Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Meet the Parents

Drogo
  • Start Topic

Lizzie's release is met with devastating news; after weeks of no ring, Garrett makes an expensive purchase that upsets Johnna; Lamar gets a taste of Andrea's jealousy hours after his release.

I don't know if I can continue watching this one--I feel like there is no one to root for.  The male ex-cons are kind of scary.  The female ex-cons seem like grifters.  The Russian girl is the only one so far that seems like maybe she might get some traction since she has her family behind her.  The men and women who are with them all seem delusional and super needy.  It just feels like we're about 5 minutes away from a 911 call most of the time. 

• Love 10

At the car wash: Oh Andrea,  nobody wants that fresh out of prison, after serving 18 years, man, but you.  Acting all jelly over nothing.

She needs to give him a chance to see what he's made of.  The man has been locked away for 18 years.  He might very well be a good man now or  he might not.  

Edited by lasandi
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, Princess Sparkle said:

I could’ve gone the rest of my life without seeing Andrea get fingered in the car wash. 

Why did he have to be shirtless for it? 

• Love 6
On 1/28/2018 at 8:48 PM, Princess Sparkle said:

I could’ve gone the rest of my life without seeing Andrea get fingered in the car wash. 

IKR? Doesn't she realize her children are going to watch that? Even if they don't let them, her children's friends are gonna see it online. 

A little self-control would have been greatly appreciated by this viewer. Just a little. Like, wait until you get to the hotel. I mean, you've waited this long!

On 1/29/2018 at 10:45 AM, Scorpiosunshine said:

Lizzie is never going to get her SAG card -- her acting skills are awful. 

I can't figure out what she's doing with all of that money IN PRISON? Unless she's putting it away for when she finally gets out?

Dude was upset because deep down he knew he had been had all along. Sometimes you just have to go recover in a grove.

This is why they don't let prisoners have cell phones in jail. They just use them to con people. And why does Lizzie have a cell phone in her cell, anyway?

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 6
35 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I can't figure out what she's doing with all of that money IN PRISON? Unless she's putting it away for when she finally gets out?

See her thread, I figured it out. :)

Andrea doesn’t care about her kids, her family, her friends. All she wants is HER MAN. The devil be damned.

• Love 1
On January 28, 2018 at 12:11 AM, Real4real said:

I don't know if I can continue watching this one--I feel like there is no one to root for.  The male ex-cons are kind of scary.  The female ex-cons seem like grifters.  The Russian girl is the only one so far that seems like maybe she might get some traction since she has her family behind her.  The men and women who are with them all seem delusional and super needy.  It just feels like we're about 5 minutes away from a 911 call most of the time. 

I don't understand why one needs someone to root for on a TV show; a sporting event yes, but not a show.  Alla, the Russian girl has "grifter" written all over her face.  She looks like she's still doing heroin.  

Insecurity is the problem with all of these people.  

On February 5, 2018 at 11:49 AM, cooksdelight said:

Andrea doesn’t care about her kids, her family, her friends. All she wants is HER MAN. The devil be damned.

I agree; but it makes sense.  Everything in society says that if you don't have a man, you'll end up an 80 year old spinster with a house full of cats, single woman=crazy cat lady.  I think some women are more afraid of that than bringing an ex-convict into their home with their three minor children.

Edited by Neurochick
On 1/28/2018 at 12:46 PM, BadTV said:

Why would a woman of any religion agree to marry a man who is not of her faith?  Isn't that a no no?

It happens sometimes, but it's pretty rare.  For most religious people, their faith is an important part of their life and it would be nice to find a partner of the same faith, but it's usually not a dealbreaker if that partner isn't.

I know a few couples of different faiths that are just fine but religion isn’t a big part of their lives. They don’t really practice so it doesn’t make a difference. For me, I am Catholic and regularly go to church. I want to be married in the Catholic Church, raise my kids in the church and have them go to Catholic schools. I wouldn’t mind marrying someone of another faith but I wouldn’t change what I really want or who I am and I would hate myself if I tried to make someone change their religion or belief system for me. I just find those to be awful people because it’s disrespectful to the person you state you love. I wonder if Andrea really believes Lamar is going to become Mormon. I wonder if she has ever explained to him what a Mormon believes or anything about their lifestyle. Does he know that he has to give up alcohol and caffeine? A man out of prison for 18 years is likely going to want a few drinks.

• Love 1
On 2/10/2018 at 8:25 PM, Neurochick said:

I don't understand why one needs someone to root for on a TV show; a sporting event yes, but not a show.  Alla, the Russian girl has "grifter" written all over her face.  She looks like she's still doing heroin.  

I'm just now binge watching this show.  I agree Alla looks like she is still doing drugs. I think her wonky eyed boyfriend is just one of those guys who values dating a "model" above all else.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Just watching the reruns now as I have a free preview....Andrea is nuts, poor car wash girl was just doing her job. She looked like a kid, I doubt she wanted an old convict.

I think Andrea is like desperate for SOMEONE else to want James.  

...the car wash girl wants him, his baby momma from 15 years ago wants him.  Girl, bye, no one wants that man but you.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 1