Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

Let's see. The SBu Jason "died" in fall 2012. Some newer hospital people wouldn't recognize him. Dr. Bentsch. Griffin. Fin. The Keekster. Not sure about Amy. She's supposed to have been a Port Charles lifer.

Would Ava recognize old Jason if she bumped into him at the hospital? She did not first appear until later, but she has to be a lifetime subscriber to Mob Life. They both probably made the annual countdown of the 50 most powerful mobsters.  

The African-American group. Valerie, Curtis, and Stella are all newer. So's Jordan, but she's in law enforcement; surely she's seen pictures.  

Nina, Valentin, and Charlotte wouldn't know that face.  Nor would Oscar, but I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel now.  

Edit: Repeated post mess.   

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 2

Jason is so enmeshed in PC that I figure everyone recognizes him, no matter what he looks like. Spinelli didn't even need to see his face! (Fingers crossed there's some reference to that.)

48 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

Valentin

I can see him recognizing SBu because Helena. 

49 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

Dr. Bentsch

He barely knows BM's Jason. Which is something else I'd love if they reference. SBu's Jason comes to GH and Dr. Bentsch treats him as if there's no difference.

The show could have a little fun with this if it wanted to, but of course everything has to be serious when it comes to St. Jasus.

• Love 2

I'm going to guess Dr Finn and Anna.  Of course Anna has probably seen him, but the writers will write him as if she hasn't.   It screams "incompetent ", so it will happen.  They're going to look for Hayden and find Steve.  So meta.  (Especially since the rumors in 2012 were that Steve hated Micheal Easton and left because McBain got the hero edit and Jason didn't) They will have to have Griffin and Dr Max Holden consult when they find Steve sick or maybe they think he is since he will be claiming to be Jason Morgan.   Kiki, best nurse ever, will be his nurse.  That will lead to Franco.   

God.  This crap writes itself.   

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

I'm going to guess Dr Finn and Anna.  Of course Anna has probably seen him, but the writers will write him as if she hasn't.   It screams "incompetent ", so it will happen.  They're going to look for Hayden and find Steve.  So meta.  (Especially since the rumors in 2012 were that Steve hated Micheal Easton and left because McBain got the hero edit and Jason didn't) They will have to have Griffin and Dr Max Holden consult when they find Steve sick or maybe they think he is since he will be claiming to be Jason Morgan.   Kiki, best nurse ever, will be his nurse.  That will lead to Franco.   

God.  This crap writes itself.   

Wouldn't you think Robin would have OG!Jasus photos in a scrapbook in her home that Anna may have seen?

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Hope4Soaps said:

Wouldn't you think Robin would have OG!Jasus photos in a scrapbook in her home that Anna may have seen?

One would,  but I doubt these writers care.  I'm sure we'll get "You look familiar " comments from all three because Anna probably saw a pic of Original Crispy Jason, while McBain knew him too.  But it's so not McBain *wink wink*.

• Love 2
On 9/2/2017 at 6:26 PM, Chairperson Meow said:

The friendship between Jason, Sam, Sonny and Carly will be affected when Jason and Sam pursue a new life.

Oh no, not the Jason/Sam/Sonny/Carly friendship! #alltheeyerolls

Kevin helps Laura deal with the challenges of Spencer’s civil suit against Valentin.

Geez-us, he's not even on canvas and Kevin and Laura's only story is STILL about fuckin' Spencer.  I beg you, Show, give them something, ANYTHING else to do!

There may be romance in Dr. Bensch’s future.

Outside of my fear they're going to do something rape-y with him and Kiki, there was that random flirtation with Jordan a while back.  But maybe we should learn a bit more about this character who's appeared three times in as many months before he gets a girlfriend? 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

But maybe we should learn a bit more about this character who's appeared three times in as many months before he gets a girlfriend? 

Begone with your logic. It has no place here! Insta-romance or bust is Frank's formula!

• Love 5

Remember how Jelly were so back pat-y about using mob moll Carly as their voice against gun violence?  Remember when Carly spent months and months going on about the cycle of violence and how it needed to end? 

I fucking hate this show.  I mean, this kind of Carly is certainly more in-character, but this sudden back flip from all the crap we had to sit through is just terrible, terrible writing.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Remember how Jelly were so back pat-y about using mob moll Carly as their voice against gun violence?  Remember when Carly spent months and months going on about the cycle of violence and how it needed to end? 

Typical Carly, though, don't you think? She's tired of gun violence when it suits her, and she's all for it when it suits her. What was galling was the HW claiming Carly was taking some sort of moral high road. Carly never, ever gets the moral high road, unless it's about being chained to a radiator in a panic room.

• Love 9

I fucking hate this show.  I mean, this kind of Carly is certainly more in-character, but this sudden back flip from all the crap we had to sit through is just terrible, terrible writing.

That promo, and the caption, are embarrassing. Yes, dragons are required. Tons and tons and tons of dragons. 

However, I'm fine with pretending Carly pearl-clutching about violence and throwing guns in the water didn't happen.

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Comparing Carly to Daenerys. That's a first.

"Unleash the dragons on that frigid ice bitch Robin (and Alexis)!"

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

That promo, and the caption, are embarrassing.

Embarrassing really is the perfect word.   Comparing yourself to something like GoT doesn't make you look cooler, it makes you look pathetic.  You are not GoT, you are not "The Sopranos", you.  Are.  A.  Soap.  Opera.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

https://twitter.com/GeneralHospital/status/905166151801495552

A lot of fans (of "Supernatural", I suspect) irritated at the objectification of MC. They have a point, but I think he's been pretty terrible on GH so far, so the whole "he's an actor, damn it!!" is a bit much for me.

I've seen his other stuff and he is great.   Its the writing and pacing of GH.   It's messed up because going by the comments, he's got what GH needs - what any soap would want tbh.  He's talented,  attractive,  and has fans outside of daytime.  If Mo would release his death grip on the show, they would have to develop and write interestingly characters and stories for the show.  But all stories must lead to Sonny.  However, it would require Shelly to work.

• Love 4

I know someone who's not going to like this spoiler (I don't particularly like it either):

It's not me, is it lol? I don't really care. I'll like it if it makes Dante and Nina jealous.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

My guess is that Lulu and Dante get primary custody of Charlotte, but Lulu ends up letting him have some kind of visitation.  I guess she doesn't want to pull a Sonny.

I would be okay for that solely for Charlotte's sake as long as the visitation is limited. More than the paltry one hour a week that Lulu got, but maybe every other weekend. Various times and weeknights at Lulu's discretion.

Edited by LexieLily

Depends on how old they want her to be—she seems to be anywhere from 6 to 10 or 12, depending on what the plot point requires—but even if she's not old enough to be the one to decide who she wants to live with, I'd think the court would at least ask her how things were going. If Windermere gave her nightmares and Rocco kept punching her because he's jealous, those are legit complaints.

• Love 3
On 9/3/2017 at 6:18 AM, Asp Burger said:

Let's see. The SBu Jason "died" in fall 2012. Some newer hospital people wouldn't recognize him. Dr. Bentsch. Griffin. Fin. The Keekster. Not sure about Amy. She's supposed to have been a Port Charles lifer.

On AMC, when Tad Martin came back from the dead with amnesia  he was in Pine Valley hospital all the time visiting the woman he thought was his Mother.   He had only been "dead" a couple of years, so you think someone would have recognized him since his father was chief of staff, his mother was head nurse, his other mother and love of his life were hospital volunteers - and said love of of his life was often in the hospital room of the woman Tad was visiting striking up a friendship with her.  A lot of near misses a lot of talk of chicken fingers etc.  

I know you need to suspend belief in soaps, but it got more and more distracting after awhile that he never ran into anyone.   He could basically only hang out with Dimitri and Edmund and look confused as a memory would stir when they would mention someone he knew like Erica.

Hopefully they won't drag out Burton-Jason having near misses too long.  I envision a lot of close-ups of the original borg trying to look thoughtful and confused as one of the newer people mentioning Sonny or Carly etc.

• Love 5
On 9/5/2017 at 7:36 PM, ulkis said:

https://twitter.com/GeneralHospital/status/905166151801495552

A lot of fans (of "Supernatural", I suspect) irritated at the objectification of MC. They have a point, but I think he's been pretty terrible on GH so far, so the whole "he's an actor, damn it!!" is a bit much for me.

I definitely see where they're coming from. I'm not someone who thinks, "Women are treated like pieces of meat, so let's objectify male actors for a change and see how they like it!" Because in practice, the effect is the other way around. It gives the entertainment industry a bullshit defense. "We also put up shirtless male actors for ogling. What are you complaining about?" Then things just trudge along as they are, and none of us get anywhere.  

I remember years ago reading this woman on some soap board bragging about how she had her hands all over the abs of Rick Hearst at a fan event, talking about what they felt like, rock-solid and all that. It gave me the creeps. Yeah, maybe she asked and he said it was all right, but (1) she shouldn't have and (2) he shouldn't have. To me, it was no different than if I'd read a report on a sci-fi convention and some guy had written,"Boomer on BSG let me feel her ass, and it was so toned and perfect! I didn't get to try out Starbuck's boobs, but there's always next year!"

I'd imagine Supernatural fans are of mostly of a younger generation, and this push-back gives me a little hope for the future. 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 3
On 9/5/2017 at 5:20 PM, TeeVee329 said:

Embarrassing really is the perfect word.   Comparing yourself to something like GoT doesn't make you look cooler, it makes you look pathetic.  You are not GoT, you are not "The Sopranos", you.  Are.  A.  Soap.  Opera.

Well, so is GoT. In fact it's way soapier than GH actually is. It's just a bad comparison because GH sucks.

• Love 4

Next week's spoilers from TV Source: https://tvsourcemagazine.com/2017/09/general-hospital-spoilers-september-11-15-2017-edition/

Franco visits Heather. Will he be able to trust what he is told? Does Heather still know something the Quartermaines don’t know?

And there's Heather to retcon the Jason/Franco births again, ugh.  And the mention of the Quartermaines in this spoiler is irritating given, clearly, this is being written as a Franco-centric story.

Bobbie reaches out to Monica.

Hmmm, I wonder why.  Because of the Michael/Nelle sitch?  Because of Jason?  In any case, I can't remember the last time these two shared a scene so that could be nice.

• Love 3

I see the budget went to the extreme editing for this as.  And by the way, Frank,  you hired a 3 time Emmy winner in Billy Miller and you've given him garbage to act.  BM won 3 times for Lead Actor (the award Mo can't crack lately ) and Steve has won Supporting Actor.   

• Love 10
46 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

I see the budget went to the extreme editing for this as.  And by the way, Frank,  you hired a 3 time Emmy winner in Billy Miller and you've given him garbage to act.  BM won 3 times for Lead Actor (the award Mo can't crack lately ) and Steve has won Supporting Actor.   

I don't know if Frank is to blame for this one. If BM does anything besides rumble at Sam the loud fans on twitter scream bloody murder. Of course, fans scream bloody murder at a lot of things and Frank doesn't listen so maybe Frank is to blame after all, heh.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ulkis said:

I don't know if Frank is to blame for this one. If BM does anything besides rumble at Sam the loud fans on twitter scream bloody murder. Of course, fans scream bloody murder at a lot of things and Frank doesn't listen so maybe Frank is to blame after all, heh.

I mean how when he started, he asked Frank what direction to go in with his then Jake character.     

• Love 1