Type keyword(s) to search

Hopes and Fears: How Will We Survive This Island? (Speculation WITHOUT Spoilers)

quarks
  • Start Topic

^ It seems like you're excluding someone...I just can't place who.. :P

You know for all the talk about Oliver finding a balance between being the Arrow and living a normal life...he really hasn't. He dumped Felicity because of the danger or whatever he said...and now that he's with her, he's given up/forced to give up being the Arrow. So...balance? Not quite. 

I want that addressed. 

• Love 1
(edited)

^ It seems like you're excluding someone...I just can't place who.. :P

You know for all the talk about Oliver finding a balance between being the Arrow and living a normal life...he really hasn't. He dumped Felicity because of the danger or whatever he said...and now that he's with her, he's given up/forced to give up being the Arrow. So...balance? Not quite. 

I want that addressed. 

Tbh I want Laurel to be with Quentin, Dinah, and Sara not at the Diggle's. IDK I still don't think LL is friends with anyone on the team. So unless they fix that in season 4a, I won't want her to go to the Diggle's. 

Oliver pushed Felicity away because he couldn't find that balance, not because of any danger. I hope we get to see him try to balance his life and vigilante life in S4 as well. 

So many things need to be addressed. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 2

Tbh I want Laurel to be with Quentin, Dinah, and Sara not at the Diggle's. IDK I still don't think LL is friends with anyone on the team. So unless they fix that in season 4a, I won't want her to go to the Diggle's. 

Thea?

Actually...I want that in s4...they're both the newbies to the team..would be interesting to see them as sort of the outsiders (even though they've known Oliver longer/is his sister in Thea's case) 

(edited)

Thea?

Actually...I want that in s4...they're both the newbies to the team..would be interesting to see them as sort of the outsiders (even though they've known Oliver longer/is his sister in Thea's case) 

Yeah but this is if it's a Diggle christmas dinner, if Thea was throwing then party yeah. But she's not lol

I think we'll see Digg/Thea/Laurel bond in the first half of 401 as the new B-Team then Oliver will come back (I wonder if that will cause any issues?). I only want to see this happen if Diggle is out in the field with them. I also want him to be the unequivocal leader of that team as well. I also want to see them struggling because then what's the point of Oliver/Felicity if they do fine on their own? 

I'm interested in seeing Oliver worry about Thea out in the field and I'd like to see Felicity/Thea build a bond separate from Oliver. I also wouldn't mind seeing Laurel/Thea interact more considering they do have history. But most of all I just want to see Digg/Oliver make amends. That should be the primary focus until they resolve their issues. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 5

Can we please stop promoting that idiotic (may I say misogynic) stereotype that being an isolated, friendless woman must mean you also have lots of cats... it's disgusting. And I am not blaming you, I am just freakin tired of always seeing those two things being connected, especially in regards to women.

I'm going back to my chocolate.

Lol. I hate the stereotype too. I've embraced it a little since although I don't live alone I've currently somehow manged to accumulate, wait for it...six cats.

(I had one indoor cat for 15 years and four years ago when he died, I told everyone I didn't want a cat but two showed up and became five and then the number got down to three- all fixed - only for a starving kitten to meow on my door step in the dead on winter...oop a pregnant starving kitten. So four jumped to frick'n NINE for about six weeks which we got down to six - yes ALL fixed. Yes. I live in the country. No, not on a farm. And the only one I could probably find a home for is the only one I want to keep. )

• Love 2

Lol. I hate the stereotype too. I've embraced it a little since although I don't live alone I've currently somehow manged to accumulate, wait for it...six cats.

(I had one indoor cat for 15 years and four years ago when he died, I told everyone I didn't want a cat but two showed up and became five and then the number got down to three- all fixed - only for a starving kitten to meow on my door step in the dead on winter...oop a pregnant starving kitten. So four jumped to frick'n NINE for about six weeks which we got down to six - yes ALL fixed. Yes. I live in the country. No, not on a farm. And the only one I could probably find a home for is the only one I want to keep. )

First of all allow me to applaud you for not only opening your home but also serving as a foster home.. the world would be a much better place if there were more of us there.

You beat me by one cat, I've got five. They're all mine, but I got to five i because I couldn't find a good forever home to any of them so (which will technically make it six if you count my sister cat who was my foster kitten)... I mean, you grow attached you know...

And lucky you... my love life has been, ummm... lukewarm, to say the least. I can't seem to find a animal loving, non smoking, nice looking partner.

• Love 2
(edited)

I just want Tommy back in a full episode interacting with the whole cast, not just in FB. I understand why they had to kill off Tommy, because it made for a necessary change in OQ. But I just miss him & the different energy he brought to the show. I never saw Felicity & Tommy as potential lovers, but I think they would have been amazing friends, esp considering the crap that OQ tends to pull sometimes. Tommy had a way to speaking/getting to OQ that no one else has managed to fill that role yet. So however it needs to happen, please TPTB make it happen.

Holiday episodes don't bother me, but I think they do work better on family oriented dramas like Brothers & Sisters and Downton Abbey. I'm not quite sure if it would work on Arrow, but I would be willing to watch them try. I did enjoy their holiday tone in s1 when OQ tried to bring back the tradition of Holiday party & tree trimming. So it might work.

It might be nice to see what might have happened if certain events had not taken place. I think the Gambit would still have to go down. But what would it have been like if OQ had been able to stop both earthquake machines.Or maybe if he had just let MM die the first time he saved him.

I also don't mind episodes that take place all in someone's head while they are in a coma/dream. So I think we could see an episode that embraces some of this AU from other people's perspective. I feel like we see a lot of OQ's perspective. But I wonder, what certain events were like from other people's viewpoints, its why I like it when the FB don't always focus on OQ.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 1

I mean, you grow attached you know...

I do.  Two of the cats that were from the unexpected teen mother that showed up on my door, they were claimed but it fell through and by that time they were no longer tiny adorable kittens and we sadly discovered we'd apparently not held them enough when they were little.  They are two of the most snuggly cats...as long as they jump up to see you.  You CAN NOT pick them up or they freak out like you are killing them.  So yeah, they are not going anywhere. 

I never saw Felicity & Tommy as potential lovers, but I think they would have been amazing friends, esp considering the crap that OQ tends to pull sometimes.

I've read a fan fic here and there (cough, Smoaking Billionaires, cough) but I agree, I've never really thought the pairing worked as anything but friends or  fellow conspirators (in the nicest way) against Oliver.   

Tommy was soooo in love with Laurel. People don't change types that drastically.  But I thought a Tommy/Thea relationship would have been interesting (how Oliver would have hated it!) until they decided that Malcolm is her father.

I think Tommy and Felicity could have worked well as friends and poor Tommy didn't really have many people in his corner. His mother was dead, his father a sociopath, the woman he loved preferred his best friend and he was angry/disgusted at Oliver.  He could have used someone like Felicity in his corner.

On the subject of cats, Charlotte Ross is a big proponent of fostering animals.

(I got a cat, and then three pregnant kitties were abandoned on my cousin's far so we got another cat and that was it. And then a small black kitty showed up at the back door in the coldest January I could remember and three days later she was ours.  I'm ready to get a dog but the two of the cats wouldn't accept one.)

• Love 1

I think if Thea was older I could have seen her with Tommy until the whole MM paternity twist. Bu the fact that she was in her pre-teens/teens when OQ went missing and TM stepped in as an older brother type that made it a little awkward for me.

Tommy was so in love with LL and I think their chemistry blended well. But Tommy definitely could have used a friend like Felictiy. Felicity could also use some friends in SC.

• Love 1
I also want to see them struggling because then what's the point of Oliver/Felicity if they do fine on their own?

Or maybe they flourish because there's no "big bad" for a while and Oliver and Felicity take an ego blow. I don't want Diggle and Thea to be shown as inept against the average criminal. 

• Love 1

Or maybe they flourish because there's no "big bad" for a while and Oliver and Felicity take an ego blow. I don't want Diggle and Thea to be shown as inept against the average criminal. 

Agreed. Although only if it's common street thugs/drug dealers/maybe a few ARGUS baddies. But no major baddies. 

• Love 1

All I need is that whatever happens that brings Oliver and Felicity back into the game, it's not a tragedy. You know, my hope is they get bored being civilians, and want back in the action for FUN. I'd watch the hell outta that.

• Love 9

All I need is that whatever happens that brings Oliver and Felicity back into the game, it's not a tragedy. You know, my hope is they get bored being civilians, and want back in the action for FUN. I'd watch the hell outta that.

I can totally imagine Oliver/Felicity being all domestic but at the same time itching to go back home whenever they hear news of a new baddie in Starling. Maybe they could do their own mini mission wherever they are? Sort of like how Chuck/Sarah in season 4. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I think we are all assuming that something happening in Starling City will bring them back, but it might be nice if they come back because something tracked them down. Maybe HIVE finds them, or something with Felicity's father or Oliver remembers something in those five years that ties to Andy. 

Also, I hope when we see Oliver and Felicity they are settled down somewhere. Maybe they spent the first few months on the road but they found a little town they connected with and rented out a place. …. and while they are there they come across a crime and it makes them itch to get back into the game. 

Or maybe they just miss Thea and Diggle and decide to come home.

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 2
(edited)

That's what EBR seems to be suggesting, that while Felicity wouldn't get bored with Oliver but she'd miss the excitement and the challenge of the crusade.

I wish the writers would listen to her more.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

I think we'll see Digg/Thea/Laurel bond in the first half of 401 as the new B-Team then Oliver will come back (I wonder if that will cause any issues?). I only want to see this happen if Diggle is out in the field with them. I also want him to be the unequivocal leader of that team as well. I also want to see them struggling because then what's the point of Oliver/Felicity if they do fine on their own? 

I'm worried about how they'll reintegrate Oliver and Felicity back into the team, and I really, really hope that Oliver is the "unequivocal leader" as well. This is Oliver's story.

I'm not a huge fan of Laurel, but I hope she is happy throughout S4 because I simply can't stomach another season of her drama. I hope she gets a new love interest and operates as BC mostly autonomously so she won't be around to give Oliver unnecessary pushback--he's the one with the expertise. I would love for Laurel to be the floater, which seems like would be most in keeping with her comic destiny as a hero in her own right and not as Green Arrow's sidekick.

I hope that Felicity's role as love interest doesn't convert her to the show's go-to damsel in distress a la S1 Laurel. Felicity is smart and resourceful, and her place has always been to support the mission from the lair, which mostly kept her out of the field. I also agree with others that I don't want her to become a fighter--we don't need brawn so blatantly privileged over brains, especially given the pitfalls created in the past when brawny characters like Oliver behaved with utter stupidity.

Lastly, I'd just really love some sweet and sexy times with Oliver and Felicity. As much as I loved the heart eyes of S2, I would so enjoy seeing them in domestic bliss, as suggested by EBR. I feel like the show has built them up so much that I really can't see a way to break them up without plunging us all into despair and another lengthy angst-fest. They just seem way too invested in each other to give up.

• Love 5

IDK part of me sorta wants a split season. I kinda want OQ & FS in Coast City for awhile perhaps setting up LoT stuff or doing something different than pining to get back to SC. Maybe working on stuff from when OQ was perhaps in CC in FB. Then Diggle/Thea/Laurel can keep SC safe from whatever type of criminal the writers make in SC. Then by close to midseason, perhaps they can all reunite back in SC to help with HIVE stuff. Only problem is I have no idea how to work in Ray's mysterious death & FS's possible ownership of PT into my little theory.

I'll be pretty surprised if Oliver and Felicity aren't back in Starling by the end of the first episode. Mid 402 at most. If there's one thing I don't think will change is the breakneck pace, and the burning through plot points. Hopefully it'll go with a more cheerful tone, but I can't see them slowing down.

• Love 1
(edited)

I loved all of EBR's responses to the Olicity questions. She didn't play around. She mentioned at the UpFronts that she knew about the plan but she wasn't sure if it would happen. Now its like, they went there so go there 100%. I like that she says she wants to see the relationship (still can't believe she said sex) and all that it entails. Given the negativity this season, I was impressed. But I think my favorite quote was about being a team within the team. That's really one of my hopes. I want it to be TEAM & olicity and not OLICITY & team. 

Unrelated (kinda), but I was thinking about David's comments about the love story having a negative effect on the season and I was thinking about SA and wondering if he agrees. Then I remembered his excitement for The Fallen and the fact that his favorite show is Parenthood. My head canon is SA and EBR have a similar line of thinking there.

IDK part of me sorta wants a split season. I kinda want OQ & FS in Coast City for awhile perhaps setting up LoT stuff or doing something different than pining to get back to SC. Maybe working on stuff from when OQ was perhaps in CC in FB. Then Diggle/Thea/Laurel can keep SC safe from whatever type of criminal the writers make in SC. Then by close to midseason, perhaps they can all reunite back in SC to help with HIVE stuff. Only problem is I have no idea how to work in Ray's mysterious death & FS's possible ownership of PT into my little theory.

I'm not sure about a spilt season, but I would be open to the Team not reuniting in the first episode. Maybe Diggle/Thea/Laurel get attacked in Starling City and Oliver/Felicity get attacked at the same time. A two-part opener and everyone gets back together in the third episode trying to figure out what is going on.

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 4
(edited)

I hope the show will have Ray Blowing up/shrinking closer to s4 than the end of S3. It was the kind of cliffhanger so I have hope. If Ray was helping to keep the city safe over the summer it would help with what is the point of Felicity and Oliver. Plus a Tragedy bringing back Oliver and Felicity but not one that will affect the whole season. I don't think it's believable Felicity and Oliver would not come back when Ray Blew up. Especially with Felicity an owner of the Starling City section of Palmer's industry now.

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 2
(edited)

I have a good feeling about season 4. IDK why, and it's probably stupid because I should definitely enter the season with zero expectations. But as long as Oliver/Felicity are happy, Diggle/Oliver get over their issues, Felicity/Diggle bond more, and Diggle/Felicity get their own arcs, I'll be content. 

Every time I feel myself getting cautiously optimistic about S4, I remind myself that last summer, I was hopeful about S3 - and look how that turned out.

Lastly, I'd just really love some sweet and sexy times with Oliver and Felicity. As much as I loved the heart eyes of S2, I would so enjoy seeing them in domestic bliss, as suggested by EBR. I feel like the show has built them up so much that I really can't see a way to break them up without plunging us all into despair and another lengthy angst-fest. They just seem way too invested in each other to give up.

At this point, the only way for Oliver and Felicity to break up without despair/angst would be if it was a mutual decision due to burned-out passion and deciding they were better off as friends.  However, I can't see that happening with these two because of their natural chemistry and everything that's happened and everything that's been said by them over the past two seasons -- but you never know with these EPs.  I'm still afraid that the next two or three seasons (trilogy?) will include their break-up for some contrived reason. 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

I swear I read somewhere that Begining of S4 we see that Oliver has a "Mole" telling him what's going on in SC while Felicity is getting bored of Civilian life but NOT Oliver

I too think that Oliver and Felicity will be back in Starling City by mid 4x01.  4x02 at the latest.  One thing that Oliver's "death"  episodes showed is that the show isn't as good when Oliver isn't on it.  They even had Laurel and Ray becoming superheroes and it still wasn't as interesting as when Oliver is there, as a number of reviewers have said.

It may be a threat to the city, or it may be Ray blowing up that forces Felicity to back and deal with PT (less likely because the show is Arrow, not Felicity Smoak) but I have the feeling they will be back soon into the new season.

• Love 1

If the dialogue preview for s4 posted in the Spoilers Thread is anything to go by, seems like we might just get to meet

a little lighter, more confident and even sassy Oliver Queen in season 4. That's something that would get me excited for season 4.

Please don't squash my hopes, show.

• Love 6

from the possible Damian Darhk dialogue

"That's why I made it point not to feel it again. Family, friends, love, children, I cut ties with all of that."

Please don't be Felicity's father.... please don't be Felicity's father.... please don't be Felicity's father.

• Love 6

from the possible Damian Darhk dialogue

"That's why I made it point not to feel it again. Family, friends, love, children, I cut ties with all of that."

Please don't be Felicity's father.... please don't be Felicity's father.... please don't be Felicity's father.

LMAO I had the exact opposite reaction as you. The dialogue made me want Damian Darhk to be her father more. That or Diggle's brother.

• Love 1

I kinda hope Andy's really dead because I just cannot anymore with this show reviving people. But I was thinking about something else -- everyone is assuming Felicity's father is bad, what if surprise! It was Andy who got involved in shady things, hence having a kill contract on his head?

• Love 4

I like the twisty idea of Andy turning out to be Darhk but we've already seen him though. They wouldn't be casting someone new if this were the case.

Well they recast Sara so they could do it with Digg's brother?

But Ra's said that he and Damian Darhk were competing to be the new Ra's, and that Darhk stole some of the Lazarus Pit water. That implies that he's got to be about 200 years old (whenever that non-existent cholera plague hit Alexandria) so he couldn't be Diggle's brother.

The 200 year thing is what trumps me on Dark [i'm skipping the H henceforth] being Felicity's father. What, he took a break from being an evil mastermind and spent seven years in Vegas hitched to a cocktail waitress?

• Love 7

Yes, and then he realized that he had to leave everyone he loved behind, and go back to being a super villain.  Mwahahahahah....

I do think that having DD be Felicity's father would be a waste of storytelling (it would be enough of a problem between her and Diggle if her father only worked for HIVE) but this show, this show.

(edited)

The 200 year thing is what trumps me on Dark [i'm skipping the H henceforth] being Felicity's father. What, he took a break from being an evil mastermind and spent seven years in Vegas hitched to a cocktail waitress?

Well, Ra's would have fit in in Vegas very well.  The robes, the gold rings, the greasy hair...dude had serious lounge lizard game.  Maybe Darhk digs the Vegas vibe, too. 

(Seriously, though, if they make him a contemporary of Ra's and also Felicity's father who not only impregnated but actually lived with a cocktail waitress and their daughter, in Vegas, for like seven years, the stupid will BURN.)

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 1

DD as her father makes no sense. I wouldn't be able to wrap my head around how it would work. However the biggest reason why I don't want DD to be her father is because at the end of the day the show is about Arrow. It's about Oliver. Felicity would be short-changed again because her father would be all about Oliver. Or they do make him the Big Bad and they do make it about Felicity. That would upset me too. The show needs to remember its own premise and not remove Oliver from the spotlight again.

I want her Dad to be a mirror of her; Head of Team DD's Tech department. Felicity would be dangerous if she went bad, her Dad could be an example of what could happen if she went more grey. I'm not sure what I want Andy to be. Heavily involved shady character or if I want him to be an idealistic dreamer who got in over his head.

• Love 5

Yeah I don't want DD being Felicitys dad. Have him work for DD and be a willing bad guy who tries to corrupt his daughter he could even sic Cooper and Brie on Felicity. Andy could be alive and evil and be sent after his bro. I can see OG Team Arrow all having their own personal villains this season.

• Love 1

Unknown: Please, don't kill me.

Villain: Well, I hadn't made up my mind up about that to be honest, but I can tell you that the incessant whining isn't helping your cause much.

Unknown: I haven't done anything to you.

Villain: That's a matter of opinion. You failed me.

Unknown: I'm sorry.

Villain: Not yet you're not, but you will be. In that interval try to have some dignity at least.

Unknown: I'll do anything you want.

Villain: So, that's a pass on dignity. I was in your position more than once, vulnerable and someone else's mercy or lack thereof. It is a terrible feeling. It might be the worst emotion, worst than sadness or grief or loneliness. That's why I made it point not to feel it again. Family, friends, love, children, I cut ties with all of that. Now there's nothing I can be threatened with. I look at you and see your fear and there's nothing that I recognize. I have no fear, because of that. I show no mercy.

I looked at these audition sides and originally worried that they might create angst and regress Oliver but what if instead they use it to contrast DD with Oliver's choice to embrace the people in his life? 

• Love 2

I like the twisty idea of Andy turning out to be Darhk but we've already seen him though. They wouldn't be casting someone new if this were the case.

Unless Damien Darhk is a title & not a person (like it was with Ras), I don't see that particular twist possible as Ras said he was his contemporary & they trained together generations ago. So there is no way that could be Diggle's brother. It just wouldn't work. I could see them totally having Andy be alive though & a dark agent for HIVE or DD. That I think is possible & might be a welcome twist.

Unknown: Please, don't kill me.

Villain: Well, I hadn't made up my mind up about that to be honest, but I can tell you that the incessant whining isn't helping your cause much.

Unknown: I haven't done anything to you.

Villain: That's a matter of opinion. You failed me.

Unknown: I'm sorry.

Villain: Not yet you're not, but you will be. In that interval try to have some dignity at least.

Unknown: I'll do anything you want.

Villain: So, that's a pass on dignity. I was in your position more than once, vulnerable and someone else's mercy or lack thereof. It is a terrible feeling. It might be the worst emotion, worst than sadness or grief or loneliness. That's why I made it point not to feel it again. Family, friends, love, children, I cut ties with all of that. Now there's nothing I can be threatened with. I look at you and see your fear and there's nothing that I recognize. I have no fear, because of that. I show no mercy.

I looked at these audition sides and originally worried that they might create angst and regress Oliver but what if instead they use it to contrast DD with Oliver's choice to embrace the people in his life? 

NO more regression for OQ!! Plz don't put these little thoughts in the world :) But it could so happen. I hope if it does thought, he resolves it in an epsiode though. I don't mind the mini-regressions of OQ - its just when they stretch them out for long arcs.

I really hope DD is not FS father, its just too much. When I read the scripts though I wonder if it is Mr. Smoak & DD interacting with each other. They could be using the acript to audition actors at the same time for separate roles. Kill two birds with one stone type thing.

• Love 1

I don't mind the mini-regressions of OQ - its just when they stretch them out for long arcs.

Yeah, I have no problem for mid episode freak outs over just about anything as long as whoever it is gets their head on by the end of the episode.  It's not that I expect characters to always be perfect and never do something dumb but when a show spends time hammering home points like the need to let people in, then those lessons should stay learned.  That is one of the things that made Smallvile SOOOOOOOO maddening.  Clark never learned.  He just kept going back to the same issues.  He could literally spell out the lesson he learned in one episode and then  question it in the next. 

We've already been on that merry go round too long with Oliver.  Unless there is a freaking fantastic reason for him to regress they should focus on moving forward. Don't tell me that Oliver doesn't have plenty of other issues we can explore.

I kind of feel like at some point he is going to go to a therapist.  There was something about his exchange with Cupid's shrink that felt important, something they could use as a future call back.  Of course with Oliver's luck just when he starts to open up and deal with his issues his therapist would turn out to be an evil spy for some nefarious organization.  Still, I wouldn't have minded if Oliver had swung by to "chat" with Cupid's therapist every once and awhile.  I think she would have been refreshingly blunt when he was being a fool. 

• Love 3

I kind of feel like at some point he is going to go to a therapist.  There was something about his exchange with Cupid's shrink that felt important, something they could use as a future call back.  Of course with Oliver's luck just when he starts to open up and deal with his issues his therapist would turn out to be an evil spy for some nefarious organization.  Still, I wouldn't have minded if Oliver had swung by to "chat" with Cupid's therapist every once and awhile.  I think she would have been refreshingly blunt when he was being a fool. 

There have been a couple very tiny speaking parts that really intrigued me, and that was one.  I really liked that actress and her sarcastic empathy.  Another was the ARGUS guy in Captain Boomerang's house in the beginning of the Flarrow crossover episode: "Unless police uniforms have gotten really interesting, you're not SCPD either."  That guy was also really sarcastic, but gruff.  Loved him.

• Love 3
(edited)

I loved the therapy sessions on The Sopranos & Alias, as well as other shows. I think they make for good television. But then again I am partial to psychology so it could be internal bias.

I would love to see OQ as part of being a new person have to go to a sesson every once and awhile just to process his issues. The Cupid Therapist I think was a really good bit role player that brought the right amount of bluntness & humor.

I also think it would be nice shout-out to therapy in general, that there is no shame in needing to get some extra help - especially when dealing with some of the heavy issues that have/are facing OQ.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 2

I really hope DD is not FS father, its just too much. When I read the scripts though I wonder if it is Mr. Smoak & DD interacting with each other. They could be using the acript to audition actors at the same time for separate roles. Kill two birds with one stone type thing.

I did wonder the same, if this wasn't an audition for two separated roles. It's clear the first portion of the dialogue with Oliver is DD, but the second one, i wonder if the "villain" bit is FS father.

And why is the name "Simon" in there when everyone at this point knows about DD? 

• Love 1
(edited)

As for Damian Darhk and Felicity's father? Reserching DD, he does seem to be a good fit for Her father. Except for the living with a cocktail waitress in Vegas. So I'm thinking that instead of Myth and Legend, DD started looking For people really connected to "modern" advancement. Maybe instead of DD being Felicity's father he just recruited him. Or Kiddnapped him and forced him to create everything his mind comes up with. I'm not sure I'm looking forward to DD either way. Casting is vital. Though little girl Felicity Flashbacks could be cute.

Mostly I've been trying to figure out who they will turn Diggle into.

Started out looking at DC Comics John and DC Johnny. There is actually a lot. John Jones Martian Manhunter and Green lantern John Stewart being big and I added US Military. And John Henry Irons came up.

Steal seems like a good fit. But we'll see since he's connected to Superman and Super Girl.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steel_(John_Henry_Irons)

Then I looked at DC Comics HIVE (and H.I.V.E) with brothers which mostly lead to a lot of Brother Blood stuff. So I had to do a lot of looking. I came across Gan and Travis Williams. Their bio is nothing like Diggle but Their father was held captive of HIVE. And their sibling relationship.

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Gan_Williams_(New_Earth)

And DC has already changed them from Asian to black.

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Alexei_(Prime_Earth)

And when we were speculating Diggle would have Parts missing and go all Robo but not be Cyborg I came across

Then there is a Black Bodyguard Big Thunder

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Big_Thunder_(New_Earth)

And A black Captian Thunder.

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Captain_Thunder_(Destiny)

And Johnny Thunder teamed up with the Original Black Canary. Johnny Thunder isn't like Diggle at all but I can see instead of a little Genie Friend, he has a gun for a little friend.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Thunder

Lol I'm so clueless. I wish I knew mire about DC comics. I'm learning but slowly. I wish I still had all the old comics I read over the years.

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 1