Type keyword(s) to search

Quotes from Grimm: "I Don’t Like That No Fear Of Death Thing. It’s Not Healthy."

I can't believe we don't have a quotes thread yet for this show!

Renard: If I didn't know you any better, I'd be in love with you.

Rosalee: It's all just gotten so overhwhelming.

Monroe: Honey, it's a wedding. It's supposed to be overwhelming to keep you from doing this more than once.

• Love 3
(edited)

Nick: "Monroe tell me one thing about our relationship that we wouldn't have to lie about"

Monroe: "You're right all the time we spent together, all the sneaking around. G-d it seems so wrong."

Nick: "without the boots there would be no cabin"

Edited by blueray

Monroe: You people murdered my grandfather. The Grimms burned down his farm, cut off his head, his hands, and his feet. Okay, maybe he deserved it for some of the things he did. But if my parents could see me know, standing this close to you and not avenging the family, last Thanksgiving I'd be invited to, I can tell you that.

Marie Kessler: Take your best shot, blutbad.

S1E2, "Bears Will Be Bears"

Angelina Lasser: [about Nick] He's a Grimm.

Hap Lasser: What? No. He's a cop. Monroe, tell her she's wrong.

Monroe: She's not.

Hap Lasser: He's a cop and a Grimm? Is that legal?

S1E6, "The Three Bad Wolves"

Parliamentary Officer #1: All those in favor of the witness coming forward? All opposed? I move to request that the Grimm does not cut off our heads for opposing him on this question.

S1E19, "Leave It To Beavers"

Monroe: You could be infected.

Rosalee Calvert: With love!

S2E4, "Quill"

George Lazure: [about the supposed alien attack] Hey, look, you can level with me. We're all on the same team, really, protecting the people. Was the victim probed?

Sgt. Wu: Nobody was probed... yet.

S2E19, "Endangered"

Nick Burkhardt: Where do you think you're going?

Trubel: With you; isn't that what I'm supposed to be doing?

Nick Burkhardt: No, this is a crime scene. This might not have anything to do with wesen.

Hank Griffin: Don't I wish.

S3,E20, "My Fair Wesen"

• Love 1

Rosalee: Maybe think of [sleeping with Nick while looking like Adalind] like wearing a costume.

Nick: A costume of a woman who tried to kill me.

Elizabeth: I would suggest a very dark room.

Nick: What am I supposed to tell [Wu]? That I used to be a grimm but I'm not anymore because I slept with a hexenbiest who changed into Juliette because we took her baby away and gave it to my mom?

Hank: Gotta start somewhere.

• Love 4

[jerk's car explodes]

Juliette: Did I do that? I didn't do that. Did I?

Wu: You know how sometimes you guys forget when an invaluable member of the force I am?

Hank: Who is this guy?

Nick: No idea.

Nick: "Hexenbeist."

Hanks: Makes sense after everything Adalind's done to [you and Juliet].

Nick: Yeah, to all of us.

Wu: Not to me.

Hank: You ate her cookie.

Wu: I did?

Nick: Yeah, that's why you ate your carpet.

Wu: Oh.

Carol: What are you doing?

Wu: Uh, piercing his ear.

Nick: It hurts!

Hank: Wait, I gotta put the paste in.

Carol: What kind of police are you?

• Love 2

Adalind: We need to get to Juliette!

Viktor: Not just yet.

Adalind: Then what are we doing?

Viktor: It's called back channel diplomacy and it cannot be done truly effectively when done so loudly.

Wu: So he exploded?

Nick: Spontaneously combusted.

Wu: Is it possible the victim had some sort of homemade bomb strapped to him?

Hank: Yeah, sure. Anything's possible.

Wu: It'll look better on the report.

Nick: Yeah, we like bomb.

Juliette: Bring it on, bitch!

• Love 2

The thing I liked about the "Bring it on, bitch" was the relative awkwardness of Juliette's delivery.  It's the way a stressed, real person would say something like that in that situation.  Adalind before the fight was all poised confidence and smooth speaking.  Juliette was a little shaky and clearly furious with the slightly clumsy way of speaking that real anger causes.  It was a conflict of style over substance.  This time, substance kicked the holy living shit out of style.

• Love 3
(edited)

Monroe: Olive or Twist! I love that place! The prices will scare the dickens out of you though.

Renard: All you have to do is just cut yourself and then the blood onto the book like this.

Juliette: Really? All I have to do is cut myself and bleed for you? Why can't you do it again? Aren't you half hexenbeist?

Renard: Why does everybody keep making that mistake? I am not a hexenbeist. I'm a zauberbeist. There's a difference.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 2

Nick: If this is the hibernaculum, what are they doing down there?

Monroe: Hibernaculating?

I loved that the look Rosalee gave Monroe showed that I was not the only one thinking of the word it more or less rhymes with (··aculating). Edited by shapeshifter

Kenneth "if you don't stop screaming... you will die" or whatever he said to Adalind.

I think it was Adalind shrieking about how Juliette was going to kill her and then Kenneth saying, "No one's going to kill you - unless you keep screaming like that."
  • Love 2

Adalind: If [Juliette] did that to the trailer, what's she going to do to me?

Hank: You mean besides kill you?

Wu: Uhhhh, after eating one of Adaline's cookies and devouring half my carpet, I'm not all that keen but whatever you guys need.

Hank: Maybe the killer isn't wesen.

Wu: Well that'd be a nice change of pace.

Rosalee: You okay?

Adalind: It's not that easy being pregnant, cutting up your mom, and waiting for someone to kill you.

• Love 3

Nick: It didn't work.

Adalind: What? It had to. It worked on me. I can't do anything anymore.

Nick: She didn't drink it.

Adalind: Well, no wonder it didn't work!

Hank: How do we get it out of him?

Adalind: You can't unless you open the portal again.

Nick: How do we do that?

Adalind: You have to kill him.

Monroe: If we kill him, he's kind of dead, isn't he?

• Love 1
(edited)

One line in the season 3 finale made me LOL.

Bud [who is basically a beaver--and beavers' teeth grow continuously like nails and hair, so they can gnaw wood into structures--upon learning that Rosalee, Monroe, and Adalind were all going to be staying at his house]: I have plenty of toothbrushes!

Oh, and this one too:

"They're animals!"-- Rosalee, re: hundjagers.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 1

from Leave it to Beavers (one of my favorite episodes)

Said by one of the Eisbibers, whose name I can't recall: "The Grimm will probably never speak to us again. I can't believe I just said that." 

Nick and Monroe are always comedy gold, especially in the early episodes..

Nick: Name's Melissa Wincroft.
Monroe: Whoa. Did you just, like, Grimm that? Some kind of telepathic way?
Nick: No. I read it off an envelope. Melissa Wincroft, owner and CEO. Must have been her office.
Monroe: That's cheating. I sniffed her out.
Nick :Good boy.

Monroe: What is it?
Nick: Quadruple homicide.

Monroe: See. Your life's not so bad.
Nick: In the parking lot near the Deluxe Hotel.
Monroe: Oh *that* quadruple homicide.
Nick : Yeah.
Monroe: Well, at least you know who did it.

Nick : I don't need you for what you know, I need your nose.
Monroe: Oh, I get it. So little Timmy's stuck in a well, you need Lassie to come find him. You really know how to butter a guy up for a favor.
Nick : I've got a '77 Bordeaux in my truck
Monroe: I can maybe catch a scent.

Nick: I think I need to send 'em a message.
Monroe: I think you do too, and you know what? When it comes to sending these guys messages two heads are better than one.

Monroe: So are you going to arrest them or what?

Nick: Or what.

• Love 2

My favorite Monroe quote of all time is still his reaction to reading about the Schakals: "Whoa, look out! They ate a baby. That's rude!"

I also loved just about anything that came out of Hap's mouth. Sorry, but I still miss Hap.

• Love 2
(edited)

Wu: The way the vic was killed, this has got to be wesen.

Hank: Can't wait to explain that to Polk.

Wu: I'll come visit you in the psych ward every Tuesday.

Monroe: Simon Willard had an easier time building his banjo clock than I am with this thing. It was the first commerically successful American wall clock to have the pendulum suspended in front of the weight case and the weights attached to a pulley.

Monroe: Too many bad things have gone down here. Too much death and destruction.You might want to think about a change of venue.

Nick: You mean move.

Monroe: Oh, I mean get the hell out of here.

Adalind: What if [Kelly]'s like me? What if he's like you? What if he's some weird combination of both of us like a hexengrimm or a grimmabeist?

Monroe: Two things I know about kids: (1) They are the future and should be cherished. (2) They're lying little bastards.

Adalind: Kelly, you're too young to appreciate the irony of this but the car we're driving belonged to a woman who tried to kill me. Of course, I tried to kill her too.

Adalind: Nick I don't want to be alone right now. I know this is, um, whatever it is, but maybe just for tonight you could sleep in our room. I'm sorry. This is too weird.

Nick: I think we're beyond weird at this point.

Monroe: Whatever kind of family you have, reality is relative. Normal is just the middle of the mess.

• Love 1

Adalind: We've tried everything. He's been bathed, changed, burped. How do we know if it's colic?

Rosalie: Pretty much if he won't stop crying.

Adalind: I sleep a lot better knowing you'll kill whatever walks through that door.

Rosalee: Electric bill, telephone bill, advertising - oh, we won a million dollars!

Adalind: I just realized I forgot to bring clothes to change into.

Nick: I can get you something. What do you need?

Adalind: Anything without baby puke would be fine.

Nick: There wasn't much to choose from so I just got you one of my shirts. You know, you should really buy some clothes. Use the credit card that I got you.

Adalind: I'd feel a little awkward doing that.

Nick: Well, not having clothes is awkward.

Frankie: The guy was my bodyguard and he tried to kill me with an ax. What's with the swords and axes? I thought these morons realized you can buy a gun literally anywhere.

Frankie: I know they're not real. Just a mask.

Wu: Yup. Just a mask.

Rosalee: My knight in shining-

Monroe: But I don't do armor. I got a nickel allergy.

Amos: I didn't [kill Eli and Isaac].

Mr. Troyer: Of course you didn't.

• Love 1

Adalind: [The lantern] won't stay on. Maybe it's broken.

Nick: Hit it.

[mostly hilarious because an IT person once gave me the same advice about my computer making a noise and it worked, so ever since then my advice when something doesn't work properly is to hit it]

Adalind: Maybe you should have a more dependable light source if you're going down [into the tunnels]

Nick: I got my phone!

[knock on door]

Monroe: We're not here!

Nick: Trubel came over last night. She wants to know if we are willing to work with Hadrian's Wall.

Monroe: Aren't we kind of doing that already?

Rosalee: What do they want us to do?Take an oath?

Homeless guy: If I'd known he was going to get murdered, I would have told him not to go.

Adalind: The Aztecs had this ceremony built around Orion's Belt. It was called the fire drill. Why they called it that, I don't know but every time Orion's Belt rose above the horizon they would sacrifice a man on top of a pyramid.

Nick: How do you know these things?

Adaline: Home schooling.

Monroe: I can be as good a brainwashed zombie-headed zealot as anybody.

Wu: Adrenaline can do weird things to perception.

• Love 2

Monroe: I think [Nick's new place] is kind of homie, you know, in a, like, post-apocalyptic neo-industrial steampunk chic kind of way.

Monroe: Dude, it is so weird that you slept with both [Juliette and Adalind] when they were each other. Relationships are confusing enough as it is without getting into that kind of bizarre arithmetic.

Felix: You must be Rosalee. I am very nice to meet you.

Adalind: You know my birthday?

Nick: Yeah, well, you know.

Adalind: I guess you did arrest me once.

Nick: How did you get [these grimm books]? Did you kill him?

Felix: Oh, no, no, no. I am not violent, despite what just happened.

Eve: If there are nineteen more like this, it would help replace what was lost when the trailer burned down.

[Nick, Trubel, and Monroe all give her serious side eye]

Monroe: Yeah, a lot of irreplaceable history was destroyed, and not by accident.

Wu: It's a little unusual even considering the normal unusual.

Rachel: If you're not smart enough to bury dirt, you don't belong in the game.

Hank: Maybe they didn't leave a mark.

Nick: Then what's the point of making a map?

Wu: To drive whoever has the map crazy.

Nick: This [fake passport] is really good. For something completely illegal.

Renard: [Dixon] dug his own grave. I just provided the shovel.

Rachel: And the dirt.

Monroe: What if it's something that used to be important back then but isn't a very big deal now. Like eyeglasses. Did you know the first pair of eyeglasses was invented in the thirteenth century?

Monroe: Empty churches really give me the creeps. I always feel like I'm being observed by someone who's not really there.

Monroe: What if it's like the arc of the convenant or the holy grail? Or, I don't know, the ten commandments or something?

Nick: Why would they bury the ten commandments?
Monroe: I don't know. Maybe there's other commandments we know nothing about.

• Love 2

Monroe: If this doesn't work, I'm busting out the hacksaw!

Monroe: It's a stick?

Hank: It looks like a stick.

Wu: A really old stick.

Rosalee: It can't be just a stick!

Nick: That's what it looks like.

Monroe: They wouldn't have buried a stick. Unless there was some kind of dog wesen.

Hank: Maybe it's some kind of important stick that belongs to a bigger piece of wood that means something to somebody.

Wu: What if it was a stick-mata? Sorry, that was a reach.

Rosalee: Maybe it's something like a stick from the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Hank: You're talking about the tree that Eve picked the apple from in the Garden of Eden?

Monroe: If that's the case, then we just flew half way across the world and risked our lives for a stick that has screwed up all of humanity since the beginning of time.

Wu: Maybe that's why the buried it in the first place, because the gates of hell are going to open up and the world as we know it is going to end.

• Love 1