Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't mean if they (these particular board members) are able to find a new space. I'm wondering if they don't want GH to exist altogether. Otherwise, why move? Why not repaint the walls and/or redesign the interior? Yes, there was a serial killer loose, but it wasn't a hospital employee, and it's not as if scads of people were killed.

On a more RL level, wasn't the hospital set redone not too long ago? Like, within the past five years? I remember a big unveiling.

Don't worry. Franco will save them ALL. And do a cartwheel, simultaneously.

As far as the redone set, not sure when it was, for some reason it feels like more than five years ago, but they did have a new look.

• Love 3

Oh, I'm sure the hospital set is probably the most costly, now that the Qs have like, ONE room they eat, meet and greet in. 

I don't really understand the point of this story, TBH.  I do think not showing the set for a while is about $$$$. Isn't this the end of their fiscal year?

Wasn't it redone in 2009?

That seems right.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Wasn't it redone in 2009?

Yes, after toxic balls.

How does the set cost money to up keep? Does it do anything more than gather dust when they're not using it?

I know. I don't understand any of this. I thought the GH set was the only permanent set the show had—i.e., it was always in the studio—so maybe that's the deal here? Frank wants it to be moveable? It's not as if the show focuses on the hospital anymore, so maybe he feels it's taking up space for something else. (The coffee kiosk, or Franco's place. You know, where the important stuff happens.)

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Yes, after toxic balls.

How does the set cost money to up keep? Does it do anything more than gather dust when they're not using it?

I'm pretty sure I read something around the time AMC was relocating that said the crew has to rebuild sets when the're going to be used in an episode and then take them down afterwards. Or something like that. Maybe that only applies to shows being filmed in NYC.

Are we so sure he's replacing the hospital yet?

1 minute ago, LeftPhalange said:

I'm pretty sure I read something around the time AMC was relocating that said the crew has to rebuild sets when the're going to be used in an episode and then take them down afterwards. Or something like that. Maybe that only applies to shows being filmed in NYC.

I believe the hospital set is always up. 

But that's not what I meant - dubbel zout said the hospital set costs too much to keep up and I was wondering (genuinely, not sarcasm) why it would cost money if it's just sitting there, besides paying someone to wash it when it gets dusty. I know it costs money to put up the other sets and take them down, thus why they do the block taping.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

I'm pretty sure I read something around the time AMC was relocating that said the crew has to rebuild sets when the're going to be used in an episode and then take them down afterwards.

That sounds right. It's one of the reasons for block taping: so they aren't constantly putting up and taking down the same sets. 

ETA: By "costing too much" I mean that it's taking up space that could be used for another set. Instead of being able to have two moveable sets ready, there can be only one because the GH set is permanent. 

Frank is such a penny-pincher, I'm sure he's figured all of this out.

I guess we won't know if the hospital set has been replaced until it's been replaced.

Edited by dubbel zout

I agree with some others in that I think you have to take down and put back up sets, and that takes time and money. With something like the MetroCourt set, I can see how all they have to do is rearrange things and change a few colors to make it look like something else-which you can't really do with the hospital set. I don't know details of how it all works, it's just something I've always heard. But man. If it's about dollars, GH is truly in trouble if  they have to just not show the set at all to save money. The GH set should be the ONE set they always feature. What's next? Everyone's homes are blown up and they have to set up tents outside?

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 2

Is it cheaper to put someone on contract or use a recurring actor on a regular basis? I'm not talking about someone like Sonya Eddy, who's not on much the way it is. But for someone like BW, who has a front-burner story, what's the better financial play (for the show)? Given the pacing of the stories, when we see a flurry of activity and then stuff gets dropped for weeks, I'd think recurring would be the way to go, but it's important to lock down some people, which a contract does. I'm curious how they decide these things. (Jasus knows it's more interesting to me that what's happening onscreen.)

• Love 2
4 hours ago, ulkis said:

https://twitter.com/ghaccount/status/788057028040073216

Franco should always be a mime, cause then at least he'd never talk.

Oh dear Jasus, will someone clink boom me out of my misery?   I can't unsee Roger Howarth dressed as a mime and now he is tarnished forever for me.  Thanks FV.  You have ruined everything for me.  

4 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

I hope someone kills her.

I just want to join Ghost AJ for drinks, where it's okay to hate everyone and you can spill stuff on your shirt and Sonny is a bad guy and you laugh and point.   

• Love 2
5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Another all-Claudette promo.  W.  H.  Y.

It's amazing how stupid these people are.

3 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

I don't want to see her cry anymore. I cry better than she does. I'm crying right now.

I'm rolling!

45 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Is it cheaper to put someone on contract or use a recurring actor on a regular basis? I'm not talking about someone like Sonya Eddy, who's not on much the way it is. But for someone like BW, who has a front-burner story, what's the better financial play (for the show)? Given the pacing of the stories, when we see a flurry of activity and then stuff gets dropped for weeks, I'd think recurring would be the way to go, but it's important to lock down some people, which a contract does. I'm curious how they decide these things. (Jasus knows it's more interesting to me that what's happening onscreen.)

I always wonder about things like this, too. I'm really interested in how production works in general. I'd rather watch a doc or reality show about that than the actual show.

• Love 1

I think it all boils down to several things: how much salary an actor commands, and how often you plan to use them. If you are planning on using an actor a lot, say two to three days a week every week, it's probably cheaper to put them on a contract and pay them a flat rate salary. If an actor for instance, normally commands $5,000 an episode if they don't have a contract, you might be able to offer them a contract and pay them say, $7500 a week, with a two day a week norm. It's cheaper than paying them by the episode, but that gives them a guaranteed average of $30000 a month income. I think most actors would jump at that chance-especially since being recurring, you aren't guaranteed to work that month at all, and if you don't work, you don't get paid. How much you offer absolutely depends on the "star" status of the actor. I have no doubt it costs the studio more to pay Bree Williamson for her appearances, than it does for them to pay Sonya Eddy. But I'd bet Leslie Charleson is more expensive than Bree, etc.  But it's all just a guess on my part based on things I've read over the years that actors have said.

What in the fuckity fuck is that clown nose back for?! Stop it.

And it reminds me of when OGJason told Robin that he would never, ever, ever dress up for Halloween. 

That's for all you conspiracy theorists out there that this isn't really Jason. You're welcome.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

What in the fuckity fuck is that clown nose back for?! Stop it.

And it reminds me of when OGJason told Robin that he would never, ever, ever dress up for Halloween. 

That's for all you conspiracy theorists out there that this isn't really Jason. You're welcome.

Still sticking with the BM is actually playing AJ theory.   I'll stay with it too.  I dgaf.  I've been on the Undead AJ train for years.   Yeah the ages are wrong, but meh.  They're probably passing off a 3 year old embryo as a 10 year old now. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Can Robin PLEASE be the Liz friend who isn't all, "You're dating Franco?  AWESOME!".

I don't want her anywhere near Liz or Franco. She'll just be used to prop them. I'd rather she prop Sonny. I know. That's where I'm at.

• Love 1

Whatever. I want a scene where she tells Jason that she and Patrick are adopting a kid, a scene with Carly about Sonny/Morgan and a scene with Griffin so I can remember why I thought his character might be worthwhile 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Whatever. I want a scene where she tells Jason that she and Patrick are adopting a kid, a scene with Carly, and a scene with Griffin so I can remember why I thought this character might be worthwhile 

Griffin?! That means more Duke and Anna and no. No more. I'd rather she snuggle with Carly. 

What has this show done to me? Dammit, Frank.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I don't even fight it anymore. Been watching too long for that. It is what it is. Rather it be him than Franco.

Honestly I don't mind with Robin. She went through something with him that she did with no one else, and Robin is the type of person who wouldn't let the go. 

It kinda reminds me of how I've seen some fans say, "well how can Laura (and Luke, back before he ran over her son and all) treat Liz so nicely?" and I think for them Liz being there for Lucky when he found out about the rape is something that is always there for them in the back of their minds.

3 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

What has this show done to me? Dammit, Frank.

teeee shirt!

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Honestly I don't mind with Robin. She went through something with him that she did with no one else, and Robin is the type of person who wouldn't let the go. 

It kinda reminds me of how I've seen some fans say, "well how can Laura (and Luke, back before he ran over her son and all) treat Liz so nicely?" and I think for them Liz being there for Lucky when he found out about the rape is something that is always there for them in the back of their minds.

Completely agree. I think some fans also didn't watch back then. Not all, but some. And I can understand some not really getting Sonny/Robin/Jason or Liz/Laura/Luke/Lucky because of that.*

*To further clarify, not saying everyone who did watch live would feel like I do, but if you appreciate those characters, it's also easier to understand why they do certain things.

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Griffin?! That means more Duke and Anna and no. No more. I'd rather she snuggle with Carly

Hee. TBH, I think part of that is my residual frustration with Ethan not being Robin's little brother.

I just think it would have been so frikkin cute because they are polar opposites.   I would have enjoyed that dynamic and Holly wouldn't have been ruined for no f*ing reason

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, HeatLifer said:

Completely agree. I think some fans also didn't watch back then. Not all, but some. And I can understand some not really getting Sonny/Robin/Jason or Liz/Laura/Luke/Lucky because of that.*

*To further clarify, not saying everyone who did watch live would feel like I do, but if you appreciate those characters, it's also easier to understand why they do certain things.

I'm gonna reply in the Scorpio thread.

I'm going to be watching on 10/27 to see my girl yet after reading a couple of threads it's obvious I have no clue who these people are, why these stories are playing out and WTH is going on. Normally I'd watch to catch up an know the lay of the land but I don't care one freaking bit.

I just want to see my girl

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, BestestAuntEver said:

I'm going to be watching on 10/27 to see my girl yet after reading a couple of threads it's obvious I have no clue who these people are, why these stories are playing out and WTH is going on. Normally I'd watch to catch up an know the lay of the land but I don't care one freaking bit.

Those of us that are sadly still watching don't even know what the fuck is going on so you'd be no better off even if you caught up!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

It for sure has to be about Sonny. Dust off that Stone Polaroid, girl.

3 hours ago, ulkis said:

gird your loins up @HeatLifer

Robin returns on 10/27

Robin is returning?  I'm holding fast to my BM is actually playing AJ/Undead AJ theory.  Clearly, Robin is in Cali, which we all know where AJ has been in hiding "allegedly" since his "death".   So, this is totally about that and not to tell us about how awesome Morgan is or to revive Morgan or have a BroSicle?  Right? 

Omg this is GH.  They invented douchebags on ice.  Morgan is chilling in some weird freezer, isn't he?  Pull the plug, Robin.  It's not worth it.  

• Love 2
6 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Can Robin PLEASE be the Liz friend who isn't all, "You're dating Franco?  AWESOME!".

And then can she do something about Anna? Fuck! This freak is a menace. 

2 hours ago, ulkis said:

Ingo is taping . . . it seems like it's for Morgan's memorial. Hopefully they don't have time to throw Jax under the bus.

I wonder if his involvement is Joss getting that kidney will be resolved. Probably not. Jelly probably forgot. 

• Love 2

Billy Miller Jason turning out to be A.J. is something we've bandied about since they recast. If Steve returns (and he will) and they choose to do a Tale of Two Jasons I have always assumed the NuJason would be revealed to be A.J.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, jsbt said:

Billy Miller Jason turning out to be A.J. is something we've bandied about since they recast. If Steve returns (and he will) and they choose to do a Tale of Two Jasons I have always assumed the NuJason would be revealed to be A.J.

I think it's highly unlikely SBu will return. Uncle Frank didn't want him to begin with, that's why he lowballed him. No, FV is way too enamored of Freaco and Dr. Silas McFinn. Plus he ain't finna pay for SBu to fly home to Nashville. And honestly, I don't see SBu agreeing to the "IT WAS A TOOMAH!" narrative. FV has invested way too much into legitimizing RoHo's Freaco, I just can't imagine SBu would be willing to be the 'bad guy' in Uncle Frank's wet dream.

• Love 2

Or they could simply say that Susan Moore did indeed have twins, with BM/SBu being fraternal twins Jason and Jake(which is the real reason he chose the name-it was familiar to him because it was his own).  Never mind the decade or so age difference between the two men. I think the cast needs to be cut in half before they add anyone else, but either way, I have no investment in SBu's return. That whole circle-Sam, Jason, etc-I tend to FFWd them unless someone I care about is in the scene with them. One thing I do know-even though it would be hilarious if BM were playing AJ, just for the look on Sam's face-I don't want BM playing him. AJ is normally one of my favorites, and I don't want that tainted or messed with in any significant way.

9 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:
12 hours ago, ulkis said:

Ingo is taping . . . it seems like it's for Morgan's memorial. Hopefully they don't have time to throw Jax under the bus.

I wonder if his involvement is Joss getting that kidney will be resolved. Probably not. Jelly probably forgot. 

I will not be upset if that's forgotten. It was so dumb to go there in the first place.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Those of us that are sadly still watching don't even know what the fuck is going on so you'd be no better off even if you caught up!

The writers don't even know what the fuck is going on.  

• Love 6