Type keyword(s) to search

Legacies in the Media

• Start Topic

TVLine has an "exclusive sneak peek" 45-second clip from next week's season premiere.

Here's the official description for the episode, pulled from the CW's PR website:

You Have to Pick One This Time (Ep# 317)

SEASON PREMIERE -- After learning that Malivore has taken over Landon's (Aria Shahghasemi) body, Hope (Danielle Rose Russell) and the Super Squad come up with a risky plan to rescue Landon, as well as Cleo (guest star Omono Okojie), who has been absorbed into Malivore's darkness. Meanwhile, an impromptu date with Finch (guest star Courtney Bandeko) brings up a subject that Josie (Kaylee Bryant) is not ready to talk about. Matthew Davis, Jenny Boyd, Quincy Fouse, Chris Lee, Ben Levin and Leo Howard also star. The episode was written by Mark Ryan Walberg and directed by Tony Solomons (#317). Original airdate 10/14/2021.

Edited by Just Here

Legacies Actress Exits After 4 Seasons

https://tvline.com/2021/12/16/legacies-kaylee-bryant-leaving-josie-saltzman-statement/

The Dec. 16 episode of The CW’s Legacies marked Kaylee Bryant‘s final appearance as a series regular, TVLine has learned exclusively. Bryant has portrayed Josie Saltzman since the Vampire Diaries/Originals offshoot premiered in October 2018.

“As a fan of The Vampire Diaries universe myself, thank you to The CW and Warner Bros. TV for giving me this opportunity,” Bryant says in a statement obtained by TVLine. “I am so grateful to the fans and will love them always and forever for welcoming and accepting me into this world. Josie has helped so many beautiful humans feel comfortable in their sexuality, and I hope her legacy lives on so that one day everyone feels free to love whoever they want regardless of gender.”

But is this really the last we’ll see of Josie? That answer can be found (to an extent) in the statement we obtained from executive producers Julie Plec and Brett Matthews: “While it’s heartbreaking to say goodbye to such a beloved Super Squad member, we wish Kaylee happiness and success. We look forward to watching her career grow in the future, and our door at Legacies will always be open to her, because the world is simply a better place with Josie Saltzman in it.”

• Useful 1
8 hours ago, Artsda said:

Legacies Actress Exits After 4 Seasons

https://tvline.com/2021/12/16/legacies-kaylee-bryant-leaving-josie-saltzman-statement/

The Dec. 16 episode of The CW’s Legacies marked Kaylee Bryant‘s final appearance as a series regular, TVLine has learned exclusively. Bryant has portrayed Josie Saltzman since the Vampire Diaries/Originals offshoot premiered in October 2018.

“As a fan of The Vampire Diaries universe myself, thank you to The CW and Warner Bros. TV for giving me this opportunity,” Bryant says in a statement obtained by TVLine. “I am so grateful to the fans and will love them always and forever for welcoming and accepting me into this world. Josie has helped so many beautiful humans feel comfortable in their sexuality, and I hope her legacy lives on so that one day everyone feels free to love whoever they want regardless of gender.”

But is this really the last we’ll see of Josie? That answer can be found (to an extent) in the statement we obtained from executive producers Julie Plec and Brett Matthews: “While it’s heartbreaking to say goodbye to such a beloved Super Squad member, we wish Kaylee happiness and success. We look forward to watching her career grow in the future, and our door at Legacies will always be open to her, because the world is simply a better place with Josie Saltzman in it.”

I see "The Merge" happening in the very near future.

Cancelled in the CW purge.  Bummed. This and Legend of Tomorrow were 2 of the 3 shows I still watched on this channel. Other being Lois & Superman.  

I know this show doesn't get a lot of interaction here but I will miss it and I personally enjoyed it even when it wasn't that great. I still liked watching it.

• Love 2

Luke Mitchell just can’t catch a break.  Either he is the kiss of death and his shows get cancelled (The Tomorrow People, The Code, The Republic of Sarah, Legacies) or he is on fairly successful series but his character gets killed (Agents of SHIELD, Blindspot)

I realize he was only a recurring character on this show and this show was a victim of the CW Purge so it’s not really his fault, but still.

For me, while I enjoyed the show for the most part,  CW never did it any favors scheduling wise.  The show would have two or three new episodes and then be off for two months.  Come back have two episodes and then be off for like four weeks.  That is honestly what killed my interest in the show, it just got to the point where it was hard for me to follow or even care about and this is not the only show that CW does this with. 

• Love 2

This CW purge has been brutal, the reaper has visited many a show this week. I'm sad that the show is ending, even if it has been pretty aimless for awhile, and its weird scheduling has done it no favors. I hate when networks will take shows off the air and put them back on at random times, how am I expected to know when to tune in? 

At least we now know that Malivor is gone for good...

• Love 1

Julie Plec Salutes ‘Legacies’, ‘Roswell’ & ‘The Endgame’ Teams In Social Media Farewells, Promises Satisfying Finales For CW Shows

“One last thing re: Roswell and Legacies. (The CW CEO) Mark Pedowitz & his team at The CW had the class & grace to warn the shows that they might not survive, even if The CW wanted them. Because of that, the season finales of both shows were carefully crafted to also work as series finales.

“I can speak for #Legacies in saying that Brett and I and the writing team poured all kinds of love into it. And there are a couple surprises for long-time #TVDU fans that may just blow your mind.”

• Useful 1