Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E07: Danger Island: Comparative Wickedness of Civilized and Unenlightened Peoples 2018.06.06

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

(edited)

I missed last week's episode because I forgot it was on.

There's a self-aware montage (which won't translate), AND Pam tripping balls after licking frogs. Yep, it's Archer. This had to be the best episode so far, I can't believe there's only one episode left.

We got a few uncensored F-bombs, too. Going all out for the 100th episode, I see. Loved the return of "What the hell, damn guy?!" (EDIT: Speaking of callbacks, the cast finally got to eat Long Pig)

I loved Malory going nuts on the Nazis. Do NOT get between her and booze, especially spit sangria.

Was not expecting Cyril to go all Mecha Hitler (straight out of Wolfenstein), but here we are. Next week is the finale, and it looks good.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 1

We got a few uncensored F-bombs, too. Going all out for the 100th episode, I see. Loved the return of "What the hell, damn guy?!" (EDIT: Speaking of callbacks, the cast finally got to eat Long Pig)

Why didn't I noticed this? I thought that they were able to sneak some uncensored shits but not f-bombs. Wow this episode had balls

I really enjoyed this episode but seeing Mr. Fuchs in a giant robot mecha suit only reminded me of Castle Wolfenstein

• Love 1

That's how a 100th episode is done. Lots of callbacks from the series, a few from Frisky Dingo (how did I miss "Master Coconut" last week?!? Thanks, AV Club!), and everybody going off the rails. Except for French Ray, who hid from the carnage. And we got a few new terms like "Widowmaker" and "Chub Club." And Archer seemed so into those boys' success. Also, Fuchs basically becomes Cocaine Hitler. In an exo-suit. Works for me.

Really hoping that Archer comes back to "reality" next week. With the final season approaching, I don't really want an "Archer Leap" theme. "Sterling Archer found himself in the past, facing a reflection that was mostly his own. He travels from Archer to Archer, making smartass remarks and pissing people off, and hoping his next leap . . . will be the leap home." Come to think of it, that would be better than the final season of Quantum Leap.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, TVSpectator said:

Why didn't I noticed this? I thought that they were able to sneak some uncensored shits but not f-bombs. 

I've noticed lots of shows doing this lately, Channel Zero on Syfy, The Terror on AMC, Trust on FX. Personally I've always appreciated a good swear word beep. Arrested Development was great at it.

Great episode, loved Crackers and Archer arguing about whether Crackers would be delicious. I can't believe next week is the finale already.

• Love 4
(edited)

Archer went all out for the 100th episode and it showed.  Fun episode. 

Loved Fuchs continual devolve into cocain induced Hitleresque madness.  He even had the cocain mustache.   If I had to be honest he was my favorite part of the episode.    And Mallory going full on Rambo when her gourd of booze got shot was classic.   Plus Pam finally got to eat a person and of course Cheryl is the Cannibles goddess because of course she is.   And Noah commenting that he would have to go home and work in his uncles massage parlor with Swedish models like it was some horrible punishment.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, TVSpectator said:

Wow this episode had balls

But no Mignonette.

11 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Also, Fuchs basically becomes Cocaine Hitler.

There is little doubt that the original "Cocaine Hitler" was Adolph himself.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, TVSpectator said:

Wow this episode had balls

I believe those were in the oyster shells :) 

That was hilarious, great 100th episode! Holy F Bombs, that was unexpected! Lots of call backs, great lines, and action. I do kind of wish we were with the normal cast for the 100th episode, but this was a lot of fun as well. 

The Hitler Laurel and Hardy logs made me laugh way too hard. Followed by Archer noting that maybe they should have spent more time on combat, and less time on carving Nazi logs. 

Dont EVER get between Mallory and her booze.

• Love 3

A fucking terrific 100th episode, and D-Day tribute as well! Take that, Nazi bastards!

So the Mua Mua didn't seem too broken up at their population being basically halved, but hey, cannibals accept long odds, I guess. I wonder who they hunt and devour when Nazi Stormtroopers aren't available? How populated are these islands?

My only real complaint about this season is that Lana really doesn't have much to do at all. It's like they had good plans for her character being totally Americanized to the point where she not only couldn't relate to her people or speak the language, but was cheerfully planning to steal their most sacred object and banged a Nazi to achieve that goal (geez, it sounds really bad when you say it out loud!) but then they couldn't be bothered to actually do more than the barest outlines of that. It's like, if you're gonna go there with Lana, you've got to climb that mountain, not get out of your car, wander over to the snack bar, and then go home.

The finale better feature both a vengeful baby monkey and a Crackers hat.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Snookums said:

The finale better feature both a vengeful baby monkey

Yes it had better!

I loved loved loved how the Cheryl story line seems to be a nod to Heart of Darkness and Kurtz believing he was a god and how that relates to Noah and Heart of Archness.

Pam looks so beautiful this season. It is a real contrast, facially, from the way she was drawn in earlier seasons.

I loved the part where Malory grabs the automatic weapon from Archer's hands and mows down the Nazis and Archer is all, "Hey! I was going to do that!" because that part seemed very real and very much like their "real world" relationship. 

17 hours ago, Snookums said:

My only real complaint about this season is that Lana really doesn't have much to do at all. It's like they had good plans for her character being totally Americanized to the point where she not only couldn't relate to her people or speak the language, but was cheerfully planning to steal their most sacred object and banged a Nazi to achieve that goal (geez, it sounds really bad when you say it out loud!) but then they couldn't be bothered to actually do more than the barest outlines of that. It's like, if you're gonna go there with Lana, you've got to climb that mountain, not get out of your car, wander over to the snack bar, and then go home.

I saw a commercial this morning for a show she has on AMC (I think). Maybe that's why we haven't seen much of her? I dunno.

• Love 1
On 6/6/2018 at 10:48 PM, Lantern7 said:

With the final season approaching, I don't really want an "Archer Leap" theme.

If they did Archer Quantum Leap I would pay for it.

On 6/7/2018 at 11:48 PM, Snookums said:

My only real complaint about this season is that Lana really doesn't have much to do at all.

On 6/8/2018 at 9:34 AM, TresGatos said:

Pam looks so beautiful this season. It is a real contrast, facially, from the way she was drawn in earlier seasons.

Given that Poovey was Archer's partner last season, I'm wondering if this is Archers' subconscious working out that Pam is a better partner both romantically and as a friend than Lana. This version of Pam is clearly the hottest by far, and I'm assuming this is how he sees her now. 

Honestly, the whole battle plan was really well done and believable. Just because the nazis have a lot of machine guns doesn't necessarily mean they win. The natives know the terrain and planned traps. Some of them did die too, but it was a thrilling sequence. 

• Love 2