Type keyword(s) to search

The Flash in the Media

Lisin
  • Start Topic

59 minutes ago, adora721 said:

Good news! Danielle Nicolet is series regular for S5: https://deadline.com/2018/06/the-flash-danielle-nicolet-promoted-series-regular-1202409871/

In rather strange news (per Twitter), DP submitted her (cough) acting work for Emmy consideration (along with others from the Arrowverse):  https://twitter.com/myrcellasear/status/1006530343338299392

Horrible news. I hate Cecile.

Good for Danielle Panabaker. I wish her luck.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, mtlchick said:

What a bummer. If they want a tall, lanky white dude they already have Barry. If they wanted Barry to mentor someone they had Wally. If they wanted a teammate with loaded powers, they had Cisco (or Caitlyn). If they wanted snarky comments, they had Cisco (or whatever version of Harry is in S5). 

I liked the Flash characters so much in the Earth-X crossover that I binge watched the first 3.5 seasons in two months to catch up and start watching live. And after the second half of season 4 and this news about season 5 I'm ready to be done with the show. Again, what a bummer.

• Love 5

I mean, I still wouldn't like it, but if the show were losing Cavanagh/Wells I'd get it. But now there's going to be two unnecessary dudes, when they already struggle with giving everyone something to do.

Semi-related: I hope they announce Jessica Parker Kennedy as a regular soon.

• Love 2

I doubt JPK is going to be a regular since they upped HS & DN and the flash writers account posted a congrats to them. I think they'd have waited for JPK to be announced as well before issuing a congrats to those two if she were.

(edited)

I'm probably being impatient, and they'll say something closer to Comic Con. The major casting news for last year weren't announced until July. From the Helbing interviews, it seems Nora Allen's story will be significant, so I'm expecting an announcement about JPK joining the cast. I don't think the order of casting news is that important.

Edited by Trini
1 hour ago, Trini said:

I'm probably being impatient, and they'll say something closer to Comic Con. The major casting news for last year weren't announced until July. From the Helbing interviews, it seems Nora Allen's story will be significant, so I'm expecting an announcement about JPK joining the cast. I don't think the order of casting news is that important.

I'm just thinking they gave congrats to two new regulars. I think they'd have waited to tweet that until all new regulars were announced if there's anymore. I will be surprised if Flash goes up to 9 regulars. I think JPK should have been upped over DN but that's just me. Teddy Sears and Violette Beane were on season 2 almost just as much as the regulars so I don't think it really matters if JPK is upped. She's likely a one season character anyway.

5 hours ago, Trini said:

Yay! So after Black Lightning, now The Flash has the most minority regulars of the DCTV shows.

On paper, The Flash is rich with diversity. In practice ---- it's an object lesson on how numbers mean absolutely nothing where intent is lacking, how "diversity casting" can (arguably) lead to more harmful portrayals of POCs in media.

• Love 4
On 16/6/2018 at 8:01 AM, ursula said:

So this show has room for a character who's redundant in every sense of the word - one more lanky white boy, meta team-mate, detective, platonic best friend, mentee, superhero-in-training

----- but no room for Wally West?

I wasn't pleased with the writing for Wally when he was a regular but it was the actor who wanted out. I believe that if it were up to TPTB they would have kept him.

Disappointed but not surprised that Ralph is now a regular. Since he survived the season, it was only a matter of time. Happy about Cecile and Nora.

• Love 3
On 6/20/2018 at 10:30 AM, cambridgeguy said:

Keep in mind that being a regular doesn't mean being in every episode or even being all that important when present (see Thea Queen, Quentin Lance, and James Olsen, to name a few). 

This is an excellent point. Although, up to this point, with the exception of Tom C, every cast member has been in every episode of the series. 

Tom only had a one year contract, but since his character was such a success they brought him back. But, his second contract has a different setup since he only appears in around 18 episodes a season. Jesse L Martin has also missed one episode, 4.14.

I’m hoping that some of these new contracts are set up so that they only have to appear in a certain number of episodes. Especially Ralph. 15 episodes would be more than enough for me, seeing as how the best episodes of season 4 were ones that he wasn’t in, as far as I’m concerned. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Kate45 said:

This is an excellent point. Although, up to this point, with the exception of Tom C, every cast member has been in every episode of the series. 

Tom only had a one year contract, but since his character was such a success they brought him back. But, his second contract has a different setup since he only appears in around 18 episodes a season. Jesse L Martin has also missed one episode, 4.14.

I’m hoping that some of these new contracts are set up so that they only have to appear in a certain number of episodes. Especially Ralph. 15 episodes would be more than enough for me, seeing as how the best episodes of season 4 were ones that he wasn’t in, as far as I’m concerned. 

Shouldn't only the lead character be contracted to appear in every episode? I don't know why Cisco and Caitlin haven't missed an episode yet. Most of the times, they are in the episode just standing around with no plot.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, BeautifulFlower said:

Shouldn't only the lead character be contracted to appear in every episode? I don't know why Cisco and Caitlin haven't missed an episode yet. Most of the times, they are in the episode just standing around with no plot.

Very true. I’m not sure why they want each character in each episode, but I think it would be better to make it so that doesn’t happen moving forward. This show is going to be very crowded next year if they don’t change that. 

It’s strange to think how little these characters have developed considering the fact that they have been in every episode. It’s almost as if several characters are simply used as plot devices and not actual characters. It’s been a problem for a while, but became appearent in season 4.

• Love 2
(edited)

One more Teen Choice Awards nomination for The Flash:

Choice TV Ship

Cole Sprouse & Lili Reinhart – Riverdale
Grant Gustin & Candice Patton – The Flash
K.J. Apa & Camila Mendes – Riverdale
Matthew Daddario & Harry Shum Jr. – Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments
Millie Bobby Brown & Finn Wolfhard – Stranger Things
Stephen Amell & Emily Bett Rickards – Arrow

Vote here: https://teenchoice.votenow.tv/

Edited by Trini
  • Love 3

We sat down with the actress at POPSUGAR Play/Ground, and Candice got real about her castmates in a Flash-themed version of "Who's Most Likely To," answering everything from "Who's most likely to be the biggest troublemaker on set?" . . .

This was cute!

---

I hope there's some good stuff from Grant this weekend.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/24/2018 at 2:27 AM, Trini said:

Finally watched the whole thing, and thught it was a good interview/panel/Q&A. A lot of stuff that Grant and Kevin have talked about before, but there were a few things I hadn't heard. Not really any info on the new season; Grant is getting the first script and meeting with writers this week.

ETA: I'm surprised that Kevin didn't drop when he's directing next; because I'm sure they've got him locked in for a Season 5 episode.

ETA 2: Welp; he did mention about directing again, but he wasn't definite about it.

Edited by Trini
(edited)

The Flash at San Diego Comic Con: http://comiccon.thewb.com/wbsdcc-2018/

SATURDAY, JULY 21

5:45–6:30 p.m. The Flash Special Video Presentation and Q&A

— Matching wits with The Thinker, who by season’s end had harnessed the powers of all twelve bus metas he created, stretched Team Flash to their limits, but with the help of some new allies, Barry Allen (aka The Flash) and company were able to put a stop to the Enlightenment and save Central City once again. However, with the arrival of Barry and Iris’ speedster daughter, Nora, who arrived from the future admitting to having made a “big mistake,” things are anything but status quo. Will parenthood be the challenge that finally slows The Flash down?

For answers to this, and all your other Season five questions, please join the cast and creators of The CW’s highest-rated series – stars Grant Gustin, Jesse L. Martin, Tom Cavanagh, Candice Patton, Danielle Panabaker, Carlos Valdes, Hartley Sawyer, Jessica Parker Kennedy, Danielle Nicolet and executive producer Todd Helbing – at their annual Comic-Con panel....

Ballroom 20

Things could change by July 21, but that's a lot of people scheduled to appear! I think it's the most they've had for Comic Con. Then again, it's the largest cast of regulars the show has had ever.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1
On 26. 6. 2018 at 7:53 AM, Trini said:

Just a reminder that the awards ceremony in this Wednesday (June 27) in L.A. Although, I'm doubting that the show's going to win anything, based on the competition.

Just like with Teen Choice its all about which networks buys the awards. 

22 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Just like with Teen Choice its all about which networks buys the awards. 

That’s not how Saturn Award show works. The nominations are voted on by a committee, and the winners are selected by voting members of the organization. That’s why people call it a popularity contest. Either way, it’s the best SciFi award out there, as far as I know. 

Teen Choice is different, and they’ve never lied to say anything else. The producers select the winners, but they don’t say what sways the win. I would suspect that purchasing by the network comes into play. The voting just removes the lowest vote getter from contention. That’s been the process for years. 

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Kate45 said:

That’s not how Saturn Award show works. The nominations are voted on by a committee, and the winners are selected by voting members of the organization. That’s why people call it a popularity contest. Either way, it’s the best SciFi award out there, as far as I know. 

Teen Choice is different, and they’ve never lied to say anything else. The producers select the winners, but they don’t say what sways the win. I would suspect that purchasing by the network comes into play. The voting just removes the lowest vote getter from contention. That’s been the process for years. 

Actually anybody can become member of the organization that conducts the Saturn Awards for a small amount of money i think the fee this year was between 25-40 dollars for a year membership and it allows you to vote in this. 

Looks like the Washington State Fair http://toyandgeekfest.com/guests/ has some Arrowverse and DC celebrity guests this weekend.

The celebrity guest list includes:  

Tom Welling (Smallville)

Mehcad Brooks (Supergirl)

Ciara Renee (LOT and The Flash)

Maggie Geha (Gotham)

China Anne McClain (Black Lightning) (she's not coming anymore, though)

• Love 1

tumblr_pb1oy6yUfr1uvcgjlo3_540.gif

The best part of this is Danielle N. making it rain, and Jesse's "see what i have to put up with" face!

-------

This website got a few red carpet quotes from the Saturn Awards:

• Love 1