Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

4 minutes ago, CheerGoddess said:

THIS. I appreciate your opinion on this and I agree. However, good for Tara for not buying into the bs that is VK and for not standing in a corner and accepting it as is. A shame she got cut for it though. I really liked her. 

Are we sure this happened or is just speculation. Maybe we should give Tara space and let her adjust to being cut before she lets others know what really happened. Will the world end if we did not know the whole story.

Edited by bigskygirl
15 minutes ago, h2ogirl said:

Hopefully she'll prove me wrong in future episodes. 

She will :)

2 hours ago, MamaV said:

Me too!!  Go Sens Devils!!  ? ? ? 

Fixed that for ya ;-)

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Are we sure this happened or is just speculation. Maybe we should give Tara space and let her adjust to being cut before she lets others know what really happened. Will the world end if we did not know the whole story.

I meant it if the speculation about this being behind her cut is true. I certainly did not mean to imply that it 100% happened. My apologies :)

5 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

I'll get my pitchfork ready if this comes out as true---seriously, Victoria is the reason we lost Tara I genuinely hope she never graces the DCC audition doorsteps again. 

LOL’ed at the pitchfork statement. I can’t help but imagine this being us if we get confirmation this was the reason behind Tara’s cut ?

A762BAF6-91D3-4AAF-AC58-4D9D1F4122B5.gif

Edited by CheerGoddess
  • Love 6
35 minutes ago, h2ogirl said:

Totally unpopular opinion (sorry!) but I do not understand the Brennan love on here. I'm sure she is a lovely person, but she always looks scared and her eyes are crossed. She's just not fun to watch. I cannot see your average dude NFL fan liking her on the big screen. I don't get it. 

I seem to be one who likes the less popular gals...Brennan, Christina, etc. It may be due to my age (55). Things like persistence, spirit, character, speaking ability, matter more to me than just the appearance. The two gals I mentioned, I am sure could go out on any public  speaking engagement and never give a moment's worry to Kelli or Charlotte. We also have to remember that it is not just the guys who are looking at the cheerleaders - as obvious from this board, women are interested in them as well. Besides, men most often are looking at the body instead of the face (checked with hubby on that one, not sure what that might say about ME, LOL).

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, Agent Gully said:

I seem to be one who likes the less popular gals...Brennan, Christina, etc. It may be due to my age (55). Things like persistence, spirit, character, speaking ability, matter more to me than just the appearance. The two gals I mentioned, I am sure could go out on any public  speaking engagement and never give a moment's worry to Kelli or Charlotte. We also have to remember that it is not just the guys who are looking at the cheerleaders - as obvious from this board, women are interested in them as well. Besides, men most often are looking at the body instead of the face (checked with hubby on that one, not sure what that might say about ME, LOL).

We are the same age. I like Christina. I think my problem with Brennan is the blasted new storyline of Kelli feels "regret" for cutting her last year because one vet and two rookies were cut or left before the DCC Season was totally over. If they did not focus on it and move on without using Brennan to cover up why the girls really left, I would be happy for Brennan. I still feel she is being used for another storyline, and she probably wanted to earn her uniform without fans and viewers thinking it was guilt and regret leading Kelli to wanting her on the squad.

4 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

We are the same age. I like Christina. I think my problem with Brennan is the blasted new storyline of Kelli feels "regret" for cutting her last year because one vet and two rookies were cut or left before the DCC Season was totally over. If they did not focus on it and move on without using Brennan to cover up why the girls really left, I would be happy for Brennan. I still feel she is being used for another storyline, and she probably wanted to earn her uniform without fans and viewers thinking it was guilt and regret leading Kelli to wanting her on the squad.

I agree with you on that. If I were in her position, I would want everyone (and myself) to know I made the team on my own merits.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, BonnieBlue said:

Apparently she was overheard being critical of the favoritism Victoria was getting, and it got back to Kelli.

Wait for it.......wait for it.....there it is !!!! Someone said it thank you ...princess got picked on 

1 minute ago, Agent Gully said:

I agree with you on that. If I were in her position, I would want everyone (and myself) to know I made the team on my own merits.

What’s terrible about the entire ordeal is that much could have been avoided if Kelli would have not turned a blind eye to Jenna and Holly from the year before and addressed the issue then .

• Love 7
On 8/13/2018 at 5:09 PM, bigskygirl said:

Do we know if vets or other TC Candidates have not been sent to a doctor and/or nutritionist before. When Rachel was injured during TC, she was sent to a Cowboys doctor. I think other girls have been sent to them, but it was not mention or possibly shown on the show before.

If injured while performing, all the girls see the Cowboys' doctors. Not sure what you asking about nutritionists. Deryn Derbigny hurt her abductor or hip muscle in training camp in her second season (or was it her rookie season) and she saw Dr. Cooper, the big shot for the Cowboys.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, lfedncr said:

Wait for it.......wait for it.....there it is !!!! Someone said it thank you ...princess got picked on 

What’s terrible about the entire ordeal is that much could have been avoided if Kelli would have not turned a blind eye to Jenna and Holly from the year before and addressed the issue then .

I must be confused because if Tara was allegedly complaining about Victoria and her favoritism, and Victoria was cut the night after Tara was cut, why would Kelli give a fig newton about what Tara thought. I bet dollars to donuts Tara was not the only one complaining about Victoria. The whole thing is odd to me.

In the case of Holly and Jenna, Kelli probably did not want to lose Jenna because she seem to be the resident snitch who was willing out others to save her spot on the squad. She was darn lucky Kelli kept her on the squad when she started with her I am the victim here because I had to tell on Holly and Erica. Judy probably wanted to cut her, but once again she was overruled by Kelli and Charlotte.

12 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

If injured while performing, all the girls see the Cowboys' doctors. Not sure what you asking about nutritionists. Deryn Derbigny hurt her abductor or hip muscle in training camp in her second season (or was it her rookie season) and she saw Dr. Cooper, the big shot for the Cowboys.

When TCC Courtney Russ and Veterans Brittany and Veronica were sent to My Fit Foods, Kelly was sitting right there when they did their food inventory.  Don't know if that is considered a "nutritionist", but it was definitely food planning.  When Tessa got hurt in training camp, she also went to the Cowboys' doctor.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Donna S said:

When TCC Courtney Russ and Veterans Brittany and Veronica were sent to My Fit Foods, Kelly was sitting right there when they did their food inventory.  Don't know if that is considered a "nutritionist", but it was definitely food planning.  When Tessa got hurt in training camp, she also went to the Cowboys' doctor.

My Fit Food was a corporate sponsor, no more not less. DCC exploited those girls — I am sure they did not get paid for that partnership. It was a joke — they wanted Britney Schram to be the face of the the DCC for that campaign and basically invented a weight problem for her.

• Love 10

So I was rewatching season 13 episode 2, and my husband walks in and is like, "So I have something cynical I'd like to say about this show. You know how every year they do these sob profiles on girls? Like this year was the girl whose dad died of cancer..." And I say yes. He then adds, "Then why in the hell did they focus on that girl who had psoriasis or eczema or whatever. Like that was actually the worst thing that happened that year to any girl and they chose to highlight it? This is worse than America's Next Top Model."

LOLOLOL. Gotta love the man.

Edited by Pebbles116
  • Love 18
15 minutes ago, Pebbles116 said:

So I was rewatching season 13 episode 2, and my husband walks in and is like, "So I have something cynical I'd like to say about this show. You know how every year they do these sob profiles on girls? Like this year was the girl whose dad died of cancer..." And I say yes. He then adds, "Then why in the hell did they focus on that girl who had psoriasis or eczema or whatever. Like that was actually the worst thing that happened that year to any girl and they chose to highlight it? This is worse than America's Next Top Model."

Yes, I love this! Maggie was the one who had psoriasis, and even though I loved her, I was always confused as to why that story took up her intro. There had to have been something else she could’ve talked about ?

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Pebbles116 said:

Just now, CheerGoddess said:

Yes, I love this! Maggie was the one who had psoriasis, and even though I loved her, I was always confused as to why that story took up her intro. There had to have been something else she could’ve talked about ?

I couldn't even remember who it was when he said that!

• Love 1
10 hours ago, BonnieBlue said:

I posted it, but I deleted it after I realized it was unfair and just my emotional reaction to hearing how the squad this year is going to be even whiter than we'd imagined.  I apologize.

It’s still up. I just read it.

1 hour ago, DCC.Style.fan said:

Routine -  Routon  Yall must have thought I was a real dumb ass from DC who cant spell crouton!  I will never look at the croutons on my salad the same!

No!!! It was MY OWN BRAIN. Your UN was/is awesome! It’s just my eyes, brain changed it. Lol. 

• Love 1
On 8/12/2018 at 7:38 PM, WickedMom said:

She was cut!???  I think she was my TCC favorite!

Mine, too!  She's from a suburb of Kansas City (where I live) and I was really rooting for her.  Hope she comes back next year!

• Love 1
8 hours ago, NotaDCCheerleader said:

Well, the first statement is dependent on who you believe when it comes to insiders. I refuse to get into the Victoria arguments again, it is what it is  

Secondly, you can “what if” all you choose. The fact remains that Alexandria and co did leave and their departures did eventually affect Brennan and thereby Kelli’s perception of cutting Brennan last year. Since Brennan put her big girl undies on and came back, it’s a fair storyline, IMO.

Third, Kaitlin made it back to camp because she was a vet and had a successful year prior to auditions. Morgan had Kitty influence on her side which helped get her on the team and the fact that she was a “locker room favorite” helped to propel her through the year. Morgan’s own actions got herself cut the following year. Ashley Pro made it because Kelli thought she was beautiful, could relate to her experience and Emma vouched for her. I honestly do not have any information on Breelan. Just that she was young and cute but had a lot to learn. 

Finally, regarding Melissa, you’re right, that has nothing to do with the DCC organization. She was under contract with CMT at that time and her reality show had been canceled. As she is a former DCC, CMT figured why the fuck not and added her to the mix. Kelli is an executive producer and as such, could have stopped Melissa being on the show but she is the most well known former DCC and Melissa has a strong following; it’s a win win for all involved. 

I am done now. 

I think the truth is probably somewhere in the middle of what you are saying and what Bigskygirl is saying. Making the team is a reality show and all reality shows have storylines. Kelley and Charlotte and Judy are all playing up the storylines,  either ones they are helping to script or ones that CMT picks up on and wants to script. They also have producers and people combing through the scenes they shoot to pick up on storylines that they think might be interesting. I don't think in the end they're (DCC) taking girls that they don't want to have on the team, but it doesn't mean they wouldn't put a couple of girls in training camp for the benefit of a story line.  They do you make money  off of the show and they do want it to be successful. Successful reality shows have storylines that people are interested in and want to follow. They also have to have new drama every year to keep the viewers coming back for more.  I do agree that the whole Melissa as a mentor thing is scripted by CMT. However if you look back at the team pictures when Melissa Rycroft was on the team she was certainly very beautiful and they put her in the front row or right up front in both of those team pictures so somebody liked her when she was a DCC. I guess she could be considered successful in a television personality kind of way. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DCC.Style.fan said:

DCCRoutinefan here!    Can't have everyone on here thinking I am a crouton fan who cant spell!   LOL 

I knew it was “routine” - you knew the songs used, the routines used and when performed.  You also knew when routines were recycled and to what songs. 

8 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Hahaha every year my husband sees me watching it and says "oh Lordy are you trying to be a cheerleader again?"

I'm living somewhat vicariously here, too.  I was on our junior high and senior high school drill team/pom squad for 5 years total, and am now 54 years old!  Re-living my own "glory days", I suppose!

• Love 10
1 minute ago, catmom720 said:

I'm living somewhat vicariously here, too.  I was on our junior high and senior high school drill team/pom squad for 5 years total, and am now 54 years old!  Re-living my own "glory days", I suppose!

Same.

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

No!!! It was MY OWN BRAIN. Your UN was/is awesome! It’s just my eyes, brain changed it. Lol. 

The voice in my head always said Croutine?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, h2ogirl said:

Totally unpopular opinion (sorry!) but I do not understand the Brennan love on here. I'm sure she is a lovely person, but she always looks scared and her eyes are crossed. She's just not fun to watch. I cannot see your average dude NFL fan liking her on the big screen. I don't get it. 

I don’t like Brennan either. Does not look like a DCC and her facials when dancing have got to be all time worst on the show.   Smh how she made it.   

• Love 10
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

I must be confused because if Tara was allegedly complaining about Victoria and her favoritism, and Victoria was cut the night after Tara was cut, why would Kelli give a fig newton about what Tara thought. I bet dollars to donuts Tara was not the only one complaining about Victoria. The whole thing is odd to me.

In the case of Holly and Jenna, Kelli probably did not want to lose Jenna because she seem to be the resident snitch who was willing out others to save her spot on the squad. She was darn lucky Kelli kept her on the squad when she started with her I am the victim here because I had to tell on Holly and Erica. Judy probably wanted to cut her, but once again she was overruled by Kelli and Charlotte.

I wonder if Kelli was still debating what to do about VK, or still finding out stuff.  She’s mad about it, sees Tara as being insubordinate and that’s it.  Which if all this is true, still lessens the respect I have for Kelli and really makes me respect Tara even more.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, HateWatcher said:

Cross eyes are not HD friendly. Why would K&J put her in that potentially humiliating position?

Brennan may appear to have cross eyes, but I've studied quite a few of her pictures and it doesn't appear that she actually has them. I had eye surgery twice to correct this issue so the second it appeared my little one had the same issue I marched her straight into the eye doctor. Turns out, it was the shape of her nose that gave the appearance of cross eyes. He told me a trick to look for in pictures and I haven't seen any glaring differences in close up shots of her. I think it has to do with nose and face structure. My little girl eventually outgrew that awkward look, I don't think Brennan did. 

That said, the surgery is relatively easy and the recovery is fast. I truly believe if Brennan actually had crossed eyes, she would have solved that years ago. 

• Love 3

Alexis has a picture on her Insta story (I can never seem to share it here?!), which is her in uniform at her locker.  There is a brunette at her own locker but I can tell exactly who because it's blurry.  But she seems like one of the new rookies so I think maybe friends and family was tonight.  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

Alexis has a picture on her Insta story (I can never seem to share it here?!), which is her in uniform at her locker.  There is a brunette at her own locker but I can tell exactly who because it's blurry.  But she seems like one of the new rookies so I think maybe friends and family was tonight.  

Here ya go ?

84941C5A-08AF-49D0-B7AD-01964659C80A.jpeg

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

Yup. Just saw it.

7 minutes ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

Didn’t someone post August 16 was Friends and Family?  If it is tonight, that’s kind of quick.  Squad photo needs to be taken and locker room readied for new squad.