Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Maybe/Definitely

Richard, Jules, and Poppy hit an unexpected snag in their attempt to retrieve the ring. Ezra arrives to save his family, while Maddie reconnects with her past.

I’m not up to date on the episodes so please forgive me if this was covered in previous posts.

This show is about good looking people in the mafia. Am I right?

(edited)

Great episode! I loved the Maddie flashbacks, including the glimpses of Ben and Sally together and happy. 

The two pairs in the trunks of cars provided for some fun scenes, and weirdly I actually believe Jules and Poppy as siblings.

Ezra's got reason to be OUT FOR BLOOD next time he sees Maddie, since her con led pretty directly to the death of his father. Which I didn't see coming. Show is still surprising me more often than not.

Edited to add: there was some teenage Maddie stuff in the first season, too. Maddie having sex with her friend's cousin or something? But they didn't use a different actress for those scenes, did they? I was a little surprised that they went with another actress for the flashbacks this time.

Edited by rejnel
  • Love 2

So the background scenes for how Maddie got embroiled in this con scam network were the only interesting thing I've seen so far this season. That was actually interesting and held my attention, though the actress that played her wasn't really a good match IMO.

Why on earth wouldn't they take all the garbage bags so they could comb through them?

I'm still watching, but hope is waning...

• Love 2

Apparently Maddie lost a bit of weight, got plastic surgery, and took elocution lessons (which added the vocal fry and baby voice it seems) when she went to work for The Doctor. Did he pay for all that or did she?

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 5/6/2018 at 1:16 PM, rejnel said:

Great episode! I loved the Maddie flashbacks, including the glimpses of Ben and Sally together and happy. 

The two pairs in the trunks of cars provided for some fun scenes, and weirdly I actually believe Jules and Poppy as siblings.

Ezra's got reason to be OUT FOR BLOOD next time he sees Maddie, since her con led pretty directly to the death of his father. Which I didn't see coming. Show is still surprising me more often than not.

Edited to add: there was some teenage Maddie stuff in the first season, too. Maddie having sex with her friend's cousin or something? But they didn't use a different actress for those scenes, did they? I was a little surprised that they went with another actress for the flashbacks this time.

Pretty sure it was the same actress playing teen Maddie, as when I first saw her, I was like "she looks really familiar" then I realised it was cos I was remembering her from this show HAHA.

For me, the story

On ‎05‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 1:25 PM, Bluedog100 said:

Good looking con artists who apparently can't generate a discussion in these forums. Makes me sad. Last season was a blast 

For me, the story has no heart to it anymore and the producers are adding things to extend it beyond its natural point. I like Maddie, but i'm not too interested in how she came to be who she is, I like it abstract and mysterious. The sore point are now the three exes who are just leftovers.

• Love 1
On 5/6/2018 at 12:16 AM, rejnel said:

there was some teenage Maddie stuff in the first season, too. Maddie having sex with her friend's cousin or something? But they didn't use a different actress for those scenes, did they? I was a little surprised that they went with another actress for the flashbacks this time.

It was Maddie having sex with her own cousin by convincing him she was actually a friend of Maddie's. And fucking with his mind at dinner.

On 5/6/2018 at 1:11 PM, gingerella said:

Why on earth wouldn't they take all the garbage bags so they could comb through them?

They are so very dumb and are so very dumb without Ezra. If someone had legit had discovered the ring, the FBI would be all over Scottsdale because a normal person would have tried to get it appraised and it would have set off warning signals. That thing was worth over a million. In all likelihood it was either in the trash or at a thrift store.

On 5/5/2018 at 8:25 AM, Bluedog100 said:

Good looking con artists who apparently can't generate a discussion in these forums. Makes me sad. Last season was a blast 

Ezra is my favorite. But yea, why aren't more people talking about the show here? 

On 5/6/2018 at 1:16 AM, rejnel said:

I felt so bad for Ezra. 

The show was lazy with the obvious inconsistency around young Maddie. She's played by a different actress when she gets discovered. Then minutes later, a different actress plays her for the interview with the doctor. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, love2lovebadtv said:

Ezra is my favorite. But yea, why aren't more people talking about the show here? 

This season is kinda boring so it's suffering from some sophomore slump and people have been losing interest.

• Love 1
On 5/13/2018 at 4:53 AM, babs1226 said:

I just finished binge watching up to episode 6.  I am enjoying the show as much this season as the last.  I like all the characters in any configuration. 

Me too!  I wish more people were watching it.  Or am I wrong to think it isn't getting good ratings for this network?  I really loved episode 6 and what is appearing to be set up for the rest of this season.

• Love 1
On 5/27/2018 at 1:48 AM, dely said:

Can someone please tell me the contents of the text Maddie got at the end?

Unknown: "MJ - Keep the phone on, Call you soon. X"

On 5/13/2018 at 4:53 PM, babs1226 said:

I just finished binge watching up to episode 6.  I am enjoying the show as much this season as the last.  I like all the characters in any configuration. 

Me too (except I only binge watched till episode 5 but will continue on to 6). I discovered Imposters after it had aired, and found it so much fun to binge watch that I waited for the second season to be over to start. I'm really liking this season too, the slow pace allows for more character development, and I'm still shocked that Maddie seemed to have been honest with her therapist. I like the addition of Poppy to the mix, as well as the sidelined-FBI-team, those two have great chemistry. I'm trusting the show runners, first season was a slow burn too, but as slow burns go, season 2 is even more interesting to me.

• Love 1