Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: Liz's Story- LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Miracle Maxie said:

Any guesses as to whether she’ll be a compliant patient? I’m thinking not. 

I hope not because this is a pretty boring episode. 

What's up guys, long time lurker first time poster. Hopefully I end up having picked a good episode to join in, not another drugged up, whiny, delusional, dysfunctional, no shoe, frahd rice, porch shower of a failure at an attempt to lose weight when they need to most. We shall see :) 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Kvv9862 said:

What's up guys, long time lurker first time poster. Hopefully I end up having picked a good episode to join in, not another drugged up, whiny, delusional, dysfunctional, no shoe, frahd rice, porch shower of a failure at an attempt to lose weight when they need to most. We shall see :) 

Welcome! Glad you could join in the snark!

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Kvv9862 said:

Welcome. There’s always room for more in the hand basket 

• Love 5

She keeps saying that she will try, not that she will actually do it.  I'm not hopeful.

And every time I see EMT's having to move someone that large, I cringe.  I feel really bad for them.  At my husband's job, they are not allowed to lift more than 50 pounds without help.  Those EMT's are lifting roughly 150 pounds each.  

• Love 5

I watch a lot of shows about people with conditions that cause physical deformities and have never had an issue looking past that to see the person...but those legs. It’s not even pitting, it’s caverning. 

Edited by dreadfulLeigh
Edit for less harsh wording
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, hoosiermom said:

Hey 88keys. Glad you could make it!

Hey, HooiserMom!  

1 minute ago, poeticlicensed said:

I have had physical therapy. Those people gave up too fast. They would always tell me if it doesn't hurt, it's not working.

They sounded like they couldn't wait to get out of there.  "OK, see you tomorrow!"

• Love 5
1 minute ago, 88Keys said:

She keeps saying that she will try, not that she will actually do it.  I'm not hopeful.

And every time I see EMT's having to move someone that large, I cringe.  I feel really bad for them.  At my husband's job, they are not allowed to lift more than 50 pounds without help.  Those EMT's are lifting roughly 150 pounds each.  

And then some. I hope they wear back braces. Not being facetious at all. Seriously. They could throw a hip out.

• Love 4

I can’t imagine that they don’t have a better way of helping her to stand.  Some sort of a hoist or something to do a little each day.  If she were to start falling those people couldn’t prevent it.  I can’t stand those belts they but around any fall risks at hospitals.  They seem barbaric.  They used one on my dad and I hated that.  Was one nurse going to be able to hold him up by that belt.  There has got to be a better way.

• Love 6