Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E19: Gator Done

1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

Most of this episide was bad except... 

Ralph locking up the bikes

Patti hugging Sly. 

Happy and Toby having a serious discussion about life changes. 

1 hour ago, incandescent said:

I really thought that Case was hallucinating when he (and the audience) first came upon Toby halfway down in a pit of quicksand.

Yeah, it was hard to tell, Scorpion has gotten really cartoon-y lately, usually it's just over the top action, but lately it's...

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MDL said:

Walter lies to Paige about the lecture, then calls Flo(rence) and asks her to go with him....DICK.

First I was pleased that he used a white lie because he knew Paige didn’t want to go. Then I was annoyed at the show writers for setting up another fiasco.  He did sort of touch base with the team about their evening plans - maybe the implication is that he would have asked one of them to go? Not sure. But this will not end well for Walter with either Paige or Sly.  I love everyone on the team as it is now except Walter and Paige.  Can we keep Ralph and lose those two? 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, MDL said:

Walter lies to Paige about the lecture, then calls Flo(rence) and asks her to go with him....DICK.

How was it Paige was going to go to the lecture to begin with? Had he assumed she would want to go and she wasn't honest (white lies) and said she'd love to? I can't believe she agreed to go to such a thing when it was clearly something she wasn't interested in. I hate how the show is trying to imply that you can't have different interests than your boyfriend. 

Usually I'm okay with Scorpion's OTT "adventures" but this one was particularly ridiculous. I agree about only liking the bicycle part. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

First I was pleased that he used a white lie because he knew Paige didn’t want to go. Then I was annoyed at the show writers for setting up another fiasco.  He did sort of touch base with the team about their evening plans - maybe the implication is that he would have asked one of them to go? Not sure. But this will not end well for Walter with either Paige or Sly.  I love everyone on the team as it is now except Walter and Paige.  Can we keep Ralph and lose those two? 

You are correct. Walter was essentially asking everyone on the team if they were free. If one of the team was available he would have gone with them. Since everyone else had plans he invited Florence. I can picture it going either way. Either Paige will be upset that he lied to her and went with Florence or she will be proud that he told a white lie to spare her feelings and instead found someone who wanted to go with him. 

As for the episode, I'm kind of dissapointed that Patty's first tardy wasn't something Scorpion related. I was hoping she would get caught up in their missions and that would be the reason for her first tardy. While she would be upset in the end she would decide it was worth it.

I like that Sly can bounce back and forth between overgrown kid and responsible adult. I also think it was good that Toby and Happy were talking about how having a kid would change thier life and are starting to think and work through that.  

• Love 1

I am perplexed by the Patty thing. I get her being upset that they trashed her bike. I even get her being upset about being late since she was so proud she'd never been. But I do not understand why it was a "record". Most of my friends throughout school were never late. This is not a rare thing. I think it's weird it was presented as not something that would've been true of plenty of students.

Was it weird that at the beginning they said Scorpion HAD to be there - present in NO - because the conditions to release the mosquitos had to be "perfect" and they had to measure everything themselves but at the end, with seconds to spare (as usual), Paige just threw them out there?

This Walter/Flo thing has got to stop. Sly Sly Sly!!

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Sarah 103 said:

You are correct. Walter was essentially asking everyone on the team if they were free. If one of the team was available he would have gone with them. Since everyone else had plans he invited Florence. I can picture it going either way. Either Paige will be upset that he lied to her and went with Florence or she will be proud that he told a white lie to spare her feelings and instead found someone who wanted to go with him. 

If it had been someone else from the team, she might be OK with it.  But there is a bit of history with Flo.  No way was this OK.

Grown-ups might have said "I know you don't want to go, so I'd like to take someone else who will enjoy it, and you can spend the evening with Ralph".  Or "I know you love this stuff, but it's not my thing and you'd have a better time taking Sly or someone who likes it".

• Love 3
21 hours ago, theatremouse said:

I am perplexed by the Patty thing. I get her being upset that they trashed her bike. I even get her being upset about being late since she was so proud she'd never been. But I do not understand why it was a "record". Most of my friends throughout school were never late. This is not a rare thing. I think it's weird it was presented as not something that would've been true of plenty of students.

You are correct. For most people being late is not a big deal. In high school most of my friends were good, responsible kids and not the type who were constantly late to class. That being said, everyone runs into traffic jams now and then. For Patty being on time clearly matters and is something she is proud of. Maybe her school is one of the ones what gives awards for that kind of thing and she wants to win. 

11 hours ago, illini1959 said:

Was it weird that at the beginning they said Scorpion HAD to be there - present in NO - because the conditions to release the mosquitos had to be "perfect" and they had to measure everything themselves but at the end, with seconds to spare (as usual), Paige just threw them out there?

This Walter/Flo thing has got to stop. Sly Sly Sly!!

I thought they got back to the perfect release spot just in time to release the mosquitos. I'm rooting for Sly and Flo too. I don't think Walter and Flo is really a romantic thing. It feels very Three's Company to me. Everyone is misreading the situation and thinks something is happening when there's nothing there. 

Why is it that, out of all the wackiness on this show, the thing that bothers me the most is that Toby could not have stayed for Mardi Gras following March Madness in 2012, since Mardi Gras was February 21 that year.

(And yeah, I know he technically could have stayed for a year until Mardi Gras 2013, but whatever...)

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, Scott said:

Why is it that, out of all the wackiness on this show, the thing that bothers me the most is that Toby could not have stayed for Mardi Gras following March Madness in 2012, since Mardi Gras was February 21 that year.

(And yeah, I know he technically could have stayed for a year until Mardi Gras 2013, but whatever...)

Thank you!  That bugged me too!

On 3/20/2018 at 8:48 AM, joanne3482 said:

How was it Paige was going to go to the lecture to begin with? Had he assumed she would want to go and she wasn't honest (white lies) and said she'd love to? I can't believe she agreed to go to such a thing when it was clearly something she wasn't interested in. I hate how the show is trying to imply that you can't have different interests than your boyfriend. 

Usually I'm okay with Scorpion's OTT "adventures" but this one was particularly ridiculous. I agree about only liking the bicycle part. 

This bugs me too.  I guess in Scorpion-land, you have to be two of the exact same people with the exact same interests to make a relationship work.  My husband loves to tinker with his computer, I don't.  I give him time to mess around with his stuff and he doesn't feel the need to sew with me.  I would never go to a lecture with him, and he wouldn't ask me to because he knows I would be bored to death and IT WOULD BE A HUGE WASTE OF TIME AND RESOURCES.

It's ok to have separate interests as long as both people are mature.  

Oh, and to insist someone who doesn't understand "little white lies" cultivate that ability is just wrong and dumb.  Paige wants Walter to learn to lie to her?  Ok.  I'd rather my partner cultivate "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" rather than flat out lie to me.

Oh, and Paige gets dragged through a swamp and the next time we see her is later that day with perfect hair and makeup?  

Edited by Destiny74
  • Love 1