Type keyword(s) to search

The Flash in the Media

Lisin
  • Start Topic

41 minutes ago, Pepper the Cat said:

Does anyone know if CTV will be airing the Flash in Canada??

It's not!!! Apparently the episodes will be on Netflix Canada. Not sure if its a Black Lightning situation where they go up weekly or a Supernatural deal, where they put up the whole season at a later date. 

CTV has dropped all the Arrowverse shows it seems. I'm not happy about this.

I had to watch the episode through other means.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, dkb said:

It's not!!! Apparently the episodes will be on Netflix Canada. Not sure if its a Black Lightning situation where they go up weekly or a Supernatural deal, where they put up the whole season at a later date. 

CTV has dropped all the Arrowverse shows it seems. I'm not happy about this.

I had to watch the episode through other means.

Well that really sucks. Stupid CTV.

Thanks.

does that mean they won’t be airing Legends either??

Edited by Pepper the Cat

I’m bummed that Flash is not available on CTV. As of today, last night’s premiere is not on Netflix Canada (neither is Black Lightning which aired weekly on Netflix Canada but may have been a week behind the US airing) according to this reddit thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FlashTV/comments/941c2o/the_flash_to_netflix_canada_finally/

I too watched the show on the CW (Rogers is my cable provider) however CTV was great to watch on demand or on their app if I missed the day of (I don’t have a PVR) so I too will have to find it elsewhere if needed. 

Good news though Arrow and Legends in Canada have been picked up by Space so if you don’t get the CW you can tune in to that channel if is part of your tv package.  

https://www.space.ca/arrow-legends-of-tomorrow-space/

They have a decent app for on demand as well.  Hope that helps.

• Love 1

The CW and #SeeHer Announce New Partnership

Their partnership will include co-sponsoring the network’s fall launch event, as well as presenting the third annual #SeeHer Award at the Critics’ Choice Awards in January 2019.

The CW’s fall launch event is entitled “Powerful Programming, Powerful Women” and will be held Oct. 14 in Burbank, Calif. Variety‘s own executive TV editor Debra Birnbaum will moderate panel discussions with female showrunners and executive producers behind some of the network’s biggest shows, including Mara Brock Akil (“Black Lightning”), Nkechi Okoro Carroll (“All American”), Aline Brosh McKenna (“Crazy Ex-Girlfriend”), Julie Plec (“Legacies” and “Roswell, New Mexico”), Jessica Queller (“Supergirl”), Eugenie Ross-Leming (“Supernatural”), Sarah Schechter (“Arrow,” “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow,” “The Flash,” “Riverdale,” “Supergirl”), Beth Schwartz (“Arrow”) and Keto Shimizu (“DC’s Legends of Tomorrow”), as well as the women behind Shethority, an online collective focused on amplifying women’s voices. The women of Shethority who will attend are Tala Ashe, Melissa Benoist, Juliana Harkavy, Caity Lotz, Nicole Maines, Danielle Panabaker, Candice Patton and Maisie Richardson-Sellers.

Later, the CW and #SeeHer will present the third annual #SeeHer Award at the Critics’ Choice ceremony Jan. 13, 2019, which airs on the network. ...

So while I'm glad that Candice and Danielle are participating, you can see that there are no female showrunners/EPs to represent The Flash. (Schechter is a producer, but works mainly with Berlanti's production company, and doesn't really have day-to-day input into the show as far as I know.)

• Love 2
On 10/10/2018 at 8:23 PM, Pepper the Cat said:

Just discovered that Rogers Cable has the CW. YEAH!!

channell 166 for anyone in the GTA

oops, just saw your post @Browser26 (about Space)

Supergirl is on Netflix Canada too.

And its a weekly thing for Flash, if your watching on Netflix like me the new episodes will be up on Thursdays.

Edited by dkb
  • Love 1

Oh hey! they're still doing Chronicles of Cisco posts:

I don’t know if it’s the after-effects of the Enlightenment, all the champagne I’ve consumed, or meeting my best friend’s adult daughter from the future, but I’m feeling more reflective than an episode of “This is Us” over these past few days.

On the plus side, with all this craziness going on and that lingering hangover, I’ve barely had time to experience the existential dread of dying of old age and never making your mark on the world like you always knew you would growing up.  I take that back.  The dread is here. ...

http://chroniclesofcisco.tumblr.com/post/179045464685/i-dont-know-if-its-the-after-effects-of-the

Heh! So petty. However, it'd be much more constructive if they actually did something to fix that mess in the show. I'd love a re-do rather than a vow renewal.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1

TVLine's "Relax about Iris and Nora" article with quotes from Candice.

--

'The Flash stars tease the team's first encounter with 'terrifying' Cicada' - with quotes from both Danielles:

“It’s actually a really dark episode. Some scary stuff happens to some members of Team Flash, so it’s a tough one for sure,” star Danielle Panabaker told EW at The CW’s Fall Launch event Sunday. “I think this villain is pretty scary, so it’s nice to see.”

“I think it’s the first time the show has ever had a big bad that affects everyone’s powers,” Danielle Nicolet, who plays Cecile, also told EW on Sunday. “There’s always been a big bad who wants our powers, but this guy affects our powers and it’s different. The team has to figure out a whole different way to approach this bad guy and they have to work together.”

TV Guide interview with Jessica P. Kennedy:

We've gotten a lot of lightheartedness between Nora and Barry so far, but can we expect a shift where they sort of emotionally dig into what it meant for Nora to not have him around growing up?

Kennedy: Totally. Nora has got a really big heart, and she's pretty keen and really enthusiastic, but she's kind of naive. I don't think she thought that any part of this would be difficult. I think she thought it would be really fun, like, "Oh, I didn't have my dad growing up, but I'll have him now and everything will be fine. Everything will be perfect." But that's not the way the world is... It gets complicated, and like I said, I think they surprise each other, positively and negatively. They have to figure out what their relationship is and what it means.

What can you say about how Nora will factor into the overarching villain storyline with Cicada this year?

Kennedy: I can't tease much about it. I can say it's definitely frightening for her. It's not someone where she's like, "Oh, no! This is not a big deal, this'll be great!" It's definitely frightening.

Interview with Hartley and Danielle P. from this past Sunday:

Collider:  What are you most excited about, with what you’ve gotten to do so far this season?

DANIELLE PANABAKER:  I feel like they’re doing a great job of trying to show a little bit more of Caitlin and Killer Frost, and delve into her history.

HARTLEY SAWYER:  I’m actually really excited about the interaction with Tom Cavanagh. It has been really fun to do. We’ve shot some of that, and there’s gonna be a lot more of it. There’s gonna be a lot of back and forth there, which will be really fun. And Tom is such a great person to play off of. He’s gonna challenge Ralph in a different way than we saw last season. We never know what he’s gonna say or how he’s gonna react to something, I feel like, and if he’s gonna be goofy and make jokes, or take things seriously. He always leads with his heart, which is what I like most.

Danielle, how much fun is it to play that Caitlin Snow and Killer Frost duality, in the same character?

PANABAKER:  It’s the best. I feel so lucky! I always say it’s great to be on a superhero show because you can really push things and have fun with them. You get to have a great time. It is really fun to play the duality. When you sign onto a TV show, you play the same character for 100 episodes, but not me. I’m very lucky to get to play a lot of different versions.

What are the scariest aspects of [directing an episode] for you? Is it weird to come in and suddenly be a bit of a boss to your co-workers?

PANABAKER:  I don’t see directing as being their boss. Hopefully, they know that I’ve got their back, in a really special, unique way. If a new director comes in, they might not have seen all of our 100 episodes, but I have. I’ve lived them, I know the stories, and I know the trials and tribulations. Having been there with the rest of my cast and all of these storylines for so long, I know what’s important to them and I want to support them, in whatever that looks like.

Hartley, what’s it like to have one of your co-stars, Danielle Panabaker, step up and direct an episode this season? Does it inspire you to want to try it?

SAWYER:  It has inspired me to want to try it, and it has also intimidated me, realizing how monumental of a task that is. She’s gonna do it, and it’s gonna go really well. I have no doubts about that. I knew Danielle before I started the show, and I’ve known her for a number of years. I was so thrilled when I heard that, officially, and it was announced. I’m so proud of her. I can’t think of somebody who deserves it more. She is one of the hardest working people I have met in this business, without a doubt.

TVLine:

Are there any details about the 100th episode of The Flash, and when that cast party might happen? —Jen

We tried again to crack the 100th-episode nut, but Candice Patton was the very best soldier, holding her cards close to the vest. After reminding that costar Tom Cavanagh fittingly directed the milestone hour, she said, “For fans, it’s special in the sense that it kind of really revisits what makes our show special.” As for any Easter eggs that eagle-eyed viewers might collect, “There’s a lot of good stuff that I wish I could say to you right now that’s happening… but I can’t, unfortunately,” Patton deferred. “But there are a lot of special things happening in that episode.” And regarding the party, all you need to know is that TVLine will be there with Wells, er bells, on.

Candice Patton quotes from EW:

If Patton has her way, we’ll see more of Iris as a reporter this season. “It’s never enough for me, personally as an actress,” she told EW at the CW’s Fall Launch event Sunday on the WB lot. “I don’t think we’ve really explored that enough on our show.”

Patton went on to explain why she thinks it’s important to focus on this part of Iris’ life. “I’m always pushing to see Iris at her true calling and her true passion, because I think it’s really important for us to see women doing their jobs — not just being a love interest, but seeing how they contribute,” she said. “I think Iris’ contribution, not only as a team leader, is her passion, which is writing and being a journalist.” ...

“At first she’s very hesitant about Nora putting herself in danger, but I think she is happy to have her daughter around and have this experience,” she said. “For her, it’s an indication that Barry and Iris get their happy ending in the future, and she’s really proud of Nora in that she’s almost exactly like her father. So, she’s eventually encouraging of Nora to be a part of the team and help.”

https://ew.com/tv/2018/10/17/the-flash-candice-patton-iris/

• Love 2

Quotes from Hartley Sawyer and Danielle P. about Ralph and Caitlin:

TV Guide spoke to Hartley Sawyer at the CW Fall Launch Party about Caitlin and Ralph's new partnership, and he teased that next week's episode, ominously titled "The Death of Vibe," will really dig into that relationship. In fact, he even said it's one of his favorite episodes he's shot so far.

"What I love the most about that episode is we explore Caitlin and Ralph together," Sawyer said. "And I see people all the time thinking like, 'Oh is this going to be a romance?' It's not a romance, but I love what the friendship is... I love those two characters together, the bond that they have, and that bond is going to further as well."

We won't have to wait too long to see Caitlin delve into those daddy issues either. "Obviously we know a lot about the West-Allen family and their history, but I don't think we know a lot about the Snow family," Panabaker told TV Guide. "She's going to get to ask her dad some questions I think she's really been wanting to."

https://www.tvguide.com/news/the-flash-season-5-caitlin-ralph-romance/

1 hour ago, Trini said:

"What I love the most about that episode is we explore Caitlin and Ralph together," Sawyer said. "And I see people all the time thinking like, 'Oh is this going to be a romance?' It's not a romance, but I love what the friendship is... I love those two characters together, the bond that they have, and that bond is going to further as well."

Maybe it's just me but I think KillerVibe have waaaay more shippy moments, last night's episode being a good example. If any couple has earned (and over-earned) speculation about friends-turn-lovers, it should be Cisco and Caitlin. Yet for some reason, in the rare moments it's brought up by the media, DP is quick to shut it down. 

38 minutes ago, phoenics said:

We don't care about the Snow family, Danielle.

? I won't mind the Snow family so much if it wasn't part of the third (fourth?) iteration of Killer Frost's origin story. Plus it bothers me that they're introducing this concept that essentially retcons the "Barry ruined Caitlin's life when he created Flashpoint" but no one ever reacts to it. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, ursula said:

Maybe it's just me but I think KillerVibe have waaaay more shippy moments, last night's episode being a good example. If any couple has earned (and over-earned) speculation about friends-turn-lovers, it should be Cisco and Caitlin. Yet for some reason, in the rare moments it's brought up by the media, DP is quick to shut it down. 

They totally do, but no one wants to talk about it. ::sigh::

• Love 3

As always, Candice giving us what the writers/directors/editors won't:

"For Iris, I don't think she realized that Barry was gone for that long and that she was raising Nora by herself," Patton told ET's Philiana Ng at The CW Fall Launch Event, in partnership with #SeeHer on Sunday. "What that means when your husband has been gone, what kind of mother you become to protect your child, I think that wasn't a dynamic that Iris was expecting."

"I think she saw Nora back from the future and she thought, "Oh! We get our happy ending and everything's perfect." There's this caveat that Barry's not there and it affects their relationship, and I think it's a really hard thing for Iris to deal with."

The first episodes of season five also show Iris getting back to her roots as an investigative journalist, something Patton was happy to see, though she admits that she's constantly pushing for dynamic story arcs for her character.

"I think I'm never quite 100 percent satisfied. That's me being a perfectionist and that's me also fighting for great story lines for women of color," the actress explained. "I'm the female lead on this show and Iris is such an important character in the comic books. I'm not just fighting for myself, I'm fighting for every girl who looks like me, every character who may look like me in the future, every woman of color who gets put in this position of being a female lead who has a diverse background. I want them to have a very well-rounded storyline. It's something that I'm always pushing for."

https://www.etonline.com/the-flashs-candice-patton-talks-iris-reaction-to-that-westallen-family-bombshell-exclusive-111840

• Love 6

Man, Grant needs to do some press. Everyone else is too good at not spoiling things, plus I know everyone has questions about the new suit.

----

Interview with Jessica P. K. starts at 34:13 -

11 hours ago, ursula said:

Plus it bothers me that they're introducing this concept that essentially retcons the "Barry ruined Caitlin's life when he created Flashpoint" but no one ever reacts to it.

Exactly! Recall how Caitlin emotionally pummeled Barry in 3x7 and threw the death of his parents, Eddie, and Ronnie is his face in her anger? Remember her spoiling that Barry was "responsible" for the death of Cisco's brother? Caitlin also tried to murder Barry for the first time in that 3x7 episode, too. But she's not sharing the fact that KF wasn't Barry's fault, and she won't be apologizing for those terrible things she said and did to him in 3x7.

• Love 1

This daily article is just supposed to intro primetime TV, but the author decided to go on a rant ?: 'The Flash had better not touch even one single hair on Cisco Ramon’s perfect head'

The Flash (The CW, 8 p.m.): Once upon a time, Francisco “Cisco” Ramon (Carlos Valdes) was just an engineering whiz with a penchant for novelty T-shirts and a love of a good pop culture reference. Then a crazy particle accelerator thing happened, and he became a superhero-training, world-jumping, nickname-granting, great-friending metahuman called Vibe with a perfect head of hair. In a now-erased timeline, he was murdered by Eobard Thawne, and even suspecting that Team Flash would find a way to bring him back didn’t make that any less brutal. And that, dear readers, is why we are putting the writers of tonight’s episode of The Flash, titled “The Death Of Vibe,” on notice. Cisco Ramon is a perfect angel, and anyone who hurts even one perfect hair on his perfect head will have to deal with us. We have no superpowers, but we will be very vocal.

Honestly, there’s no way that whatever happens in this episode will stick. Right?First: The event itself is in the title. Second: It’s the third episode of the season. No way they kill off a character this vital in episode three. Third, and most importantly: You can’t kill Cisco! There have been more than a few episodes of The Flash where the gloom was only penetrated by that keen wit and lustrous mane! Any honest power-ranking of the Arrowverse players would place him at the very top of the heap with Sara Lance, Alex Danvers, Anissa Pierce, and Legends-era Damien Darhk (will accept arguments for Felicity Smoak, but you’d better make them good). In short, there’s no way this is actually the death of Vibe, but that title has us well and truly riled up and we shall not rest until we know Francisco Ramon walks the streets of Central City safe, sound, and with all of his hair. Scott Von Doviak stands ready to talk us off the ledge, should anything crazy happen.

Another preview clip:

Spoiler

Yeah... I'm gonna need them to stop making every villain "unstoppable". Especially on this show where they nearly always bungle the resolution. I mean, if an entire league of superheroes (including Supergirl? COME ON.) can't stop him, then we're supposed to believe Team Flash can? It would be one thing if they had a better track record with the season-long villains, but... I'm already dreading the finale with just that one line.

• Love 1

Award nomination for Flash's Stunt team:

To help celebrate BC performers’ remarkable achievements, the 7th annual UBCP/ACTRA Awards Gala will honour five of its members on December 8th, 2018 for work done this past year. This peer-adjudicated awards show shines the spotlight on the talented performers in BC, and provides an opportunity for industry professionals to share in the celebration with the nominees, winners and fellow community members.

BEST STUNT
Curtis Braconnier and Eli Zagoudakis, Arrow – Life Sentence
Brett Chan and Jeff Sanca, Darc
Brett Chan, Gerald Paetz, Andrew Chin and Mark Chin, Darc
Jon Kralt, Trevor Addie , Chad Bellamy, Adam Chase, Mark Chin, Ken Do, Lucius Fairburn,Kevin Fortin, Kevin Haaland, Zen Humpage, Cody Laudan, Brian Lydiatt, James Mowat, Ryan Moss, Jesse Pierce, Matt Reimer, Shawn Robidoux, Chris Webb, Mike Wu, The Flash – Think Fast
Eli Zagoudakis and JJ Makaro, Arrow – Shifting Allegiances
Eli Zagoudakis, Curtis Braconnier and Will Erichson, Arrow – Brothers in Arms

The UBCP/ACTRA Awards will be held on Saturday, December 8th, 2018 at the Vancouver Playhouse with over 600 industry professionals including UBCP/ACTRA members, press and politicians in attendance.

http://www.ubcp.com/press-releases/2018/10/ubcpactra-awards-2018-nominees-announced/

"Think Fast" was the episode with the 'DeVoe infiltrates ARGUS' sequence.

Edited by Trini

TVLine interview with Chris Klein about Cicada and his arc this season:

TVLINE |  Tell me about Cicada.

Cicada is some kind of villain, man. When I originally sat down with [showrunner] Todd Helbing to really get into the mindset of this guy… this guy has a vendetta. And that vendetta is a promise. We see in [the season premiere] when he comes up to Gridlock, he wants all metahumans to die. That’s dark, man. That’s ferocious. And now that Team Flash has had two really, really violent altercations with this guy, right from the get go, they’ve got to dig in. They know that this is not going to be easy, that they can’t just call on Sherloque to deliver them Cicada. They’re really going to have to get to work.

It also mentions that Cicada's name is Orlin Dwyer. (Interestingly, his daughter's(?) name was credited as 'Grace Gibbons' in 5.03.) He drops a lot of hints about the rest of the season.

CBR interview with Kiana Madeira (Spin):

When your casting was announced, your character was described as an "aspiring social media influencer." Can you talk a little about her relationship with social media?

Originally, Spin -- Spencer Young -- actually worked with Iris at CCPN [Central City Picture News] and, from there, she's starting her own blog. So now she's kind of working on her own and she's using her social media platform to pretty much be the first one to report the biggest news in Central City.

Spin isn't the only influencer in Central City. What can you tell us about her dynamic with Iris West-Allen?

There's definitely some competition between them, which you will see, and I'm excited for that to be introduced. Yeah, there's a little bit of a competition in their relationship, and Spencer Young is a little bit younger than Iris, so there's that kind of vibe between them as well. I would say mostly it's competition.