Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E08: Toil and Trouble

• Start Topic

The 90s: I don't miss the hairstyle, but the shoes Kelly is wearing when Brandon swings her around at the newspaper office?  I miss the 90s footwear.  I could rock the hell out of a platform flip-flop, preferably adorned with rhinestones.  And a pedicure.  Always, always, always a pedicure.  Now where's my Healing Garden tangerine lotion?

• Love 1

WTF is going on with Donna's hair in this episode?  It's like a whole other life form.

I had completely forgotten how much of a raging asshole David was.  The constant temper tantrums, the pissy attitude, screwing over people with his hypocrisy or with illegal dealings.  Seriously, he was supposed to be a sympathetic character? 

Let's not forget his complete lack of talent when it came to music, producing or running a club as well.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 2

I think it's bullshit that Val is being put through the ringer here. Noah is presenting as A Poor. Valerie is an ambitious 22 year old hottie in L.A. Are we really supposed to clutch our pearls over her juggling two dudes? And think she's a skank because the one she kind of likes more defines himself as a mooching boat-living no wine glass having vagabond loser? She has every right to want to her boyfriend to have a clean glass for her to drink wine out of when she visits him at his boat. Val is keeping her options open. It's really too bad both those guys got so butt hurt over her not pledging her loyalty to either of them.

• Love 2

Jeez the Bev Niners are a pretty unspectacular, untalented, mediocre bunch. I can imagine being one of their classmates from either high school or college and being like, "you hear that loser David Silver has a nightclub? It's next to that stupid diner they used to always hang out at!" "Yeah I read about it in that asshole Brandon's shitty alt paper. Remember that guy? He was our waiter that time we went to the Peach Pit and he wouldn't stop smacking his gum?" 

• Love 12

Couple of things: 

1.  David using the checkbook really REALLY bugs me on several levels.  #1, no landlord would ever take a third-party check, ever.  I remember once getting a late fee because a friend of mine was subletting my apartment and she paid the rent directly but the landlord wouldn't take it and it caused us to be technically late.  Banks don't take that crap either.  He would have been smarter to have the check paid to "CASH" and take it from there.   I can't even begin to imagine the check bouncing shit storm this created.  But technically, isn't the bank supposed to "eat" this since they allowed a check to be cashed that wasn't signed with the same signature as on the signature card. 

2. I didn't realize that the lack of sexy chemistry was something that always concerned Kelly.  I think this is brought up again during the non-wedding.  I am glad I don't even remember this part of the episode.  These kids are 22 and are exciting that they bone everywhere?  Seriously?! This is so basic... when you're 22, it's NBD to do it anywhere in public, was it? 

3.  Ah, Val...wasn't this plot line done years ago, with Steve and Dylan?  Own your truth- you weren't exclusive so these guys should just deal.  However, in my hazy memory, I don't remember anyone dating (boning) more than one person at a time, even if it was just Friends with Benefits.

• Love 1

I just don't even get why Val would be torn between Noah and Cooper Hargrove (or whatever his name is). Noah is a boring, angsty drip who is apparently poor. Cooper is rich, cute, charming, and seems nice enough. Why was this even a question? What would Val ever see in Noah if she had a nice, rich guy on the hook already? 

• Love 1
On 2/6/2018 at 6:43 PM, ZeroDiscipline said:

I think it's bullshit that Val is being put through the ringer here. Noah is presenting as A Poor. Valerie is an ambitious 22 year old hottie in L.A. Are we really supposed to clutch our pearls over her juggling two dudes? And think she's a skank because the one she kind of likes more defines himself as a mooching boat-living no wine glass having vagabond loser? She has every right to want to her boyfriend to have a clean glass for her to drink wine out of when she visits him at his boat. Val is keeping her options open. It's really too bad both those guys got so butt hurt over her not pledging her loyalty to either of them.

And this ain't the first time the show has slut-shamed Val for dating 2 guys at once - remember she was boning Dylan and dating Steve? SMDH. She's not married or in a relationship or 40 years old, people (not that 40 year old singles can't date around) but if you can't play around in your late teens/early 20s when can you? Stop making it crime SHOW. And so agree - I'm no wine expert, but I knew enough at 21 that I didn't like drinking it out of plastic. What's wrong with that? And Noah is NOT cute. Sorry, maybe it's the complete wooden delivery and his "acting" that bugs me but ... no. Just no.

On 2/5/2018 at 5:29 PM, Nanna said:

Sarah’s whispered “kill yourself” was amazing! 

I know! I couldn't stop cackling! 

• Love 2