Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

21 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

And Sam has?  Her strategy seems to be somewhere between hoping for Miss Congeniality, or a Housekeeper of the Month award.

Personally, I’m wondering if Sam may be on to something here; for lack of a better term I’ll call it a Seinfeld Strategy, because it’s basically a strategy about nothing. ;)  Basically it would boil down to Sam pursuing a strategy of not forming any strategic alliances - not initially, at least - because clear-cut alliance with any one group immediately gets you targeted by opposing groups.  Instead Sam is putting the vast majority of her efforts into cultivating social relationships for their own sake, and not as strategic development tools.

Now I don’t think there’s much of any chance such an approach could take a HG all the way to F2, for several reasons; it makes you extremely attractive as pawn fodder, for one, as well as a standout Block nom for any HoH suffering from BOTH Avoidance Syndrome.  A mid-course shift to a more strategically developmental approach might head that off, though.

This is truly one of the reasons I’d really like Sam to stick around for a while: to see if this works for her, how well, and how it may play out.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, CrazyDog said:

I'm really disappointed in Angela...her story at the beginning of the show was cool and she certainly seems competitive, but it's just not coming across. Same with Kaycee.

Yeah, there's a difference between lying low and...not showing up at all. Kaycee's actually a little more present on the feeds. She actually does game talk. Angela's pretty useless and doesn't really do much of anything.

4 minutes ago, CrazyDog said:

I want to like RS but I just can't. 

Same here. Maybe it's because I hate whiners who don't do anything and choose to judge and mock people behind their backs. 

4 minutes ago, CrazyDog said:

Has JC knocked off the creepy stuff?

He has. He's also upped the rule breaking and choosing not to listen to production, though. 

• Love 4

hahaaaaa sounds like haleigh got the crap app

they ask "what were the power app choices??"  just to see if someone slips up

I think it'd be really unlikely but Angela looks like she's hiding something and the camera is super focused on her. 

1 hour ago, Skycatcher said:

And Sam has?  Her strategy seems to be somewhere between hoping for Miss Congeniality, or a Housekeeper of the Month award.

Sam's not an Aggie though.  I work with an Aggie.  I expected more work from Haleigh as an Aggie -- more social game, more strategy, more strength in comps, more something!

6 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Personally, I’m wondering if Sam may be on to something here; for lack of a better term I’ll call it a Seinfeld Strategy, because it’s basically a strategy about nothing. ;)  Basically it would boil down to Sam pursuing a strategy of not forming any strategic alliances - not initially, at least - because clear-cut alliance with any one group immediately gets you targeted by opposing groups.  Instead Sam is putting the vast majority of her efforts into cultivating social relationships for their own sake, and not as strategic development tools.

Now I don’t think there’s much of any chance such an approach could take a HG all the way to F2, for several reasons; it makes you extremely attractive as pawn fodder, for one, as well as a standout Block nom for any HoH suffering from BOTH Avoidance Syndrome.  A mid-course shift to a more strategically developmental approach might head that off, though.

This is truly one of the reasons I’d really like Sam to stick around for a while: to see if this works for her, how well, and how it may play out.

This.  Sam's playing an independent social game.  I mean, did you see her greet Jessica and Cody along with the other houseguests and then the next thing you know, she's in the kitchen making coffee for the BB guests?  She asked about Brett's hand when he broke the glass.  She created slop meals (even if it wasn't all that palatable, she tried) for the Have-Not's.  She said something the other day about checking on towels (I guess she was doing laundry).  She may not be head of household, but she's in there being a totally hospitable houseguest/hostess.

• Love 3

Fessy is under the mistaken impression that he’ll win an endurance comp hands down when the reality is those always favor smaller HGs and not big lugs like Fessy. 

It depends on what kind of endurance comp it is. The ones where you're standing on the platform that tilts forward do favor the smaller competitors, but the ones where you're hanging on a rope and being swung around in a circle favor the stronger guys. And we've seen plenty of the alpha males win both of them, actually.  

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, vb68 said:

Do we know if production gave Brett an earful about the door?  I imagine he must have been quite contrite about it. 

He definitely was immediately in a panic - I imagine he was afraid he'd get booted on a violence clause (despite it obviously being an accident). So they probably let him off with a "don't do that, nimrod." since he was already kicking his own ass about it.

• Love 3

Winston is telling Rachel about how Bayleigh has snapped on a couple people since last night (Sam and Rockstar)

Brett and Rachel are now cuddling. 

Rachel says that Bayleigh probably got it

BB - "JC.... Faysal..... PLEASE STOP"

Rachel says to Haleigh "welcome to the club.... we're probably just irrelevant" 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, gunderda said:

Rachel says that Bayleigh probably got it

It's hilarious that finally, after three weeks, people are finally catching on to the app store...and it's the last week.

Winston is telling Rachel about how Bayleigh has snapped on a couple people since last night (Sam and Rockstar)

She snapped on Sam about champagne, I believe.

• Love 2
Just now, Lady Calypso said:

It's hilarious that finally, after three weeks, people are finally catching on to the app store...and it's the last week.

She snapped on Sam about champagne, I believe.

Yep - that was one.  And then something about Rockstar yelling "who is wasting water" and Bayleigh snapped that it was her and she was trying to get it cold and to turn that shit back on.  Something like that. 

• Love 1
Just now, gunderda said:

Yep - that was one.  And then something about Rockstar yelling "who is wasting water" and Bayleigh snapped that it was her and she was trying to get it cold and to turn that shit back on.  Something like that. 

I guess she was cranky about Swaggy leaving. I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt here, until she proves me wrong.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Nashville said:

Mine was less than Scottie’s but more than the actual.  Which means my drunk math skills are better than their sober math skills. Yay fuckin’ me.

I didn’t even remember which competition they were calculating seconds for.

• Love 4
Just now, PoshSprinkles said:

I really hate Twitter. Bayleigh has done nothing but sleep with Swaggy the entire game. She does not deserve an app. 

I'm fine with it considering no one really "deserves" random game powers. 

I guess I'm just glad Kaitlyn didn't get it. 

• Love 16
(edited)
2 minutes ago, PoshSprinkles said:

I really hate Twitter. Bayleigh has done nothing but sleep with Swaggy the entire game. She does not deserve an app. 

Agreed, I have no idea why people were so sure (and correctly so) that she would get it. 

Edited by gunderda
  • Love 2

Agreed, I have no idea why people were so sure (and correctly so) that she would get it. 

Online polls showed her in the lead. She was getting a lot of support on Twitter. And there weren't really any other options. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, PoshSprinkles said:

Nobody else has done anything to deserve an app, either. I'd rather Bayleigh than Kaitlyn for the power app, personally. Plus, these votes are always geared toward who the audience likes more, rather than from actual game things. 

Haleigh's crap app is Fake News: apparently she has to read Hamlet while standing on a soapbox? Or something?

• Love 7

Also, a part of the vote was based on giving her a power because she was definitely not aligned with Tyler. Basically something to shake up the game. 

• Love 5

Kaitlyn and tyler back in a bed... Kaiiltyn won't stop touching him. 

It's revolting. 

At first I thought he was using her for his game, but I'm pretty sure Tyler is into her at this point. 

• Love 2
Just now, Lady Calypso said:

Bayleigh is also telling her alliance...which means everyone will know at some point this week. 

Rockstar gonna tell Kaitlyn within 25 minutes.

• Love 2

JC wanted Fessy to lift him, he did, then he wanted him to lift Scottie.  BB told them to stop.  JC says "why stop, we're doing something fun!" and then Fessy tried to see if JC could support him and JC let him fall on his back to the floor.   

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, zorak said:

Kaitlyn to Tyler:  "JC definitely has the app from last week."  She might want to get those auras checked, because no.

She needs a psychic optometrist to check the color adjustment on her third eye!  ; >

• Love 5

They just realized that the nominations screen is up.  Now Scottie is starting one-on-ones in the HV room because his HOH room is still closed. He's starting with JC.

JC to Scottie- I do'nt think anyone hates you... I don't think anyone is targeting you... so I know this is going to be hard for you. 

When does operation Tyler blow off Kaitlyn start? 

Scottie to JC - you're not on my radar at all. But these power apps can blow up everything.

Scottie says he's pretty sure who he's putting up - but one might have an app.

JC telling him that he doesn't need to make a big move because no one is targeting him. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Scottie to JC - you're not on my radar at all. But these power apps can blow up everything.

Scottie says he's pretty sure who he's putting up - but one might have an app.

JC telling him that he doesn't need to make a big move because no one is targeting him. 

JC's a really strong social player, so I hope he's careful in how he approaches this. I don't know how people haven't figured out how good he is yet.

• Love 3

Scottie just told JC that he wants to get rid of someone that he knows he can't beat in the end.

Scottie said he has been considering putting the bros up.  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, zorak said:

Scottie just told JC that he wants to get rid of someone that he knows he can't beat in the end.

And JC mentioned Rachel. 

JC getting sloppy. 

Scottie says he bought into what Brett was saying last night for about 20 minutes.  Scottie says Winston is literally Brett's shield.

Scottie doesn't want to target Rockstar because he says she is so many other people's target.  

• Love 1
(edited)
53 minutes ago, zorak said:

Kaitlyn to Tyler:  "JC definitely has the app from last week."  She might want to get those auras checked, because no.

Hysterical. I pray it makes the TV show. They can make a reel out of her "intuitions" gone amok.

Edited by missyb
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, missyb said:

Hysterical. I pray it makes the TV show. They can make a reel out of her "intuitions" gone amok.

Or maybe use it to roast her when she gets evicted (crossing fingers) like they did with Swaggy and his audition tape.

• Love 5
(edited)
54 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Bay got it because it was 100% a "sympathy" vote for poor Bay who lost her "man" and the showmance is over and Juliet doesn't have her Romeo any more and boo-hoo-hoo.  Had nothing to do with her game because she has had none so far because showmance first, half a million dollars second with her.  Maybe now she will start to play though.

The only other candidate this week given the air time was Krazy Kait and most of the "voter" types seem to be all into this stupid, dumb, boring, crapfest called showmances more than the fun of giving a totally crazy person a power app and watching the house explode.

29 minutes ago, zorak said:

Scottie says he bought into what Brett was saying last night for about 20 minutes.  Scottie says Winston is literally Brett's shield.

Scottie doesn't want to target Rockstar because he says she is so many other people's target.  

Trouble with nominating BOTH Brett and Winston is it assures the survivor of the Bromance will come after Scottie with a vengeance.  Well Winston would anyway.  Brett could care less since he is actually trying to play a game but Scottie wants Brett out.  But because Brett is playing a better game he will most likely stays.

And if one of these guys wins POV and the other survives the vote Scottie will be chased around the house by a pair of rampaging rhinos.

In other words I think it is a stupid move.  He should go for smaller game than the rhinos then go hide under the radar again.  Maybe Angela and Kaycee say.  At least Angela should be one of the original noms if he is going after the Bros because a direct attack, which I would love instead of the backdoor stuff, unfortunately usually backfires on the attacker.  That's why we got all this pawn and backdoor crap in BB in the first place.

Meanwhile JC continues to impress.  He is on no one's radar at all it seems.  He is so Survivor Sandra right now.  As long as it isn't me.

Edited by green
  • Love 3
Just now, Growsonwalls said:

So Sam says she won't use the power unless it's between Tyler, KC or Angela. I'm kind of surprised Sam feels so close to those three. Don't see KC or Angela with Sam much at all.

Kaycee and Rachel were close to her during the time she was a robot. KayCee was her cheerleader when she was robot sam feeling blue. This was way back at the beginning.

47 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Rumours say she chose the Redraw, which would be stupid so I'm choosing not to believe that.

Oh, do we know what exactly the remaining ones are? Like how do you know Redraw is stupider than the other one?

1 minute ago, Growsonwalls said:

So Sam says she won't use the power unless it's between Tyler, KC or Angela. I'm kind of surprised Sam feels so close to those three. Don't see KC or Angela with Sam much at all.

Same. Sam just says stuff that makes no sense sometimes lol.

I love Scottie for nomming the Bros and having Brett as his target. Brett is probably the second biggest threat after Tyler. Unfortunately for Scottie, Brett won't go, but getting rid of Brett's shield/most loyal puppet is good, too.

Just now, missyb said:

Kaycee and Rachel were close to her during the time she was a robot. KayCee was her cheerleader when she was robot sam feeling blue. This was way back at the beginning.

Exactly, so why would she save Angela, but not Rachel? Sam doesn't make any sense to me most of the time lol.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

To be fair, Angela and Kaycee are never on the feeds, so whatever conversations they have with themselves or any one else are unknown. 

• Love 5