Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

You know, I thought I was gonna feel like this but he barely showed up for JE either. I'm sure if they had their druthers Luke would have come back for more than an episode.

But seriously, Amsterdam? Is they supposed to be showing Tracy and Luke or JE and Tony Geary?

I don't care if he's mute in the scene, he showed up for it to give THEM an ending together. 

How dare they use the spot Samtrick wanted to fuck while investigating a baby's death.

• Love 5

Lulu makes progress with Charlotte #GH

Nice, but are they literally recycling spoilers now? This is what they said weeks ago with the first supervised visit.

And it doesn't go with "dramatic events threatening to take Charlotte away from her for good. Unless they are tying this chimera business with Jake and Anna/Alex and Valentin into Charlotte somehow.

(edited)
6 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

The chick Sonny hooks up with this week is named Martina...and she's Carly's fuckin' divorce lawyer.  After they realize who the other is, Sonny and Martina decide to kept the tryst to themselves.  So Sonny's a hypocrite and Martina's ethics as a lawyer are shaky from the get.  Got it. #ugh

Motherfucker. 

Ned changes his last name to Quartermaine.

LMAO. Alrighty then. Nice try trying to make it look like there's actually Qs left/you care about the Qs there, Jelly.

5 hours ago, Vera said:

Valentin hesitates when Nina asks him if he wants to sleep with Anna. Nina leaves him #GH

Valentin tells Anna the DVX weren't the only ones interested in the Chimera Project #GH

Nina drowns her sorrows at the MC and makes a surprising discovery #GH

I hate myself, but I'm interested in this. Unless JPS cries. 

1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

Every day, this show reinforces my awesome decision to quit subjecting myself to this shit. To those that still can take it, I admire you and am in awe.

Don't admire us, send help! Please!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3
(edited)
44 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Unless JPS cries. 

I was legit surprised he didn't get teary today. Though maybe off camera he sobbed on the launch back to Spoon Island.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Nice try trying to make it look like there's actually Qs left/you care about the Qs there, Jelly.

Jelly: You asked for it, and you got it: a new Quartermaine!

Me: ...Ned was always a Quartermaine, he's Tracy's son!

Jelly: But when Olivia marries him and Ned adopts Lorenzo Alcazar's reincarnated soul, they'll be Quartermaines too!

Me: ...I mean, sure, but that's not really investing in new Q's.

Jelly: ...quiet or we'll make Samira one after all!

Me: (makes lip zipping motion)

• Love 12
12 hours ago, ulkis said:

Amy tells Nathan how badly Maxie treated her in HS. Amy pockets a pic of #Naxie and later rips Maxie out of it #GH

Somebody hold me.

So is Nathan supposed to be mad at Maxie who pushed drugs on an addict, pretended to be pregnant with a pillow, lied about being pregnant with her best friends baby and numerous other things for being mean in high school? Crazy Amy taking on Mean Girl Maxie; that will be...something. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

- Ned changes his last name to Quartermaine.  I mean...sure, not really necessary, but whatever.

I'm kind of happy about that.  With Tracy gone. Michael a Corinthos and Jason calling himself Morgan, the only Quartermaine left is Monica and she's only a Quartermaine by marriage.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Bwill3133 said:

So is Nathan supposed to be mad at Maxie who pushed drugs on an addict, pretended to be pregnant with a pillow, lied about being pregnant with her best friends baby and numerous other things for being mean in high school?

Nathan already knows about most of this stuff, and given that a lot of it happened more than a decade ago, exactly what is he supposed to do? The stupid burns so hard.

• Love 1

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Nathan paired with Amy.

1. He'd probably be the straight man to her OTT scheming mean nurse - which is a thing I think he could actually play

2. It would probably reduce his screen-time and would mean fewer requests for him to emote

3. It frees up Maxie to make Michael interesting

• Love 3
On 5/2/2017 at 10:15 AM, ulkis said:

Amy tells Nathan how badly Maxie treated her in HS. Amy pockets a pic of #Naxie and later rips Maxie out of it #GH

Somebody hold me.

22 hours ago, Bwill3133 said:

So is Nathan supposed to be mad at Maxie who pushed drugs on an addict, pretended to be pregnant with a pillow, lied about being pregnant with her best friends baby and numerous other things for being mean in high school? Crazy Amy taking on Mean Girl Maxie; that will be...something. 

On 5/2/2017 at 10:02 AM, peachmangosteen said:

Ah, you might be right about him hosting the red carpet. I bet that is it. Poor Donny Sheldon (or whatever the hell Felix's boyfriend's name is)! Although maybe he's co-hosting lol.

I know history has never been FV/Jelly's strong suit, and that is putting it kindly, but I am guessing that it will be forgotten that Maxie had an absolute shit time in high school from Felecia all but abandoning her (fuck you Guza/JFP), her very first time was broadcast over the internet by the asshole she lost her virginity to and the  weird ass love triangle with Georgie and her cousin Lucas, who blessedly turned out to be gay. The whole reason she was so gung ho with Zander giving her a private prom in her room because no asked her to the school dance. 

Anyways, my point, even though Maxie is attractive, doesn't mean she was popular in high school and she wasn't that popular in high school. She might have been a teen bitch, but she was a teen bitch without any power, and even though Robyn Richards' was playing her at the time and therefore, Guza/JFP didn't give a shit about writing for her, she had a enough crap going on in her own life to play terrorize a girl and if she was her normally rude self, she was a damn kid. 

• Love 8
13 hours ago, ulkis said:

I bet Amy is lying anyway, so it's probably moot.

It's so galactically stupid either way. It happened more than ten years ago. I totally get how high school scars you, but to actively try to get revenge this much later is so dumb, not to mention incredibly boring to watch.

• Love 3

Meanwhile, she was perfectly happy to do a number with Mean Girl Maxie at the Nurses' Ball last year.  Though I guess she was following the example of Lulu and Valerie, who we were to believe got together to practice that same number after one of them slept with the other's husband.

...no, I'm not letting that go.

• Love 9
(edited)

Sabotaging an act at the Nurses Ball would be a reasonable revenge, IMO. I know Lucy tries to convince us the thing is sacred, but it's always been a giant cheese-fest. I don't know why more shenanigans don't happen during it (aside from Lucy always ending up in her underwear).

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, ulkis said:

That didn't mean she didn't have a spare moment to make fun of Amy.

I bet Amy is lying anyway, so it's probably moot.

And I bet some people (maybe Amy included) called her a slut, since her first time was broadcast. I think that a good percentage of people were jerks in high school and grew out of it. If the story of Maxie goes beyond her making the occasionally rude comment and it is confirmed true by Maxie, then I am calling shenanigans.

5 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

And I bet some people (maybe Amy included) called her a slut, since her first time was broadcast. I think that a good percentage of people were jerks in high school and grew out of it. If the story of Maxie goes beyond her making the occasionally rude comment and it is confirmed true by Maxie, then I am calling shenanigans.

I am fairly certain the are about to try and justify why Nathan will probably have an affair. So they are laying out the groundwork with the 'Look how horrible Maxie is!'. 

2 minutes ago, Vera said:

I am fairly certain the are about to try and justify why Nathan will probably have an affair. So they are laying out the groundwork with the 'Look how horrible Maxie is!'. 

As others have mentioned, Maxie has done far horrible things since high school that are known.

• Love 3
(edited)

Aside from dim nice guy who can't read relationship signals - does Nathan have a character/personality that's so developed that we can rule out cheating? He apparently missed the fact that his green card wife was in love with someone else, and when he found out, he tried to murder the guy. 

And the writers and RP got through that whole (stupid) story of unrequited love, betrayal and attempted murder without managing to add any layers to Det. Plywood. I have no idea whether he's cheat or not because he's still a blank slate. For me, that's just one more reason he does not need to be the love interest of a legacy character. 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

Nathan knows most of them, so they shouldn't be what drives him to have an affair. As it is, he doesn't strike me as the affair type to begin with.

Exactly! Which is why this probable affair somehow has to be Maxie's fault! 

'Look at Maxie! She's left Nathan all alone in PC! She may not want to come back to PC! Also, see how mean she was to Amy in High School! The conniving skank!'

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

does Nathan have a character/personality that's so developed that we can rule out cheating?

He definitely hasn't been developed much, but we have seen that he's a decent guy with a decent sense of morality. The Claudette backstory was totally idiotic, but it did show he hates cheating. I guess? Who knows who anyone is and why they do what they do.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Aside from dim nice guy who can't read relationship signals - does Nathan have a character/personality that's so developed that we can rule out cheating?

I can't picture him cheating, but that's because I can't picture him working up the requisite passion.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 5/3/2017 at 0:33 PM, Vera said:

Can we have Matt back? This show could use more doctors and decent men! 

Days got Jason Cook (Matt) back briefly for its 50th anniversary and killing off of Bo Brady, but while the character's role was continuing, Cook wouldn't stay, so they re-cast the role with Brandon Beemer. Would you want to see Matt back with another actor in the role? I'm asking, because I suspect Cook is done with soaps, but came back to DooL a year and a half ago, to send off Peter Reckel. 

On 5/4/2017 at 0:57 PM, dubbel zout said:

Sabotaging an act at the Nurses Ball would be a reasonable revenge, IMO. I know Lucy tries to convince us the thing is sacred, but it's always been a giant cheese-fest. I don't know why more shenanigans don't happen during it (aside from Lucy always ending up in her underwear).

Am I blocking it out, or did Lucy not end up being exposed in her skivvies, in last year's Nurses' Ball? I maybe made up a story in my head, but I can't remember it happening and I sort of have the semblance of a memory of, "I'm glad they ended that 'tradition'." If she was once again exposed, what was the storyline? The last Lucy-in-Undies story I remember is the outing of her affair with Scottie. 

On 5/4/2017 at 2:58 PM, dubbel zout said:

He definitely hasn't been developed much, but we have seen that he's a decent guy with a decent sense of morality. The Claudette backstory was totally idiotic, but it did show he hates cheating. I guess? Who knows who anyone is and why they do what they do.

I don't think the show has used either Nathan or Griffin well (ditto Andre and Curtis). Here are four gorgeous men and no one has bothered to write much for them.

Edited by General Days
Because "of" is not "off."
  • Love 6

I'd take a Matt recast, with the obvious caveat that FV can't be involved in the casting. I liked the character, his potential and his family. I think he and Liz had good chemistry but nothing so exceptional that they couldn't cast for better

• Love 4

Matt would be another character with no ties to the canvas and no particular reason for being there. Especially considering there are actors playing doctors who are never seen, or who are seen but have no real story.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, ulkis said:

Liz finds a confidant in Kiki while Sam worries for Jason

My bigger problem is the first part.  Liz, find a confidant who a) is your peer and b) would be objective about Franco.

These spoilers are so boring.  Valentin and Nina's marriage is the week's A-story?  WHO CARES!

• Love 5
13 hours ago, General Days said:

did Lucy not end up being exposed in her skivvies, in last year's Nurses' Ball?

She did not, and like you, I'm glad that ended. Though I suspect it's because Lynn Herring is now "too old," even though she looks as fantastic as ever. 

Look for Jason to come to an important realization.

This sets up too many jokes to write out.

Don’t look for it to go well for Sonny as things heat up.

Oh, please. We all know Sonny will get the better of Carly in the divorce in the end. He never loses, even to Carly.

2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Liz, find a confidant who a) is your peer and b) would be objective about Franco.

The sad thing is, I can't think who that could be. Liz has no friends left in PC.

• Love 2

More spoilers:

Franco returns. {May 15} (Why couldn't he stay gone?!)

Elizabeth is hopeful. {May 16} 

Jason has a heart-To-heart with Jake. {May 15} 

Valentin rises to the challenge {May 15} (Hopefully without crying)

Nina confides in Andre. {May 17} (Chem test?)

Lulu catches a break with Charlotte. {May 16} 

Anna gains an ally. {May 16} 

Anna turns the tables. {May 17}

Bobbie wants what's best for Carly. {May 17} (She's going to wax poetic about Carly and Sonny, isn't she?)

Jake's hobby sounds promising. {May 16} 

Lulu is surrounded by family. {May 18}

Robin senses something is amiss. {May 18} (With Anna probably)

Nathan comes to Anna's rescue. {May 19} (To save her from an interrogation from Robin?)

Hayden lays a trap. {May 18}

Finn slings accusations. Hayden doesn't know what to believe. {May 19}

*sigh*

That promo is truly hilarious.

19 hours ago, General Days said:

I don't think the show has used either Nathan or Griffin well (ditto Andre and Curtis). Here are four gorgeous men and no one has bothered to write much for them.

They're all essentially good men who aren't in any way connected to the mob, so TPTB have absolutely no use for them.

4 hours ago, Vera said:

Nina confides in Andre. {May 17} (Chem test?)

This sounds just awful enough to entertain me.

• Love 3

I think tptb DEFINITELY have a use for Griffin. If the story hadn't changed he and Maxie would probably be together right now. Since then they've been sweating bullets to make the guy relevant on the show, they just can't think of who to hook him up with.

With JE gone, Dillon will probably be less prioritized and I can picture a Kiki/Dillon chemistry test.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Vera said:

Lulu catches a break with Charlotte. {May 16} 

Jesus, even the way the official spoilers are written are anti-Lulu. She wouldn't be in a position to need to "catch a break" with her own daughter if she was written with any indication that anyone but Laura cared about her legitimate feelings in this custody situation and what Valentin's actions did to her AND to Charlotte.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

She did not, and like you, I'm glad that ended. Though I suspect it's because Lynn Herring is now "too old," even though she looks as fantastic as ever. 

Oh, please. We all know Sonny will get the better of Carly in the divorce in the end. He never loses, even to Carly.

The sad thing is, I can't think who that could be. Liz has no friends left in PC.

1. Herring has about a decade or so on me, and I would be proud to be built like that brick house.

2. I hate Sonny so much, I might have to go to confession. It's okay, I'm already on my way there, thanks to political things. 

3. Yeah, isn't Sam Liz's only real age peer? I guess Lulu and Maxie (should she return) are near enough, but considering the subject is Franco, it's no less fraught with them than it is with Sam. 

• Love 4

Shhhhhh. The writers have probably already forgotten that HayChel is a Webber.

I'd rather at least hear Liz call Sarah Webber giving her an update on life and ask her opinion on Jake and Franco. Or hell, beg her to come and help out.

• Love 1

It is crazy to me that they've done next-to-nothing with Liz and Rebecca Budig being sisters.  It makes it clear it was only ever about getting viewers on board with Rebecca Budig ("Now she's a Webber, the viewers will have to love her!"), which is so lazy and lame.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, jsbt said:

Franco's head bounce

It reminded me of when Carly met Rock.

9 hours ago, stlbf said:

The writers have probably already forgotten that HayChel is a Webber.

I certainly did. Another example of giving a character a family tie and then completely ignoring it. 

• Love 3