Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

Well, the bone marrow registry exists for just that reason. 

Plus, hooking up with a rando in the back of a car is completely OOC for Alexis, and it would have been wildly OOC for Alexis at 16, at least according to everything we've ever heard about the character. But, it's not an entirely uncommon reaction to sexual assualt.

So, once Julian was a bone marrow match, Alexis could just decide that that meant Julian was Sam's father, not Stavros, and her earlier unwillingness to even talk about Sam's father makes more sense

• Love 5

Acceptable excuse for the retcon. I'll take it! Hell, if the incest width is too much for network tv, then just have it come out that one of Stavros' fellow psycho pals raped a teen Natasha. Which might also be a reason why Natasha became Alexis.

On Tuesday, May 09, 2017 at 0:49 PM, ulkis said:

Nevermind, apparently she is.

RL963.jpg

I'd take even this clown if he wasn't a Sonny apologist and came on to be pretty in clothes.  Romance Carly.  Leave Rebecca Budig alone.

This is how low my life is now.

• Love 3
On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 9:32 AM, peachmangosteen said:

Hey now, she has chem with Michael!

Does she? I've never seen it, but then I typically hit FFwd as soon as I see her face. When I was watching. It's great to be FREE. Even if I will miss Emmy!Winner! Lexi Ainsworth. Yeah, no.

I don't even know why they have soaps included in the Emmys anymore. There is literally a scrambling to come up with enough nominations per category to even give the (false) pretense of any true competition. Some of the noms were HILARIOUS. Some of the actual wins were COMEDY GOLD.

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

She does to me. But chemistry is subjective. I mean some people see it between Liz and Franco, for pete's sake!

True, chemistry is subjective. I'm just trying to recall the last scene CD and LA even had together. 

And what's this I read about the Martina lady maybe being Sabrina's twin? Why? No really. WHY?

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 2
(edited)
12 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

I'm just trying to recall the last scene CD and LA even had together. 

The last one I remember was when she was rubbing his back in a very non-siblings kind of way lol.

Yea, Martina is far too old to be Sabrina's twin. I feel like she's pushing 40 and Sabrina was like, what, mid to late 20's maybe. I guess she could be her sister, but that would be very dumb. So honestly she probably is her sister. These writers have never met a dumb idea they didn't love.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

True, chemistry is subjective. I'm just trying to recall the last scene CD and LA even had together. 

And what's this I read about the Martina lady maybe being Sabrina's twin? Why? No really. WHY?

If she sings, I'm done with this show forever.  Paul Hornsby killed that damn song when he killed Sabrina.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

That wasn't a spoiler it was some cap post on some soap blog

(edited)
8 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I highly doubt it. She's too old.

She looks about the same age, to me. Maybe Sabrina's older sister? But no. Please.

6 hours ago, In2You said:

That wasn't a spoiler it was some cap post on some soap blog

Thank you, God. May it be rumor only.

6 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

If she sings, I'm done with this show forever.  Paul Hornsby killed that damn song when he killed Sabrina.

Paul did a public service ! Who woulda thunk it?

7 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

The last one I remember was when she was rubbing his back in a very non-siblings kind of way lol.

Eye bleach, please. Ewwww.

Edited because I looked up their ages, and the actress playing Marina is only about 3 years older than Teca. So, close enough they could be twins. And they do look alike. I think it's just someone doing a spec because the show is so boring. But them being twins would be no more ridiculous than Rebecca Budig being Liz's YOUNGER sister.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

Edited because I looked up their ages, and the actress playing Marina is only about 3 years older than Teca. So, close enough they could be twins.

The characters seem to have more than three years between them. Martina is supposed to be an established lawyer, and Sabrina is a newbie nurse. Not that logic has ever stopped this show.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The characters seem to have more than three years between them. Martina is supposed to be an established lawyer, and Sabrina is a newbie nurse. Not that logic has ever stopped this show.

I think its likely true it's all a rumor and they are not relating them. But Teca was on the show four years, correct? Sabrina was no longer a newbie nurse by the time she left, and that has little to do with age, anyway, since many nurses start school later in life.  Before I looked up her age, I thought Teca was mid thirties(she's 33), and she looks every bit of it IMO. In fact, at first I thought she was closer to forty, because I remember reading people talking about the "huge" age difference between her and JVP, and I never thought there was more than about five years between them(there's 12). At any rate, I doubt even these writers would bother connecting Marina to Sabrina(the name play is probably what started the rumors). Then again, Jelly is the one who brought on Griffin AFTER Duke's death, to give the character a "connection" to the canvas.  The dumbness is now oozing out of the cracks, I'm afraid.

• Love 2

# GH - Amy wrestles past demons. {June 2}

What I first envisioned after reading this was Amy literally wrestling her way past somebody/something that was trying to impede her. 

I think I would prefer that to whatever high school issues she apparently has over what appears to be most of the grads still living in Port Chuck.

• Love 5

no more ridiculous than Rebecca Budig being Liz's YOUNGER sister

Wait, what?!?11?? 

I thought she was supposed to be around Nik's age. Rebecca Budig character is supposed to be Sarah and Liz's baby sister?

2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

If the show wants to do a story about high school dramz, hey, why not SORAS CAMERON and put him and Joss at Port Charles High.

Why, why, that's just crazy enough to work!

Jeez, it's such an obvious thing to do. Since when don't Jelly like easy and obvious? Although it would be just like this show to finally SORAS Cadfael and turn him into some kind of Jack Manning-style bully who kills Kiki or something. Giving the viewers what we want always feels like a punishment, in the end. Once upon a time I wanted Jake resurrected and for Liz to have a frontburner romance.

• Love 4
On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 0:24 PM, IWantCandy71 said:

But them being twins would be no more ridiculous than Rebecca Budig being Liz's YOUNGER sister.

Wait, what?  Did they actually establish that on-screen?  I don't recall them giving any sort of timeline for Rebecca Budig's birth, though I've always assumed she's supposed to be between Sarah and Liz.

47 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Although it would be just like this show to finally SORAS Cadfael and turn him into some kind of Jack Manning-style bully who kills Kiki or something.

If Caspian is going to be SORASed and kill anyone, Franco needs to first through fifth on the list.

I don't remember if they ever said where Rebecca Budig fits in the Webber sister birth order, either, but the show doesn't seem to remember they're sisters, so we're even.

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

If Caspian is going to be SORASed and kill anyone, Franco needs to first through fifth on the list.

Absolutely. I was going with my Jack Manning comparison and chose a Gigi analogue to die, which will prove his awfulness. Although they're not really that similar, I suppose, besides stupid names and being a "beloved" young heroine or whatever and I should probably just stop this comparison now.

I'm all for Chrysanthos killing Franco. Maybe that can be a fun bonding experience for him and Joss! She hated him too.

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

I thought she was supposed to be around Nik's age. Rebecca Budig character is supposed to be Sarah and Liz's baby sister?

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Wait, what?  Did they actually establish that on-screen?  I don't recall them giving any sort of timeline for Rebecca Budig's birth, though I've always assumed she's supposed to be between Sarah and Liz.

I thought when the whole thing was revealed, Naomi had a line that Jeff and Liz's mom were already married when Jeff had his affair-and thought I remembered a reference to Liz already being born when Naomi found out she was pregnant. But it might not have ever been clarified onscreen. As said above, the show may not remember they are sisters. Or they remember, and just aren't interested in investing in and developing that relationship. Which is strange, considering they are the ones that thunk it up.

Edited by IWantCandy71
4 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

Although it would be just like this show to finally SORAS Cadfael and turn him into some kind of Jack Manning-style bully who kills Kiki or something. Giving the viewers what we want always feels like a punishment, in the end. 

I fully expect that if they ever finally SORAS Carlito that he will love Franco and say things like, "He was more of a father to me than Lucky!" and whatnot.

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm good with anyone taking Franco out as long as Liz, Sam and Jason get bullets between their eyes, too. None of them are interesting and all four of them are raving hypocrites. First on my list is scrunchy faced, insipid bore Kristina,  then her screechy, pointless bore of a mother. Valentin can take all the "Davis girls" out, matter of fact. I won't even rag on him if he cries while doing it. I would watch that episode for the PnL factor.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 2

So Ava almost sets Sonny and Carly on fire (can we count that as the longed-for strike of lightning to hit them?) and yet she's sticking around? Okay.

Ava setting the place on fire and yelling 'no more!' is what I've been saying about Sonny and Carly for years.  

*Waits for tragic follow-up story where Carly gets a first-degree, 1 inch wide burn on her ankle which necessitates air-lifting her to whatever the adult equivalent of Shriners Hospital for Children is.  Will she survive?  Dun-dun-DUN!!!!*

• Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

So Ava almost sets Sonny and Carly on fire (can we count that as the longed-for strike of lightning to hit them?) and yet she's sticking around? Okay.

I'm confused, we're supposed to be rooting for Sonny and Carly to NOT fry up like chicken?

And you know this will make them put aside their lackluster "War of the Roses" and get back together.  Blech.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL at ER's dress. It's so OTT in every way. And I see we get a Valerie appearance. Brytni Sarpi's quarterly minimum must have come up.

She's not on contract anymore.

20 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And you know this will make them put aside their lackluster "War of the Roses" and get back together.  Blech.

Mmm, I'm not so sure about that.

Edited by ulkis
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

What makes you say that?

Oh, I just don't think they'll be put together that quickly. Other couples might be slapped back together  . . . I think it will take them a little longer.

5 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

they'll  probably play this one out for awhile, I don't think they have another story for Sonny

Well, not one that MB wouldn't throw a hissyfit about.

• Love 5
(edited)

Say what you will about Ron Carlivati, he seemed to have no use for Sonny, nor did he seem to care MB had basically nothing to do for long stretches at a time.  OR Jason for that matter, which I love. He saw Jason for the sociopathic murderer that he is. I had the biggest grin on my face when my hero Faison shot Jason and pushed his useless, bloated carcass into the water. He wrote Michael rejecting Sonny. And wasn't Sonny at his most useless under RC?  Jelly are almost as bad as Guza with the mob butt kissing.

Unfortunately, it was also RC's writing that tried to whitewash Franco, wasn't it? So it's six of one, half a dozen of the other. I'm okay with characters like these three being a part of soaps. I'm not okay with them EVER being painted as romantic heroes. Or even anti heroes.  It's more than a little repulsive.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 9

Oh, I know it wasn't a moral stand. That was my point-how ironic it was that RC seemed to hate Sonny and Jason, but seemed to like Franco. He could have been just one of those who knew that for decades, Sonny and Jason were always right, and could have known that Franco was just as vile. But he also could have figured-why not flip the script and have someone just as vile as them, be written sympathetically, while Sonny and Jason are kind of dismissed? Seriously, why not? AJ was vilified for years in favor of propping Sason. And AJ was never as bad as any of them. Yet, he was treated on screen as if he were. So, why not do the opposite? Why not have someone who IS as bad as them, be painted in a sympathetic light, while Sonny and Jason are not?

I can't see inside the mind of RC-and I wouldn't want to. But I like to think he's no idiot-he had to KNOW Franco is/was vile, and he had to know people would hate it. But I think RC was also sick of seeing the two of them written as always winning, and I don't think he cared if the person who beat them was just as bad, or worse. I don't think it's necessarily some great LOVE for Franco that RC had. Frank maybe did-but RC? I don't know about that.

Doesn't really matter now, though. Jelly are back in full force with the "Rainbow Glitter flies out of Sonny and Jason's butts" trope.

34 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

It wasn't a moral stand, it was just a preference for own monster. 

• Love 4
(edited)
17 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

That was my point-how ironic it was that RC seemed to hate Sonny and Jason, but seemed to like Franco.

I think, really, that Ron liked Todd and thought he could retroengineer Franco into something as close to Todd as he could get.

I will say, though, one great moment of Ron's run - and possibly the greatest John McBain moment ever - was when Sam and Lulu got kidnapped by...somebody...and Dante told John they should call Jason and John was all, "We should call a mob hitman into our police investigation...why?".

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 13
(edited)

I don't think RC or FV loved Franco. I think they love RoHo and wanted to write Todd, looked at Franco and decided he was close enough.

That was dumb, and it's part of what was wrong with the way RC wrote Todd on OLTL

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 9
14 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I don't think RC or FV loved Franco. I think they love RoHo and wanted to write Todd, looked at Franco and decided he was close enough. That was dumb and it's part of what was wrong with the way RC wrote Todd on OLTL

Yeah.  I think they loved/love Roger.  Roger loves the paycheck and perks.  I don't blame him, but I'd like to see alleged diva Roger who refused certain stories.  That Roger wouldn't have played Franco.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

It wasn't a moral stand, it was just a preference for own monster. 

And Sonny still got a ton of stuff to do. It was just in MB's mind he wasn't getting enough to do.

• Love 4