Type keyword(s) to search

The Flash in the Media

Lisin
  • Start Topic

Jessica Parker Kennedy interview,

One Flash-related bit:

BT: Have you had a chance to work on the show with fellow Canadian Tom Cavanagh?

JPK: The only time I’ve worked with Tom so far is when we were at Comic-Con together and one day on set. He’s super interesting and a really nice guy. I’m looking forward to working with him because he’s an energy champion. He’s such a high-frequency Type A personality and everyone else on the show is pretty mellow, like me. It will be pretty interesting to experience what it’s like to have him on set because it sounds like he keeps things pretty ridiculous and lively and hyperactive!

BT: What’s it like filming in Vancouver?

JPK: I love Vancouver! It’s a beautiful city. It’s nice, my Mom lives in Vancouver so I have a family connection there. I try to come home to L.A. every weekend just to reset my energy and my brain and be in my own space. Vancouver is really close to LA so I’m grateful for that.

• Love 2
On 8/13/2018 at 1:35 AM, Trini said:

At Teen Choice, The Flash won for 'Action TV Show', and Grant for 'Action TV Actor'. Grant also presented 'Drama Movie Actor' with Chloe Moretz:

? Am I being too cynical for thinking that with this rather convenient timing, the entire kerfuffle about the leaked suit and "victimization" was an elaborate PR stunt for the show and TCA? 

Edited by ursula
23 hours ago, ursula said:

? Am I being too cynical for thinking that with this rather convenient timing, the entire kerfuffle about the leaked suit and "victimization" was an elaborate PR stunt for the show and TCA? 

I don't think Grant would have made a whole Statement like that just for PR. And the TCAs is already PR in itself. The new suit was going to get revealed at some point anyway. Plus, I don't think 'elaborate' is in the wheelhouse of CW PR....

Edited by Trini

Who knows? I just know that to me, the whole thing seemed orchestrated. Especially since until Grant made the statement, I'd never heard of one person body-shaming him. People had issues with the suit, not with his body. In past seasons, had we ever had this elaborate "Suit Reveal"?

'The Women Of Arrowverse Get Honest About Pushing For Inclusion In The Industry — And In The Fandom' -- roundtable interview with Candice and several other Arrow-verse actresses:

Bustle spoke with a few of the Arrowverse women including The Flash's Candice Patton, Arrow's Juliana Harkavy, and Legends of Tomorrow stars Caity Lotz, Tala Ashe, and Maisie Richardson-Sellers for a discussion about their experiences in Hollywood, what it's like to be women playing characters on comic book series, and how Shethority will help them (and others!) fight for equality, inclusion, representation, and more on a global scale.

A couple of Candice quotes related to The Flash:

Patton: [The #MeToo and Time’s Up movements] have given me more confidence to go to the writers and the producers and say, "We need more agency for these characters." I love that Iris West is the love interest. I think we did a great job in casting a black woman as the love interest to this superhero, but now let’s give her a job. It’s important for the lead female character not only to have a job, but for that job to mean something to the overall story that we’re telling each week, so that we see her value on screen. That’s so important for the young girls who watch the show to understand, to not only seek out a partner in life, but have a passion in life.

Patton: For so long our cast was just two women, [myself and Danielle Panabaker]. My question was always like, "When are we getting more women?" We’d go through another season and we’d add a male. And then the next season, we’d add another male. We’re going into Season 5, we just added two women of color [Jessica Parker Kennedy and Danielle Nicolet] on our show as series regulars, bringing our number of female regulars on the show up to four, which is amazing. I mean, if you would have said that to my 14-year-old self, there’s no way I would have believed you. We’re doing scenes now with three black women in a room, plus Jesse L. Martin, sometimes Keiynan Lonsdale who plays Wally West, my brother — there’s just so many more people of color on the show. And it’s just so much more reflective of the world that I live in everyday, which makes me really excited for where we’re headed in the next couple of seasons.

• Love 9

Oooh another pic of the new suit!

Very surprised that they changed The Flash's timeslot. Makes me really curious about how the story is set set up; does it start in Central City?

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, Trini said:

Oooh another pic of the new suit!

Very surprised that they changed The Flash's timeslot. Makes me really curious about how the story is set set up; does it start in Central City?

I would think so. I can't imagine The Flash starting it and it opens up in another city. I'm more curious into how they encounter Batwoman. What brings them to Gotham?

OK; so it's a great video and article, but I have on quibble: "but when Joe West took in the young hero-to-be, he found a second family, and a life-long friend in Iris." The bold part is false. Barry and Iris were already best friends long before Joe took him in to live with them. It's this belief, that Barry and Iris' relationship began when he moved in with the Wests, that helps fuel the faux incest argument. I wish the writer/host hadn't put it that way. It's a false narrative.

• Love 4

Actually here's a quote from Grant about the crossover:

“To see Flash and Superman together and to be one of the guys in the suits is something I’m definitely pretty excited about,” Gustin told EW in an interview right after the news broke. He went on to explain that he always hoped this would happen, but part of him thought it never would. “It did feel like something they would always save for the features, to be honest. But I feel like the Arrowverse has kind of been changing that stigma with the whole TV is the lesser medium. I think it kind of doesn’t matter these days with the streaming and content’s kind of everywhere. So, it is cool to see us kind of rise to even another level and bring all of us together for these crossovers. It’s pretty epic.”

On 8/22/2018 at 11:20 PM, adora721 said:

image.thumb.png.b7df83763ea0a6c251f4bbe584951061.png

On 8/22/2018 at 11:32 PM, adora721 said:

image.png.20d5fba737ed66309996ce0e12d76a56.png

Ugh, I can't believe they think they were entitled to a shipworthy episode. It's a crack ship, and shipworthy is about canon ships with actual romantic history.

• Love 4

I'm sitting here scratching my head trying to figure out what a shipworthy episode for a non-existent ship would even look like.  Those people are exhausting.  Dang - really sorry Leanne had to deal with that ugliness and delusion.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, DearEvette said:

Well to be fair... they probably needed the space for one more Ralph pep talk scene.

Hahahaha.... *stink face*

Because that's EXACTLY what happened.  *rolls eyes*

• Love 2

The WestAllen deleted scenes are an example of the light and fluffy romance moments I want to see so of course they had to be cut ? I really hope they change their priorities for s5. Cut down on the redundant STAR Labs exposition group scenes!

• Love 6
11 hours ago, BeautifulFlower said:

Did anybody else have a problem with what they were saying in this scene? I don't know if it was my volume or they were just talking real low.

So my friend was able to tell me what was said. Some might say my bias is clouding my judgement, but I have to say this. Grant looked like he didn't want to be in that scene

I don't want to give SBs the attention they don't deserve but what are they trying to say here? That Caitlin Snow-Allen cheated on her husband with a black man? Because Nora is obviously biracial.

• Love 6