Type keyword(s) to search

Season 7: Jamie Ross, Former Bond Girl

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, TotalDrama said:

Hey, Rohm might not have much of a success post L&O in other projects, but Benjamin Bratt had a few known hits most recently as that FOX show "Star" before they killed him off which was a damn shame. 

Brat has had a very long career after leaving L&O but, I don't think he's reached the level of success he expected. He was pretty much aiming for A List and i'd say he stalled at B List.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Brat has had a very long career after leaving L&O but, I don't think he's reached the level of success he expected. He was pretty much aiming for A List and i'd say he stalled at B List.

Yeah, that's true. He perhaps should have stayed on L&O. He had a good run there and I wish he continued or even came back especially during the second half of the mid-2000s. Even now in the revival he could have came back as head of the precinct. 

46 minutes ago, TotalDrama said:

She should have known in advance what she was looking forward to though

How? This was her first television series. I just don’t think it’s fair to blame the actors for leaving. It’s their choice. It’s a grueling schedule.

• Love 5

Don't they tell the actors what the scheduling will be like? It's like going to apply for a job. You're told what to expect of the job and what to do and how the scheduling is and what is required out of you before you actually start doing it. Did Carey just jumping into this thinking it was going to be flexible or easy and she didn't know a thing? 

7.9 "Entrapment" (January 8, 1997) is airing on BBC America, in which:

The case against Huey Tate, a young man accused of shooting the well-known leader of the African-American Congress, comes undone when the New York authorities learn that their chief witness was once an informant for the FBI, and is still under their protection.

The witness/killer is played by Michelle Hurd, who 2 years later began her 25-episode run as Detective Jeffries on L&O: SVU.

It's a twisty episode. I liked the end.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

7.9 "Entrapment" (January 8, 1997) is airing on BBC America, in which:

The witness/killer is played by Michelle Hurd, who 2 years later began her 25-episode run as Detective Jeffries on L&O: SVU.

It's a twisty episode. I liked the end.

It’s a follow up from season 2’s “Conspiracy” and I posted in the season 11 thread I think it was, why Joe Morton didn’t reprise his role.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

It’s a follow up from season 2’s “Conspiracy” and I posted in the season 11 thread I think it was, why Joe Morton didn’t reprise his role.

Season 3, episode 2, not Season 2. I was going through the episode list on this site to find this episode to view and couldn't, but noticed it in the following season. 

• Useful 1

"Good Girl" is actually one of my favorite episodes of the Jamie Ross era. I especially like the final lines:

Ross: Did I say something funny?

McCoy: I almost forgot what started this circus, two kids in love.

Ross: What could be simpler?

"Legacy" was also a standout, namely because of the formidable Frances Sternhagen. Bradley White, who played the stalker/husband, had previously appeared in Season 2 as the stalker who nearly killed the soap opera actress. He was chilling in both appearances. 

ETA: Oh, and a hard pass on the LA three-parter. I skip it every time it shows up in the rerun cycle.

Edited by Prairie Rose
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

I’ve discussed my hatred for Aftershock many times (it’s the only L&O episode I flat out hate), but I really like the first episode of season 7, Causa Mortis, it handled things very well in that it didn’t completely ignore the events of Aftershock but it didn’t let it dominate the episode - I liked how we saw glimpses of how Kincaid’s death affected the others, but it wasn’t a soap opera at all, and I really liked how there were no hard feelings between McCoy and Briscoe over Kincaid’s death, with each trying to alleviate the other’s feelings of guilt at the end. It was a good introduction to Jamie Ross as well, she was a good ADA right off the bat, and seeing her episodes now after what they did to her in the season 21 premiere, well I hate what they did to her in season 21.

Real good case, it was chilling hearing the victim beg for her life on the tape, the killer was just cold blooded and evil, and fuck his fiancé as well, she didn’t seem to care that he had done it and was more interested in getting the car. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I’ve discussed my hatred for Aftershock many times (it’s the only L&O episode I flat out hate), but I really like the first episode of season 7, Causa Mortis, it handled things very well in that it didn’t completely ignore the events of Aftershock but it didn’t let it dominate the episode - I liked how we saw glimpses of how Kincaid’s death affected the others, but it wasn’t a soap opera at all, and I really liked how there were no hard feelings between McCoy and Briscoe over Kincaid’s death, with each trying to alleviate the other’s feelings of guilt at the end. It was a good introduction to Jamie Ross as well, she was a good ADA right off the bat, and seeing her episodes now after what they did to her in the season 21 premiere, well I hate what they did to her in season 21.

Real good case, it was chilling hearing the victim beg for her life on the tape, the killer was just cold blooded and evil, and fuck his fiancé as well, she didn’t seem to care that he had done it and was more interested in getting the car. 

Yeah, his fiancée was a crappy person. She wanted a car and that's all she cared about. He was asshole who went out and killed someone for it. That poor woman.  I liked the introduction to Jamie too. It was really good. She's one of my favorite ADAs. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

Yeah, his fiancée was a crappy person. She wanted a car and that's all she cared about. He was asshole who went out and killed someone for it. That poor woman.  I liked the introduction to Jamie too. It was really good. She's one of my favorite ADAs. 

Yep, Fernando was scum and his fiancé wasn’t much better.

Jamie was strong right off the bat, she’s one of my favorites as well, and that made me all the more angry that they crapped on her in the season 21 premiere, I wish they had never brought her back.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

Yep, Fernando was scum and his fiancé wasn’t much better.

Jamie was strong right off the bat, she’s one of my favorites as well, and that made me all the more angry that they crapped on her in the season 21 premiere, I wish they had never brought her back.

I was so excited when I saw her name pop up on the screen. I really thought she would be the judge and was so excited about it. Instead they gave her the Robinette treatment. Bring back a character you liked but is completely different from who they were. 

I really liked that Jamie had once been a defense attorney but switched because she got tired of getting terrible people off for their crimes. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

I was so excited when I saw her name pop up on the screen. I really thought she would be the judge and was so excited about it. Instead they gave her the Robinette treatment. Bring back a character you liked but is completely different from who they were. 

I really liked that Jamie had once been a defense attorney but switched because she got tired of getting terrible people off for their crimes. 

Jamie has always been one of my favorite ADA’s and I am still pissed at how they crapped on her, what they did to her was worse than Robinette, while Robinette had changed a lot and had done a 180 on some of his prior views, he never did anything unethical, whereas they implied Jamie let a murder happen! That was appalling character assassination. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Jamie has always been one of my favorite ADA’s and I am still pissed at how they crapped on her, what they did to her was worse than Robinette, while Robinette had changed a lot and had done a 180 on some of his prior views, he never did anything unethical, whereas they implied Jamie let a murder happen! That was appalling character assassination. 

Yeah, Jamie would never let a murder happen.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

Yeah, Jamie would never let a murder happen.

Agreed - it was shameful how they trashed her, they brought her back to try to lure in viewers and then threw her under the bus as a cheap plot device. Worst thing about season 21 so far was how they trashed Jamie.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

Agreed - it was shameful how they trashed her, they brought her back to try to lure in viewers and then threw her under the bus as a cheap plot device. Worst thing about season 21 so far was how they trashed Jamie.

It really is. There was no need to do it. 

• Love 1

There's so many great episodes in season seven. Legacy is one of my favorites with Frances Sternhagen hiring a hit man to kill her former daughter-in-law's husband. I like how Jamie and Jack kept looking into Robin and Jim. It looked like an affair but there was no proof. Except for Jim doing laundry with Robin at her laundromat instead of his. I liked how it turned how there was no affair. It was all Jim. I do feel bad about Robin. As Adam said it had be tough finding out she married her stalker. I love Lenny as the hitman.  

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

There's so many great episodes in season seven. Legacy is one of my favorites with Frances Sternhagen hiring a hit man to kill her former daughter-in-law's husband. I like how Jamie and Jack kept looking into Robin and Jim. It looked like an affair but there was no proof. Except for Jim doing laundry with Robin at her laundromat instead of his. I liked how it turned how there was no affair. It was all Jim. I do feel bad about Robin. As Adam said it had be tough finding out she married her stalker. I love Lenny as the hitman.  

I love Legacy as well - great investigation with them finding out that the hitman was the dog walker, and then figuring out it had to be the mother in law who hired him, and then the legal stuff with how it looked like Jim and Robin were in it together but it turned out Jim was just an obsessed stalker, and Adam’s final line about how it had to be tough knowing you married your stalker was great. Terrific episode.

I love almost all of season 7 - Mad Dog is the only episode I dislike. A lot of season 7 episodes are some of my all time favorites - ID, We Like Mike, Terminal, Working Mom, Matrimony, Menace, Legacy all classic L&O episodes, I think season 7 may be the strongest season of L&O.

Edited by Xeliou66
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I love Legacy as well - great investigation with them finding out that the hitman was the dog walker, and then figuring out it had to be the mother in law who hired him, and then the legal stuff with how it looked like Jim and Robin were in it together but it turned out Jim was just an obsessed stalker, and Adam’s final line about how it had to be tough knowing you married your stalker was great. Terrific episode.

I love almost all of season 7 - Mad Dog is the only episode I dislike. A lot of season 7 episodes are some of my all time favorites - ID, We Like Mike, Terminal, Working Mom, Matrimony, Menace, Legacy all classic L&O episodes, I think season 7 may be the strongest season of L&O.

it's definitely one of its bests. So many good episodes. Survivor, I liked when she realized she killed the man for nothing. Double Blind with the poor boy who turned out he had a tumor all along but because of his asshole doctor it's too late to do anything about it. I like Menace too. It's a very good episode. Turns out the man's son was the murderer. The reaction when he realizes his son killed the co-worker. ID, We Like Mike, and Terminal are all really good too.

• Love 2

I watched the 3 parter from season 7 today, I know it is disliked by many L&O fans, but I like it, I think it was nice to have 3 hours to delve into a complex case instead of just 1, I don’t like the Curtis personal drama in it, but I do like the scenes in LA, it was interesting to see them out of NYC and I loved Lennie’s excitement over going to LA, he was ready to play golf with the shrink until Curtis told him they had to go. Also some of the lines in this episode are just great. 

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

I watched the 3 parter from season 7 today, I know it is disliked by many L&O fans, but I like it, I think it was nice to have 3 hours to delve into a complex case instead of just 1, I don’t like the Curtis personal drama in it, but I do like the scenes in LA, it was interesting to see them out of NYC and I loved Lennie’s excitement over going to LA, he was ready to play golf with the shrink until Curtis told him they had to go. Also some of the lines in this episode are just great. 

I like it okay. I wonder if it's the typical feds=bad; local cops=good and vice versa, depending on the show; like Criminal Minds--feds=good/competent, etc.

That for this show, the mothership, NY is the BESTEST, California: filled with ass kissing, brown nosing ADAs and DAs who won't do the job because HOLLYWOOD celebrities!

My favorite part though is when Rey (I KNOW!) makes that special certificate for the kid who found the body or was it weapon? And Van Buren smiles and laughs as she signs her name to it.

But Neal's utter arrogance  and ASSHOLISHNESS just puts this in the not my favorite, but still good category.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I like it okay. I wonder if it's the typical feds=bad; local cops=good and vice versa, depending on the show; like Criminal Minds--feds=good/competent, etc.

That for this show, the mothership, NY is the BESTEST, California: filled with ass kissing, brown nosing ADAs and DAs who won't do the job because HOLLYWOOD celebrities!

My favorite part though is when Rey (I KNOW!) makes that special certificate for the kid who found the body or was it weapon? And Van Buren smiles and laughs as she signs her name to it.

But Neal's utter arrogance  and ASSHOLISHNESS just puts this in the not my favorite, but still good category.

Neal was an asshole extraordinaire, that’s for sure. It’s the Curtis drama that makes it not amongst my top episodes but still very solid episodes. I liked having a whole hour devoted to the trial and legal proceedings. And there were several humorous lines and moments in it, the line “a daring neo-realist foray into Jellystone Park” will always be one of my favorite lines, and the ending was great as well - Schiff “Take the rest of the week off” McCoy “it’s Friday Adam” Schiff “so it is. See you on Monday” just a classic ending.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 3/16/2022 at 3:45 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

We've said it before; Adam had some of the best lines. I also love his dry wit, when he was telling Jack to work with Jamie: "I liiiike her." That's how it sounded, 😄

This was in "Causa Mortis" of course.

That was such a powerful episode. Who could forget Briscoe and Curtis trying to comfort the victim's crying children at the police station?

• Love 3

The corrupt cop in Corruption is so stupid. He's just been cleared by the IAB. Sure, there's some young cop asking around about him, but it'll blow over soon. Yet what he does is he gets Lennie to arrange a meeting with Rey. Then at said meeting he acts so hostile that immediately Briscoe, who thought Rey was going on a wild goose chase, starts investigating the corrupt cop too. If the cop had managed to keep his cool during the meeting there is a good chance he could have gotten away with it.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
On 3/17/2022 at 8:57 PM, Prairie Rose said:

That was such a powerful episode. Who could forget Briscoe and Curtis trying to comfort the victim's crying children at the police station?

Not me. And just for that, I wanted to throttle the killer's bitch fiancé for having the nerve to tell Jack and Jamie that she didn't want her baby growing up without a father. 

• Love 3
On 3/17/2022 at 8:57 PM, Prairie Rose said:

Agreed, that was powerful, as was the husband and oldest daughter crying in court at the end as they played the tape of the victim begging for her life.

13 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Not me. And just for that, I wanted to throttle the killer's bitch fiancé for having the nerve to tell Jack and Jamie that she didn't want her baby growing up without a father. 

I absolutely hated the fiancé, she seemed to care more that she wasn’t getting her car than about the fact that her fiancé murdered someone. Fuck her. 

• Love 4
On 3/22/2022 at 12:37 PM, Xeliou66 said:

Agreed, that was powerful, as was the husband and oldest daughter crying in court at the end as they played the tape of the victim begging for her life.

I absolutely hated the fiancé, she seemed to care more that she wasn’t getting her car than about the fact that her fiancé murdered someone. Fuck her. 

what a vile lady, part of me thinks mccoy should have let the feds handle it, 

speaking of which, can't remember at the moment, was there ever any cases where they did willingly give the case to feds to handle because the state level couldn't get a win? i know there were cases where it was taken out of their hands much to their annoyance

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, balmz said:

where they did willingly give the case to feds to handle because the state level couldn't get a win?

I seem to remember willingly giving them a case because the Feds had the death penalty & NY (at the time didn't), but I can't quote an episode.

On 3/23/2022 at 1:22 PM, Columbo said:

Only problem I had with the la trilogy was that it was too short. They could have easily spun that off into a eight part mini series if they wanted to imo.

IIRC they DID do a spin off mini series set in LA. A couple actually, albeit only one planned as mini series...

Edited by wknt3
  • Love 2
On 12/18/2021 at 1:22 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Eh. Didn’t feel sorry for the MURDERER in “Past Imperfect” at all. It just tickled me to see Ducky David McCallum!

"Listen to you, 'old band'. They were playing on 8 Track when I lost my virginity."

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

The start of season 7 on right now - as I’ve said before I really like Causa Mortis, very good case, it was pretty chilling and emotional at the end when they play the tape in court of the victim begging for her life and her husband and daughter crying. I hated the killer’s stupid fiancé, she wouldn’t turn on him despite knowing what he did, and her whining about losing her car, I liked when Lennie replied “talk to the owner, ask what it cost him” when she was whining. Fuck her. 
Those defense lawyers were sleazy with the way they gave the DA’s the gun then got it suppressed. 
This episode did a good job of following up on the events of the Aftershock episode, which I loathe, they didn’t ignore it but they didn’t dwell on it and went back to focusing on the cases. I liked that there was no beef between McCoy and Briscoe over what happened to Kincaid.

Next up, ID, one of my favorite episodes - it’s one of the funniest L&O episodes, if only for the scene where Jack gets held in contempt and Adam visits him in his cell, and Jack tells him to wear silk when he goes to visit Judge Marks, the look Adam gives him is PRICELESS. Judge Marks was a creep who was on a power trip, I loved seeing Schiff confront him and I liked that chief judge who told Marks to sit down and shut up. The killer was ice cold, and only showed her true colors at the end after being an epic fraud the whole episode.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

The start of season 7 on right now - as I’ve said before I really like Causa Mortis, very good case, it was pretty chilling and emotional at the end when they play the tape in court of the victim begging for her life and her husband and daughter crying. I hated the killer’s stupid fiancé, she wouldn’t turn on him despite knowing what he did, and her whining about losing her car, I liked when Lennie replied “talk to the owner, ask what it cost him” when she was whining. Fuck her

Co-signed. And after all that legal loophole crap she pulled, she had the nerve to beg for leniency and say “I’m so sorry it happened.” Not for what they DID, but that it happened. Ugh. I hope she had a miscarriage. 

• Love 4
On 6/20/2022 at 9:31 AM, Spartan Girl said:

Co-signed. And after all that legal loophole crap she pulled, she had the nerve to beg for leniency and say “I’m so sorry it happened.” Not for what they DID, but that it happened. Ugh. I hope she had a miscarriage. 

Yeah, she was really a worthless bitch, whining about how she didn’t want her kid to grow up without a father, ignoring that her piece of shit fiancé bashed a woman’s skull in and left 4 children to grow up without a mother. The ending of that episode with the tape of the victim begging for her life being played in court was very effective.

Season 7 really had some outstanding episodes, it may be the best season as far as the quality of the stories go. Almost every episode was great. 

• Love 5
On 6/19/2022 at 11:45 AM, Xeliou66 said:

Next up, ID, one of my favorite episodes - it’s one of the funniest L&O episodes, if only for the scene where Jack gets held in contempt and Adam visits him in his cell, and Jack tells him to wear silk when he goes to visit Judge Marks, the look Adam gives him is PRICELESS.

Also, Schiff to the guy sharing a cell with Jack: "Young man, sit down."

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Also, Schiff to the guy sharing a cell with Jack: "Young man, sit down."

Yeah that was great as well, Schiff’s delivery was awesome as usual. ID is in my opinion the funniest episode of L&O - there were some colorful characters in it, I loved the Jersey detective who was eating a fancy meal at a nice restaurant because the state was paying for it, that was great, and the receptionist who was rambling to them about talking to the victim and couldn’t remember the name of the town she was from was funny.

• Love 1

Passion was just on, and I have to say this is one of the episodes where I felt some sympathy for the killer, his mother was a disgusting piece of garbage, she sent her son off to boarding school all because she was enthralled with that asshole writer Evans, and that was severely psychologically damaging to him, while it wasn’t the victim’s fault, the killer was clearly messed up and snapped, and I felt some sympathy for him, they were right to let him plead to manslaughter. Evans and the mother felt like the real villains of the episode, they were both exceptionally sorry people, even at the end the mom wanted Evans to take her back. This episode isn’t as memorable as some others but it’s a solid whodunit case. 

• Love 4
On 8/15/2022 at 7:21 PM, Xeliou66 said:

Passion was just on, and I have to say this is one of the episodes where I felt some sympathy for the killer, his mother was a disgusting piece of garbage, she sent her son off to boarding school all because she was enthralled with that asshole writer Evans, and that was severely psychologically damaging to him, while it wasn’t the victim’s fault, the killer was clearly messed up and snapped, and I felt some sympathy for him, they were right to let him plead to manslaughter. Evans and the mother felt like the real villains of the episode, they were both exceptionally sorry people, even at the end the mom wanted Evans to take her back. This episode isn’t as memorable as some others but it’s a solid whodunit case. 

So do I. The poor kid had no one. I can't believe how horrible his mother treated him and in the end still wanted Evans. 

• Love 1

Some excellent season 7 episodes on Sundance today - I love this season. Legacy was just on, this is a great episode, some really good detective work in tracking down the hitman and figuring out who hired him because of the phone call letting the hitman know that the victim was coming home, and then the twist that the victim had killed his wife’s first husband, and then the twist that the wife wasn’t having an affair with him, he was just obsessed with her, Schiff’s line at the end was great - “gotta be tough finding out you married your stalker”. Excellent episode from start to finish.

Now Menace is on - another good episode, Crazy Mike was a memorable character and a piece of shit, and I like the twist at the end that it was the son and not the father who was the mastermind of the crimes and the father was innocent. Curtis was a jackass, letting his personal life get in the way of his job and losing his cool in the interrogation room. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Some excellent season 7 episodes on Sundance today - I love this season. Legacy was just on, this is a great episode, some really good detective work in tracking down the hitman and figuring out who hired him because of the phone call letting the hitman know that the victim was coming home, and then the twist that the victim had killed his wife’s first husband, and then the twist that the wife wasn’t having an affair with him, he was just obsessed with her, Schiff’s line at the end was great - “gotta be tough finding out you married your stalker”. Excellent episode from start to finish.

I love that episode. The twists were great. I love the twist that the wife wasn't having an affair. It really seemed like she was lying because she married her husband's best friend. But no she wasn't. Everything was on his part. I love when he can't explain why he showed up at her hotel after McCoy pokes holes in his business trip excuse. I love Frances Sternhagen her scene with Lennie was the best. Him telling her he wasn't worried about cops because their stupid. I'm glad she was proven right. Poor wife. That's going to be hard to get used too.  

Now Menace is on - another good episode, Crazy Mike was a memorable character and a piece of shit, and I like the twist at the end that it was the son and not the father who was the mastermind of the crimes and the father was innocent. Curtis was a jackass, letting his personal life get in the way of his job and losing his cool in the interrogation room. 

That was a good episode. Poor Karen so many people saw what happened on the bridge but no one did anything to help her. I love the twist that it was the son and his father was pissed when he found out what happened. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I love that episode. The twists were great. I love the twist that the wife wasn't having an affair. It really seemed like she was lying because she married her husband's best friend. But no she wasn't. Everything was on his part. I love when he can't explain why he showed up at her hotel after McCoy pokes holes in his business trip excuse. I love Frances Sternhagen her scene with Lennie was the best. Him telling her he wasn't worried about cops because their stupid. I'm glad she was proven right. Poor wife. That's going to be hard to get used too.  

That was a good episode. Poor Karen so many people saw what happened on the bridge but no one did anything to help her. I love the twist that it was the son and his father was pissed when he found out what happened. 

Yeah Legacy is a fantastic episode, some really good twists, it was a great twist that the wife wasn’t in on anything and wasn’t having an affair, but the guy was just obsessed with her. I also liked the twist of how the hitman posed as a witness at the start and hid the gun in the dog poop bag, and how they tracked him down and figured out who hired him.

Menace is great as well - Crazy Mike is quite memorable, and I like how they tracked him down, Crazy Mike’s dad was a loudmouthed dick as well, the scene where they go into the bar was good. And yeah the twist that it was the son who masterminded the arson and murder was really good and that the dad was innocent, I hope the son got put away for life, he was evil. Curtis was an ass, and I liked Lennie pulling him out of the interrogation room when he lost his cool and telling him to keep his temper under control, Curtis was unprofessional because he was pissed his wife threw him out over his infidelity and he was having to sleep on his sister’s couch, and he let it affect his work.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 8/27/2022 at 5:13 AM, andromeda331 said:

Remarry in haste, repent in leisure…

• Love 3

I saw the last 2 episodes of season 7 today, Past Imperfect and Terminal, both really good episodes

Past Imperfect is a really good case with some good twists, I liked the twist of the bank teller being the victim’s daughter and how it turned out she was the perp. I wonder how much of her motive was greed for the inheritance and how much was her resentment about being given up for adoption and her mother not acknowledging her. Good detective work and good legal work in this one. I like the forensics guy Ellis who gave them the DNA results, he was in 4 episodes, he’s a funny little guy. The ending was good where they talk about how the perp and her lawyer will get money from the estate and Jack says to make sure the victim’s son knows so he can sue for wrongful death, and Schiff just shakes his head and says “lawyers”, Adam could say so much with so few words.

Terminal is great, both for the case and the subplot with Schiff and McCoy suing the Governor. That ending is arguably L&O’s biggest tearjerker, with Adam taking his wife off of life support, the look on his face said it all without him saying a word. This episode has some great scenes between Adam and Jack, it showed that they had great respect for each other despite sometimes having friction and disagreements over the law, I loved seeing Jack go to bat for Adam in court and seeing Adam stand up and speak in court, the only time he ever did that. I’ve always wondered about where the rest of Adam’s family was in Terminal, we know he had at least one son and grandson, yet it appeared only Jack and Jamie were there with him at the hospital, maybe Adam’s family were just somewhere else off-screen. The actual case was also really good, good detective work in piecing together who did it.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Causa Mortis was on, and I’ll say again how much I hate the killer and his fiancé, the fiancé knew he was guilty and was still whining about how she wanted her baby to have a father, well her fiancé murdered a woman for her car and deprived 4 children of their mother, he deserved to rot and his fiancé didn’t even seem to care what he had done. Fuck her. This was a really good first episode for Jamie, she was a good character right off the bat.  
ID is now on - I love this episode, a complex plot with some colorful characters, and the scene where Jack is in jail for contempt and Adam visits him makes me laugh every time. Also the Jersey detective who was enjoying a fancy meal in NYC when Briscoe/Curtis talked to him was pretty good.

• Like 5
On 12/30/2022 at 12:10 PM, Xeliou66 said:

Causa Mortis was on, and I’ll say again how much I hate the killer and his fiancé, the fiancé knew he was guilty and was still whining about how she wanted her baby to have a father, well her fiancé murdered a woman for her car and deprived 4 children of their mother, he deserved to rot and his fiancé didn’t even seem to care what he had done. Fuck her. This was a really good first episode for Jamie, she was a good character right off the bat. 

I hated her too. She really didn't care that he murdered someone for her car. All she cared about was herself and father for her baby. She says he did for her because she wanted a car. So? He didn't have to kill someone to get it. He didn't have to steal a car either. 

ID is now on - I love this episode, a complex plot with some colorful characters, and the scene where Jack is in jail for contempt and Adam visits him makes me laugh every time. Also the Jersey detective who was enjoying a fancy meal in NYC when Briscoe/Curtis talked to him was pretty good.

I love Adam visiting Jack in jail. Him talking to the other guy also in jail. I love the Jersey detective making the most of his trip to NYC I'm always joking when watching First 48, Homicide Hunter or something when the detectives have to go to another state to interview a suspect that their probably having fun. Two went to San Francisco so I joke they probably went to Chinatown, and walked across the bridge or going to the beach and Disney World when visiting Miami. I love how sad the Jersey detective is when they find the body in his state.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

I hated her too. She really didn't care that he murdered someone for her car. All she cared about was herself and father for her baby. She says he did for her because she wanted a car. So? He didn't have to kill someone to get it. He didn't have to steal a car either. 

I love Adam visiting Jack in jail. Him talking to the other guy also in jail. I love the Jersey detective making the most of his trip to NYC I'm always joking when watching First 48, Homicide Hunter or something when the detectives have to go to another state to interview a suspect that their probably having fun. Two went to San Francisco so I joke they probably went to Chinatown, and walked across the bridge or going to the beach and Disney World when visiting Miami. I love how sad the Jersey detective is when they find the body in his state.

Yep, the killer’s fiancé didn’t give a single fuck that Fernando murdered an innocent woman for her car, I really couldn’t stand her, she was whining that her baby wouldn’t have a father while not caring that her baby’s father deprived four children of their mother. The ending of the episode where the tape is played in court while the husband and oldest daughter sit in the gallery crying is quite memorable.  
Another thing I like about Causa Mortis is how they handled the aftermath of Claire’s death - they didn’t ignore it entirely but they didn’t dwell on it, and I liked the ending scene with Jack and Lennie where you could tell each didn’t want the other to have guilt over Claire’s death, it would’ve been easy to go a soapy route and have beef between Jack and Lennie over what happened but I like that they went the opposite route.

ID is one my all time favorites - such a good plot and the twist that the killer murdered her sister to steal her identity was great. So many colorful characters as well - Judge Marks was off his rocker, the scene where him and the lawyers and detectives go to the apartment is unusual and memorable. I loved Jack finally snapping at Marks and then at the end the chief judge letting Marks have it for his unprofessional behavior. Schiff was great in the episode, and him telling the murderer in the cell with Jack to sit down was great. I also liked at the end how Adam took no pleasure in going after Marks, remembering that Marks used to be a good judge but just let the power go to his head. The Jersey detective dining on a nice meal was great, and there were a couple of other colorful witnesses as well in that one. It’s an all time great episode IMO. 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

3 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Yep, the killer’s fiancé didn’t give a single fuck that Fernando murdered an innocent woman for her car, I really couldn’t stand her, she was whining that her baby wouldn’t have a father while not caring that her baby’s father deprived four children of their mother.

Every time I watch the part of her crying how sorry she is that it happened, I go:

1) That’s not a real apology

2) You obviously weren't sorry enough if you were willing to pull that little stunt with your lawyer to get the gun excluded and try to help him get away with it. If you really were sorry, you would have told the truth AND got Fernando to plead guilty to not put the victim’s family through a trial. 

Seriously, fuck her.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2
On 1/2/2023 at 12:46 PM, Xeliou66 said:

ID is one my all time favorites - such a good plot and the twist that the killer murdered her sister to steal her identity was great. So many colorful characters as well - Judge Marks was off his rocker, the scene where him and the lawyers and detectives go to the apartment is unusual and memorable. I loved Jack finally snapping at Marks and then at the end the chief judge letting Marks have it for his unprofessional behavior. Schiff was great in the episode, and him telling the murderer in the cell with Jack to sit down was great. I also liked at the end how Adam took no pleasure in going after Marks, remembering that Marks used to be a good judge but just let the power go to his head. The Jersey detective dining on a nice meal was great, and there were a couple of other colorful witnesses as well in that one. It’s an all time great episode IMO. 

That was such a good twist. The murder did a good job pretending to be her sister. She didn't slip up once. I don't feel sorry for her or her husband. They were dumb enough to do their casino scam in mob owned casinos. If your dumb enough to do that you deserve to get murdered. I hate how she completely dismisses her sister's life as if it was nothing. Her poor sister. I love the take down of Judge Marks. He was a jerk to Jamie the whole time making inappropriate remarks. Then telling the other Judge he had a right to question witnesses. Ah, no that's not your job. Your job is to make sure the trial is fair. As the other judge pointed out. I was surprised by Adam's response all we've seen is Marks being a jerk. 

• Like 1