Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Some Dreamers of the Golden Dream

Screen+Shot+2018-05-02+at+12.08.16+PM+%2

As tensions in the camp rise, Craig Lindauer agrees to allow a select group of refugees take a trip into town, causing Jude to question the sudden show of goodwill. Meanwhile, Hannah shares startling information with Marshall, and Caleb discovers that a survivor amongst them is an Apex insider.

Promos

I'm still loving Reese.  "Anyone who gets between her and that kid isn't long for this world."  However, I don't believe Reese would have been that easy to fool or bring down.

I agree with the posters who referenced Lost.  The writers keep introducing new mysteries without bothering to develop the current SLs they already have going.

• Love 1
(edited)

I rolled my eyes a little at the motel scene. If I were Leah and my mom dramatically decapitated my favorite teddy for no immediately apparent reason, I'd shriek in outrage, not wide-eyed fear. Ray is already walking the tightrope of using his job to act territorial and handsily (ykwim) on Hannah, while "nice-guy"-ing by backtracking to buy her necklace*, I really hope the show doesn't go down the sexual jealousy route. Newsflash show: there are many storylines to write for blonde pretty girls that don't involve rapey and/or creepy men. 

*But LOL @ the sales guy casually hiking the price from $10 to $25 and still messing Ray's game. That old man was petty af. 

Edited by ursula
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

The writers keep introducing new mysteries without bothering to develop the current SLs they already have going.

1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

Which is even more of a problem since this series has been cancelled, and only three episodes left to air.

I think that's the part that bugs me the most.  I really want answers to everything.

1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

The writers/showrunner should have seen this coming.

I'm not quite sure that's fair.  They would be creating a show with a vision of it lasting a few seasons.  I'm sure the first season was completely shot and edited even before the pilot aired.  I supposed they could have filmed an alternate final episode just in case the show didn't get renewed, but that would be costly and pessimistic.

Overall, it just plain stinks!

• Love 1

I like this show, dammit! I am so frustrated that there's room on the schedule for what seems like dozens of similar shows about cops/firemen/doctors/first responders, but every time someone comes up with something new and interesting, it gets cancelled. Almost everything I like now is not on one of the big 4 networks.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

It seems like most of these types of shows get cancelled before the first season ends. 

They do, usually 1-2 seasons of these post Lost high concept shows that usually involve some sort of time travel/unexplained time loss.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/15/2018 at 9:03 AM, icemiser69 said:

Which is even more of a problem since this series has been cancelled, and only three episodes left to air

Wikipedia is showing an 11th episode. Does anyone know exactly how many eps there are? ETA: I just looked at their twitter and there are 4 eps left, a total of 12.

20 hours ago, Lily H said:

I like this show, dammit! I am so frustrated that there's room on the schedule for what seems like dozens of similar shows about cops/firemen/doctors/first responders, but every time someone comes up with something new and interesting, it gets cancelled. 

Right!

I wasn't gonna keep watching since it got canceled, but I couldn't help myself because I just really enjoy it. I hope it has at least a semi-decent ending.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

Is this show worth starting knowing its canceled? I have recorded the whole thing thinking I'd watch it over the summer but may end up just deleting it knowing its not coming back.

6 hours ago, TheRabbi said:

Is this show worth starting knowing its canceled? I have recorded the whole thing thinking I'd watch it over the summer but may end up just deleting it knowing its not coming back.

I mean I really like it. I'd wait until the finale to find out if there a decent enough ending though.

8 hours ago, TheRabbi said:

The concept is interesting but I don’t find the execution to be that great.

• Love 2
On 5/15/2018 at 4:51 AM, ursula said:

I rolled my eyes a little at the motel scene. If I were Leah and my mom dramatically decapitated my favorite teddy for no immediately apparent reason, I'd shriek in outrage, not wide-eyed fear. Ray is already walking the tightrope of using his job to act territorial and handsily (ykwim) on Hannah, while "nice-guy"-ing by backtracking to buy her necklace*, I really hope the show doesn't go down the sexual jealousy route. Newsflash show: there are many storylines to write for blonde pretty girls that don't involve rapey and/or creepy men. 

*But LOL @ the sales guy casually hiking the price from $10 to $25 and still messing Ray's game. That old man was petty af. 

To be fair, you weren't secretly raised by an Apex whose go-to is suspicion and assault.

Loved the old guy's game even if it was petty. And yeah, the jealousy storyline is not at all interesting. Now if we could see Hannah really working them both - that would be one thing. Then she'd be in charge, so to speak.

On 5/16/2018 at 5:21 PM, peachmangosteen said:
On 5/16/2018 at 10:58 AM, TheRabbi said:

I mean I really like it. I'd wait until the finale to find out if there a decent enough ending though.

Totally agree.  Check back after the finale.  I'm planning to watch all the episodes, and I think it will be interesting to see how many people tell you to go ahead and watch it.

• Love 1
On 5/15/2018 at 10:30 AM, Lily H said:

every time someone comes up with something new and interesting

Let me know when that happens -=-it certainly wasn't this show!

• Love 1
On 5/15/2018 at 1:30 PM, Lily H said:

I like this show, dammit! I am so frustrated that there's room on the schedule for what seems like dozens of similar shows about cops/firemen/doctors/first responders, but every time someone comes up with something new and interesting, it gets cancelled. Almost everything I like now is not on one of the big 4 networks.

I for one watch more CW shows than ABC and FOX combined. Outside of sports and news, of course.

(edited)
On 5/16/2018 at 10:58 AM, TheRabbi said:

As one of those who watched till the end- it’s worth watching. You will enjoy it and you do get an ending. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 3