wants to talk to him later.  I'm just curious what guys have told her they want to keep Brett over Rachel, especially since Bayleigh made such a big deal about wanting Brett gone.  

43 minutes ago, vb68 said:

Oh I think Sam absolutely could win. She has the social game. Everyone loves her except Haleigh, and if the jury is super bitter, that's an easy way to go.

Think Jordan in Season 11.

I just wouldn't write her off.

I agree. I really don’t think of her as a GOAT. She may have a different social game then we are used to seeing but it works for her. Nobody but Haleigh dislikes her. Even Rockstar gets along with her. And feeders may laugh at her being the cook, housekeeper and Macgyver handyman for the house but no one wants to lose that. Anything that brings comfort in that house is welcome.

Strategic or not, she has been aligned with Tyler since week one and has proven trustworthy. She has never told anyone that Tyler is a Super Fan. She doesn’t spread lies and is fairly straightforward.

And she can win comps - I frankly wouldn’t want her anywhere near the final HOH. But she has a great chance of getting there.

and I love the fact she booted Kaitlyn.

• Love 8

Bayleigh's getting pissy with Haleigh because Haleigh said she's done with Faysal.  Rockstar is jumping in, too saying that they're all friends and they need to drop this tension.  Bayleigh also brought up the whole Haleigh being grateful to Faysal thing.  Bayleigh reminded her that Haleigh had said she was going to be on Faysal's ass this week to keep tabs on him or something.  Haleigh said how could she do that when he ignores her and won't talk to her.  Bayleigh told her that she needed to make up with him and pretend for the week.  Later on in the conversation, Bayleigh said that she would rather have Haleigh and Faysal be "off" than "on" because them being "on" has just been a pain in the ass for all of them.   Bayleigh said she's concerned that if Haleigh's done with Faysal, Haleigh will glom on to Tyler and work with Tyler instead.  Haleigh swore she'd never do that.

Rockstar seems to think that Haleigh telling Faysal they will be lifelong friends will be the solution to the entire dysfunctional mess.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, zorak said:

Bayleigh's getting pissy with Haleigh because Haleigh said she's done with Faysal.  Rockstar is jumping in, too saying that they're all friends and they need to drop this tension.  Bayleigh also brought up the whole Haleigh being grateful to Faysal thing.  Bayleigh reminded her that Haleigh had said she was going to be on Faysal's ass this week to keep tabs on him or something.  Haleigh said how could she do that when he ignores her and won't talk to her.  Bayleigh told her that she needed to make up with him and pretend for the week.  Later on in the conversation, Bayleigh said that she would rather have Haleigh and Faysal be "off" than "on" because them being "on" has just been a pain in the ass for all of them.   Bayleigh said she's concerned that if Haleigh's done with Faysal, Haleigh will glom on to Tyler and work with Tyler instead.  Haleigh swore she'd never do that.

Bayleigh's just making things worse here. Now Haleigh is going to feel guilty and feel like she has to stick with Faysal when it's clear that she really wants to stop. 

• Love 3

Tyler: "I hope you guys like the season. It's probably boring here now that Kaitlyn's not here, right? Sickos."

and

Tyler: "We talked about karma, Kaitlyn. You did me dirty. Or you tried. Didn't work."

Heh. And yes, Tyler, there has been a definite vibrational shift on the feeds. 

• Love 10

Bayleigh telling Haleigh in HOH that she doesn't want to be responsible for Rachel in the long run but she still wants Rachel to be the pawn this week.

Bayleigh says she's frustrated with Sam because Sam said that if she wins HOH, it's all personal, and she's going to target people she doesn't want to live with.  

Regarding Faysal, Haleigh says she will probably apologize to Faysal.  Bayleigh says Haleigh needs to prove to him that she would take up for him.

Bayleigh is frustrated with Rockstar because Rockstar swears that JC would never come after her even though JC really wants Rockstar out.  Bayleigh said she's tried dropping hints to Rockstar but Rockstar doesn't seem to get it.  Bayleigh said that if Rockstar goes on the block, she'll be voted out.

6 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Is JC even definitely voting Rachel out? I don't trust that shifty fuck. 

He is. He wants to pin his vote on Scottie. Though yeah, like you said, he can't really be trusted. It's assumed he will because if he doesn't, he loses Tyler as an ally and he knows it. 

7 minutes ago, zorak said:

Regarding Faysal, Haleigh says she will probably apologize to Faysal.  Bayleigh says Haleigh needs to prove to him that she would take up for him.

Oh my god Bayleigh, fuck off.

7 minutes ago, zorak said:

Bayleigh is frustrated with Rockstar because Rockstar swears that JC would never come after her even though JC really wants Rockstar out.  Bayleigh said she's tried dropping hints to Rockstar but Rockstar doesn't seem to get it.  Bayleigh said that if Rockstar goes on the block, she'll be voted out.

Heh. Well, Rockstar WAS on the block already and, unbeknownst to anyone in the house, the only person who voted against her was JC, so Bayleigh's not wrong. Sometimes, Bayleigh will get a good read...but then screw it up with several bad ones.

• Love 1

Bayleigh says the problem with Brett staying in the house is that he will be loyal to Haleigh.  So in other words, Bayleigh wants him loyal to her only.  Haleigh told her no, she told him to talk to Bayleigh.

• Love 1

Bayleigh says Rachel is more of a liability to her but with Brett, him being on the block twice and possibly, getting out of it, makes him dangerous.

Bayleigh says if Haleigh votes to keep Brett this week, Faysal would kill her.  Haleigh swears she would never go rogue like that.  She would only do that if it was a group decision.

Bayleigh says she feels like she owes Rachel something for Rachel volunteering to go up and she doesn't like that, so the problem would be solved if Rachel went.  On the other hand, she says that would feel grimy.

• Love 1

Haleigh says if Bayleigh changes her mind and wants to send Rachel home this week, nobody will know that Bayleigh was responsible.  She thinks that everyone would be wondering who flipped.  Haleigh wanted to know if Bayleigh had received confirmation from Angela and Kaycee that they're going to evict Brett because Haleigh said she hadn't.  Bayleigh said they want to get rid of Brett.

Bayleigh says she needs for Brett to go home.  She says that JC needs to go.  Haleigh agrees.  Bayleigh says she thinks Scottie will take care of Tyler.  They also think Sam needs to go.  Bayleigh says Haleigh can be the one to take the shot at Sam.  Haleigh says Tyler will have to be a backdoor move.

• Love 1

Haleigh thinks something is going to happen this Thursday.  Bayleigh says she will lose her mind if Swaggy comes into the house.  She's telling America to vote for Swaggy to come back in.  I need Julie Chen to just flat out tell them that anyone who went home pre-Jury isn't coming back.  

• Love 5