Type keyword(s) to search

S31.E35: The Clown Did It (Marlene Warren)

• Start Topic

I don't hate clowns, but that was creepy AF.

I would love to know what the shooter was thinking over the years as DNA evidence became more and more commonplace and sophisticated. These days that kind of case would be a slam dunk even without DNA - CCTV of her buying the flowers and balloons, cell phone data of her locations.

The son was just shattered. I really felt for him. I'm glad he seems to have gotten his life together and got some justice for his mother.

• Love 9

I don't think my talkaway from my daughter being murdered by a clown would be to create a clown room because I only hate one clown.

He is also completely guilty but where is all his money coming from because he clearly is wealthy and it makes no sense!

• Love 11
5 hours ago, biakbiak said:

He is also completely guilty but where is all his money coming from because he clearly is wealthy and it makes no sense!

She is totally guilty, and I also think he was involved somehow.  No way do I buy that Mike was clueless about the whole thing.  Marlene liked clowns.  That type of knowledge had to come from somewhere, and I bet it was Mike.

As for money, the show said that Mike and Sheila owned businesses.  I assume that's where the money came from.

I loved Marlene's mom when she said "vengeance."  My kind of woman.  None of this flowering language and puppies and everyone holding hands about the woman who murdered her child.  Nope.  Good for her if she's still upset.  She has every right to be.  Hopefully, Florida will take care of jailing Sheila and then bust Mike.

• Love 8

Dateline did this story a while ago.  This show left out one piece of info that Dateline reported; Marlene’s family loved clowns.  The mom and dad had a room in their house covered in clown art and dolls and tchotchkes.  Marlene grew up surrounded by those creepy things.  And when Dateline interviewed poor Marlene’s elderly mom, she still had the Clown Room all intact, same as it was before her daughter was gunned down by psycho clown lady!  I just couldn’t understand why all that clown crap wasn’t tossed out immediately after the murder!  

• Love 3

First, clowns and dolls scare the hell outta me.

I can see why mom kept the clown room bc Marlene loved clowns and had painted those paintings as a teen IIRC.

When the son and friend jumped in the car to try to catch the clown , did MArlene have medical help at that time? 

Edited by ari333
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Ohmo said:

As for money, the show said that Mike and Sheila owned businesses.  I assume that's where the money came from.

Theor businesses were rental properties and his used car lot doesn't explain their house in a place that had access to a private runway runway and every house had a hanger/garage and that 20 plus years later and after a four year stint in jail they had a "weekend" McMansion on a lake based on a drive through burger joint. I am thinking drug running through the private airfield in the late 80s through at least her death.it just seema weird tjat it was never discussed.

2 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

Marlene’s elderly mom, she still had the Clown Room all intact, same as it was before her daughter was gunned down by psycho clown lady!  I just couldn’t understand why all that clown crap wasn’t tossed out immediately after the murder!  

But it wasnt the same home was it? The clown room was in Vegas but it seemed Marlene grew up in Florida.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3

One of the witnesses to the shooting says that afterward the clown just walked slowly to the car, got in, and drove away...

DH: Well, he probably couldn’t walk too quickly in those big floppy shoes.

Me: I wonder how many other clowns were in the car.

Yeah, we’re going to hell.

• Love 17
8 hours ago, Ohmo said:

From what I read about the case, Mike had received over $50k in a life insurance policy after his wife was murdered. It makes me wonder what other schemes or illegal activity he may have been a part of.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

The former Purple Cow employees were clearly delighted that Sheila got arrested.

It was my favorite part pf the episode! They clearly had that video on loop, drank cockails and cackled for hours and hours! 

1 hour ago, SPLAIN said:

From what I read about the case, Mike had received over $50k in a life insurance policy after his wife was murdered. It makes me wonder what other schemes or illegal activity he may have been a part of.

Only 50k, even if you meant 500k, that's nothing given the wealth exhibited. The first amount would not even be a retainer for a lawyer on his fraud charges and the with the second it would be gone in a year or two tops based on how they spent. Seriously,there is money coming in from somwhere before her death and for 20 plus years after that 48 Hours didn't even contemplate addressing. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 7

What was going on with that lunatic neighbor? I'm a great judge of character that's why I chose to befriend a couple of murderous grifters. 

Can someone call the son and tell him to call Saul and mile a civil suit to leave Mike penniless.  Please. 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, spankydoll said:

What was going on with that lunatic neighbor? I'm a great judge of character that's why I chose to befriend a couple of murderous grifters. 

Can someone call the son and tell him to call Saul and mile a civil suit to leave Mike penniless.  Please. 

Amen!!!  I was floored by the neighbor's defense of these two!  The poor son, lost his mother, what he considered his father (what a gross betrayal) and his only sibling in such a short period of time.  I hope the very best for him and hope he finds his joy.  

• Love 4
On 4/22/2018 at 1:12 PM, BusyOctober said:

Dateline did this story a while ago.  This show left out one piece of info that Dateline reported; Marlene’s family loved clowns.  The mom and dad had a room in their house covered in clown art and dolls and tchotchkes.  Marlene grew up surrounded by those creepy things.  And when Dateline interviewed poor Marlene’s elderly mom, she still had the Clown Room all intact, same as it was before her daughter was gunned down by psycho clown lady!  I just couldn’t understand why all that clown crap wasn’t tossed out immediately after the murder!  

Last night, 20/20 DID show the clown room and Marlene’s mom explained that these paintings were drawn by Marlene when she was just a girl.  They also said that Marlene always loved clowns.  I think John Wayne Gacy ruined clown-love for most of us....I don’t know how you reconcile your daughters love for clowns, her personal artwork about her funny, loving clowns...and her being murdered by a clown.  

• Love 2
13 hours ago, LisainCali said:

Last night, 20/20 DID show the clown room and Marlene’s mom explained that these paintings were drawn by Marlene when she was just a girl.  They also said that Marlene always loved clowns.  I think John Wayne Gacy ruined clown-love for most of us....I don’t know how you reconcile your daughters love for clowns, her personal artwork about her funny, loving clowns...and her being murdered by a clown.  

That was mentioned on 48 Hours as well, but they were paint by mubers clown paintings her daughter did as a young teen for decades before she was murdered, she was killed when she was 40.

• Love 1
On 4/23/2018 at 10:38 PM, spankydoll said:

OMG! The lunatic neighbor is/was either delusional or crazy. I’d say both.