Type keyword(s) to search

Legacies in the Media

• Start Topic

The CW Network Announces New Six-Night Primetime Schedule for 2018-19

9:00-10:00 PM LEGACIES (@CWLegacies #Legacies)

For the last decade, the iconic heroes and villains of The Vampire Diaries and The Originals have captivated audiences worldwide. They left an enduring legacy of love and family in their wake, which continues in LEGACIES, a thrilling new drama that tells the story of the next generation of supernatural beings at The Salvatore School for the Young and Gifted. It's here that Klaus Mikaelson's daughter, 17-year-old Hope Mikaelson; Alaric Saltzman's twins, Lizzie and Josie Saltzman; and other young adults - including political scion MG and the mysterious Landon Kirby - come of age in the most unconventional way possible, nurtured to be their best selves... in spite of their worst impulses. Will these young witches, vampires and werewolves become the heroes they want to be - or the villains they were born to be? As they fight to protect their secret, their town of Mystic Falls and eventually the world, they will have to rely on ancient folklore and tales to learn how to battle their far-reaching enemies. LEGACIES stars Danielle Rose Russell, Jenny Boyd, Kaylee Bryant, Quincy Fouse and Aria Shaghasemi, with Matt Davis. LEGACIES is from Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios in association with My So-Called Company, with executive producers Julie Plec ("The Vampire Diaries"), Brett Matthews ("The Vampire Diaries"), Leslie Morgenstein ("The Vampire Diaries," "Pretty Little Liars") and Gina Girolamo ("The Originals").

It looks good.

I stopped watching The Vampire Diaries in season 5 and the Originals in season one after they tried to retcon Tyler into the villain of Hayley and Klaus storyline. 

Would someone be able to give me the rundown on why Caroline isn't in the spin off as I thought she was the twins mother? Also where Hayley or Klaus is?

Obviously the actors probably didn't want to return but Moreso where the characters are.

Caroline has shown up as a guest star on The Originals, so I'd expect her to show up as a guest star on Legacies as well. I don't know what else she's doing but apparently it isn't acting. Her IMDB profile for the last few years only shows The Vampire Diaries and The Originals.

As far as Hayley and Klaus are concerned, I'll spoiler tag that for those of us who haven't caught up with the latest episodes of The Originals.

Spoiler

Hayley is dead and in this week's episode Klaus was going to sacrifice has life to save Hope. We'll see next week in the series finale if that actually happens or if he survives. Of course Hope is at a boarding school so I wouldn't expect Klaus to be in most episodes even if he lives.

The CW’s ‘All American’, ‘Charmed’ & ‘Legacies’ Get Backup Script Orders Ahead Of Premieres

The CW is giving a major vote of confidence to its fall 2018 freshman class, handing additional script orders to all three of its new series on the eve of their debuts. Berlanti Productions’ All American and Jennie Snyder Urman’s Charmed reboot have been picked up for five additional scripts, while Julie Plec’s the Vampire Diaries./The Originals universe follow-up Legacies is getting three additional scripts.

Trying to decide if i should watch this. I was burned by the Vampire Diaries and didn't watch The Originals but the trailer for this looks non-horrible. So much teen drama. I guess I'll give it a shot for the pilot at least.

On 10/9/2018 at 9:22 AM, Minneapple said:

Trying to decide if i should watch this. I was burned by the Vampire Diaries and didn't watch The Originals but the trailer for this looks non-horrible. So much teen drama. I guess I'll give it a shot for the pilot at least.

I'm out. Plec can't have any more of my time.I loved TVD and then it went off the rails. Same for Originals. If I were you I'd watch the originals but stop before the final season and make up your own ending.  They used a few episodes of the originals as a back door pilot for this show and it looked...like another teenage vampire show.  My opinion of course! Do with it what you will. 

54 minutes ago, MissL said:

They used a few episodes of the originals as a back door pilot for this show and it looked...like another teenage vampire show

And unfortunately, it doesn’t look nearly as interesting as other teen vampire shows like Buffy or the earlier seasons of TVD. 

• Love 1

I'm going to give this a try, but TVD turned to total crap at the end, & I never watched The Originals because I despised them on TVD so much that they ruined the show for me, so I may not stick.

On 11/9/2018 at 1:55 PM, RachelKM said:

Does Landon have to be in them?

Watching the trailer above, it looks like they reimagined Landon's character. There's a big emphasis on him being a local human boy finding out that Hope is a witch (he writes in a journal!). Which reminds me - the show is missing its 'diaries' motif. Elijah had his diaries that Hayley read when she moved into the Mikaelson House. Klaus had his diaries, the memoirs that he compelled Cami to write for him. And the last season brings up Alaric's diaries and Stefan's as part of the school library. By all rights, Hope or one of the twins should have a diary too. But it's never been mentioned. 

37 minutes ago, GaT said:

Season 1 is going to be on Netflix on April 5th. That's quick.

That's the CW-Netflix deal. All CW shows will have their current season on Netflix in the US 8 days after the season finale airs.

• Love 4

Season was reduced to 16 episodes

Tonight, March 26, will be the final original episode this spring for sophomore Legacies, its 16th for the season. For various reasons, that is the number of episodes The Vampire Diaries offshoot had wrapped filming before the shutdown. To fill the scheduling hole Legacy‘s departure will leave, the CW is bringing in earlier than previously planned Season 2 of In the Dark.

• Useful 1

CW 2021 schedule

The CW plans to start its new season in January 2021 with Legacies on Thursdays at 9PM,

That is all if there is not further major production disruption from the coronavirus pandemic next year. While “we take an optimistic view at the moment,” Pedowitz acknowledged the CW also continues to look at acquisitions of English-language scripted series and is in discussions on multiple projects as a contingency, in case Hollywood production does not resume by fall.

• Useful 1
17 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

It's been so long since the season finale aired that my reaction to this news was WHO THE HELL IS ETHAN?

He appeared in just three episodes in the first half of the season. He was supposed to have a bigger role with his sister and his Sheriff mother but they basically dropped them entirely in the second half of season 2. I genuinely thought that family was gone forever. I would have been fine with that. I really really don't care about Ethan getting a bigger role. He made no impact on me when he appeared in season 2.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

It's been so long since the season finale aired that my reaction to this news was WHO THE HELL IS ETHAN?

Honestly, it would have been fair either way.  He was in a handful of episodes at the beginning of last season. 

I guess they wanted to make the Salvatore School vs. townies thing more personal (as opposed to S1 when the townies were just kids we didn't know who played football against them once a year) but I'd rather see existing characters (Rafael, MG, Kaleb) get more storylines instead of bringing in more new people. We already have so many of the S1 characters getting shoved off to the side and I'm pretty sure that making newer characters like Ethan into series regulars isn't going to help that problem.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1