Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I guess she'll be the next supermodel, following in the august steps of Brenda Barrett!

Because only in Port Charles are supermodels shorter than average, I guess so they won't tower over Sonny, like the ones in the real world would. 

Edited by rur
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, ulkis said:

If it's true and there's tension between her and Dante, Lulu better get someone to screw lol.

If there's tension between her and Dante, Lulu can fuck herself lol.  Dante's welcomed her random child into his life with open arms and, given Oscar's age, it's clear the relationship with his mother would have pre-dated Lulu.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

If there's tension between her and Dante, Lulu can fuck herself lol.  Dante's welcomed her random child into his life with open arms and, given Oscar's age, it's clear the relationship with his mother would have pre-dated Lulu.

I meant between Dante and the mom.

Lulu's kid is a little girl who was created from someone kidnapping Lulu and forcibly taking her egg. I don't really think Dante should get many extra points from welcoming her.

I wouldn't be surprised though if they made Lulu randomly refuse to accept Oscar.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

There's a rumor that she's Oscar's mom and Oscar is Dante's. Yeesh.

Wait. WHAT??? Am I reading correctly? Nelle might be Oscar's Mom and DANTE might be his Father??? Huh????

I mean yeah, this is GH and I didn't watch at all last week so maybe I missed something but how are they going to explain neither one of them recognizing the other all this time? 

I was really hoping he'd be Brenda's just to make Carly's head explode. I know that doesn't make sense either since Oscar lives with his Mom but sense flew out the GH door a long time ago.

• Love 1

Yeah, I assume the (very stupid) Nelle photo shoot stuff is setting up whatever Bobbie and Felicia find in her past.  Like...she's tempted, but worried her abusive ex will see the pictures or something.

Speaking of which, didn't Bobbie ask Felicia to look into that weeks ago?  The pacing on this show, 'tis terrible.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

Felicia was too busy having open air sex with Mac

It would be nice if this show did a swerve and it turned out that Nelle is really a good person and running from something bad in her past but that would mean that Carly and Bobbie were wrong about her and I doubt it will happen. For a soap opera, the lines between "good people(like Sonny and Jason and Carly)" and "bad people" (like Ava, Julian and Valentine) )are drawn in permanent ink.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

It would be nice if this show did a swerve and it turned out that Nelle is really a good person and running from something bad in her past

This wouldn't be a swerve to me as it's what I'm expecting.  Bobbie is going too hard to prove Nelle is "evil", it will backfire.

• Love 4

Bobbie and Carly are definitely gonna be the mean girls to Nelle and wrong about her, no doubt in my mind. Unless FV has decided to ditch her, which I doubt.

Ava and Valentin are also treated sympathetically by the show, even if other characters are allowed to hate them.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Bobbie and Carly are definitely gonna be the mean girls to Nelle and wrong about her, no doubt in my mind.

Bobbie and Carlie will be wrong, but whatever the secret is will make Nelle just terrible enough that they aren't completely unjustified in their treatment of her.

10 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Ava and Valentin are also treated sympathetically by the show, even if other characters are allowed to hate them.

I wish Sonny got more of this treatment. It's ridiculous that no one can hate him (and not be treated with contempt because of it). 

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Bobbie and Carlie will be wrong, but whatever the secret is will make Nelle just terrible enough that they aren't completely unjustified in their treatment of her.

I don't know about that. Nelle is FV's "discovery". He wants to make her work.

• Love 1

I agree, but that doesn't mean Nelle will be entirely blameless. FV was willing to have her fake-drug Sonny, which is pretty reprehensible, especially because Sonny was drunk enough to begin with that it was unnecessary.

ETA: I think whatever the sekrit is will be bad enough that Carly can wave it in Michael's face that Nelle is terrible and unsuitable, but not bad enough that it would be idiotic for him to continue to see her. Whatever it is will be about creating conflict between Carly and Michael.

Edited by dubbel zout
On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 7:47 AM, tveyeonyou said:

I think Nathan is a bad/good influence on Maxie, he's kinda made her bland and boring. I know real life stuff has prevented KS from getting a juicy storyline, well real life and the lack of writing ability on the show, but Nathan is Riley to me (Buffy The Vampire Slayer's worst boyfriend ever).

I can't help but wish we had Original Lulu back, when I think of Maxie and Lulu at each other's throats I picture JMB, it took my mind a few minutes to put ER's face in a Maxie/Lulu at odds storyline.

Well yeah, me too. JMB has a natural "I'm better than you" smirkface.

But where I couldn't before see ER as snotty OG grown up Lulu, now I can. I think it could work either way.

• Love 2
On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 5:32 PM, Fellaway said:

SB's return is the straw that broke the camel's back for me

JE leaving(even though it was her choice) was the straw for me. Not a single other actor or character I care enough about to bother tuning in. Not. ONE.

And I say that as one who loves the Qs. Without Tracy however, they are just kind of there. And I do think all this distancing with BM's Jason from them, has been because there will be little to no interaction with SBu and them. I cannot imagine him voluntarily wanting to do that. Although IMO he should just be told to do whatever the writers write, and sit down and shut up. He won't be, though. I feel for ya'll still watching this mess on a daily basis. I thank GOD I work during the day, but even if I were at home...NOPE. I wouldn't bother. Watching live would be unbearable. Too much mob and mob butt kissers for me. It'd be different I guess, if any of those people(Sam, Jason, Carly, Sonny, Julian, Ava, etc) were decent human beings, or if they were painted as complex, or even remotely interesting. Give me an interesting bad guy, and his badness is secondary to me as long as the actor and character are compelling.

That's not the case with any of them, though.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Wait, I thought the rumor was that the newly hired brunette was Oscar's mom.

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Yes, the new lady, not Nelle.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Okay, that makes more sense than Nelle being Oscar's mom. Though I have no doubt Nelle has some sort of sekrit that will bore us beyond belief.

Whew! Thanks for clearing that up. Since I didn't watch at all last week I was confused because I heard something about Nelle having a conversation with Joss referring to something when she (Nelle) was 14 years old and perhaps she had gotten pregnant and gave her baby up for adoption. When I saw something about Dante possibly being Oscar's father I figured they handwaved a bunch of stuff to complicate Nelle and Michael's steaming hot love affair by having Nelle sleeping with Michael's brother and sleeping/not sleeping with Sonny. I admit my mind always goes to whatever would make Carly's head explode.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Whatever it is will be about creating conflict between Carly and Michael.

Until once again Carly comes out smelling like roses.  Other characters may get treated sympathetically now and then but Sonny/Jason/Carly always end up on top.  I'm still disgusted that Sonny and Carly left Ava to burn in the fire but she's the one treated like the bad guy while I'm expected to feel sorry for Scummy.

It's way past time Michael cut the apron strings. And the mob adoration.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Until once again Carly comes out smelling like roses.  Other characters may get treated sympathetically now and then but Sonny/Jason/Carly always end up on top.  I'm still disgusted that Sonny and Carly left Ava to burn in the fire but she's the one treated like the bad guy while I'm expected to feel sorry for Scummy.

It's way past time Michael cut the apron strings. And the mob adoration.

Micheal went to prison and was raped because he's the golden child of Sonny/Carly/ Jason.   He got close to his bio dad to literally hear him murder the guy for no reason.  Micheal is a lost cause.  Unless he reveals that he's some genius mastermind who's been sucking up to the Mob to take over all of Sonny/ Carly 's stuff and steal Jason's blood money as an undead AJ heals at an Undisclosed Location..... 

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, ulkis said:

If there's a bad reaction maybe they can get rid of Oscar. Emmy bait for all!

Sonny:  [stammers and glances at cue card off camera] I... I... I... never got to know my grandson!  And my grandson never got to meet his aunt who is a toddler!

Dante:  [teary-eyed]  And I never even got the chance to shoot him!

• Love 14

That's the annoying thing about it - it will be more about Sonny. They probably just want Oscar to be related to Sonny so they can go on about Carly's daughter and Sonny's grandson dating. They probably just didn't make Oscar Sonny's son because they knew MB or the audience or both would cry shenanigans at Sonny having another kid.

• Love 4

Well, I'm not sure which is the better s/l, making Oscar Dante's son, or the one I was starting to worry about -- that he could be Parker's son, which would certainly increase her screen time. Six of one, half dozen of another, I suppose.

• Love 1

Oscar's mom is somewhat irrelevant (TFGH), as it's his father who's supposed to be connected to a "well-loved Port Charles family," I think. Which I can't believe I didn't immediately think Corinthos, because what other well-loved Port Charles family is there? I'm so naive sometimes.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, TheMediaHo said:

Well, I'm not sure which is the better s/l, making Oscar Dante's son, or the one I was starting to worry about -- that he could be Parker's son, which would certainly increase her screen time. Six of one, half dozen of another, I suppose.

Maybe he's Parker's wife's son, and the wife was Dante's ex-girlfriend, because this show loves making things as ridiculous and convoluted as possible. Doctor-priest Griffin, or conwoman with an ex-husband who was pretending to be married to Jason Rachel-Hayden, anyone?

• Love 7

It really amazes me how Passanante said she liked new characters because she doesn't have to remember the history, and then proceeded to make all the new people have ridiculous backgrounds.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

If only Olivia still had psychic powers,  this could have been avoided.

But on the plus side,  Sonny will be grandpa to a teen.  Looks like he's not the goregous sexy hunk God anymore.  No more female characters have to go through stutterbark sex 

I admire your optimism, Chairperson Meow. If anything, I would expect the show to double down on Sonny's virility just to prove Grandpa Corinthos is still a stud. He'll probably bang Oscar's mom. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Melgaypet said:

I admire your optimism, Chairperson Meow. If anything, I would expect the show to double down on Sonny's virility just to prove Grandpa Corinthos is still a stud. He'll probably bang Oscar's mom. 

I keep wondering who Mo has dirt on because any other soap would have filed him under "Ew The Olds " and pushed him in the background.   

• Love 4
5 hours ago, ulkis said:

Maybe he's Parker's wife's son, and the wife was Dante's ex-girlfriend, because this show loves making things as ridiculous and convoluted as possible. Doctor-priest Griffin, or conwoman with an ex-husband who was pretending to be married to Jason Rachel-Hayden, anyone?

We just had  Griffin bemoaning that Charlotte wasn't really his daughter.....

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

I keep wondering who Mo has dirt on because any other soap would have filed him under "Ew The Olds " and pushed him in the background.   

Have you watched Y&R?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Melgaypet said:

And his sister (if he has one).

• Love 3