Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

Seriously, who is providing medical care to this town that is run by the mob?  Did Sonny lowkey open up a medical booth/coffee shop on the docks?  Maybe Liz can work there and whine about the money being "dirty" as she goes home to her unshowered gross former serial killer beau.   Poor Cam and Aiden.  Or maybe the doctors will just open offices in the Metro Court because well, everything else is there.  Also, selling off Wyndemere?  Well, sure, why not?   Damn, 2016 took a lot from us.  The hospital, Morgan, a show without Jason, plots, Kelly's, and now the castle.  Gee, I wonder who she'll sell it to? 

But lol at the section on the spoilers about Morgan's death being called "The Sweet Thereafter"  because lol.  

2 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

http://abc.go.com/shows/general-hospital/video/latest-videos/VDKA3450278

This Jason/Carly sneak peek is great. I really like BM in it after all my bitching this week. 

He is really good in that.   When he's allowed to be emotional and act, he's great.   I think he's being told to imitate SBu's Jason- both versions which is weird as hell.   They need to let him interpret the role.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

He is really good in that.   When he's allowed to be emotional and act, he's great.   I think he's being told to imitate SBu's Jason- both versions which is weird as hell.   They need to let him interpret the role.

They just need to give him material and a POV. Sigh.

• Love 6

He was pretty good (and Laura Wright looks legit destroyed, she's going there), but...the way he placed his hands on her shoulders/neck was...weird?

But it is so gross how everyone is telling Carly to just get over Sonny's role in it already.  It hasn't even been a full day yet.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

But it is so gross how everyone is telling Carly to just get over Sonny's role in it already.  It hasn't even been a full day yet.

I don't know why they're rushing all the beats. But it is very much in-character of Jason to believe that what happened wasn't technically Sonny's fault and Carly/Sonny should go through their loss together.

• Love 1

One writer ( I wish) :The hospital closing should put Monica/ Tracy and the Q's in front trying to get it open again. 

Another: Yeah I guess, but what about Rebecca Budig and Michael Easton who've been on this show a little over a year? I'm sure the audience wants them involved. Although; here's an even better idea about who can reopen the hospital, FRANCO!!!

Frank runs in from wherever: Did you say Franco? I thought I heard his name. FRANCO SAVES THE HOSPITAL! I love it!! That's the best story to tell! Do that! RoHo is going to kill it. 

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

He was pretty good (and Laura Wright looks legit destroyed, she's going there), but...the way he placed his hands on her shoulders/neck was...weird?

They too want Sonny and Carly contained for FF purposes.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Bwill3133 said:

One writer ( I wish) :The hospital closing should put Monica/ Tracy and the Q's in front trying to get it open again. 

Another: Yeah I guess, but what about Rebecca Budig and Michael Easton who've been on this show a little over a year? I'm sure the audience wants them involved. Although; here's an even better idea about who can reopen the hospital, FRANCO!!!

Frank runs in from wherever: Did you say Franco? I thought I heard his name. FRANCO SAVES THE HOSPITAL! I love it!! That's the best story to tell! Do that! RoHo is going to kill it. 

FV: And if that doesn't work, we'll SORAS Joss and pair Franco with her. Get Kelly Sullivan, I heard Y&R just let her go.

Writer: Yeah, they got her after you let her go from this show. On which she played Kate.

FV: So?

Writer: So she was already on the show as another character. Who was horrible and everyone hated her.

FV: See? It'll do.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 10

FV: Stay with me here, fours. I know Kelly already played Connie -

Writer: Kate.

FV: Yeah, that's incorrect. Anyway: What if she was Sarah Webber?

Writer: Sarah? Seriously? Liz's sister?

FV: Yeah, no, I mean Hayden's. Hayden's sister.

Writer: Liz is both Sarah and Hayden's sister.

FV: Sarah can date Franco.

Writer: Liz. Liz is dating Franco!

FV: 

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 12

Writer:  Well, what about Steve Burton?  He left Y&R recently, too-

FV:  Who the hell is that?  Was he popular there?  Did they love him?  Do I know him?

Writer:  Well, he did originally play Jason.  He actually, um quit, Sir.

FV:  Jason?  That's Billy Miller's role.  He plays that.  No, no.  Was he on OLTL? 

Writer:  No, but here's a picture.

FV: Get his agent to send me a photo of his abs, stat.   Remember that pile of scripts Ron had about the fat guy?

Writer:  SK?  He wasn't really-

FV:  Put all of those funny fat zingers in about Billy. 

• Love 2

In fairness, there's a big difference between "Franco has a plan to save General Hospital" and "Franco saves General Hospital". Life is too short for me to get my blood pressure up over any silly TV show, especially when in the end, I don't think it will play out as it sounds. Besides that, this is a show that has painted Sonny and Jason as heroes for decades, and they are not one iota better than Franco. Not even a  teeny, tiny bit better. At this point, I am just glad it might not be Sonny or Jason doing the " he's not so bad" thing.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, IWantCandy71 said:

In fairness, there's a big difference between "Franco has a plan to save General Hospital" and "Franco saves General Hospital". Life is too short for me to get my blood pressure up over any silly TV show, especially when in the end, I don't think it will play out as it sounds. Besides that, this is a show that has painted Sonny and Jason as heroes for decades, and they are not one iota better than Franco. Not even a  teeny, tiny bit better. At this point, I am just glad it might not be Sonny or Jason doing the " he's not so bad" thing.

I could say that if Franco were planning to save GH, it'd be more productive than planning to set bombs that blow up his kids or exes like Sonny tends to, then I remembered that for Franco that could be Kiki and Nina, so I was like maybe Sonny has the leg up on him there.  

22 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

I don't know why they're rushing all the beats. But it is very much in-character of Jason to believe that what happened wasn't technically Sonny's fault and Carly/Sonny should go through their loss together.

Rushing the beats is typical of GH, in my opinion.  They did the same thing with the "Jake is gone" storyline. Lucky and Elizabeth were trying to accept what Robin and Patrick told them, and Carly was acting first toward Jason, and then toward Lucky and Elizabeth,  like they had to consent to the organ transplant right. that. minute. or Josslyn would die before the night was over. They also did it with the lab explosion, when Robin had just "died" and Patrick (with dirt, etc. on his clothes) was attempting to wrap his mind around what just happened. Sam was following him, begging him to take the vile Robin had given him and go right now to Jason so that her child wouldn't lose a parent, too. 

Speaking of Sam, I was surprised she was so ....detached?.. when speaking to Alexis about the bomb and Morgan's death. Can't recall if Sam and Morgan (w/BC in the role) ever had a scene together, but Sam has known Michael and Morgan since they were children, her little sister Molly was close to child Morgan, and she and Jason just re-married in Sonny,Carly and Morgan's home. I thought I would see a hint of a tear in her eye or something.  I also don't understand why we haven't seen Molly on-screen so far, at least getting a hug of comfort from Sam or Kristina. Molly absolutely should have an outburst of anger about the violence that Julian and Uncle Sonny just brush off - her cousins and her sister's lives have all been impacted by it.  She and Josslyn could have a great scene about that. Although I'm not sure Joss, since she's so much younger, knows Michael got shot in the head and was in a coma as a child.  Maybe that's still to come - have I missed Molly and Joss spoilers?

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 1

LW mentioned missing/shortening some beats in an interview posted elsewhere. She blames the 40 minutes (really, it's 37) in each episode, which necessarily limits what you can show. That's true, but there are better ways to use those 37 minutes. We didn't need to see the Laura/Lulu scenes. We didn't need to see the Claudette/Nathan/Maxie scenes. We didn't need to see the Curtis/Nina scenes.

I'll never understand the awful pacing on this fakakta show.

• Love 6
On 10/15/2016 at 4:51 PM, dubbel zout said:

LW mentioned missing/shortening some beats in an interview posted elsewhere. She blames the 40 minutes (really, it's 37) in each episode, which necessarily limits what you can show. That's true, but there are better ways to use those 37 minutes. We didn't need to see the Laura/Lulu scenes. We didn't need to see the Claudette/Nathan/Maxie scenes. We didn't need to see the Curtis/Nina scenes.

I'll never understand the awful pacing on this fakakta show.

Yeah, but they have 5 episodes a week. Why not use them? Just show it the next day then. I don't mind week-days or month-days myself.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

I could say that if Franco were planning to save GH, it'd be more productive than planning to set bombs that blow up his kids or exes like Sonny tends to, then I remembered that for Franco that could be Kiki and Nina, so I was like maybe Sonny has the leg up on him there.  

Eh, not really. Sonny is responsible for Kristina's existence. Kristina is, was, and will always be more annoying and unlikeable to me than Kiki. And one of Sonny's exes is Alexis. So it's at least a dead even draw between the two men. 

14 hours ago, ulkis said:

Yeah, but they have 35 episodes a week. Why not use them? Just show it the next day then. I don't mind week-days or month-days myself.

Because so much of that air time is needed to present Freako in a *positive* light so the haters will shut up.

• Love 6

It just to occurred to me all over again what a bad job the show did with the Liz/Rebecca Budig sisters reveal.  There's been almost no fallout or change in their relationship and they're both busy with their swains.  So bizarre.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

It just to occurred to me all over again what a bad job the show did with the Liz/Rebecca Budig sisters reveal.  There's been almost no fallout or change in their relationship and they're both busy with their swains.  So bizarre.

Have they even shared screen time in weeks? Some time around Thanksgiving, we'll see them in a scene together and it will be like all of the fallout happened off camera, and it's all fine now.  And the boys just love Auntie Greenlee! 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Well they yelled at each other that one day.  I know I was in a lot of agony that day.  Sigh.  They're just going to literally make everyone in the town eat Thanksgiving dinner together while Tracy and Dillion get drunk over pizza and cry?   God, since Sam is *so* perfect now, she could at least cook them dinner.

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Well they yelled at each other that one day.  I know I was in a lot of agony that day.  Sigh.  They're just going to literally make everyone in the town eat Thanksgiving dinner together while Tracy and Dillion get drunk over pizza and cry?   God, since Sam is *so* perfect now, she could at least cook them dinner.

Yup. With these hack writers, I'm leaning towards that story. 

Since that insane money grab from HayChel, Liz has been recuperating with broke Franco. HayChel has been hanging out with Finn. No word if Daddy Jeff has made contact with Liz about her phone calls.

• Love 2

Did Liz actually call Jeff?  I remember her deciding against while she was still in the hospital.  And of course, we've heard nothing about whether she wants to tell her beloved mother No Name about this, or her longtime sister Sarah.  Why would we want to see that when we can see her giving Franco goo-goo eyes.  #eyeroll 

Even the fallout on the Rebecca Budig side fell flat.  She yelled at Naomi, what, once?  And Naomi's off-canvas now too.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

I think there is just as much a chance as they may write Tracy and Lucy doing something to save the hospital. There has to be a reason they are putting them together in this story. It actually reminds me of when both of them were rivals over Harlan Barrett for a minute, when he first came to town. If I thought for a minute GH might actually give Tracy a new man, I might think we are having a repeat of that, with both of them fighting over whatever man is trying to buy the hospital property.

I cannot fathom what Franco could possibly come up with, plan wise, to save the hospital. And TBH-I don't really see what the big deal is about re-opening GH in a different building/location. I would think, with all the murders at the old place, most of them would want a fresh start at a new place. Perhaps that is Franco's plan-to convince the buyer that the building is haunted. It is about to be Halloween, after all. And such a story seems exactly the kind of immature thing these writers would do.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, IWantCandy71 said:

And TBH-I don't really see what the big deal is about re-opening GH in a different building/location.

Do we know for sure they want to open in another location? We heard the guy say that to Lucy, but that doesn't mean it's true. He might know she talks a lot and told her that to keep the real plans quiet.

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I have a sinking feeling that saving GH is what will bring Rebecca Budig and Liz together. 

But that even seems to be more about their love interests.  Franco and Dr. Michael Easton to the rescue! #eyeroll

• Love 2
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Do we know for sure they want to open in another location? We heard the guy say that to Lucy, but that doesn't mean it's true. He might know she talks a lot and told her that to keep the real plans quiet.

I would think it would be completely the choice of the hospital board if they wanted to open the hospital in a new location. Why on earth would they not be able to? It sounds like the buyer is offering a fair price. They should be able to buy a new building.

7 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Morgan dies and Kiki dresses up for Halloween 2 weeks later. 

LOL.

LOL.

Look, she dressed like a sexy skeleton for children, okay?

Plus, she was going to break up with him lol.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

I would think it would be completely the choice of the hospital board if they wanted to open the hospital in a new location. Why on earth would they not be able to? It sounds like the buyer is offering a fair price. They should be able to buy a new building.

My only issue is that every time FV introduces a new set, it looks cheaper and sadder than its predecessor

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

I don't mean if they (these particular board members) are able to find a new space. I'm wondering if they don't want GH to exist altogether. Otherwise, why move? Why not repaint the walls and/or redesign the interior? Yes, there was a serial killer loose, but it wasn't a hospital employee, and it's not as if scads of people were killed.

On a more RL level, wasn't the hospital set redone not too long ago? Like, within the past five years? I remember a big unveiling.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

Isn't it amazing that she's kinda become a female lead? 

I guess not, considering she's the only woman in her age bracket on contract.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4