Type keyword(s) to search

Roswell, New Mexico: In the Media

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, I don't think anyone outside of Tyler/PLL/Roswell fans really cares lol.

Let's be real...besides major casting news, none of the major entertainment sites care about the show at all lol

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Yep, the pandemic and difficult time producing new material definitely had a role in this. 

I really hope the lack of Carina, who seemed pretty toxic, will help the show. 

Jeanine's tweet was cute. Height difference!

• Love 2
On 2/3/2021 at 5:53 PM, Cristofle said:

I really hope the lack of Carina, who seemed pretty toxic, will help the show. 

I never thought I'd see a worse showrunner than 2002 Marti Noxon, but Carina proved me wrong.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 2

For someone as busy as Carina claims she is, she spends all her time on Twitter. Literally all day. She’ll either name drop RNM which I didn’t think she had any involvement in anymore or allude to her projects lined up for which I’m not sure I believe she has much..

https://www.tvinsider.com/1000150/alien-tv-shows-star-trek-lower-decks-roswell-new-mexico-war-of-worlds/

Spoiler

Roswell, New Mexico

Nathan Dean Parsons pulls double duty in Season 3 as hero alien Max and Mr. Jones, the mysterious stowaway from the 1947 UFO crash. While Jones reveals Max’s origin story, biomedical engineer Liz (Jeanine Mason) starts anew in Cali. “Cutting-edge science, a lab partner with abs as great as his mind and an ocean view are a pretty great place for her to be,” says showrunner Chris Hollier. “[But] is it the right place for her to thrive?” —Mandi Bierly Season Premiere, Monday, July 26, 8/7c, The CW

I don't think they're brothers, or at least not twins. Max was a young child when Jones was an adult in a couple of flashbacks. I've always assumed (granted, without much evidence, lol) that Max is either some clone of Jones, or his son. 

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Avabelle said:

I just watched the comic con panel - they seem like such a close knit and nice cast. I love that.

It was pretty fun! I have to say, so far I find Chris easier to deal with than Carina, lol.

Here is a link if anyone is interested - beware, there are spoilers for later episodes, including at least a couple clips. But I'll cross-post if anyone wants to check it out but avoid other spoilers.

• Love 1

‘Roswell, New Mexico’: Andrew Lees & Zoe Cipres Join Season 4 Of CW Series As Recurring

Andrew-Lees-Zoe-cipres.jpg?w=681&h=383&c

Andrew Lees and Zoe Cipres will have recurring roles on the upcoming fourth season of the CW’s Roswell, New Mexico.

They play Bonnie and Clyde, a duo of thieves robbing Roswell’s banks, determined to steal back what’s rightfully theirs.

Clyde has deeply held beliefs, fighting to keep his family on the right path. 

Bonnie is a caring, voraciously curious woman, with an impulsive nature, struggling to find her place on this Earth.

Bonnie and Clyde both see a potential ally in Michael (Michael Vlamis).

ROS_S4_8x12.jpg

With Liz Ortecho (Jeanine Mason) and Max Evans (Nathan Dean) finally able to best Max’s clone, Mr. Jones, at the end of Season 3, it seems a bit of happiness is finally ahead for them. Little do they know, a new threat is emerging down in Careyes, Mexico when a naked alien is brought to an American scientist (Shiri Appleby) in a nearby cantina. As this mysterious new alien is set on a collision course with our heroes, we’ll discover that Mr. Jones might be gone, but his vile plan for two worlds might just live on.

Meanwhile, our couples contemplate new crossroads and definitions of their relationships. A new mystery that mimics the crash of ’47 in Roswell forces Alex Manes (Tyler Blackburn) and Michael Guerin (Michael Vlamis) to balance personal goals and undercover work; Maria’s (Heather Hemmens) potential cure for her regenerative disease comes with a shocking twist; and Dallas (Quentin Pilar), Isobel (Lily Cowles) and Kyle (Michael Trevino) contemplate new layers of how their families might all be connected.

All these new revelations unfold as our sleepy town of Roswell, New Mexico gets woken up by a daring daylight bank robbery where mysteriously not a single dollar is touched. But what was taken just might shed new light on the crash from ’47 and what Max Evans’ true purpose has been all along.

• Love 2

So Max wants to propose, is the vibe I'm getting from the first part of the trailer.

There's another triad. So who knows how many other aliens are floating around.

Was hoping for a little Shiri, but you can't win 'em all!

9 minutes ago, Cristofle said:

Was hoping for a little Shiri, but you can't win 'em all!

So Shiri will be an “American scientist” in Mexico?:

38 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

a new threat is emerging down in Careyes, Mexico when a naked alien is brought to an American scientist (Shiri Appleby) in a nearby cantina. As this mysterious new alien is set on a collision course with our heroes, we’ll discover that Mr. Jones might be gone, but his vile plan for two worlds might just live on.

• Love 1

I figured when they didn't get renewed when they did in previous seasons. A bit of a bummer they didn't quite make their five year plan, but oh well. We've still got S4 to watch. I HOPE they potentially saw this coming? 

In a larger sense, is it me or did the CW cancel more shows than they even have pilots for? I remember there was talk in the news some months back that the CW was more or less going under.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Avabelle said:

The network has been sold. Not sure who to but that’s the reason they’re culling so many shows when they had always renewed them.

Ah, yeah. I was more surprised about Legends, Legacies, and Dynasty (supposedly it performs really well on Netflix).

I’m really sorry to everyone who lost their job today, though. From all the shows.

• Love 1

Given how last season was such a fizzle, I'm not surprised it is getting cancelled, but certainly, I wish they had given the show a head's up so they could find a way to tie up loose strings.

I felt like the show lost some of its edge when the Core characters all got along with each other for so many episodes.  Lack of interpersonal conflict doesn't always lead to good tv.

And, I wanted to see Kyle and Isobel get together.  :(

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Quickbeam said:

I know it is cancelled but does anyone know if they will show the episodes they filmed? I’m confused since it seemed like they had a season ready to go. I’ll miss it. 

The 4th and final season starts on Monday, June 6th.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

I doubt they will do any press for it though because why should the network waste money promoting a show that’s been cancelled already.  

Networks might throw money at a lame duck show to keep advertisers happy with ratings so the advertisers might sign on with a similar, future project?

But the nature of the CW network shakeup could be such that “they” (whoever “they” are) would be just as happy to sabotage the ratings.

This all reminds me of OG Roswell being shuffled from the WB to UPN to SyFy   
—–or was it to SciFi and then to SyFy?

A bit of déjà vu. 

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Oh wow, I don't remember that. I thought it was always on WB. 

My memory isn't perfect either, I guess?

Wikipedia just says it went from the WB to UPN: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roswell_(TV_series)#Airing_history_and_reception

But when I moved August 2001 for a job, I remember paying for cable to get the Sci-fi/Syfy channel to see the last season, which IMDb does at least verify ran from October 2001 to May 2002
And I know where I was on Sept. 11, 2001 (walking to work, trying to call my daughter on my flip phone; she was a freshman at NYU,  living 1 mile from Ground Zero). 🤷‍♀️

IDK. Maybe I had to get cable to get UPN and then watched reruns of Roswell on the (then) Sci-Fi Channel?

Anyway,
Wikipedia gives the background of the WB and UPN becoming the CW, and the future demise of the CW here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_CW#1993–2006:_Predecessors_and_formation

I'm both glad that I got to see the reimagining of Roswell and disappointed. Unless this last season is better (IMO) I won't mind it being the last. 
I was happy to see Carlos Compean as Liz's father, Arturo Ortecho, in the promo.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Useful 1
22 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

My memory isn't perfect either, I guess?

Wikipedia just says it went from the WB to UPN: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roswell_(TV_series)#Airing_history_and_reception

But when I moved August 2001 for a job, I remember paying for cable to get the Sci-fi/Syfy channel to see the last season, which IMDb does at least verify ran from October 2001 to May 2002
And I know where I was on Sept. 11, 2001 (walking to work, trying to call my daughter on my flip phone; she was a freshman at NYU,  living 1 mile from Ground Zero). 🤷‍♀️

IDK. Maybe I had to get cable to get UPN and then watched reruns of Roswell on the (then) Sci-Fi Channel?

Anyway,
Wikipedia gives the background of the WB and UPN becoming the CW, and the future demise of the CW here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_CW#1993–2006:_Predecessors_and_formation

I'm both glad that I got to see the reimagining of Roswell and disappointed. Unless this last season is better (IMO) I won't mind it being the last. 
I was happy to see Carlos Compean as Liz's father, Arturo Ortecho, in the promo.

It ran on the WB for seasons 1 and 2 (1999-2001) and then packaged with Buffy and moved to UPN for season 3 (2001-2002).  It only ever aired on Sci-Fi/Sy-Fy in reruns after the show ended...which I think happened fairly quickly, possibly a year or two later.  I didn't have cable yet during that period I was in high school and if the show had moved to cable at any point while it was still airing, I would have been begging my mom to get it.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
On 5/28/2022 at 11:31 AM, KittenPokerCheater said:

I doubt they will do any press for it though because why should the network waste money promoting a show that’s been cancelled already.  

Yeah, and I got the impression the Flash headwriter was stressed about how he was going to deal with his show (he was very uncertain on if he could give any closure to Legends fans), so I feel like The CW has simply totally thrown in the towel on even some of their shows that are continuing, let alone the bunch that got canceled.

• Useful 1

Who bought the CW? I remember when WB and UPN merged into the CW back in the day. Given that the CW was mostly about teen/young adult programing, I wonder what will rise to take its place. Even with streaming and influencers kids want to watch tv shows. I wonder if relationship driven dramas (like Dawson's and One Tree Hill) will be back on the upswing after the last decade of genre/adventure teen shows being popular.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Who bought the CW? 

I googled and the only thing I cold find was this, which says "CW owners Warner Bros. Discovery and Paramount Global are set to clinch a sale to giant station owner Nexstar Broadcasting in a few weeks."

• Useful 3