Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E15: Designated Survivors

Mike made this show much better. He really is Tandy's brother.

On 4/13/2018 at 11:25 AM, sarahthenerd said:

Well, we know what the shocking discovery is! But I bet the emotional roller coaster is Erica asking Mike to father her baby, rather than Todd.

I appreciate that Todd came to this conclusion first. Boy, he sure went off the deep end.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

Mike made this show much better. He really is Tandy's brother.

I appreciate that Todd came to this conclusion first. Boy, he sure went off the deep end.

Mike is so much better than Tandy.  Why won't Tandy shave off the rest of his beard, at least.

This show is trying really hard to make viewers hate Todd.  It's infuriating because Todd was originally so likable.

How come Mike doesn't know about all the nuclear reactors and radiation on the West Coast ?  I would think his thermal detector would have shown all that while he was searching and discovered a moose and birds.  Is that a forest fire that Mike discovered ?  And is it headed towards Zihuatanejo ?

It would have been funnier if Mike found a moose and squirrel together on the thermograph.  Next to a pair of humans named Boris and Natasha.   :)

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Mike is so much better than Tandy.  Why won't Tandy shave off the rest of his beard, at least.

This show is trying really hard to make viewers hate Todd.  It's infuriating because Todd was originally so likable.

How come Mike doesn't know about all the nuclear reactors and radiation on the West Coast ?  I would think his thermal detector would have shown all that while he was searching and discovered a moose and birds.  Is that a forest fire that Mike discovered ?  And is it headed towards Zihuatanejo ?

It would have been funnier if Mike found a moose and squirrel together on the thermograph.  Next to a pair of humans named Boris and Natasha.   :)

First thing I thought was that it was a very large group of people. 

Who knows? Could be anything. Nuclear meltdown?

Edited by AdeleDazeem
  • Love 2

Forte and Sudsy are so freakin' adorable together... <3 <3

Todd was still an ass for most of this episode, but I'm glad they actually settled the matter of Erica being pregnant already (I had thought last week it would be way too soon to tell whether his sperm "took" or not, anyway, but I guess she just needed one or two more days...) so we wouldn't get some dragged-out plot of her having to choose between him and Mike to father a sibling for Dawn.

As for Mike, I was a little disappointed that he never actually noticed the note Tandy had left for him in 3x6; also, I was surprised that he appeared to be pretty much recovered by then (since, in the show's timeline that I can recall, that episode couldn't have taken place more than month or so after Tandy had first left him in 2x18). Still, he at least confirmed one of my theories about his illness, which was that it was must have been related to his weakened immune system upon returning to Earth after years in space (rather than a return of The Virus). 

38 minutes ago, AdeleDazeem said:

First thing I thought was that it was a very large group of people. 

Who knows? Could be anything. Nuclear meltdown?

According to the coordinates on that computer display, -150.827, 62.577, that would put that large heat signature somewhere in Denali National Park in Alaska.

Herd of caribou ??

• Love 2
9 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

According to the coordinates on that computer display, -150.827, 62.577, that would put that large heat signature somewhere in Denali National Park in Alaska.

Herd of caribou ??

Herd of mutant Palins?  "Mutant" Palins being redundant, of course. 

• Love 4

Gail pretending to shoot Mike was a really cruel joke. I mean, that was probably Mike's idea, which Gail then readily agreed with, but still. 

I love Tandy's cactus shirt. I may have to look for one.

I also loved the trail of hair, shoes behind the curtain, and notes that Mike left for Tandy to follow. And then singing Falling Slowly together was awesome. I love that song.

I'm glad Todd's obnoxiousness is out of the way. It didn't really bother me like it did other people, because I understood and accepted it as a temporary hiccup, but it still was unpleasant to watch.

I like that Mike still had the balls (hee), and that he and Tandy agreed that one ball (name?) was a tool.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, peeayebee said:

Gail pretending to shoot Mike was a really cruel joke. I mean, that was probably Mike's idea, which Gail then readily agreed with, but still. 

I audibly yelped and then actually started crying. I might be too emotional for this show.

Mike is great and he makes Tandy so much better. I love their duets. Todd is still annoying, but at least he's realized that he's being terrible and is working on being better. 

• Love 2

This episode was really funny, from the signs at the beginning, Gail shooting Mike (I yelled Nooo lol), singing duets.

17 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Herd of caribou ??

It could also be in Antartica if you reverse the Latitude/Longitude, a colony of penguins! lol

6 hours ago, peeayebee said:

I love Tandy's cactus shirt. I may have to look for one.

I like that Mike still had the balls (hee), and that he and Tandy agreed that one ball (name?) was a tool.

Me too!  Found this: https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/1928127-bangbang-cactus-robber-thief-gun-firearm-weapon-pi

Darby is the name of the tool. :))

Edited by piequinn35
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, peeayebee said:

I took it as a callback to Tandy's prank when he first introduced Karl to the group, so I could understand why Gail would jump at a chance to try the same trick on him; but yeah, I thought it was a little messed up that Mike (as much of a merry prankster as he is) would want to pull something like that. :p 

Edited by GRChereck
1 hour ago, GRChereck said:

I took it as a callback to Tandy's prank when he first introduced Karl to the group, so I could understand why Gail would jump at a chance to try the same trick on him; but yeah, I thought it was a little messed up that Mike (as much of a merry prankster as he is) would want to pull something like that. :p 

I took it to be a callback to when Melissa killed John Hamm's character.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, peeayebee said:

I'm starting to think Gail is more like Tandy than she wants to admit.

Also, I was interested that Gail was not threatened by Mike. Also glad. I was ready to be angry if they ditch the Erica-Gail relationship now that there's another available male.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, possibilities said:

I'm starting to think Gail is more like Tandy than she wants to admit.

Also, I was interested that Gail was not threatened by Mike. Also glad. I was ready to be angry if they ditch the Erica-Gail relationship now that there's another available male.

I would've been so mad if that happened and I'm so relieved it didn't. Instead, she just told him she was married and he backed off immediately. Be like Mike, fellas!

• Love 4

Tandy may be a giant tool, but Mike is kind of an ass too. And how long are we going to have to look at Tandy's half-shaven head and face? It's somehow even worse than the full-on unkempt look he usually sports. 

If the pregnancy test was wrong the first time what makes Erica think it was right the second time? At best I'd say there's a 50/50 chance she's pregnant at this point if the tests are that unreliable. 

My impression of the heat signatures was that it indicated a huge colony of other people somewhere.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

My impression of the heat signatures was that it indicated a huge colony of other people somewhere.

If Mike is bright enough (and as an astronaut he should be) to figure out how to work the satellite and equipment, I have to believe he knows how to spot the difference between a heat signature of people (98.5 degrees) and the much much higher temps that would be created by a forest fire or nuclear meltdown or whatever other disaster. 

I hope the heat signature is a colony of other people.  I'd like to see that as Season 5 - the trek to the new colony, the mishaps/misadventures and misfits they meet along the way, and the last 5 minutes can be them reaching the new colony.  (Of course, one of my earlier posts hoped that in this type of scenario the car carrying Tandy, Carol and Todd would careen off a cliff along the way, sparing the other survivors the torture of having to deal with those people for the rest of their lives.)

Or, in a fun twist, the last 5 minutes shows the gang reaching the new colony, only to find out it is a giant herd of caribou.  Either way works for me.

Edited by chaifan
  • Love 2

I'm glad Todd's stuff is over, but I get it. He's a heavy guy, and those of us who are heavy guys are sometimes bowled over when anyone we find attractive would feel the same way about us. It may not have happened that much in his life, so he gets some slack from me. 

I'm not sure I want the human race to continue with any of these people. 

I want Jasper back.  I keep worrying about the fictional character.

Funny, I keep forgetting he even exists, so I really don't miss him one bit. The fact that he barely ever spoke also makes him somewhat less than memorable. It's weird that he just sort of appeared without any background explanation and now he's gone again. If they do bring him back I hope we get some insight into his character.